• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My views on what the Brawl roster should be.

Zevox

Smash Lord
SHEIK IS A GUY. PLAY LOZ: OOT.
I did. In it, I learned that Sheik is Zelda in disguise. As Zelda is a woman, that makes Sheik a woman. Even if the disguise is meant to make her look like a man, it doesn't change her actual, physical sex.

Zevox

Florida

イーグランツ
Wow, this list just keeps on getting better and better!
Bomberman is first third-party character that I want a PC appearance for (excluding Snake, of course-- and yes, including Sonic).

Machrider is a "meh" choice, but I would live with it if he ended up making the cut.

Ray 01, one of the top characters who I want for Brawl; right next to Mew and Demiru!

And lastly, Olimar. It wouldn't be a list without him.
Can't wait to see more! Keep it up!
(how many characters are you expecting for the roster, by the way?)

Edit:
Guys, Sheik is an "it".

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
In all honesty, do you really think that? Ike is shown to be a very heavy character that represents the FE series currently, kinda like what Roy did. It seems like he's basically Roy done right, even has quite a backstory to back him up. Marth is the first FE lord, and has a very huge place in the series, although I can imagine Sakurai replacing him for Sigurd and having Marth's moveset (with some changes), but I'm not too sure, we'll just have to see.

Oh, and I added a new Bowser Jr. render, the one from Super Mario Galaxy.

Marth=swordsmen with blue hair
Ike-Swordsmen with blue hair
Marth- Japan only until Melee
Ike- USA and Japan

If there is one "only-in-japan character" it's gonna be the samurai Takamaru

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Marth=swordsmen with blue hair
Ike-Swordsmen with blue hair
Marth- Japan only until Melee
Ike- USA and Japan

If there is one "only-in-japan character" it's gonna be the samurai Takamaru
How is Marth a Japanese only character when we have Melee...I distinctly remember him in Melee...

FE 1&3 were Japnese only, but Marth isn't

BoG

Smash Journeyman
Dixie Kong, Bomberman, and Bowser Jr.?
Sorry, but while your opinion is welcome, it is wrong.

Florida

イーグランツ
Dixie Kong, Bomberman, and Bowser Jr.?
Sorry, but while your opinion is welcome, it is wrong.
As long as one has a theory with backing up evidence, it isn't necessarily wrong.
(zomg, I learned that in science today!1)

The Mario Franchise will most likely add one more representative-- not including Wario. That representative is most likely going to be either Bowser. Jr / Shadow Mario, or Waluigi. Sorry, but it's most likely going to happen. Hopefully it'll turn out to be Bowser Jr., which is an O.K. suggestion compared to others (... such as Waluigi).

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Okay, so I update the list, adding Megaman and AC Human, and getting rid of Dixie Kong, Bowser Jr., and Micaiah, which I will probably get a lot of hate for but oh well.

But yeah, pretty much, I'm done with the newcomer roster for now. Those are the characters I expect from Brawl. It's a plausible roster, nothing too much but yet it captures the most needed and elite, I'll do a runner-up or "character that has potential but rather have him/her for the sequel to Brawl" list sometime, which will probably include the likes of: Jill, Son Gokuu (from Yu Yu Ki), the Red Exclamation Warrior, Demille, Harry, Isaac, etc.

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
OMG exactly what I was thinking. Also Luke, hurry up and update! I love the way you're running this list. Very good.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Waluigi fanboy, I just wouldn't MIND Waluigi, but I think he's gonna get in.

All I ever hear is "Geno this" and "Geno that", it just DRIVES me insane. Sure, there's reasons for him, but too many reasons against. I suppose you could say the same for Waluigi, and I agree, but he's still more likely than Geno.

I did. In it, I learned that Sheik is Zelda in disguise. As Zelda is a woman, that makes Sheik a woman. Even if the disguise is meant to make her look like a man, it doesn't change her actual, physical sex.

