• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My opinion about: mario is not an aggro character

JUDGE

Smash Lord
well i think you all read the thread "mario is not a aggro char" from A2
in this thread, he teached us not to play offensive with mario but to focus on his defensive options
this might be right in some cases but i think marios metagame is based on something different

playing brawl offensive is in general very dangerous due to the tiny amount of hitstun
spamming fire balls isn't a good way of playing defensive too, since its redicoulus easy to PS them
spamming smartly bair is a better option especially rising sh bairs=> fastfall away is very very hard to punish.
but still, marios defensive/camping game isn't based on spacing or projectile spamming since he gets outranged by many many chars(mk,marth,snake,D3 omg there are so much)
you can't even say he has a defense game since he can't camp nor space properly
his true playstyle is based on perfect zoning in my opinion.
tell me mario mains: how do you want to beat a mk ?
you can't space him and your FB will get PS.
the only way is to zone a mk with bair,upair, tilts pivotgrabs and FLUDD and to punish mistakes with cape,dsmash,fsmash nair upsmash etc.
and since we all know that marios zoninggame is affected by his lack of range, it's even more important do dodge or better PS the opponents attacks to get/stay inside his range.
and we all know how beast mari can be once we are in.

that is my opinion about A2s thread^^
discuss!

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I guess an opinion can be formulated on me having 4 hours of sleep and being even more tired because I was crushed in with 50 people in a tight space with 2 setups, not to mention that was nearly 4 months ago. So yes, let's say I suck.

SKidd

Smash Master
MK ***** Mario. 'nuff said
well at least it ain't chaingrab.
gotta back up dem high tiers, amirite?

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
I guess an opinion can be formulated on me having 4 hours of sleep and being even more tired because I was crushed in with 50 people in a tight space with 2 setups, not to mention that was nearly 4 months ago. So yes, let's say I suck.
Sounds like johns to me.

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
If anyone is ever on AIB chat go to freeplay and play me. I am there most of the time just send me a pm or whatever

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
Aggro or defensive. You can't do that the whole match. Up to you to know when to rush and when not to. It's MU dependant.'

I agree with the Judge on the OP. But still. You can't punish the whole 3 stocks. Maybe when the % is in your favor. But that goes for every character when you get the lead.

iMichael

Smash Lord
i placed higher than 98% of you and i considered myself a agreessive mario looool

being agreesive isn't bad though, as long as your smart about it :)
Melee?

dunno box7 said your really bad, so i guess i have to put you with the other 98% :[
lol ****

No Johns my dude

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Yeah with Mario's defensive tools mostly being his greatest assets (Sides from that sexy Fsmash, what a brilliant move) I'd call him more defensive.

In contrast, Luigi is more offensive, but with worse defense.

Funny, seeing as how in the games Mario is stronger and Luigi is more defense orientated...

Calebyte

Smash Lord
dunno box7 said your really bad, so i guess i have to put you with the other 98% :[
Funny, Bo also had this to say:

BoTastic! said:
Too bad I just can't tolerate with Mario anymore though. I'm just gonna agree that Xero could be best Mw mario now. Im just gonna shoot for Rob. I might already be there tho, haha....Every time I used mario in friendlies at that tourney I lost, lol. A2z is right, I'm not as good as I used to be with him. Xero placed 5th going all Mario. I wish I could still do that, haha. I don't even use mario in bracket anymore. I just can't do it anymore. But godspeed to Xero for repping Mario.
Reference
Reference

vato_break

Smash Master
bo4kt (10:41:20 PM): Im probably still best in midwest and doesn't even use mario in tourney lool
bo4kt (10:41:29 PM): did you ever see my MM with xero from november?
vatobreakk (10:41:36 PM): lmao
vatobreakk (10:41:40 PM): thats all i have to say

Top Bottom