• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MYTHIC VOL 4 feat. VBrawl & Brawl+! Dec. 5th, 2009 (MD/VA Tournament!!)

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Actually this has made for an interesting development

If JCaesar drives me to this tourney I'll go (you can pretty much count on EE wanting to go too), otherwise its not worth the trek for me, i'll throw in gas money obviously.

If not I'll just continue with my other plans

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Dammit, I so want to goto this but am rideless >_<

If I do go though, expect to see no MK for me cause I got a new secondary, well actually I've been playing him for awhile but rarely used him in tourney ;)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Actually this has made for an interesting development

If JCaesar drives me to this tourney I'll go (you can pretty much count on EE wanting to go too), otherwise its not worth the trek for me, i'll throw in gas money obviously.

If not I'll just continue with my other plans
I'm definitely not driving my truck all the way down here.

Maybe Cape will be willing to drive. He might be willing to take you and EE too but obviously Brawl+ players will get first dibs on seats.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Yeah, this is ridiculously far, but if I can hitch a ride with Tant or something, I'll try to make it.
yesh

This is way too far for me so I'd pretty much like a ride too if anyone's offering =\
K9 may be holding a smashfest at his house prior to Mythic, if this happens, you all should just Hitch it to his house, stay the night, then get your ride from there?

EDIT: Just a reminder, please bring Brawl + setups, we only have 2 at the moment, also if anyone wants to bring a TV along, they are more than welcome to help speed up tournament time, we are trying to run 4 events. ;)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
If Cape and I come that will be at least 2 more setups.

What codeset will you be using? RC1 has been out for a few months, but it's pretty poorly balanced. There is a new beta version which is much better balanced and has some other long-awaited changes, but it does still have a few small bugs and isn't quite polished yet. As the TO it's up to you, but I would recommend the beta.

Information about both can be found in the Smash Workshop and at http://brawlplus.net

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Cape can't come, and I'm not willing to make this drive in my truck, so it's looking very unlikely that I'll make it :ohwell:

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
The two setups that I have are being brought by Final Fantasy and Oath and I'm almost certain that they are being run by RC1, so if they are willing to update to the BETA then that is what we will run. Also, JCaesar, if you come would you mind doing the seeding for B+? I'm not familiar with the B+ community yet.

@FF and Dre: You guys mind updating to the Beta? I'm looking over the changes and it looks promising.

EDIT: Tant, Drive and bring people!!! D: Someone get in touch with K9!!!

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
@Bolt- I'm not driving here, its too expensive for the size of tourney we are coming to.

@Seeding- It's no different than brawl, other than maybe give a few Brawl+ goers a bit higher (Cape, JCaesar, Waffle, G-regulate, Thunderhorse, Vist) than they would be in regular brawl. JCaesar has run a gazillion tourneys for B+ and i've helped in the past, I usually let him do it, he does a good job but really isn't a fan of running tourneys, where as I love it, so i'll probably help out if I go

@Cape- let me know if i can ride

@Man With the machine gun- try out the BETA version, if you don't like it no biggie, its not too much different except for the dodging thing out of hitstun

@Waffle- come to this

@JCaesar- I'll enter + if i come to this, and try out my MK in tourney

@EE- whenever you read this let me know, we can discuss plans on aim

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
@Bolt- I'm not driving here, its too expensive for the size of tourney we are coming to.
Expensive?! Tant, just give rides to people and have them throw down $5 for gas.. you and I both know that if you come, more people can come and the turnout would be larger.

But it's whatever, I'm not gonna sit here and beg. lol It's just fun having you guys here.

This would be soo much easier if K9 pulls through. x_x

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Think between VBrawl Teams and Singles there will be time for Main Event MMs?

I want to let my G&W shine. Anyone want to MM it? Minimum $30.

I got a ride :D

Actually, if its a $30 MM or more, I'm gonna use my Kirby too, but I'll agree to no MK if you want, you can still use him, but I won't. I'll use Kirby and G&W vs your anyone. Also, best of 3 of 5, coming back on TWO counterpicks is just so much more fun ;)

Lobos

Smash Master
* Delfino Plaza
* Castle Siege
* Frigate Orpheon
* Battleship Halberd
* Rainbow Cruise
* Brinstar
* Pokemon Stadium (Melee)
* Norfair
* Jungle Japes

:chuckle:

Oh I can help out with seeding if JC or Tant dont come. I also can bring 1 full setup tv/brawl/brawl+

boss team with me for B+?