Zevox
Good point.
Okay, fine. Sheik is a crossdressing female...? :laugh:

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
All I ever hear is "Geno this" and "Geno that", it just DRIVES me insane. Sure, there's reasons for him, but too many reasons against. I suppose you could say the same for Waluigi, and I agree, but he's still more likely than Geno.
There's honestly not very reasons to be against him, and what are you talking about him not being likely when he's right on top of Sakurai's poll?

Black/Light

Smash Master
There's honestly not very reasons to be against him, and what are you talking about him not being likely when he's right on top of Sakurai's poll?
He is a pretty much unknown side/ side kick character from one Mario game from 10 years ago and is also owned by S-E making him a 3rd party character.

That my reason's for saying he is "unlikely IMO". And all that poll shows is that Sakurai commented about him when 4 Japanese people suggested him.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
He is a pretty much unknown side/ side kick character from one Mario game from 10 years ago and is also owned by S-E making him a 3rd party character.
Wait, unknown? So that's why hundreds of Smash fans want him in? And him being "unknown" makes him somehow not possible?

Say wha'...?

Black/Light

Smash Master
Wait, unknown? So that's why hundreds of Smash fans want him in? And him being "unknown" makes him somehow not possible?

Say wha'...?
ONE, I never said he wasn't "Possible" so please, don't put words in my mouth homs.:ohwell:

2, IC may not be well known but they are the stars of a retro series and are fully owned by nintendo...they are not side characters made by (and owned by) a 3rd party for one game in a series with a 1000+ games to it's name.

3, When I say "pretty much unknown" I mean "if you had never played this one Mario game from 10 years ago than you wouldn't know wth it is". IDK one person who has heard of him...

4, Is this the best S-E character for brawl? I don't feel like he is. . .do you?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
ONE, I never said he wasn't "Possible" so please, don't put words in my mouth homs.:ohwell:

2, IC may not be well known but they are the stars of a retro series and are fully owned by nintendo...they are not side characters made by (and owned by) a 3rd party for one game in a series with a 1000+ games to it's name.

3, When I say "pretty much unknown" I mean "if you had never played this one Mario game from 10 years ago than you wouldn't know wth it is". IDK one person who has heard of him...

4, Is this the best S-E character for brawl? I don't feel like he is. . .do you?

2) No one knew who the hell the Ice Climbers were until Melee, and Geno is not a side character...I don't know where you got your definition of that word.

3) If you haven't played any of the old school Mario games, your not much of a nintendo fan, now are you...Super Mario Bros 3, came out in 1986...one of the best games to THIS date, especially with some of the **** people except these days. Super Mario RPG, one of the best games of the Super Nintendo...Hell, there hasn't been that many Mario games, unless your including the sports game crap...which I don't.

4) Yes, I do, for Brawl...He is

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Geno wasn't a side-character in Super Mario RPG, he was part of the party and pretty much one of the main characters in the game right next to Mario, and had a lot of character and personality, serving as the "knowledgeable sage"-type of character.
IDK one person who has heard of him...
Well, you're obviously blind as there's a sh-tload of people all over the world who want him in.
Yes, I would truly prefer the original Geno over a generic FE character or a terrible FE character like Cloud or Sora (KH character, but close enough). That, and he's a Mario character, despite third-party, so I'd say he'd have the highest chance to be in. Hell, I wouldn't doubt if Sakurai didn't even count him as third party, since he's pretty much already a Mario character.

Black/Light

Smash Master
2) No one knew who the hell the Ice Climbers were until Melee, and Geno is not a side character...I don't know where you got your definition of that word.

3) If you haven't played any of the old school Mario games, your not much of a nintendo fan, now are you...Super Mario Bros 3, came out in 1986...one of the best games to THIS date, especially with some of the **** people except these days. Super Mario RPG, one of the best games of the Super Nintendo...Hell, there hasn't been that many Mario games, unless your including the sports game crap...which I don't.

