• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My new Cf vids

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Oh god, what the shi?

Only thing I'll really say is not to try to dair through Marth's up-b recovery. Way too much priority and much too fast on the activation of it's hitbox (it starts before he even swings up his sword! God).

Yeah, wi-fi totally makes certain things just not work, like accurate jabs. However, I fear wifi's ruinous effects reaches further then just online matches.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Oh god, what the shi?

Only thing I'll really say is not to try to dair through Marth's up-b recovery. Way too much priority and much too fast on the activation of it's hitbox (it starts before he even swings up his sword! God).

Yeah, wi-fi totally makes certain things just not work, like accurate jabs. However, I fear wifi's ruinous effects reaches further then just online matches.
hea i sadly hardly ever play wifi with falcon so i was alredy at a disadvantege.

NO JOHNS :pikachu:

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Honestly, I'm a lot worse on Wi-Fi too. It's the same for everyone imo. I'd love to play everyone in the world in person but sadly it's not realistic. :(

As for my stage picks, I don't think they really affected the matches. At Pirate Ship yeah you did get killed by the ship but my tactic of knocking you off the front since you were shielding was intentional. I usually try that at that stage and luckily for me it worked. You still won the match though. Similarly at Port Town, I had a big lead on you (I had like 70% and two stocks and you had like 20% and 1 stock) and then the cars came and killed me. I still won the match though. So really the stages didn't influence our matches at all imo. I mean I can understand if you say you don't play well at those stages because of personal mojo or whatever, but in reality they didn't have any game-changing influence or anything.

As for my overall thoughts on all of our matches, you exceeded my expectations to be honest. I actually saw a ground game come from you which was great to see as a fan of Falcon players. I like to see people succeed, and honestly your ground game was pretty good when we played. Once again though, your predictable jump jump FF aerial tactic really hurt your chances of winning. That and your constant edgehopped aerials. I would estimate that I probably got 5 kills and 10 or so good hits on you just because I knew you were going to edgehop the Knee or something. Then I'd get a free Fsmash or Dsmash on you which is never a good thing, especially when you're on the outskirts of a stage. Like I said, I got a good number of kills just from that. And even if they didn't kill, I had great edgeguarding opportunities as a followup.

So yeah overall I was impressed. Your wins at Pirate Ship and Battlefield (I think it was Battlefield) were impressive. Overall most of the matches were close and competitive. Had you played against me like you did in your second video though, they wouldn't have been close. If you work on your aerial and edgehop stuff, you'll be a really good Falcon, because you can do the rest of it well like stringing, edgeguarding, and "mindgaming".

Oh one last thing. There was one match between us at Battlefield where you decided to spam Falcon Kick. And IT WORKED! Seriously I couldn't get out of it until after you hit me like 4 times. A lot of it was because you predicted my actions well, but the other part of it is that Falcon Kick is just a good move on the whole. So yeah keep using it, it works! Same goes for AAA combo. I was able to do the little Fsmash trick (DI out of the Fists of Fury then Fsmash before the opposing Falcon can stop Furiously Fisting) I picked up from someone else I've played because you held it a bit too long, so be careful. Part of it is Wi-Fi, I know. I have the same problem when I AAA combo on Wi-Fi. But yeah AAA combo worked well wouldn't you say?

I look forward to playing you more in the future.

Edit: Thanks for the proper effected/affected, BT.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Honestly, I'm a lot worse on Wi-Fi too. It's the same for everyone imo. I'd love to play everyone in the world in person but sadly it's not realistic. :(

As for my stage picks, I don't think they really effected the matches. At Pirate Ship yeah you did get killed by the ship but my tactic of knocking you off the front since you were shielding was intentional. I usually try that at that stage and luckily for me it worked. You still won the match though. Similarly at Port Town, I had a big lead on you (I had like 70% and two stocks and you had like 20% and 1 stock) and then the cars came and killed me. I still won the match though. So really the stages didn't influence our matches at all imo. I mean I can understand if you say you don't play well at those stages because of personal mojo or whatever, but in reality they didn't have any game-changing influence or anything.

As for my overall thoughts on all of our matches, you exceeded my expectations to be honest. I actually saw a ground game come from you which was great to see as a fan of Falcon players. I like to see people succeed, and honestly your ground game was pretty good when we played. Once again though, your predictable jump jump FF aerial tactic really hurt your chances of winning. That and your constant edgehopped aerials. I would estimate that I probably got 5 kills and 10 or so good hits on you just because I knew you were going to edgehop the Knee or something. Then I'd get a free Fsmash or Dsmash on you which is never a good thing, especially when you're on the outskirts of a stage. Like I said, I got a good number of kills just from that. And even if they didn't kill, I had great edgeguarding opportunities as a followup.

So yeah overall I was impressed. Your wins at Pirate Ship and Battlefield (I think it was Battlefield) were impressive. Overall most of the matches were close and competitive. Had you played against me like you did in your second video though, they wouldn't have been close. If you work on your aerial and edgehop stuff, you'll be a really good Falcon, because you can do the rest of it well like stringing, edgeguarding, and "mindgaming".

