• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My views on what the Brawl roster should be.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Updated with Pulseman and DeMille, along with Banjo & Kazooie in a new section dedicated to characters with good potential but have no chance in hell. Oh, and Metal Gear REX as a boss.

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
Bravo on the thread. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this.

I personaly think that if there was as many retro characters as you have included then it lowers the thrill and nostalgia of playing as them. It's also harder for Sakurai and co to design a new character model for a retro characters. However if those retro charcters were all included (Taka, Mach, Suka and G+W) I'd be quite happy.

Also i notice you find Banjo and Kazooie chances as imposible/ I disagree so im gonna post something i posed in my own roster in wiseguy's thread (id like it if you would give your thought as i gave mine on yours)

Banjo-Kazooie:
Look at the facts:

-Important way to represent one of nintendo's greatest second party devolopers who also happen to be traitors. (Rare = Darth Vader of nintendo devolopers...minus the redemption)
-Probably the 2nd and 3rd greatest platform games on the n64 were BanjoANd Kazooie and Banjo- Tooie. After Mario 64 of course,
-Very popular with everyone...just noone belives they have a chance.
-Great moveset potential
-OWNED BY MICROSOFT

Lets look into that. Why would microsoft stop nintendo from using b+k? Well....why exactly. Banjo and Kazooie would not exactly raise Smash Brothers sales highter than they are..Solid Snake and the inevitale Sonic inclusion will do that. Banjo and Kazooie 3 is coming out exclusivly for XBox 360 next year. What better way to advertise than on the nintendo wii....exactly the console of choise for the platformer audience. B+K's inclusion in Brawl would greatly increase Banjo and Kazooie's sales and also might even sway nintendo fans to buy a 360...im sure many of you are considering it. And in a way thats why they wont be in...because nintendo wouldnt want to help microsoft in any way.....but its not impossible as you would argue.

I rate this 9.5/10. Maybe with K Rool it would be a ten.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Banjo and Kazooie was suppose to be made on the X-Box...I don't think he would be in Smash...He is on of Rare's characters, unlike DK who was originally owned by Nintendo and used by Rare....

...One reason he was taken out of the Diddy Kong racing remake

xianfeng

Smash Hero
e doesn't have that poll for nothing; he uses it to make character decisions.
So we can just assume that Link's Uncle is confirmed right?

Why exactly would SE say no? They've already lent Geno for Mario & Luigi. And they get paid royalties. There isn't any reason that SE would say no.
Because they would probably ask for one of their important characters to be put in instead, they wouldn't give him Geno without making him include an important Square-Enix character.

A standalone game counts as a series, ever, that's always applied.
According to you maybe.
And just to mention, Nazo no Murasame-jō was re-released in Japan's version of the Classic series for the GBA, so yes, even though it's a re-release, it is not just a standalone game as you put it.
So I take it that the Donkey Kong series which not including the remakes has 23 games actually has 27 games because of the remakes but wait I forgot about the VC that makes it 29! Remakes don't count.

For f-ck's sake, I've explained it countless of times, I will NOT explain it again if you're just going to keep on ignorantly saying that constantly like some ****.
You've said his game sold well, that doesn't mean it was important to Nintendo's history. It just means that it sold well, it didn't save the console, it wasn't highly praised for it's revolutionary gameplay.

Stafy has no chance over Takamaru. He's popular in Japan, but he honestly lacks potential for an actual unique moveset and character for sh-t. I much rather the style of a samurai rather than a star who can only spin to kill enemies. And Takamaru is actually on the poll, when Stafy is, well, not. Which shows how much Japan wants their precious Stafy to be in Brawl as playable. And Sigurd could possibly be in, as I covered in my thoughts about Marth, I could see him possibly replacing Marth as a representative for a retro Fire Emblem.
Link's Uncle was also mention on your stupid little poll and just because you can't think of a moveset for Stafy doesn't mean Sakurai can't, he's a creative person you shouldn't doubt him. Also Sigurd replacing Marth is a stupid idea, just look at the FE symbol in smash is that the Tryfing? NO! It's the Falchion.

-Important way to represent one of nintendo's greatest second party devolopers who also happen to be traitors.
They weren't traitors, just because Nintendo sold them causing most of their staff to quit that makes them traitors?

