• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My new Cf vids

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru

Captainbrawl

Smash Apprentice
That last kill on the 1st video was pretty cool.

Its nice to see other Falcon users. Especially that are really good.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Match 1:

First stock was great. You had a nice string and eventually got an early kill. Good job there. After that though it went downhill. Your opponent took you from 10% to over 160% before you even got him up to 60% I believe. Rough stretch there on the whole. Luckily for you though he gimped himself at <50% so you had the upper hand. If not for that unfortunate turn of events he probably would've beaten you, because the rest of the way it was either balanced or slightly in his favor.

Elbow

Smash Apprentice
Very good. Skills are obvious. People don't appreciate how hard it is to play with Falcon, and I hate that ignorance.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Match 2:

Outplayed on your first stock. Second stock plagued by jump -> double jump -> FF-aerial spam (which never worked if you watch the videos). Don't do that. I used to do that habitually and even thought it worked, but honestly it doesn't. So stop your bad habit now or it will consume your game. Third stock... why the Falcon Punch? It had no hope and it resulted in you getting Fsmashed and almost killing yourself before you got your bearings back. Continuing about the part where you almost killed yourself, why did you Uair and Fair? Your opponent was more than halfway across the stage when both of those moves came out. The Uair was especially ridiculous because he was not only essentially the entire stage away from you, you were also more than two body heights above him. The Fair is a little more excuse-able because I can see how maybe you thought you were going to land on the stage instead of rubbing the edge. But still, Fsmash and Ftilt (the only two possible ground moves that you could've been attempting IF you thought you were going to be on the ground) would STILL not reach him and he could've easily rushed you and then Side B comboed you for 15% or however much it is.

Honestly if not for 3 or so edgehopped Sweet-Knees and a crazy SD by your opponent, you would've been two stocked with ease. Actually without the Knees and the SD you would've been borderline three stocked. Honestly I don't know what was going on that match, because your first match at least had some decent moments. This match was just a trainwreck.

I don't mean to sound harsh and I hope you don't interpret my criticisms as being personal attacks or anything, but I really was disappointed in the second video. That said, here is my advice:

Stop the aerial spamming. Like I said before it doesn't work with the method you're trying to use, and the more you do it the harder the habit will be to shake as you take steps to try and grow as a player. This is probably the weakest part of your match. First stock: 2 ground moves. Countless aerial spam. Quick death and low damage given. Second stock: About 10 grounded moves. Even though your accuracy was low, you at least did better in trying to work in some move variety. And you killed him during this stock! Third stock: Around 7 ground moves, and two of those were the first two jabs in the AAA combo. So really 6 probably. You lost your last stock because your opponent finally realized that you're going to ledgehop and aerial everytime so he just spaced and punished.

Don't Nair. Really I don't remember you even connecting with it once. Maybe you did. But honestly even if you DID hit with it, it didn't make any significant impact. You have much better options. Heck, even spamming the Knee and hoping you get lucky is a better option (and that's a bad option). In my opinion, Nair is only remotely useful as a combo breaker. That's it. I can see it as MAYBE a defensive recovery tactic (good reach and as you're falling it has a really tall window of connection) but even that's a huge stretch.

Falcon Kick more. Running A more. AAA combo more. These are three of your best tools as a Falcon player and they are probably your three least used moves. Running A -> Utilt -> Chase with Uair/Bair is a really nice string that works quite often. If they air dodge a lot wait for it and Bair them, otherwise chase and Uair. I know it's hard, but aerials really belong in aerial combat, not ground combat. Sure there is definitely room for some Bairs and even Dairs against standing foes, but this should not be the core method of your game.

Dsmash more. It's actually a pretty decent move if you use it right. AAA into Dsmash or even Fsmash can work at times. Also, grab more. I know it can be hard, especially against Marth, but it is a crucial part of Falcon's game. Every throw except Bthrow is useful imo depending on the situation, so experiment with each of them and try out various followups. There's really a LOT of options out there for you on the ground. And even with the priority issues that always seem to arise, your ground options are way better than aerial spamming.

I hope this helps, because that was my intent. I look forward to seeing more videos of you as you (hopefully) progress forward as a player.

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
Where these wifi matches?