4) Yes, I do, for Brawl...He is
2,http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=81891&highlight=melee+poll+1999 People wanted IC for the game. . .
And was he the first character you play as? Was his name in the title? Side/Side kick is what I see him as seeing as Mario was the main character. .

3. OMGOMGOMGGGGG?!?! Im not much of a "Nintendo fan" because I didn't play one mario game from 10 years ago?!?!?! Wow. . . woww....didn't know my entire Nintendo fandom depends on one game from one series:ohwell:

You remind me of the Lucario Fan-Boys. Relax and look at this. . . http://youtube.com/watch?v=pdi48oUdZP0 (******** but funny)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
2,http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=81891&highlight=melee+poll+1999 People wanted IC for the game. . .
And was he the first character you play as? Was his name in the title? Side/Side kick is what I see him as seeing as Mario was the main character. .

3. OMGOMGOMGGGGG?!?! Im not much of a "Nintendo fan" because I didn't play one mario game from 10 years ago?!?!?! Wow. . . woww....didn't know my entire Nintendo fandom depends on one game from one series:ohwell:

You remind me of the Lucario Fan-Boys. Relax and look at this. . . http://youtube.com/watch?v=pdi48oUdZP0 (******** but funny)
You didn't read anything I actually wrote did you?

Better than being an obsessed hater...which you seem to be

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
How can you honestly judge when you never played the game? Seriously, until you played every bit of Super Mario RPG and have a developed opinion about it, shut the f-ck up, literally. Because you really don't know sh-t about the character unless you had first-hand experience with it. You have no right to bash him when you haven't even played the game he was in.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Yeah I guess Zelda is the Main character in the Legend of Zelda series; seeing as her name is in the title, and Link is just a side-kick:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

-Knight

Black/Light

Smash Master
You didn't read anything I actually wrote did you?

Better than being an obsessed hater...which you seem to be
Yea, I read your post. . .You said no one know who the IC where and that Geno is a "main character" than when into "the best of" games for the Mario series after saying Im not much of a "Nintendo fan":ohwell:.

Yeah I guess Zelda is the Main character in the Legend of Zelda series; seeing as her name is in the title, and Link is just a side-kick
Im sorry if you got confussed, I mean't that as a "and or" thing. Of course Link is the main character. . . even if his name aint in the title he is "the first character you control" and the ,ain charcater of the series. . .

How can you honestly judge when you never played the game? Seriously, until you played every bit of Super Mario RPG and have a developed opinion about it, shut the f-ck up, literally. Because you really don't know sh-t about the character unless you had first-hand experience with it. You have no right to bash him when you haven't even played the game he was in.
. . . Lissen, will YOU PLEASE STFU for a moment? When did I bash the d@mn thing? When did I say the **** thing can't get in? When did I say ANYTHING about Geno as a character that puts him in a false/ bad light in which I would have to have played MRPG to know? Do I have to play every game to work up my opinion about a character and if I do or do not THINK it stands a high or low chance? I played Diddy Kong a grand totle of 5 mins back in the 1990s...and I still saw him coming from a mile away (and he is actually a character I dissliked). Never played as Ike but always thought he would get in because of what I knew of him. Never even touched a Wario game but saw that coming for along time. WHY did I think they would get in? Cause I looked at them, did research and saw good reason for them.

It's MY godd-mn opinion that a 3rd party character from one Mario game 10 years ago made by S-E "isn't Likely". Never said he couldn't get in, NEVER said he wouldn't get in, NEEEVERR said anything about the **** thing that I would have had to play his game to know.
Never said anything that wasn't true about it's stance as a character in the Mario world. It WAS in one game (camoed in one other game), it WASN'T the first character you play as (Mario was), it IS owned by S-E and is 3rd party and we are NOT gettin many 3rd party characters.