-Probably the 2nd and 3rd greatest platform games on the n64 were Banjo ANd Kazooie and Banjo- Tooie. After Mario 64 of course,
Banjo Kazooie was far better than Mario 64, Mario 64 was great when it was released but it didn't have much replay value BK was bigger and better.

WoodyWiggins

Smash Journeyman
Nice list, but where's Goemon. Anywho, glad somebody thinks that Bombman deserves a spot in Brawl. I think that NiGHTS also has a place in Brawl. It (NiGHTS) has a new series (Journey of Dreams) and since The Blue Blur has a date with Jumpman at the Olympics, in my opinion that "eliminates" any chance of Sonic starring in Brawl. Wiseman for SE Boss, REALA for Rival, Jackle for AT.

thejbr12

Smash Apprentice
2 things. First, how do you feel about K. Rool? With the addition of Diddy it seems to me there will be a nice little DK story in the Subspace Emmissary, so there "should" be SOME kind of DK villain presence in the game (probably as a boss, not as a playable character). Logically it's K. Rool, but I can see where they would decide to not make a MAJOR villain a boss (seems kinda like a demotion) so I could see them putting in that giant dark yellow bee thing as a boss and making K. Rool an AT (because as an AT a character is making a cameo, but as a boss a character is subservient to a higher boss, which kinda insults the King).

I see someone added a link to a fairly good picture of Kraid, any chance you'll be putting him in as a boss?

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
@nobletoast: Well, I do think it's slightly possible, only in the slightest, but other than that it's pretty much impossible that they'll be in.
Well, I thought about Isaac, but I wasn't too sure. I've stated I think he would be a great character, but there's other characters I think will make the cut before him.
I see someone added a link to a fairly good picture of Kraid, any chance you'll be putting him in as a boss?
Tail is cut off, but I might try to shop it on somehow.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
So that's why the Ice Climbers are considered as a series and even has its own icon in both Melee and Brawl?
Well if they're playable characters than of course they are going to have their own icon, it would be stupid to have the smash logo. But according to you ports somehow count as more than one game to a series meaning that not only Ice Climbers is a series that Diddy Kong Racing is too! I suppose that means the DK series still only has one character? Right.
But yeah, it DOES count, because it really shows how much of a classic the game is considered in Japan basically.
Hundreds of games are ported does that mean they should all have Brawl representation?
Actually, selling well on the NES DOES mean it's important to Nintendo's history. The game along with many other games that were instant hits really made the NES the great console it was, and, yes, provides greatly to Nintendo's success today.
Duck Hunt sold much better than Takamaru's game, does it deserve a playable character? ROB practically saved the NES in NA and looked what happened to him! He is not the most of one of the most important characters from the NES, or from the most important game on the NES.
Yeah, obviously the sh-tty designed and lacking Stafy is totally more original than the extremely popular and full-of-potential Takamaru!
Stafy is at least part of a series that will PROBABLy be released worldwide. Also just because you are an uncreative clod doesn't mean you should doubt Sakurai look at Fox and Captain Falcon they had no potential AT ALL for SSB but they got great movesets.

Actually, it isn't, both pretty much have the same prestige, I could see Sakurai replacing Marth with Sigurd as Sakurai has stated he's a big fan of Sigurd. I rather Marth, but I'm not denying it's completely possible. And the Falchion is the main symbol of the series, it's always been.
It shows that Marth is more important and therefore more likely.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Well if they're playable characters than of course they are going to have their own icon, it would be stupid to have the smash logo. But according to you ports somehow count as more than one game to a series meaning that not only Ice Climbers is a series that Diddy Kong Racing is too! I suppose that means the DK series still only has one character? Right.
Since when did Diddy premier in Diddy Kong Racing?
Hundreds of games are ported does that mean they should all have Brawl representation?
No, but it shows that they are, indeed, popular. And one of the reasons why Sakurai added Pit was because he was part of the classic port line for the GBA along with the fact that he was needed, much like Takamaru.
Duck Hunt sold much better than Takamaru's game, does it deserve a playable character?
No, actually, it didn't.
ROB practically saved the NES in NA and looked what happened to him! He is not the most of one of the most important characters from the NES, or from the most important game on the NES.
Actually, R.O.B. was a flop in NA, much like the Power Glove.
Stafy is at least part of a series that will PROBABLy be released worldwide.
I doubt it, and even then, it doesn't matter. Stafy is a sh-t character. He's not worth it, and doesn't deserve it over better characters like Takamaru or Skapon.
Also just because you are an uncreative clod doesn't mean you should doubt Sakurai look at Fox and Captain Falcon they had no potential AT ALL for SSB but they got great movesets.
They had great potential, anyone with a good imagination would be able to give them really cool movesets that perfectly fit their character. However, Stafy doesn't, at all, ever.
It shows that Marth is more important and therefore more likely.
That's not the point, I'm just pointing out the possibility of Marth's replacement for the extremely popular (matter of fact, most popular) Sigurd. It's completely possible.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
C'mon, Gyromite uses ROB and it was awesome!