EDIT:

Match 2:

Outplayed on your first stock. Second stock plagued by jump -> double jump -> FF-aerial spam (which never worked if you watch the videos). Don't do that. I used to do that habitually and even thought it worked, but honestly it doesn't. So stop your bad habit now or it will consume your game. Third stock... why the Falcon Punch? It had no hope and it resulted in you getting Fsmashed and almost killing yourself before you got your bearings back. Continuing about the part where you almost killed yourself, why did you Uair and Fair? Your opponent was more than halfway across the stage when both of those moves came out. The Uair was especially ridiculous because he was not only essentially the entire stage away from you, you were also more than two body heights above him. The Fair is a little more excuse-able because I can see how maybe you thought you were going to land on the stage instead of rubbing the edge. But still, Fsmash and Ftilt (the only two possible ground moves that you could've been attempting IF you thought you were going to be on the ground) would STILL not reach him and he could've easily rushed you and then Side B comboed you for 15% or however much it is.

Honestly if not for 3 or so edgehopped Sweet-Knees and a crazy SD by your opponent, you would've been two stocked with ease. Actually without the Knees and the SD you would've been borderline three stocked. Honestly I don't know what was going on that match, because your first match at least had some decent moments. This match was just a trainwreck.

I don't mean to sound harsh and I hope you don't interpret my criticisms as being personal attacks or anything, but I really was disappointed in the second video. That said, here is my advice:

Stop the aerial spamming. Like I said before it doesn't work with the method you're trying to use, and the more you do it the harder the habit will be to shake as you take steps to try and grow as a player. This is probably the weakest part of your match. First stock: 2 ground moves. Countless aerial spam. Quick death and low damage given. Second stock: About 10 grounded moves. Even though your accuracy was low, you at least did better in trying to work in some move variety. And you killed him during this stock! Third stock: Around 7 ground moves, and two of those were the first two jabs in the AAA combo. So really 6 probably. You lost your last stock because your opponent finally realized that you're going to ledgehop and aerial everytime so he just spaced and punished.

Don't Nair. Really I don't remember you even connecting with it once. Maybe you did. But honestly even if you DID hit with it, it didn't make any significant impact. You have much better options. Heck, even spamming the Knee and hoping you get lucky is a better option (and that's a bad option). In my opinion, Nair is only remotely useful as a combo breaker. That's it. I can see it as MAYBE a defensive recovery tactic (good reach and as you're falling it has a really tall window of connection) but even that's a huge stretch.

Falcon Kick more. Running A more. AAA combo more. These are three of your best tools as a Falcon player and they are probably your three least used moves. Running A -> Utilt -> Chase with Uair/Bair is a really nice string that works quite often. If they air dodge a lot wait for it and Bair them, otherwise chase and Uair. I know it's hard, but aerials really belong in aerial combat, not ground combat. Sure there is definitely room for some Bairs and even Dairs against standing foes, but this should not be the core method of your game.

Dsmash more. It's actually a pretty decent move if you use it right. AAA into Dsmash or even Fsmash can work at times. Also, grab more. I know it can be hard, especially against Marth, but it is a crucial part of Falcon's game. Every throw except Bthrow is useful imo depending on the situation, so experiment with each of them and try out various followups. There's really a LOT of options out there for you on the ground. And even with the priority issues that always seem to arise, your ground options are way better than aerial spamming.

I hope this helps, because that was my intent. I look forward to seeing more videos of you as you (hopefully) progress forward as a player.
Lol Artie, you got jacked and torn to shreds.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Match 2:

sorry to say but you cant fight a marth like a falcon . AAA combos are not that good vs marths thats why i just A once or twice because if i do the whole thing he can 1. sheild grab on the last frames of my second punch. 2. di out of it then forward smash and 3. Seild grab during the rapid punches. imma stop there

no these are not wifi

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
So then just do AAA without the fists of fury. I never said you had to hold it forever. Even spamming the fists of fury is a better option than aerial spamming though, honestly. At least you can't anticipate the AAA combo like you can jumping twice and then fast-falling aerials over and over. Seriously if you don't see that coming after the third time it's done it a row you have problems. The AAA is clearly a much better option.

Also, "I only A once or twice because the rest of it is punishable" still does not explain why you only did it once in the entire match. Even if you think only the first two punches are good, that still doesn't mean you can't use those two punches multiple times.

Fix your moveset and then play that Marth again and I guarantee you'll win (and not because he kills himself like in the first video).

