• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My research on "Peach"

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I think what is not mainly talked about is what makes a Peach player really really good. Not just good alone (which also takes work.) Ihave been watching lots of Peach videos lately. I observe the most common habits Peach players do. Even Some high ranked ones and pros (but not all of them. Large amount are on point) Oh and yes, I am Part of this. Though knowing this myself I am now trying to stop these basic habbits. But can I say, it's Like a drug no?;)

here is a lil something I said while watching some videos and also crew battles:

"And man, who knew you can learn so much from watching crew battles. The Peach of today....geez. anything to Dsmash. I serious see why these Peach players cant beat characters like Fox and Marth. its always the same thing. Like why the hell would you try to dsmash after they blocked your SPACED Bair. Then get punished after. You wanna know the reason why Peach cant really Beat Marth or Fox, cause these players...........all do the same thing that is seen over and over. who the hell is not gonna catch on after all these years? same thing over and over, scare the Peach so she can ether:

-Side step to a Dsmash

- Dsmash

-Bait the dash attack.

I'm glad i saw these crew battles now. I'll be the first to rewrite the book on Peach Vs Marth and Fox. And beat thier azzes with my one way no one can match. (besides Mike G but I added my own lil tatse to it) These Peaches need more grabs. more random ness, Lots more of jabs cause it stops nearly all attacks and puts enemies dead in thier track and you can follow up fast to something small or beast and best of all, less fear against these characters that they flinch and leave themselfs open. I'm getting off this habbit myself. all in due time (the flinching Part) when I get more experience and improve more, just you watch. I'm gonna have people think Peach can do it all with no counter picks. My style is already good as it is.Now all that is left is the way I think, react, fast relexes and how I handle things"

Now You people dont have to agree with what I say here. But this is how I see it in the Peach game. Really the players that ether start her or get use to her and become good. In my Video topic where players leave videos and I look at them to give them advice. I dont only do it for the help they are asking. I also do it just to see the basic and common habbits Peach players have. and also why they struggle so much. And I learn so much for thinking of what they should have done. it helps me out alot.

Face it, When one is fight Peach, they are already worried about the Dsmash. I'm sure space animals alot. And the Peach player just want to catch them with it. And I beleive most of them think Dsmash is the answer to winning and saving thier azzes. cause the move is so fast, does mutiple hits and Covers Her front and back well. Kinda like bowsers Dsmash and Up-B But they are different so Ya.

I gave my Self the Peach challenge as I call it. And it was to play Matches with out Useing the Dsmash. And to my surprise I played much better. With out the move. Cause now that I dont have it. I am forced to think of another way to handle the problem that I am in. I played my friends Marth which is Good. I nearly beat him but I got greedy with the edge guards. I think the match was mine. One stock high damage. I Had to use lots of Jabs, Jab combos, grabs and turnips. And for the Dsmash, I replaced it with the Dtilt. That move leads to so much **** XD

Opinion and thoughts about the Peach game that is today by the average Peach players. And when I say average I mean what I just talked about.

I have a whole lot more that I discovered and learned. But I dont think I can fit it all. I typed it up. maybe I'll print it out and have a way where you guys can see it.

P.S You flame or try to start a fight with comments I go past your post no matter what you say. its a simple topic or debate if you wanna see it like that. and its all based on opinions. If you dont agree just say so and thats it.

MagiMaster

Smash Apprentice
The thing is that when someone gets good with a character, everyone copy him. I think that it is normal that most peaches have the same way of fighting. And I also think it is normal that other found a way to counter them.

It's true that people tend to abuse the downsmash, but I wonder if having a too high percent actually makes it harder to kill, like marth.

Btw doesn't chainthrow to forward throw ***** spacies?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
The thing is that when someone gets good with a character, everyone copy him. I think that it is normal that most peaches have the same way of fighting. And I also think it is normal that other found a way to counter them.

It's true that people tend to abuse the downsmash, but I wonder if having a too high percent actually makes it harder to kill like marth.

Btw doesn't chainthrow to forward throw ***** spacies?
I dont get what you mean on your second paragraph.

And Yea, the chain grab to Fthrow owns them. You can also just up throw them to an U-air or Nair.

But my thing is like, If everyone is doint the same thing wont others can on and just punished the player for it.

Like When When a Peach is getting drilled shine, he is gonna try to Dsmash. You cant beat the shine. Only thing you can do to have some hope of saving yourself is to Smash DI away.