There. Argee, dissargee, cry to the great powerful magical thing that was inside the Geno doll in that one game. I said what I had to say and find it very odd that you and w/e his name is take so much personal offence to my thoughts on the likely hood of a character based souly on what I know about it's ownership/ appearance in games and importance to the series it was in.

And you all should chill out:ohwell:
Count to 4. . .
http://youtube.com/watch?v=d3vIv1EwO5A

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yea, I read your post. . .You said no one know who the IC where and that Geno is a "main character" than when into "the best of" games for the Mario series after saying Im not much of a "Nintendo fan":ohwell:.

Im sorry if you got confussed, I mean't that as a "and or" thing. Of course Link is the main character. . . even if his name aint in the title he is "the first character you control" and the ,ain charcater of the series. . .

. . . Lissen, will YOU PLEASE STFU for a moment? When did I bash the d@mn thing? When did I say the **** thing can't get in? When did I say ANYTHING about Geno as a character that puts him in a false/ bad light in which I would have to have played MRPG to know? Do I have to play every game to work up my opinion about a character and if I do or do not THINK it stands a high or low chance? I played Diddy Kong a grand totle of 5 mins back in the 1990s...and I still saw him coming from a mile away (and he is actually a character I dissliked). Never played as Ike but always thought he would get in because of what I knew of him. Never even touched a Wario game but saw that coming for along time. WHY did I think they would get in? Cause I looked at them and saw good reason for them.

It's MY godd-mn opinion that a 3rd party character from one Mario game 10 years ago made by S-E "isn't Likely". Never said he couldn't get in, NEVER said he wouldn't get in, NEEEVERR said anything about the **** thing that I would have had to play his game to know.
Never said anything that wasn't true about it's stance as a character in the Mario world. It WAS in one game (camoed in one other game), it WASN'T the first character you play as (Mario was), it IS owned by S-E and is 3rd party and we are NOT gettin many 3rd party characters.

There. Argee, dissargee, cry to the great powerful magical thing that was inside the Geno doll in that one game. I said what I had to say and find it very odd that you and w/e his name is take so much personal offence to my thoughts on the likely hood of a character based souly on what I know about it's ownership/ appearance in games and importance to the series it was in.

And you all should chill out:ohwell:
Count to 4. . .
http://youtube.com/watch?v=d3vIv1EwO5A
Firest of all, you seem to be the only one freakin' out...

and what your basically saying is that since he is 3rd party YOU think other character deserve a spot more than him...and that's your ONLY point...maybe you don't like him, but you don't have a real opinion on that because you have never played the game. And yes, it is your fault you never played the game, maybe you didn't grow up with the game...who knows. We did, and we like the character. BTW, YOU and No one else knows the likelyhood of ANY character

If he gets in, cool...If not...still buying the game. Now stop bringing it up because your not proving anything. ****, why even bring it up, that's obsessive hatred. If you didn't care for the character you wouldn't bring it up, but you seem to HATE a character you don't even know.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
. . . Lissen, will YOU PLEASE STFU for a moment?
No.
When did I bash the d@mn thing? When did I say the **** thing can't get in? When did I say ANYTHING about Geno as a character that puts him in a false/ bad light in which I would have to have played MRPG to know?
You said he had a lower chance than Waluigi, that's why.
Do I have to play every game to work up my opinion about a character and if I do or do not THINK it stands a high or low chance?
Yes, yes you do.
I played Diddy Kong a grand totle of 5 mins back in the 1990s...and I still saw him coming from a mile away (and he is actually a character I dissliked). Never played as Ike but always thought he would get in because of what I knew of him. Never even touched a Wario game but saw that coming for along time. WHY did I think they would get in? Cause I looked at them and saw good reason for them.
Yeah, but it helps a lot to actually know the character you're supporting or hating, you'd just be ignorant otherwise. First-hand experience and thinking about the character's potential and possibility really helps a lot when it comes to judging a character, because otherwise it would just be, "Geno deserves to be in/out just because I said so!"
Yes, actually, you did. You said Waluigi has more of a chance than him, which proves your lack of knowledge about Geno's place and popularity.
Your point? What does that have to do with anything? That isn't anything actually plausible against him. A bunch of characters starred in just one game, and a lot of characters in Brawl will most likely be side characters (although Geno was more of a main character if anything, and played a huge role of importance in the game and the overall Mario universe). And how do you know he won't be one of the third party reps? He's one of the most requested characters ever, high up in the ranks, even where Diddy was, who is confirmed. He has a VERY high chance to be a character, counting as a third party rep or not, in Brawl, you cannot state otherwise or even try to downsize his popularity under Waluigi's chance in Brawl as playable, doing so makes you an idiot.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Firest of all, you seem to be the only one freakin' out...
. . .He is the one the busted out cussen and telling me to STFU first homs:ohwell:.