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
So then just do AAA without the fists of fury. I never said you had to hold it forever. Even spamming the fists of fury is a better option than aerial spamming though, honestly. At least you can't anticipate the AAA combo like you can jumping twice and then fast-falling aerials over and over. Seriously if you don't see that coming after the third time it's done it a row you have problems. The AAA is clearly a much better option.

Also, "I only A once or twice because the rest of it is punishable" still does not explain why you only did it once in the entire match. Even if you think only the first two punches are good, that still doesn't mean you can't use those two punches multiple times.

Fix your moveset and then play that Marth again and I guarantee you'll win (and not because he kills himself like in the first video).

If i may ask how many tourneys have you been too?

Even spamming the fists of fury is a better option than aerial spamming though, honestly.

no if i stayed on the ground ill get punished. falcon has like no priority on the ground vs marth

At least you can't anticipate the AAA combo like you can jumping twice and then fast-falling aerials over and over.

sorry to say but AAA is not very usefull on marths like i said in my other post im not gonna type it over

The AAA is clearly a much better option
NO!

all of your matches i have seen is vs falcon so dont give me advice on how you play vs a falcon. your saying it ike your the best on the bored.

dont hold your sheild when you see its about to break. never fast fall your Dair you'll kill yourself every time. never up b from the edge your just leaving yourself open. i can go on and on. i would play you on wifi but i dont want you thinking your better due to button delay

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Your spammed aerials have no priority when he SHIELDS THEM OVER AND OVER. Besides, none of your aerials outprioritize his ground moves anyways (unless you're grinding on him), so pretty much no matter what move you do you're going to get outprioritized. You might as well use some ground moves instead of doing the same unsuccessful crap over and over. AAA may not be that useful but it sure as hell beats double jump aerial spamming!

Also, who says that all you have to do is AAA? I vividly remember saying that your game was very lacking in Falcon Kicks, Dsmashes, Fsmashes, grabs, and Running As. How about using any of those? Even if you think the AAA is not worth it (even though it is), there are plenty of other options you've neglected to use. That's why you lost. It doesn't take a genius to recognize that you probably should've gotten 3-stocked had the Marth not made weird mistakes. Obviously what you're doing doesn't work so why not try other stuff instead of just doing the same ineffective junk over and over?

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Your spammed aerials have no priority when he SHIELDS THEM OVER AND OVER. Besides, none of your aerials outprioritize his ground moves anyways (unless you're grinding on him), so pretty much no matter what move you do you're going to get outprioritized. You might as well use some ground moves instead of doing the same unsuccessful crap over and over. AAA may not be that useful but it sure as hell beats double jump aerial spamming!

Also, who says that all you have to do is AAA? I vividly remember saying that your game was very lacking in Falcon Kicks, Dsmashes, Fsmashes, grabs, and Running As. How about using any of those? Even if you think the AAA is not worth it (even though it is), there are plenty of other options you've neglected to use. That's why you lost. It doesn't take a genius to recognize that you probably should've gotten 3-stocked had the Marth not made weird mistakes. Obviously what you're doing doesn't work so why not try other stuff instead of just doing the same ineffective junk over and over?
reread my post. at least i didnt get 3 stocked bye a falcon that brokke my sheild:chuckle:

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
At least I know how to take constructive criticism instead of acting like a 6 year old.

And honestly, the Falcon that 3 stocked me and broke my shield before the final KO is leagues ahead of you and your opponent so I wouldn't be talking if I were you.

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
Wifi aint the greatest place to play, but it's still a reasonable indicator of relative skill. I say go for a few matches and settle this catfight :)

And honestly, the Falcon that 3 stocked me and broke my shield before the final KO is leagues ahead of you and your opponent so I wouldn't be talking if I were you.
Now I feel pressure to live up to that lol.

I'm only a spec in this wonderful argument lol, don't mind me. I don't exist for the moment...

Ornj

Smash Journeyman
well cc yer jabs in the first game ***** him

and u didnt do it once in the second game so yah

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
why are you guys rating me i never ask to mate my falcon dam
Who said anything bout mating with your falcon? Bestiality is a sin boys n girls :)

Lol, on a serious note, you posted videos of yourself on a board dedicated to the character you were playing. Not every comment is gonna kiss up and compliment you. Plus, Key didn't actually rate you, he wanted to comment on things he thought you did wrong. If you didn't want criticism, you shoulda specified that (though that likely woulda resulted in flaming).

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Who said anything bout mating with your falcon? Bestiality is a sin boys n girls :)

Lol, on a serious note, you posted videos of yourself on a board dedicated to the character you were playing. Not every comment is gonna kiss up and compliment you. Plus, Key didn't actually rate you, he wanted to comment on things he thought you did wrong. If you didn't want criticism, you shoulda specified that (though that likely woulda resulted in flaming).
he kiss up 2 you for some odd reason and he said And honestly, the Falcon that 3 stocked me and broke my shield before the final KO is leagues ahead of you and your opponent so I wouldn't be talking if I were you.

and he still is not on wifi and he is acting like im fighting another falcon thats why im not taking that criticism. he is acting like he is pro or something btw he just said your better than me

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
I'm perfectly fine with playing you, Artie.

Why would you post your videos if you didn't want people to comment on them? That makes no sense.

And Ornj speaks the truth. Jabs in the first game worked regardless of when the two matches were played. The day they were made makes no difference. So how can you argue that they don't work if there is video evidence of them working against the same player using the same character? At one point in the first match you landed probably 5 or 6 jabs in a row (NOT IN THE FISTS OF FURY) against him and then followed up with a Dsmash. How does that not work then? Seriously after just watching your first video again now that I've seen your second video, you did many good things in the first match that were totally out the window in the second match:

Your Running As were successful.
Your Utilts (when not spammed) were successful.
Your AAA combos were successful.
Your Dsmashes were successful.
Your grabs and throws were successful.

How can you honestly argue against my comments when your FIRST VIDEO PROVES THEM RIGHT?

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
I'm perfectly fine with playing you, Artie.

Why would you post your videos if you didn't want people to comment on them? That makes no sense.

And Ornj speaks the truth. Jabs in the first game worked regardless of when the two matches were played. The day they were made makes no difference. So how can you argue that they don't work if there is video evidence of them working against the same player using the same character? At one point in the first match you landed probably 5 or 6 jabs in a row (NOT IN THE FISTS OF FURY) against him and then followed up with a Dsmash. How does that not work then? Seriously after just watching your first video again now that I've seen your second video, you did many good things in the first match that were totally out the window in the second match:

Your Running As were successful.
Your Utilts (when not spammed) were successful.
Your AAA combos were successful.
Your Dsmashes were successful.
Your grabs and throws were successful.

How can you honestly argue against my comments when your FIRST VIDEO PROVES THEM RIGHT?
one video is older then the other but i think the third is the most recent i have you added and waiting in the waiting room

J4pu

Smash Champion
I like your edge-hog > knee tactic works well and sets up for repeats until they finally die
granted it wont work on too many characters but it works awesome on marth

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
and he still is not on wifi and he is acting like im fighting another falcon thats why im not taking that criticism. he is acting like he is pro or something btw he just said your better than me
I know the marth v. falcon matchup quite well (trust me on this one), and agree that if the marth is competent, it's one of falcon's toughest fights. If I may say though, key has some good points on improvement, and you shouldn't shoot him down for em. Perhaps his tone turned you off a bit, which is understandable - it's hard to tell what someone's intentions are over text on the internet (though proper punctuation and spelling helps a wee bit ;)). I don't think key was trying to come off as superior, though you interpreted it that way.

Get along better lol - or vent out your differences on wifi.:)

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
I know the marth v. falcon matchup quite well (trust me on this one), and agree that if the marth is competent, it's one of falcon's toughest fights. If I may say though, key has some good points on improvement, and you shouldn't shoot him down for em. Perhaps his tone turned you off a bit, which is understandable - it's hard to tell what someone's intentions are over text on the internet (though proper punctuation and spelling helps a wee bit ;)). I don't think key was trying to come off as superior, though you interpreted it that way.

Get along better lol - or vent out your differences on wifi.:)

yea thats true play me key is taking a wile.
sorry 4 the i said some things key

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
he kiss up 2 you for some odd reason and he said And honestly, the Falcon that 3 stocked me and broke my shield before the final KO is leagues ahead of you and your opponent so I wouldn't be talking if I were you.

I'm not kissing up to him. He is MUCH better than I am and plays a REALLY good game. He beats me regularly. He does everything I try to do much more skillfully and effectively. And honestly, when we play each other we BOTH critique each other. If I see something he did that I think was bad, I let him know. Now of course I don't say as much to him as he says to me, but we both are able to give and take criticism in a mature manner.