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
Banjo and Kazooie was suppose to be made on the X-Box...I don't think he would be in Smash...He is on of Rare's characters, unlike DK who was originally owned by Nintendo and used by Rare....

...One reason he was taken out of the Diddy Kong racing remake
I do realise that Banjo and Kanzooie 3 is exclusive to xbox but i see no reason why microsoft would not loan them to nintendo for smash bros. The only outcome of their inclusion would be to promote the new banjo-kazooie game which is exclusive to xbox.....ergo make them a bit of money and maybe even bring up the xbox 360's popularity in japan (albeit only a little bit).

If Banjo and Kazooie were characters popular enough to raise the sales of smash brothers (ie - sonic, solid snake) then they would not dare to loan them to nintendo....however the only company whose gonna benefit from them being in smash is microsoft.

I DONT think they'l be in, i prefer the idea of mega man or bomberman but its not impossible at all.

thejbr12

Smash Apprentice
Banjo and Kazooie will not be in because of Nintendo, not because Microsoft. Why would Nintendo want to give Microsoft free advertising? It's bad business, even if those characters would boost sales for the game.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I don't agree with your view on Isaac, of course. Future installations of Smash Bros. will not have Sakurai behind them. He would make an awesome moveset for Isaac out of his psynergy and sword attacks. We need him now!

Probably the only thing good I can say about this list is King Dedede, Captain Olimar, and you pretty much got your returning characters spot on. It's nice to see a list with Marth in it.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Since when did Diddy premier in Diddy Kong Racing?
He didn't but it's a game seperate from the DK series as DK isn't in it.

No, but it shows that they are, indeed, popular. And one of the reasons why Sakurai added Pit was because he was part of the classic port line for the GBA along with the fact that he was needed, much like Takamaru.
The NES is allready represented, with two characters. That part of Nintendo's history is done other parts need representation too like the SNES, the Gameboy and hell even the N64 is starting to age a bit.

No, actually, it didn't.[/QUOTE
]Everyone in the world that owned a NES had this game pretty much, it was bundeled with the system. It would have defiantly sold better than Mazo whatever

Actually, R.O.B. was a flop in NA, much like the Power Glove.
Link or it didn't happen.

I doubt it, and even then, it doesn't matter. Stafy is a sh-t character. He's not worth it, and doesn't deserve it over better characters like Takamaru or Skapon.
In YOUR opinion.

They had great potential, anyone with a good imagination would be able to give them really cool movesets that perfectly fit their character. However, Stafy doesn't, at all, ever.
You have no imagination I get it but Sakurai and the brawl developers could give Stafy a great moveset, it wouldn't be that hard just chuck in a couple moves from the games, use some items from the games and use some moves that seem right.

That's not the point, I'm just pointing out the possibility of Marth's replacement for the extremely popular (matter of fact, most popular) Sigurd. It's completely possible.
It's also unlikely.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
He didn't but it's a game seperate from the DK series as DK isn't in it.
Diddy is still part of the DK series, point?
The NES is allready represented, with two characters. That part of Nintendo's history is done other parts need representation too like the SNES, the Gameboy and hell even the N64 is starting to age a bit.
Since when would Takamaru represent the NES?
Everyone in the world that owned a NES had this game pretty much, it was bundeled with the system. It would have defiantly sold better than Mazo whatever
No, it was only bundled in America. And it did NOT sell better than Takamaru's game, which literally sold as much as Legend of Zelda did in Japan.
Link or it didn't happen.
From the wikipedia article:
While in production, R.O.B. was not widely accepted. The reason why it is not exceedingly rare today is due to its brief inclusion in the NES Deluxe Set. It was compatible with only two games, neither of which were simple enough for a game market that, at the time, was composed almost entirely of younger children.
Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R.O.B.
In YOUR opinion.
Which is obviously better than your's.
You have no imagination I get it but Sakurai and the brawl developers could give Stafy a great moveset, it wouldn't be that hard just chuck in a couple moves from the games, use some items from the games and use some moves that seem right.
Don't forget the only physical action Stafy could ever do is spin, so he couldn't punch, kick, etc. AT ALL.
It's also unlikely.
Proof?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Diddy is still part of the DK series, point?
DKR is as much of a series as Takamaru's game.