and what your basically saying is that since he is 3rd party YOU think other character deserve a spot more than him...and that's your ONLY point...maybe you don't like him, but you don't have a real opinion on that because you have never played the game.
Actually, thats not my "only point" homs but I guess you skipped that. And I don't have to have played a game to come up with a opinion on somethings likely hood on coming into brawl.

And yes, it is your fault you never played the game, maybe you didn't grow up with the game...who knows. We did, and we like the character. BTW, YOU and No one else knows the likelyhood of ANY character
My fault? Never thought I had to have play that one game. And I wish you would ready closely, THATS MY POINT. Never said that my thoughts are the law or that I know the likely hood of w/e, just that I personaly THINK he aint likey.

If he gets in, cool...If not...still buying the game.
Good for you. . . want a cookie and a juice?

****, why even bring it up, that's obsessive hatred.
I didn't bring anything up, I gave my opinions on a statment he said to someone who doesn't think Geno is "likely". And please, stop saying I "hate" this made up thing. . .

thejbr12

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I don't really see this set of conversation going anywhere... Why don't you save all this for a thread specifically about Geno?

On a different note, who else do you think will be a boss? My money's on Dark Samus and, if not, some other Metroid badguy (Kraid?).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, the background isn't the problem, it's just that his tail is pretty much cut off in that pic. Even in the official art his tail his cut off, seriously.

This one is small though...I use to have a bigger one on my old computer

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
The only parts of this list I actively dislike now are Marth and Megaman, but I have an irrational hatred of both, so whatever. :psycho:
Include some runner-ups, dammit!

thejbr12

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, I believe it likely that Kraid will make an appearance as a boss (especially if Ridley is a playable character). The question is, how many bosses will there be? One from each playable character's franchise? 10 random ones? I could see a Mario boss (Petey, obviously), a Metroid boss (Kraid), a Starfox boss (some powerful form of Andross), a pokemon boss (Giovanni? I think they'd have to make it some kind of you-versus-4-evil-pokemon type thing), a Kirby boss (maybe Metaknight before you unlock him, though he isn't really supposed to be a badguy right?), etc. and so on. I'm hoping for a looong storyline here, the details don't matter much, especially if it's all connected by wordless cut-scenes.

Disclaimer: I make no claims either way as to whether or not Metaknight is a starter or unlockable.

thejbr12

Smash Apprentice
The only parts of this list I actively dislike now are Marth and Megaman, but I have an irrational hatred of both, so whatever. :psycho:
Include some runner-ups, dammit!
Lol, I love how you said "irrational" hatred. Some people have that and refuse to admit it, haha. I think Megaman would fit in okay because he is kinda like a combination of Kirby and Samus (by that I mean he can absorb powers like Kirby and blasts like Samus). Plus his fighting style is just like Smash. I'm not really a supporter, if it's gonna be a third-party I'd rather Sonic and Rayman, in that order, but if Megaman got in I wouldn't be disappointed. As for Marth, I don't really see a "good" reason to take him out. Taking out characters shouldn't become commonplace.

Top Bottom