• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Sonic Goal

Roymyboy284

Smash Journeyman
I'm out to prove that Sonic is a great character. I'm going to train myself to beat 3 characters (selected by you) on level 9, on a stage selected by you, with smash balls on med. After I do it, I'll make a replay, post it on youtube, and post the link here. OK, start posting!

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Hate to burst your bubble.....but that's not much of an achievment. Even with Sonic. and Smash Balls are gay. No one uses them. So you're not really gonna prove much.

LuCKy

Smash Master
I'm out to prove that Sonic is a great character. I'm going to train myself to beat 3 characters (selected by you) on level 9, on a stage selected by you, with smash balls on med. After I do it, I'll make a replay, post it on youtube, and post the link here. OK, start posting!
watch my vids instead,it will be easier :]

click my sig* lol

3xSwords

Smash Lord
if the sonic forums are wtill filled with these types of ppl
then even the ike forums do not look as bad now
well we still get a gay thread once in awhile
lolz at this guy
btw lucky you r a beast with sonic forget these other noobs

Roymyboy284

Smash Journeyman
Well, smart ***es, what do YOU think would be an acheivement? No smash balls, and beat it with every character on level 9? You tell me, Amazing Daves, cause this is the best I can do!

Umby

Smash Master
Well, smart ***es, what do YOU think would be an acheivement? No smash balls, and beat it with every character on level 9? You tell me, Amazing Daves, cause this is the best I can do!
I think applying a razor to the wrist might be an achievement. :o

Seriously, people will say Sonic sucks. Sonic mains will say Sonic sucks. There's no avoiding the fact that he's at a disadvantage to most other characters due to his own shortcomings.

However, people have overcome Sonic's steep learning curve to bring a solid game to do well against other characters, and have done well in sets and tournaments. (aka, do what Lucky says and look at his vids).

You have nothing to prove. All that needs to be proved has been proven. In any case, going head to head with lvl 9 CPUs wouldn't proven anything, seeing as anyone decent is able to consistently beat lvl 9 CPUs with their characters. Having Smash Balls on at the same time would just make you look ******** in your mission, as Smash Balls are not factored into any character's competitive potential.

And not to pole jock, but I'd like to state again that you should look at Lucky's vids.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
The best and really the only way to make a statement like this is to attend tourneys.
Practice. Get good. Make a name for yourself in the competitve world.

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
Wow we share a goal too bad you want to do it against computers. I plan on going out there and actually proving it to real people. Sonic does have a disadvantage against almost everybody but I don't think he necessesarilly "sucks". I'll prove it in a tournament. I know of tournaments where sonic has taken second so it's not impossible... just need to be really good and play really smart.

sonic boy

Smash Apprentice
there is nothing to be proven like teh umby said ''All that needs to be proved has been proven'' i think i along with many other sonic mainers already know even though sonic might not be the ''best'' character in fact a type of dissapointment...we love him i speaking as a speed freak can say that sonic is my favorite character..so ummm....dont embarrass yourself lol even though i know you ment no harm you were just trying to support your favorite character and i respect that but its best to just let it go

sblkbrn

Smash Cadet
watch what the other player does and learn his game... thats how you win tournaments.... Sonic is good, but no one is good if you dont play smart. My goal for you if you want to play against level nines is a 3 stock no item goal.... do it against characters who dont get knocked off easily.... but still are fast enough to be good against sonice....

This is what you should do if you are playing level 9's (which are much easier and predictable than human players):

Level 9
3 Stock
NO items
7 Minute time limit
You Are Sonic
Your 3 opponents are
-META KNIGHT (Speedy and longer range attacks)
-SONIC (Same character, see if you are better than a level nine sonic first)
-PIKACHU (Nice play and confortable play with sonic... good practice before your meta knight match but less intensity for sure.)

FINAL DESTINATION... no bogus courses that you could get lucky kills... make it pure skill to test yourself.

EDIT: Noticed you were playing a FFA and doing it. I did that yesterday with 4 KO's against PIKACHU, IKE, and MARTH. Just do what sonic does best, get your attacks in and dont stand back. Prove you are good by racking up damage I believe i gave about 420ish and took about 150ish... it was something like that .... would show replays but dont know how to put them on pc, if you tell me how i could post a few, let me know
thanks.

Roymyboy284

Smash Journeyman
watch what the other player does and learn his game... thats how you win tournaments.... Sonic is good, but no one is good if you dont play smart. My goal for you if you want to play against level nines is a 3 stock no item goal.... do it against characters who dont get knocked off easily.... but still are fast enough to be good against sonice....

This is what you should do if you are playing level 9's (which are much easier and predictable than human players):

Level 9
3 Stock
NO items
7 Minute time limit
You Are Sonic
Your 3 opponents are
-META KNIGHT (Speedy and longer range attacks)
-SONIC (Same character, see if you are better than a level nine sonic first)
-PIKACHU (Nice play and confortable play with sonic... good practice before your meta knight match but less intensity for sure.)

FINAL DESTINATION... no bogus courses that you could get lucky kills... make it pure skill to test yourself.

EDIT: Noticed you were playing a FFA and doing it. I did that yesterday with 4 KO's against PIKACHU, IKE, and MARTH. Just do what sonic does best, get your attacks in and dont stand back. Prove you are good by racking up damage I believe i gave about 420ish and took about 150ish... it was something like that .... would show replays but dont know how to put them on pc, if you tell me how i could post a few, let me know
thanks.
Thanks! At least SOMEONE is giving me ideas!

Tenki

Smash Hero
This is going to look superofftopic but anyway...
I posted this in the Ganondorf forums, but a while ago, I wanted to try to pick up Lucario, since at the time, everyone said he sucked. A guy suggested this on a different site: to practice in stamina mode against a computer higher level than what you can handle (err, best case, lvl 9), and try your best to beat it- no items.

...your HP has to be 100, and your opponent has to be 300.

In a real game, it would be a one-vs-three stock ratio, since 100% is around the amount that people take before getting KO'ed.

considering lvl 9 comps have amazing 'reflexes', it should be good practice for any character.

Hitage

Smash Cadet
lvl 9 cpu's follow a pattern to what attacks you throw at them, beating them would only take simple prediction so it really wouldn't be an accomplishment. How about you face a human instead because humans have logic that is constantly changing while fighting.

Top Bottom