• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

N.Y.S.T (New York Smash Tournament)2.10.07

Bailey

Smash Hero
Ok so I am back into smash and with that said time for another one of my tournaments. Out of all of my tournaments I want this one to be the best do I'll put this up now.

Address:
253 West Route 59
Nanuet NY, 10977
The place is called ToyWiz

Numbers:
Store:
(845) 624-2224
My Cell:
(914) 906-5363

Start: 11:00
End: 12:30

Entry Fee:
Singles: $20
Doubles: $20
Other: $5 (Maybe Low Tier and FFA)

Prizes:
1st: 65%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 10%
^^^^^^^^
That is for all tournaments

Rules:
For 1vs1 AND 2vs2

BYOC

The stage for Game 1 will be selected at random unless both players/teams can agree on a stage. After the stage has been randomly selected each player/team may call for a reset. Each player/team can only call for a reset once during a series. If a reset is called, another stage must be randomly selected. The stage that was first selected can’t be randomly selected again, but is still available for a counter pick.

Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium

Doubles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Rainbow Cruise, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium, DK64

Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.

Stages banned for Singles Only: Great Bay and Mushroom Kingdom 2 and Onett

Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City and Onett

Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, and Kongo Jungle and Onett.

No stage may be used twice in a Best of 3 or Best of 5 Series. The random select stages are the only stages that may be used more than once in a best of 11 series.

After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose to knock out one stage. Stages that are knocked out won’t be used during the series.

After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.

For the first game of a series, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge (Me or someone I say) the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game..

Any unnecessary pausing of the game will result in a forfeit of that single game, this will be enforced to the fullest.

Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the game or makes it unable to be finished are banned and will result in the immediate forfeit of the entire match.

Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. If by using one of these tactics, you have put your character in a place to lose a stock by ending the tactic, a judge may force you to stop and lose a life and continue the match short a stock.

For Doubles matches, Team Attack is ON
For Doubles matches, life stealing is allowed
Any stage can be played on if both players agree.

NOTE WE NEED SET UPS I WILL KEEP A LIST OF WHAT WE HAVE

NOTE I CHANGED THE TOURNAMENT TITLE

phish-it

Smash Champion
I doubt you'd even come if it wasn't your birthday....

I'll be coming to this with a setup. Where it says $20 for doubles, you do mean $10 for both players right?

EEvisu

Smash Lord
hmm I might come down w/ a few MD buddys if we can hook up a ride, we'll see also if we can might need some housing lol

mood4food77

Smash Hero
ehhh, changed my mind, i'll see if i can, most likely doubtful, but if i can i'll bring like 2 other friends or something

phish-it, i'm a very busy man, i'm a 3 sport varsity athlete trying to get my gpa up to a 4.0, i like to spend my free time however i feel like, and with my winter track schedule, i have 9 meets in 3 weeks which last forever, i have a meet feb 9th and 11th, something like that, if i didn't do these sports, i wouldn't be me, most tournaments happen on a day i have a track meet, hey i went to one last year right after a track meet ended, didn't even have my controller, so i do try, so i'll see what i can do, it's still early though, it all depends on if my family is coming over or not (exactly how i want to spend my bday...) which then i can get rated M games without parents, yea i ratted on, but think before you post, i try to come, i usually am too busy or don't have the money

if i can go, i'll see if i can bring a tv and a cube, and i'll see if my one friend who'd i bring can bring his also

EEvisu

Smash Lord
I dunno if I can come to this because of lack of people willing to drive lol but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Lier

Smash Cadet
i can go to this tourney even thou im a no name player basicly. :ohwell:

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i can most likely come, i'll bring 2 friends if i can, and i'll have one of them bring their cube, i'll bring mine and a tv

so if i come, that's 2 cubes and a tv

Bailey

Smash Hero
Ok so far the tournament only has:

ToyWiz: 3 TVs 2 Gamecubes 2 Copies of Smash
Mood4Food: 2 Cubes 1 Tv and 2 Copies of smash.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i can only bring one cube, i just found out at my friends house that he's selling his cube later this week for a Wii, i'll be able to bring a cube and a tv, i'm not sure if he's gonna sell his copy of smash or not, just letting you know

mood4food77

Smash Hero
if you live in rockland county, it's behind where the Seaman's furniture used to be in nanuet, it's right down the road from the nanuet mall

if not, the go to the first page and look at the location and type it into mapquest, the place is called Toywiz

Bailey

Smash Hero
Yea I put the address on the first page. Here is it again

253 West Route 59
Nanuet, NY 10977
Also attention I am having a Smashfest the day before this tournament so pm me on the details.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
not in the mood4food, are ya?

just kidding, why not?

anyways, birthday boy will need a partner for this tournament? anyone up for it? and no, i will not pay for you

Zeee

Smash Journeyman
You know I'd be more than happy to fork over my 10-20$ to Wes... ;.;
I can come for fun this time right?

Bailey

Smash Hero
I dunno cause fvcking I am about to call this off because no one is gonna come anyways so it is wasting my time. People if you want more tournments tell your friends to come and who said Wes is coming?

mood4food77

Smash Hero
don't call it off, you still gots about a month, i might be able to get the rest of TNR up to this shiz

Lier

Smash Cadet
i can get a few of my friends to come, plz dont cancel this because theres like no tourneys thats not like 2 hours away from me.

Zeee

Smash Journeyman
I dunno cause fvcking I am about to call this off because no one is gonna come anyways so it is wasting my time. People if you want more tournments tell your friends to come and who said Wes is coming?
:O noone said Wes was coming in the last thread.
It was to everyone's surprise when he showed up lol.

I'm still coming though I've learned a lots since I played everyone there. (mostly not to sandbag when your getting your a5s handed to you lol)

See you 2/10/07

mood4food77

Smash Hero
there's one in sloatsburg, if you do that one, i'll ask my dad if he could pick you up, but let me know your names first, like real names so he knows you guys are real people

Bailey

Smash Hero
Ok I am talking to my parents about the Samshfest I can probably have it at my house the night before the tournament and people can stay over and smash but I will need cubes and TVs for the Smashfest as well as the tourney and please people there is no point of having 50 Gamecubes and only having 5 tvs. So please do all u can to bring a tv. I can probably talk the manager into giving people who bring TVs discounts on entry fees.

Lier

Smash Cadet
i can probably bring my cube and my copy of smash for the tourney.

Bailey

Smash Hero
Ok see for this tournament I already have 3 TVs at the store and I can bring 2 more if needed but that is only 5 TVs I want at least 8 TVs so if you guys can tell your friends about this and bring a TV I can get you a discount on entry fee to the tournament

Bailey

Smash Hero
I apoligize for the double post and also if anyone gets confused because of the name change the last name sucked. So now it is N.Y.S.T

Top Bottom