Also the common move Jump>FC>Throw turnip>Fair. its a good combo but Its expected alot. When I see this all I do is run right under them And most likely they will Jump to throw it then Fair you. Also they dont always have to Fair. They can Just throw the turnip then drop to a grab or attack. When a Peach Jumps with a turnip what is most expected? Thats why I'm saying its should be switched up alot. Doing the same thing only gets people more use to what the character (Or Peach in this case) is gonna do and knows how to bait it so they can punish after or know what to do when the player does it.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Ya

And here is something else an an example: A talk I had with sensai :o

[14:33] Dark Pch: One Fairs to a Dsmash
[14:33] Dark Pch: Some times they nail him
[14:34] Dark Pch: and sometimes after the Fair, falcon jumps to a Dair to Knee
[14:34] Dark Pch: Now why is that?
[14:34] Dark Pch: that the results are not always the same?
[14:35] : it's quite simple actually
[14:35] : every hit has a set amoutn of shieldstun, but it really depends when and where you hit their shield
[14:35] : if you hit their shield from above and then try to float cancel, they've already recovered from the stun and thus can shieldgrab
[14:35] : and you don't get any frame advantage with fair
[14:36] : but if you were to hit with the fair and immediately afetr fc it to the ground, you'd get most frame advantage
[14:36] Dark Pch: Good
[14:36] Dark Pch: But you think Peach players take the time in an intense match to realize that?
[14:36] : nope
[14:37] : but you need to test it out
[14:37] : fairs on semi-height can be fc'ed easily to slaps and whatnot
[14:37] : bairs and nairs require a more ground level fc
[14:37] Dark Pch: Thing is...
[14:38] Dark Pch: with the Falcon example
[14:38] Dark Pch: they dont realize the reason
[14:38] Dark Pch: sometimes they hit with Dsmash
[14:38] Dark Pch: other times they dont
[14:38] : well... they're just inexperienced and not knowledgeable on things :/
[14:38] Dark Pch: so they depend on dumb luck in stead of paying more attention
[14:38] Dark Pch: I see good players do it too..........
[14:50] Dark Pch: These players expect the common from Peach
[14:50] Dark Pch: and the Peaches give it to them.

In this case The player will be using his head more and not just do an attack without thinking. Like they get scared that they will miss or something then dsmash. That move is so good, thats its a Big weakness Peach has if you get what I am saying.

I'm not saying dont use the move. But dont use it to a point where you are not even sure that it will hit and depend on luck. I know when in the game lots run throug ones head. and its hard to even see the obvious. The player could be nervous, annoyed, etc. But I think If Us Peach mains were to actully think, and use the facts of how attacks, shield stuns and spacing combined or mixed, We have a much better chance in our pain in the azz fights.

Peach has a hard time against alot of characters. So you have to use all that is possible, like what is said in this chat to really put the hurt on and win. Not just go and attack and hope it will hit.......when your enemy just jumped over you or its clearly shown that you attack was not spaced or it was spaced to a point Dsmash or anything else can hit them.

But of course there is more to it then just this. Other common facts that get us peach players owned. More on that later I suppose. I gotta look through my notes @___@

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Honestly, I don't use Dsmash alot. I only use it in tight situations (I don't play peach very often, I'm a fox player. I just watched my friend Light play *amazing Peach*, and got into the peach) I find that most of the time, turnip spamming and dair combos like before stated are the best things. Dsmash is only useful for good edgeguarding as people recover from the bottom, and when someone is crouch cancelling, otherwise you can fit in a throw or jab>grab>uthrow>usmash>dash(if at low percentage when started)>grab>dthrow>dsmash. See, alot more work for alot more precentage. It's worth it imo.

In short, I agree.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I might sound a little n00bish but why do Peach players only use one jab instead of the double jab? And yeah I agree, they do tend to use it a lot...I'm kinda glad they nerfed it in Brawl.
Because After a Jab you can Grab, Dtilt, or Dsmash. If your fast enough you can FC>Nair. You you jab twice you cant really follow up with anything else. Only maybe a dash attack. But one jab can lead to many things to follow up with.

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Dark.Pch for making such a good thread!
I've noticed that alot of Peaches play that way too, and I have got into that habit too from watching those matches. Before I started playing like them my combos seemed to be more precise and effective, pure skill and timing rather than my current almost anything>DSmash combos. I'll take your advice and play without using DSmash for awhile. Thanks alot! I think you helped me find the error in my Peach! ^ ^

CStrife187

Smash Journeyman
Dark.Pch

I just wanted to say that posts like this inspire me to work constantly on my peach vs. top-teir matchups, even though I'm still too chicken to not switch to sheik for several matchups in tournies. Thank you for forging ahead into unknown areas with peach.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Thanks Dark.Pch for making such a good thread!
I've noticed that alot of Peaches play that way too, and I have got into that habit too from watching those matches. Before I started playing like them my combos seemed to be more precise and effective, pure skill and timing rather than my current almost anything>DSmash combos. I'll take your advice and play without using DSmash for awhile. Thanks alot! I think you helped me find the error in my Peach! ^ ^