You on the other hand (in your second video) play Falcon with nothing but aerial spammage (which didn't work and never works). In your first video you were good. Honestly, you were good. You still messed some things up which is why you didn't win by more, but overall you were good. If you played in the second video like you did in the first video you would've won. Your first video was good and if you played like that I wouldn't say you were leagues behind BananaTrooper. But in the second video, you ARE leagues behind BananaTrooper. And most other Falcons for that matter. So, in conclusion, observe the differences between your two videos and play in a style that fits the more effective one.

I'm not a pro. I never said I was one. But I know what pro Falcons do and you weren't doing those things at all in the second video. That's why I critiqued it so thoroughly. I know you're playing Marth. But the stuff I said to do WORKED IN THE FIRST VIDEO AGAINST MARTH!

BananaTrooper is better than you, I stand by those words. None of the footage you've shown so far has indicated that you would be better than he is. He is the best Falcon I know of, hands down.

Honestly nothing I said was meant to be offensive or condescending or anything. I wasn't posting to say "oh hahaha you suck I'm better." That definitely was NOT my intention at all. Only after you started making personal attacks did I do so in return (which is when I made my you're not as good as BananaTrooper comment). I honestly have nothing against you personally whatsoever and I'm not sure why you took such offense to what I had to say. I was simply giving my advice. I'm sorry if you took it as if I was talking down to you.

If you want to play let's play. I'll register you right now.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
I'm ready now. :)

It's ok Artie. I'm sorry I came across as a **** in my first post. It was not my intention at all. I still disagree with some of your tactical ideas but really I don't have anything against you as a person. Truce?

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
I'm not kissing up to him. He is MUCH better than I am and plays a REALLY good game. He beats me regularly. He does everything I try to do much more skillfully and effectively. And honestly, when we play each other we BOTH critique each other. If I see something he did that I think was bad, I let him know. Now of course I don't say as much to him as he says to me, but we both are able to give and take criticism in a mature manner.

You on the other hand (in your second video) play Falcon with nothing but aerial spammage (which didn't work and never works). In your first video you were good. Honestly, you were good. You still messed some things up which is why you didn't win by more, but overall you were good. If you played in the second video like you did in the first video you would've won. Your first video was good and if you played like that I wouldn't say you were leagues behind BananaTrooper. But in the second video, you ARE leagues behind BananaTrooper. And most other Falcons for that matter. So, in conclusion, observe the differences between your two videos and play in a style that fits the more effective one.

I'm not a pro. I never said I was one. But I know what pro Falcons do and you weren't doing those things at all in the second video. That's why I critiqued it so thoroughly. I know you're playing Marth. But the stuff I said to do WORKED IN THE FIRST VIDEO AGAINST MARTH!

BananaTrooper is better than you, I stand by those words. None of the footage you've shown so far has indicated that you would be better than he is. He is the best Falcon I know of, hands down.

Honestly nothing I said was meant to be offensive or condescending or anything. I wasn't posting to say "oh hahaha you suck I'm better." That definitely was NOT my intention at all. Only after you started making personal attacks did I do so in return (which is when I made my you're not as good as BananaTrooper comment). I honestly have nothing against you personally whatsoever and I'm not sure why you took such offense to what I had to say. I was simply giving my advice. I'm sorry if you took it as if I was talking down to you.

If you want to play let's play. I'll register you right now.

ok 2 quick things
1 read my post above yours
2 im online

truce :laugh:

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
Love how the font size changed lol, I actually laughed out loud. great stuff.

Also, I'd like it if I weren't being referred to in this topic so much (it's appreciated, thanks very much). I don't wanna give people predispositions bout my game is all.

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
button delay
Man Artie, you're cracking me up with all this hilarity.

"I have one thing to say to all you people out there. You ready for it? Here it comes....*

*Deep breath...

"...button delay"

Love it :laugh: Don't ever edit that post, whatever you do.

LMFAO at the drama on this thread wtf? so who ever won those matches?
Happening as I type.

Rigor Mortis

Smash Journeyman
Give the side b some lovin why dont u ;D
AUTO CANCEL DAIRS and FAIRS its either i only noticed when u didnt auto cancel or u auto cancled alot and im too much of a noob not to notice
Great jabs, btw when you downslam go for that tasty uair even if its 1!

Top Bottom