Since when would Takamaru represent the NES?
Well that's what I'm assuming you're trying to say here.
No, it was only bundled in America. And it did NOT sell better than Takamaru's game, which literally sold as much as Legend of Zelda did in Japan.
So? On a worldwide scale Duck Hunt sold better and was more popular.

From the wikipedia article:
Not a reliable source of information

Which is obviously better than your's.
Opinions can't be better than other opinions *******.

Don't forget the only physical action Stafy could ever do is spin, so he couldn't punch, kick, etc. AT ALL.
Sakurai could make it work, very easily. He unlike you is a creative person.

The Falchion not the Tryfing is used as the FE symbol should be enough.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
DKR is as much of a series as Takamaru's game.
So Mario Kart, Mario Party, Mario Golf, etc. AREN'T part of the Mario series?
Well that's what I'm assuming you're trying to say here.
No, what I'm trying to say, as I explained thuroughly in my thoughts on Takamaru, is that he is much needed to fill in the fourth and final extremely popular Famicom Disk System character group, which includes Samus, Link, AND Pit, Pit appearing in Brawl as of recent. The only one left is Takamaru, who was as popular as Link was when both of their games was released side-by-side. That, and he would be a great addition.
So? On a worldwide scale Duck Hunt sold better and was more popular.
Duck Hunt also sold more than Fire Emblem but it got a rep in before it, point?
Not a reliable source of information
Yeah it is, even if you look on every god **** site about R.O.B., you WILL find the exact same information. It's a well known fact that R.O.B. was a complete flop, everyone knows that unless you're completely stupid.
Opinions can't be better than other opinions *******.
They are when they have reason behind them, which mine do, while your's don't and usually are misinformed considering you think Takamaru is an unneeded character.
Sakurai could make it work, very easily. He unlike you is a creative person.
He could give him all his B moves, but Stafy can NOT physically fight other than spinning (which would be probably one of his B attacks), ever. He doesn't even have limbs to work with.
The Falchion not the Tryfing is used as the FE symbol should be enough.
The Falchion IS the symbol of the whole series, so it hardly applies to whether knowing Marth is in or not. Marth has a high chance of returning, but suggesting he won't be possibly replaced is just idiotic.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
So Mario Kart, Mario Party, Mario Golf, etc. AREN'T part of the Mario series?
Spin offs

No, what I'm trying to say, as I explained thuroughly in my thoughts on Takamaru, is that he is much needed to fill in the fourth and final extremely popular Famicom Disk System character group, which includes Samus, Link, AND Pit, Pit appearing in Brawl as of recent. The only one left is Takamaru, who was as popular as Link was when both of their games was released side-by-side. That, and he would be a great addition.
Not really, he isn't needed. His game was popular in Japan WHO CARES?

Duck Hunt also sold more than Fire Emblem but it got a rep in before it, point?
Fire Emblem is a series, Takamaru's game isn't.

Yeah it is, even if you look on every god **** site about R.O.B., you WILL find the exact same information. It's a well known fact that R.O.B. was a complete flop, everyone knows that unless you're completely stupid.
Wikipedia can be edited by anyone and you're calling me stupid yet you're getting angry at someone over the internet which makes you a genius.

They are when they have reason behind them, which mine do, while your's don't and usually are misinformed considering you think Takamaru is an unneeded character.
No you're just an arrogant coinceted ****. Opinions are all equal no one man's opinions are better than any one elses.

He could give him all his B moves, but Stafy can NOT physically fight other than spinning (which would be probably one of his B attacks), ever. He doesn't even have limbs to work with.
Sakurai could make his arm like things limbs, if he wanted to he could make it work, like I said he is a creative person with something you've never heard of an imagination.

The Falchion IS the symbol of the whole series,
Therefore Marth is the most important character in the whole series, he is the mario of fire emblem.

so it hardly applies to whether knowing Marth is in or not. Marth has a high chance of returning, but suggesting he won't be possibly replaced is just idiotic.
Having a FE character without Marth is like having Luigi without Mario.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Spin offs
And that's exactly what Diddy Kong Racing is.
Not really, he isn't needed. His game was popular in Japan WHO CARES?
Obviously people who aren't idiots.
Fire Emblem is a series, Takamaru's game isn't.
What does a character being in a series have to do with anything?
Wikipedia can be edited by anyone and you're calling me stupid yet you're getting angry at someone over the internet which makes you a genius.
Yeah, and when it is, it's automatically changed in a split second. This applies to any wikipedia article. Any idiot would know that.
No you're just an arrogant coinceted ****. Opinions are all equal no one man's opinions are better than any one elses.
Too bad, they are better when you're obviously missinformed about how important Takamaru is to be in the game over many other characters and got nothing to back it up other than your ignorant hate for him.
Sakurai could make his arm like things limbs, if he wanted to he could make it work, like I said he is a creative person with something you've never heard of an imagination.
Alright, saying Stafy could work, why would he get in over an icon like Takamaru? And actually provide facts this time.
Therefore Marth is the most important character in the whole series, he is the mario of fire emblem.
Hahahahahahahahaha!

Seriously? Are you serious? Do you honestly think that?

If you do, then I feel sorry about you.
Having a FE character without Marth is like having Luigi without Mario.
Marth is just the first Fire Emblem lord, he isn't the f-cking Mario of the series. He doesn't appear as the main character in every series, the whole Fire Emblem series changes with just about every game in terms of character. Both Sigurd AND Marth are pretty much the two most popular lords ever, Sigurd being more popular than Marth. They are both similar in every aspects, unless Sakurai gave Marth a rapier and Sigurd a lance, which I highly doubt, Sigurd has a VERY high chance of being the retro FE rep this time around. However, I do not think he will, but it's completely possible.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
And that's exactly what Diddy Kong Racing is.
Seperate but the same.

Obviously people who aren't idiots.
Flaming makes you look like the idiot.

What does a character being in a series have to do with anything?
Well a character from an unrepped series is more likely than a character from an unrepped stand alone game.

Yeah, and when it is, it's automatically changed in a split second. This applies to any wikipedia article. Any idiot would know that.
Again flaming, it just makes you look like a moron. I'm not saying you are a moron, you just come off like one.

Too bad, they are better when you're obviously missinformed about how important Takamaru is to be in the game over many other characters and got nothing to back it up other than your ignorant hate for him.
I don't hate Takamaru I just realise that he's a minor character to Nintendo as a whole and probably won't be in this game and your personal bias towards the character is clouding your judgement.

Alright, saying Stafy could work, why would he get in over an icon like Takamaru? And actually provide facts this time.
You haven't provided any facts so why should I? Or at least you haven't cited any sources aside from the very unreliable wikipedia which nobody takes as a serious source.

Hahahahahahahahaha!

Seriously? Are you serious? Do you honestly think that?

If you do, then I feel sorry about you.
Well not the mario of fire emblem, and I feel sorry for you too, getting so upset over words.

Marth is just the first Fire Emblem lord, he isn't the f-cking Mario of the series. He doesn't appear as the main character in every series, the whole Fire Emblem series changes with just about every game in terms of character. Both Sigurd AND Marth are pretty much the two most popular lords ever, Sigurd being more popular than Marth. They are both similar in every aspects, unless Sakurai gave Marth a rapier and Sigurd a lance, which I highly doubt, Sigurd has a VERY high chance of being the retro FE rep this time around. However, I do not think he will, but it's completely possible.
Oh it's possible just Highly unlikely. I know lots about Fire Emblem I've played them all except for 5 and 10.

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
I have to disagree with King K Rool here. He merrits everything that is needed for a ticket into brawl.

1. Importance: Maybe not directly himself but overall the donkey kong series deserves three reps in brawl. It is for one the 4th biggest selling franchise in nintendo history, the 9th of ALL TIME on all platforms (my source here is wikipedia, reliable, but it can be edited by anyone). It is also the first major nintendo game ever....although i realise king k rool played no part in this game. However if importance to an important series was enough then we would have more than two(three) metroid characters (ridley/samus...of course i dont know this im just predicting)...so naturally how important a series is, isnt enough...or we'd have about 10 mario characters playable.