Rule set for B+ copied from BTL2

# 4 Stocks
# 8 Minute Time Limit
# No Items
# If you need to add your name to change your controls, please remember to do so, and do it quickly. You can not quit in the middle of a match if you realize your controls are wrong.
# First round consists of all characters being chosen by a blind pick. The first stage will then be determined by a stage strike method. Players take turn striking out neutral stages until only one stage remains, which is the stage that is played. After the first match is over, each player bans one stage that can not be used in counterpicks.
# Match two/three will first consist of the previous loser picking a stage, then the previous winner picking their character, and finally the previous loser picking their character.
# You may not counterpick a stage you have already won on earlier that set.
# Stages:

Starter

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island Brawl
Pokemon Stadium 2

Counterpick

Wario Ware
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Battleship Halberd
Delfino Plaza
Luigi's Mansion
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise
Wifi Waiting Room

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
Think between VBrawl Teams and Singles there will be time for Main Event MMs?

I want to let my G&W shine. Anyone want to MM it? Minimum $30.

I got a ride :D

Actually, if its a $30 MM or more, I'm gonna use my Kirby too, but I'll agree to no MK if you want, you can still use him, but I won't. I'll use Kirby and G&W vs your anyone. Also, best of 3 of 5, coming back on TWO counterpicks is just so much more fun ;)
I'll do that.. :o if you don't mind

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Dayum poyo is too goodz

I don't think I would go either. I would just go to the tourney

LLOD or June going to this??????

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I didn't block you

I just don't feel like talking to anyone lately and I haven't been on the computer that much recently. I have only really been on at school and there is no aim there D:

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Its 5 PM and you're still at school?! Get ***** by detention?

I didn't know you could use computers during detention, maybe I should go back to public school lol

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Well anyway, obv I'm going to be holding something since Bolt asked me a while ago.

It'll be invite only.

People who can't come: Poyo (smells bad), Lil B (isn't a lulzy troll yet tries to be), Sin (sorry bro)

People who can: Everyone else...

No one show up before 8 PM. Hit me up on AIM for my address O:

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Yea I am on "The List"

Its 5 PM and you're still at school?! Get ***** by detention?

I didn't know you could use computers during detention, maybe I should go back to public school lol
I am not at school right now this is a case of I don't feel like talking to people

I will get on tomorrow most likely

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Oh I can help out with seeding if JC or Tant dont come. I also can bring 1 full setup tv/brawl/brawl+

boss team with me for B+?

Rule set for B+ copied from BTL2

# 4 Stocks
# 8 Minute Time Limit
# No Items
# If you need to add your name to change your controls, please remember to do so, and do it quickly. You can not quit in the middle of a match if you realize your controls are wrong.
# First round consists of all characters being chosen by a blind pick. The first stage will then be determined by a stage strike method. Players take turn striking out neutral stages until only one stage remains, which is the stage that is played. After the first match is over, each player bans one stage that can not be used in counterpicks.
# Match two/three will first consist of the previous loser picking a stage, then the previous winner picking their character, and finally the previous loser picking their character.
# You may not counterpick a stage you have already won on earlier that set.
# Stages:

Starter

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island Brawl
Pokemon Stadium 2

Counterpick

Wario Ware
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Battleship Halberd
Delfino Plaza
Luigi's Mansion
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise
Wifi Waiting Room
Good **** Lobos, thanks alot. :) *updating thread op*

Well anyway, obv I'm going to be holding something since Bolt asked me a while ago.

It'll be invite only.

People who can't come: Poyo (smells bad), Lil B (isn't a lulzy troll yet tries to be), Sin (sorry bro)

People who can: Everyone else...

No one show up before 8 PM. Hit me up on AIM for my address O:
Alright good **** Kenny, thanks a ton. :) You hear that MD? Better show yo a$$es!

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
If I beat Lie or if he doesn't show up I'll use the $50 to MM you.

The priority order of my MMs so far

1. Lie
2. Korn
3. BMX

Yeah Korn, I know I agreed to our MM first, but don't worry, it'll still probably happen (depending on how much money I can bring with me). But I didn't know Lie was back and I've been wanting my high $ MM re-match with Lie since after our first one.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
If I beat Lie or if he doesn't show up I'll use the $50 to MM you.

The priority order of my MMs so far

1. Lie
2. Korn
3. BMX

Yeah Korn, I know I agreed to our MM first, but don't worry, it'll still probably happen (depending on how much money I can bring with me). But I didn't know Lie was back and I've been wanting my high $ MM re-match with Lie since after our first one.
Lie, he's calling you out.. will you do it? :psycho:

Also, when you say "you didn't know Lie was back", where did he go?!

Top Bottom