Oh one last thing. There was one match between us at Battlefield where you decided to spam Falcon Kick. And IT WORKED! Seriously I couldn't get out of it until after you hit me like 4 times. A lot of it was because you predicted my actions well, but the other part of it is that Falcon Kick is just a good move on the whole. So yeah keep using it, it works! Same goes for AAA combo. I was able to do the little Fsmash trick (DI out of the Fists of Fury then Fsmash before the opposing Falcon can stop Furiously Fisting) I picked up from someone else I've played because you held it a bit too long, so be careful. Part of it is Wi-Fi, I know. I have the same problem when I AAA combo on Wi-Fi. But yeah AAA combo worked well wouldn't you say?

I look forward to playing you more in the future.

alot of the stuff i was doen was not on purpos. i didnt really try on the last game we played because i never play on that stage. and i cant mind game anyone using my falcon online to be honest thats like my 3rd time using falcon on wifi. when i play ill most likely gonna use kirby or MK. mind gaming online with falcon dont exist in my style they delay was almost about 1 sec.

i might be ready 4 you in the future i just wish i knew how to update & lock my router

(sorry for my runon sentences)

Reaver197

Smash Lord
lol, I was just talking with Banana Trooper about the wifi thing, and the more I think about it, the more I think it explains.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
lol, I was just talking with Banana Trooper about the wifi thing, and the more I think about it, the more I think it explains.
It's honestly a double negative.

We get online but it's bad (neg #1).

So instead of fixing it, they break the game (neg #2).

So now we have bad online and a bad game (guh!)

Reaver197

Smash Lord
I think it was also all driven by Nintendo's pressure on them for their game to be their online debut and standard. They accommodated the game to the pressures of playing online.

Also, I present to you a revealing paragraph from Melee's wikipedia page.

Reviewers have welcomed the simplistic controls, but its "hyper-responsiveness", with the characters easily dashing and precise movements being difficult to perform, was expressed as a serious flaw of the game by GameSpot
With a milder criticism of controls, Bryn Williams of GameSpy commented that "movement and navigation seems slightly too sensitive". The basis of Melee's gameplay system is the battles between Nintendo characters, which has been suggested as being overly hectic; N-Europe questioned whether the gameplay is "too Frantic?", even though they enjoyed the variety of modes on offer.

Similarly, Nintendo Spin's Clark Nielsen stated that "Melee was too fast for its own good", and "skill was more about just being able to wrap your head around what was happening as opposed to really getting into the combat". In regards to the pace of the game, Edge commented that it even made gameplay features such as "blocking" redundant, as the player is not given enough time to react to an attack.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
I don't get it. You can play Melee fast or slow depending on your ability level. I've never heard of people who could actually play well at a fast pace complain about how it took away from the game.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Whatever is to be said of the reviewers, Sakurai definitely listened to their criticisms.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
From a financial standpoint, he certainly did the right re-tooling to bring in the most money. Every casual Smash player I know says that Brawl is the best thing ever (and that Ike and Sonic are beasts). Of course these same people think that Falcon is "unfair" because they can't beat me when I play as him, but that just goes to show how casual they are. lol

Seriously though, only when I come here do I ever see Brawl-hate. Otherwise everyone loves it. It's sad for competitive players like the many here, but overall Sakurai surely feels satisfied with the direction the series has moved in.

Hopefully SSB4 will have the best of both worlds. Maybe there will be "Brawl Mode" and "Melee Mode". lol That would be rich. We can only hope.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Also, most developers' pays or bonuses are dependent upon on how well reviewed their game is.

Maybe they will make the next one more technical. I believe now that they did at first intend for Brawl to be somewhat more technical than it is now but the "criticisms" of Melee, and the need to accommodate and make online play shine made them get rid of it.

Lawl, plus, apologies for derailing this thread onto a completely different subject.

Revolutionary1804

Smash Apprentice
lol artie made so many excuses... you got beat man up! on another note key does pick some wild *** stages like pirate ship (he won) and port city (i won). i had never played on either but w.e always nice to experience new things.

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
hi guys iam the marth.

I spamed dairs really for no reason and i didnt Ub as much as i should.(other then that i play kinda the same)

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
lol artie made so many excuses... you got beat man up! on another note key does pick some wild *** stages like pirate ship (he won) and port city (i won). i had never played on either but w.e always nice to experience new things.
im sorry to say but i'd never admit im the better/worse than some one if its wifi with a like 1 second button delay and if you can admit to that you need to stop playing wifi. ill admit he did beat me a good amount of times b4 i beat him once in a ditto but wifi + C.F. =lose. (4 me that is)

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
Hey jin, good stuff. I liked your marth.

im sorry to say but i'd never admit im the better/worse than some one if its wifi with a like 1 second button delay and if you can admit to that you need to stop playing wifi. ill admit he did beat me a good amount of times b4 i beat him once in a ditto but wifi + C.F. =lose. (4 me that is)
Lag isn't exclusive to you. Everyone is adversely affected by it, including your opponent. No one said Key was better than you, but you seem to be under the impression that you need to defend yourself. From what I've heard, Key won pretty convincingly, so stop with the negativity. We aren't brain dead, we are fully aware of wifi's problems.