2. Popularity: On top of K Rools minor importance he does have popularity. Hardly that of Ridley, DeeDee or Diddy Kong but i doubt theres many who would protest his inclusion and there are many many supporters of the guy.

3. Moveset Potential: Look at the many aliases of K Rool over the years...Kaptain K Rool, King Krusha K. Rool....theres plenty of potential there involving his many moves over the many many donkey kong games.

He ticks the three box's and i realise this is your roster but considering its length of it and that there is four star fox representatives (two with much less moveset potential than K Rool), a franchise with five games to its belt, and many obscure (still kick ***) retro and japanese only characters that you should bump the bog-eyed nut-case up to your newcomers section.

thejbr12

Smash Apprentice
Despite the fact that popular franchises may "deserve" more characters than unpopular franchises, I'm not so sure it'll go that way. Maybe DK deserves 3 reps, but he may only get the 2.

I will be unhappy if K. Rool makes no appearance whatsoever.

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
I know some franchises deserve more (metroid for example) but if the characters arnt that popular and dont have much moveset potential to be original (ie - the hunters, mother brain, aruably dark samus) then it isnt enough.

HOWEVER the dk series deserves 3 reps and it so happens that K Rool also has huge moveset potential (he has a canon of alises and weapons that the imaginations at smash hq could just run with, especially since random objects are now being pulled from nowere - FLUUD/Wario's bike) and is quite popular with smashers and nintendo fans....and im sure casual gamers would like the idea of a bog-eyed deranged crocodile king.

thejbr12

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't mind K Rool, I'd like to do a DK and Mario vs. Bowser and Rool fight... Yeah, that'd be neat.

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
Or even a king battle royal....K Rool, Deedee, Bowser and erm...Ike? He's a lord....thats sort of royal....sounds awesome.

Nintendo_Rockstar

Smash Cadet
K. ROOL FOR BRAWL!

And yes, Marth is the most important FE character! If Marth never existed, then neither would have Roy, Sigurd, Lyn, Ike been created either cuz he started the whole Fire Emblem series!!!

1990, Famicom, Japan - 1st FE game was released and it had Marth as the main character, not Sigurd! The series' symbol is Marth's sword, the Falchion for crying out loud! It's like saying a 4th gen pokemon should replace Pikachu!!! :mad:

thejbr12

Smash Apprentice
Or even a king battle royal....K Rool, Deedee, Bowser and erm...Ike? He's a lord....thats sort of royal....sounds awesome.
Well if Ridley got in he's basically a Captain right? And then there's 2 princesses... And Ganondorf has been king of Hyrule in the past when he's basically killed the whole army and taken the princess captive... So yeah, K Rool vs. Dedede vs. Bowser vs. Ganondorf sounds pretty cool.

Hey Luke, I don't remember seeing anything here about Sonic... Got an opinion?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I honestly don't think those are the most deserving characters. I feel your best choices are into the "characters that have huge potential but shouldn't be in the game yet but instead in later installments" section.

I don't think that StarFox for example needs FOUR representives. Two or three would be fine with me, but four's really too much. I doubt even Mario will get more characters than four since Mario's obviously dropping Dr.Mario, and Geno is in my opinion way too obscure to make it.

Also you have too many 3rd party characters in my opinion. Bomberman, Megaman and Geno. A little bit too much I say. I half agree with Megaman, but Bomberman and Geno aren't nearly as important as Megaman.

I'm still wanting Sheik to get removed, and after I've read your thread about Lucas replacing Ness I can't quite understand why you don't see Sheik's return as so obvious since Zero Suit Samus could easly be her replacement. Marth I can atleast respect however I'd rather have Sigurd, and if I had to choose 3 StarFox characters I wouldn't want choose Falco. And even though Young Link could easly be unique I'm strongly against double characters in Smash.

Still I like how you've kept Mewtwo, and not replaced him by Lucario as many people here tend to do. >_>; Krystal I love aswell, she atleast brings something more unqiue with her ; the staff. That, and I actually liked Dinosaur Planet StarFox Adventures even though the StarFox features REALLY felt outa place and Nintendo should just had Rare making their own game... But I'm getting off topic here now.

Captain Olimar and Claus sound promising, however I've yet to play Mother 3 and never played Pikmin. Claus would be cool for having another Mother character, and I acknowlegde Olimar's uniqueness.

Mach Rider seems unlikely now that Wario's got his Chopper for his B moves, and I know nothing about Custom Robo but I'm not all too excited about Ray 01, he too seems a little too odd to make it in.

Ridley and King DeDeDe speak for themselves, everyone almost has these guys on their list and after Diddy, Wario and MetaKnight's inclusion these are probably the most likely and deserving characters yet to make it.

Takamaru and Sukapon look interesting, but I fear both will end up being Assisst Throphies at best. Still, Takamaru has a nice shot now that both Lyn and Samurai Goroh both got deconfirmed but it's still a big maybe.

Animal Crossing Human is an idea I'm also against. I've only once played a little Animal Crossing and I quite liked it, but I really wouldn't like this character being playable. He can easly be unique - that's not the problem, that's also why he made your list but a counter agruement of yourself about Ness was something in the lines of "What would this character's backstory be in the Subspace Emmisary?". Thusfar, it seems every character could have quite a nice backstory (yes even the Ice Climbers) but the only thing I could think of for Mr.Generic here is bad memories about dececed plants come and haunt the Animal Crossing Human... But then again, I don't know Animal Crossing that well, but I can't possibly see this guy having a deep backstory (not that a DEEP backstory is needed ofcoarse, but atleast SOME... O_O).

However the biggest thing which I'm not agree with is this particulair line:

However, I do think that he would make a pretty good third DK rep. He is, after all the main villian of the series, which alone gives him a lot of merit, really. However, anyone knows that he doesn't really have much potential for moves, although I could see Sakurai giving him some pretty good and powerful moves.
Okay, I don't question your overall reasonings but THIS? K.Rool has so much potential to have a great all unique moveset. People are screaming Bowser clone way too much, but this croc easly beats out the fire breathing turtle in unique and awesomeness! In every Rare DK game K.Rool appeared in, he always fights differently.

In Donkey Kong Country he appeared as King K.Rool, the most common way how people see him. However, his true moveset potential comes with DKC2 (the coolest and best game of the DKC trioligy!) where he appears as Kaptain K.Rool, and fights with a huge blunderbuss which is able to shoot cannonballs, different sort of gasses and has a sucking ability and invisibility, that and he wears awesome pirate gear. In DKC3 K.Rool is known as Baron K.Rulenstein, who has a jetpack for a possibly Up B, and a huge robot CHAOS controlled by DK and Diddy's brains for a possible Final Smash. That, and he appeared as a boxer in DK64 which would give him quite some wacky tilts and Smash moves perhaps. It's unfortunate that DK Jungle Climber isn't released here in Europe yet, but from what I've heard K.Rool will also fight differently there.

And if StarFox is getting 4 reps, why does the more famous and better selling Donkey Kong just get 2 characters? Somehow I don't think that's fair, but hey I've atleast got my Diddy so I'm happy. =)

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
However the biggest thing which I'm not agree with is this particulair line:

Okay, I don't question your overall reasonings but THIS? K.Rool has so much potential to have a great all unique moveset. People are screaming Bowser clone way too much, but this croc easly beats out the fire breathing turtle in unique and awesomeness! In every Rare DK game K.Rool appeared in, he always fights differently.

In Donkey Kong Country he appeared as King K.Rool, the most common way how people see him. However, his true moveset potential comes with DKC2 (the coolest and best game of the DKC trioligy!) where he appears as Kaptain K.Rool, and fights with a huge blunderbuss which is able to shoot cannonballs, different sort of gasses and has a sucking ability and invisibility, that and he wears awesome pirate gear. In DKC3 K.Rool is known as Baron K.Rulenstein, who has a jetpack for a possibly Up B, and a huge robot CHAOS controlled by DK and Diddy's brains for a possible Final Smash. That, and he appeared as a boxer in DK64 which would give him quite some wacky tilts and Smash moves perhaps. It's unfortunate that DK Jungle Climber isn't released here in Europe yet, but from what I've heard K.Rool will also fight differently there.

And if StarFox is getting 4 reps, why does the more famous and better selling Donkey Kong just get 2 characters? Somehow I don't think that's fair, but hey I've atleast got my Diddy so I'm happy. =)
I like how you think good sir.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
DDK Luke won't listen to you, he doesn't listen to anyone's opinions but his own as you may have noticed according to him his opinion is absoloute fact.

Top Bottom