• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Zss in friendlies: Rate and talk like you know

Salem

Smash Champion

Zero

Smash Hero
Couldn't you have posted in the video thread? guh

Watching now, will edit with thoughts.

Round 0:

What on earth are you doing with your armour? Armour helps you approach safely and with great effect.

0:38 - You PSed his Missle and you jabbed? You could probably dsmash that on regular shield, let alone on regular shield. Always look for the opportunity to punish shielded moves with dsmash. If dsmash is too slow, use dtilt or utilt. If they fail consistently, then you can use jab OOS.

Work on your aerial spacing.

Try not to wavebounce paralyser into your opponent at such a close range. It defeats the purpose of wavebouncing in the first place.

Don't be scared of Luigi's tornado, you can jab and beat it.

Round 1: Dsmash is NOT a followup from bair.

So much pointless wavebouncing paralyser. Too much paralyser imo.

Use more glide tosses than just down. Forward is also good and up toss is better than down for piece juggle time.

@Dakpo: 0:49 - you saw him tech towards you but you didn't dsmash :\

Aerial spacing again.

Rising nair isn't too fantastic, I would use it frugally.

1:24 - You missed punishing his grab. Where was the dsmash? Instead you went for a bair and missed.

1:40 - don't just hold jab at the edge...

------------------------------------------------

I would spend less time charging paralyser and doing random downBs and actually try to fight.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
If I did that, everybody at AiB would think i'm Dazwa, and they'd think that'd be a confirmation for me just posting in that thread that HE made.

Just so you know.
Wait....what? -confused-
And Nef isn't saying that wifi is messing you up...he's telling you that it's really hard to critique wifi play.
Do you have any non-wifi videos we can critique by chance?

Salem

Smash Champion
Wait....what? -confused-
And Nef isn't saying that wifi is messing you up...he's telling you that it's really hard to critique wifi play.
Do you have any non-wifi videos we can critique by chance?
Yes, but they're not uploaded.

Also, you'd have to see the game from a wifi perspective to actually be able to critique, otherwise... lol.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
If I did that, everybody at AiB would think i'm Dazwa, and they'd think that'd be a confirmation for me just posting in that thread that HE made.

Just so you know.
Mods aren't allowed to use alts, especially ones with nearly 2k posts >_>

I'll take a gander later, but this whole Salem = Dazwa thing that occasionally comes up with some New England wifi kids always makes me laugh.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Round 0: Luigi is not as strong at item games as you are, use this early don't run away put the pressure on.

Its luigi never ****ing do a random dash attack against him every unless you want to eat a up B to the face, he wasn't doing this so w/e.

Because of luigi's sad shield, your f-tilt is more useful than normal your d-tilt is fairly good d-smash is totally safe f-smash isn't terribad on shield(still bad though), just be careful about powershields.

Space luigi with back air more.

I only got about 40seconds in, and realized lol online, and whelp totally different game so take my advice with a grain of salt, its offline advice.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Salem, from watching your vids at Concentrate II, I noticed that when you tether to the edge, you tend to cancel the tether and jump/down b on to the stage (as opposed to simply retracting the tether til you're hanging on the ledge, like most ZSS players). Just curious, does your reason for doing this have anything to do with the fact that there's an LGL?

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
Salem, from watching your vids at Concentrate II, I noticed that when you tether to the edge, you tend to cancel the tether and jump/down b on to the stage (as opposed to simply retracting the tether til you're hanging on the ledge, like most ZSS players). Just curious, does your reason for doing this have anything to do with the fact that there's an LGL?
It's probably to prevent getting mauled from her predictable fall trajectory. If you keep the tether on the ledge, you have two choices: pull in immediately, or pull in after falling to a position just below the edge. Both can be accounted for and countered. Dropping the tether and jumping is a third option, which allows for a wider variety of recovery options.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Yeah, I'm aware that it's a third option that can help keep you safer, but I was just wondering if that was his only reason for doing it.

Top Bottom