I don't think you've even said GGs.

:urg:

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Ummm... what? I had the same exact button delay as you. And I won every match except two out of our like 10+ Falcon dittos. Also, if Wi-Fi + Falcon = lose, then why did I BARELY lose to your Kirby who happens to be one of Falcon's bad matchups? When you beat me with Kirby we both had over 150% on the last stock. That doesn't seem like Falcon = lose to me. Also, when we were both Falcon I don't remember ever tying you, so obviously some Falcons = lose more than others.

Iwan

Smash Ace
someone's johning.

his name must be john.
johnsasaurus.
johnnyMcjohnjohn.

lol...on topic (er...on the off topic topic this thread has gone into to...)

I think everyone here is worse on wifi....i'd even go as far as to say we're all WAY WORSE on wifi.

Airdodging doesn't work the way it should.
your second jump happens about 5 seconds later.
really, it sucks.

but this is something we all know.

I got *** ***** by banana trooper when i played him online.
like...real bad.

And i like to think im better than how i played against him.
But fact is...i got *****. lol.

I said GG's, moved on, have gotten better....losing isn't a big deal, especially losing to repected falcon players like banana or key. Losing is okay lol...the only time losing isn't okay is if you're Ken, PC, M2K, etc...im sure they'd be pissed if they lost to key or banana :p.

Fact of the matter is, yes, wifi sucks, and truth be told...we all john when we lose on wifi.
"****it...lag."
"Ugh...button delay."
"Dude, my second jump totally just didn't work..."

^^Those are all johns. And yea, those actually happen, but point is...GGs are GGs.

G
G
s

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
someone's johning.

his name must be john.
johnsasaurus.
johnnyMcjohnjohn.

lol...on topic (er...on the off topic topic this thread has gone into to...)

I think everyone here is worse on wifi....i'd even go as far as to say we're all WAY WORSE on wifi.

Airdodging doesn't work the way it should.
your second jump happens about 5 seconds later.
really, it sucks.

but this is something we all know.

I got *** ***** by banana trooper when i played him online.
like...real bad.

And i like to think im better than how i played against him.
But fact is...i got *****. lol.

I said GG's, moved on, have gotten better....losing isn't a big deal, especially losing to repected falcon players like banana or key. Losing is okay lol...the only time losing isn't okay is if you're Ken, PC, M2K, etc...im sure they'd be pissed if they lost to key or banana :p.

Fact of the matter is, yes, wifi sucks, and truth be told...we all john when we lose on wifi.
"****it...lag."
"Ugh...button delay."
"Dude, my second jump totally just didn't work..."

^^Those are all johns. And yea, those actually happen, but point is...GGs are GGs.

G
G
s
I agree with everything you said here. Although I'm not sure I'd label myself as a respected Falcon just yet. lol I appreciate the compliment though. :) But yeah, everyone's going to feel like Wi-Fi let some matches slip away that they should've won. That's just the nature of Wi-Fi matches. It sucks but that's the best we have. Are Wolf and Pika really as **** as they seem to be if you play against them on Wi-Fi? No, they're not as good in person. But you just gotta deal with that if you play online.

IWAN WE STILL NEED TO PLAY **** IT!!! lol

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru

i never once said key was better than me.
and if i say good games i wont mean it due to the lag im sorry that im still being very defencive but playing many people in person then going to gay-fi is just.... gay. and not very fun i hope you can see were im coming from

Iwan

Smash Ace

i never once said key was better than me.
and if i say good games i wont mean it due to the lag im sorry that im still being very defencive but playing many people in person then going to gay-fi is just.... gay. and not very fun i hope you can see were im coming from
Na...everyone gets where you're coming from. It's just the point some are trying to make is that there's no point for you to be defensive.

Like i said, unless you're one of the better players out there (like, really really good), you're going to lose.

and yea, wifi sucks.
but you can still lose on it.
Just say "ggs" and get on with life.
lol.

And yes Key, I'm well aware that we haven't played yet haha. It's hard man, there's no wifi at the house I'm staying for the summer, and I'm doing local stuff at night. I haven't really been anywhere this summer where i can easily play online. The Wii doesn't pick up the neighbor's wifi :(

lol.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Na...everyone gets where you're coming from. It's just the point some are trying to make is that there's no point for you to be defensive.

Like i said, unless you're one of the better players out there (like, really really good), you're going to lose.

and yea, wifi sucks.
but you can still lose on it.
Just say "ggs" and get on with life.
lol.

And yes Key, I'm well aware that we haven't played yet haha. It's hard man, there's no wifi at the house I'm staying for the summer, and I'm doing local stuff at night. I haven't really been anywhere this summer where i can easily play online. The Wii doesn't pick up the neighbor's wifi :(

lol.

thats just the way i behave online
but you make some good points

Top Bottom