Hee hee hee. No problem

Dark.Pch

I just wanted to say that posts like this inspire me to work constantly on my peach vs. top-teir matchups, even though I'm still too chicken to not switch to sheik for several matchups in tournies. Thank you for forging ahead into unknown areas with peach.
You can freely use who you want. But yea, does not hurt to try. I was once chicken to fight them. everytime I did I would lose. But I worked at it and Now I can fight them all with Peach. Falcon was another one but I got him down packed as well. Now its all based on how I think and how smart I can play.

Glad my Post inspired you.:)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I clearly said in my first post that I wont Deal with any post like that so a fight breaks out or w/e. So no need to worry about it.

Yea, that Move is good. and it Can shield stab. And it has more range than Dsmash. So Of you space a Fair and hit thier sheild, Dtilt and it will hit. Its also good for spaceing too.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
No you cant obviously :p

Yea it does. Go to training Mode and Try a Dsmash Near the CPU and make sure your close but the Dsmash does not hit. Then in the same spot Dtilt tilt and it will hit the CPU. The Dtil Has a bigger hitbox.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Yea Its hard to pull off and very Risky. And My favorite thing to do with any Character is Dtilt to a Fair. Just hitting with that crown makes my day complete.:)

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
i was wondering you guys still thinking of melee i mean it is a great game but.....it's old:urg:
seriously guys, are you really gonna pratice all this peach goodness and study her life in melee in a few months from now?

like the dude said, its a great game an all but...meh...maybe its just me...

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
To be honest, it never really was my style to practice hard on these games. I just got better by playing. As far as knowing a bunch of stuff with how the game works and frames, I usually just learn that to explain what happens rather than actually getting better.

After all, the getting better... that only happens when two people are around, right?

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
that's how I managed to get really good aswell. I just played matches with the rest of my crew in DA until I moved to Georgia. That was when I actually had to pratice techs an what not becuse there was hardly any competition here at the time. Both ways work and work well together but Id prefer training with my crew in NY. that way has made my peach to what u guys drool at from those youtube tourney vids lol

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
As much as we enjoy Melee, it is dated and imperfect/broken. I'm really just sitting here, waiting patiently for Brawl. After that I'll do my best to practice with the people I've met in person that I know to be good. Melee Peach is doomed to always lose to Fox, Sheik, Marth, and Captain Falcon players that matter... I just don't feel the inclination to really improve at Melee except for perhaps playing Sheik, who I hate playing.

As far as Peach's Brawl Dsmash, it's still one of the better dsmashes. With the buffs to Peach's other moves, the functions of the Melee Dsmash just weren't as needed. It still eats away at shields, hits 5 times, deters people from CCing against Peach, and instantly covers both sides. The only thing I'm really worried about is the low damage per hit, which may greatly reduce its ability to clash cancel other attacks.

Also, Mike G is the chillest Peach player you'll meet. Friend list me, plz.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
SILENCE, MORTAL!

it's because of me peaches like you EVEN EXIST! If anything i should be way more arrogant just like the rest of my crew! Muhahahaha!

hey vanz, I wanna vs u wen I come back to ny to see how much you improved. you're prolly gonna beat me this time cuz im all old and retired but my peach still has some tricks under her skirt that she wants to show you.

you too dark peach.

edit: Ryoko, of couse! peach vision online baby!

Cia

das kwl
SILENCE, MORTAL!

it's because of me peaches like you EVEN EXIST! If anything i should be way more arrogant just like the rest of my crew! Muhahahaha!

hey vanz, I wanna vs u wen I come back to ny to see how much you improved. you're prolly gonna beat me this time cuz im all old and retired but my peach still has some tricks under her skirt that she wants to show you.

you too dark peach.

lolz.. I love how u assume that I've studied ur vidz. I just said I liked ur peach.. lmao

but I'd definitely love get some matches in when you come back to NY.

also, plz don't be like the rest of DA <_<

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
sure, dolla vanz lol

don't assume im being serious and we have a deal. I'm actually nice and humble =]

kirbstir

Smash Lord
All you gotta do to get better is get ***** over and over by the likes of KM-013, g-regulate, and chinesah until you can fight back.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
SILENCE, MORTAL!

you too dark peach.

hey, mike...GIVE ME MY JACKET BACK, YOU ***********************PIECE OF**********************************MOTHER**************************************************************!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom