• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"My Music" Hits Brawl

Darkurai

Smash Master
.............................................wow.
This is the only thing that can express my feelings:
Basically, [Sakurai] said "no matter who is going to be playing this game, I'm going to make it catered specifically for them."

Sakurai, you are a god.

starboardman

Smash Apprentice
Oh ya, I mean we are allowed to download MP3s directly to are Wii Harddrive right?

Plus nothing lislten to Im a Barbie Girl while playing.
Lol, yeah, barbie girl...
I was just hoping they would have some kind of mp3 player interface built in to the game... that would be freakin sweet

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I'm assuming that stages from the same universe will have the same songs available, and that the only reason they're manipulated separately is so that you can have different songs play more often on certain stages. That's what I'm hoping anyway.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Best. Freakin. Update. Ever!

Aside from character confirmation updates, the music updates is my second favorite. My Music will rock in the smash world. The Melee soundtrack was awesome but this will be SO much more. ::adds another favorite to his music list (Pokemon Stadium)::

Florida

イーグランツ
Wow, an update worthy of being hosted on a Friday! Not only were the updates great, but we got three of them!

In the Delfino Plaza screenshot, one of the themes is Castle Music / Fortress Boss....

;)
Also, will the stages be selected more "Dragon Ball Z" style, where you flip through them and get a wider view of what it looks like, or do you think we're only seeing this for the "My Music" function?

Arteen

Smash Lord
Wow..when I first saw this, I thought it was going to be the ability to use mp3s in the background. LAME
Like others have said, turn off the game music and just leave sound effects. Then you can play whatever song you want from your computer or iPod or whatever device you use to listen to music. It's just that simple.

This update is pretty cool. I hope Brawl will have a lot more fun customization options like this.

starboardman

Smash Apprentice
Also, will the stages be selected more "Dragon Ball Z" style, where you flip through them and get a wider view of what it looks like, or do you think we're only seeing this for the "My Music" function?
who knows... ^_^
I think the My Music function will be pretty similar to a lot of the other option menus though... but actually, the Names menu and Sticker menu are both pretty different... there are going to be hundreds and hundreds of menus! lol

smasher32

Smash Journeyman
Definitely one of the greatest updates ever, as a music fan.

Also, I feel I should mention this whether or not anyone has noticed it...but if you look at the pictures under "My Music", you will see arrows in the first two pictures, indicating more than four songs per stage

*orgasm*

blayde_axel

Smash Master
I guess I'm the only one that didn't like the Pokemon Stadium music. The MIDI's are killing me!

But, overall, this is great for a triple update! My music seems great, even if it's preset choices and not your own music. So there's at least... six songs for Delfino, according to the arrows. That's pretty cool.

*Weep* Seems like the last smash brothers... *weep*

Florida

イーグランツ
Nice observation smasher! Do the song choices have to be relative to the franchise of the stage? :-)
Oh and, I honestly though that we'd be getting a song of Sakurai singing when I saw "My Music". xD

Blade Beast

Smash Journeyman
I've never felt the need to have non-game-related songs in my matches.

After all, I can always just turn the music volume to zero and play SFX only, then open up iTunes.

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
I thank this update so much. It gives me so much hope that the Phendrana Drifts theme from Metroid Prime will make it in, and I sure as hell hope it does.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8oefrmJrWk (The techno remix, which can be heard in the same area later on)

blayde_axel

Smash Master
I'm still waiting for more Super Metroid music. Although very ambient, they're pretty good. I mean, it'll be a change from the "epic" music in smash bros.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
this may be one of my favorite updates ever. it goes to show how much effort is going into the song. we won't get 1 or 2 songs per stage. we're getting upwards of 5 or more songs per stage, and some will be in their original state.

sakurai, you loveable bas****, you outdid yourself

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
Definitely one of the greatest updates ever, as a music fan.

Also, I feel I should mention this whether or not anyone has noticed it...but if you look at the pictures under "My Music", you will see arrows in the first two pictures, indicating more than four songs per stage

*orgasm*
It doesn't mean more than four songs per stage. If anything, I would think it suggests ONLY four songs per stage.

Look at the Delfino Plaza screenshot. See how the top song is "Delfino Plaza"? I'd say there's a pretty good chance that that's the primary song for the stage, seeing as how it has the same name and all. But there's still an arrow above it, isn't it? Wouldn't the original song be on top of the list? Plus, look at the top left. It says "Options/My Music". Not "Options/My Music/[Stage]". I think that all the stages are just in one big connected list. Bridge of Eldin has no up arrow because it's the number one stage alphabetically (no A stages, apparently).

This is just guesswork now, but it seems like the natural thing to do from here would be to have it be one page of music per stage, and going to the bottom jumps you to the next stage (and the next set of four songs). With the comparable slider interface, it wouldn't make sense to be half-scrolled into one stage and half-seeing the slider bars for the previous stage. Different stages need to be completely separated from one another, which means you need to work in complete sets of four songs. And it would be awkward to slowly scroll down a list of 6 Eldin Bridge stages and then suddenly jump to Delfino Plaza without meaning to. I guess it's not impossible for every stage to have two pages of songs (eight total), but that sounds like a lot of music. I mean, how many tracks does Kid Icarus even have? Maybe some stages could have eight tracks and the others would have just four...but if they aren't all equidistant to one another, it makes scrolling down to a stage in the middle more awkward (thinking that you're about to scroll to the next stage, but getting more music for the current stage).

And I don't see the Ocarina of Time remix on the Bridge of Eldin shot, which probably means no mixing songs from different stages together.

It's still pretty epic, though.

starboardman

Smash Apprentice
lol, wow. we really should not be this concerned about exactly how the menu works and exactly what every graphic on the menu means and what possibilities could come from each arrow and... yeah..... lol... we will find out soon enough! :)

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I'm still waiting for more Super Metroid music. Although very ambient, they're pretty good. I mean, it'll be a change from the "epic" music in smash bros.

Oh god yes. Super Metroid prologue and lower norfair music FOR THE WIN

This makes me wonder though... maybe the inclusion of Ridley's theme says nothing about whether Ridley will be in the game. Maybe they're just taking all the best themes from each game world.

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
awesome zelda theme and mario castle theme confirmed now i need the wild battle and Trainer battle music from Ruby and Sapphire

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
It doesn't mean more than four songs per stage. If anything, I would think it suggests ONLY four songs per stage.

Look at the Delfino Plaza screenshot. See how the top song is "Delfino Plaza"? I'd say there's a pretty good chance that that's the primary song for the stage, seeing as how it has the same name and all. But there's still an arrow above it, isn't it? Wouldn't the original song be on top of the list? Plus, look at the top left. It says "Options/My Music". Not "Options/My Music/[Stage]". I think that all the stages are just in one big connected list. Bridge of Eldin has no up arrow because it's the number one stage alphabetically (no A stages, apparently).

This is just guesswork now, but it seems like the natural thing to do from here would be to have it be one page of music per stage, and going to the bottom jumps you to the next stage (and the next set of four songs). With the comparable slider interface, it wouldn't make sense to be half-scrolled into one stage and half-seeing the slider bars for the previous stage. Different stages need to be completely separated from one another, which means you need to work in complete sets of four songs. And it would be awkward to slowly scroll down a list of 6 Eldin Bridge stages and then suddenly jump to Delfino Plaza without meaning to. I guess it's not impossible for every stage to have two pages of songs (eight total), but that sounds like a lot of music. I mean, how many tracks does Kid Icarus even have? Maybe some stages could have eight tracks and the others would have just four...but if they aren't all equidistant to one another, it makes scrolling down to a stage in the middle more awkward (thinking that you're about to scroll to the next stage, but getting more music for the current stage).

And I don't see the Ocarina of Time remix on the Bridge of Eldin shot, which probably means no mixing songs from different stages together.

It's still pretty epic, though.

I disagree with your overall premise. First of all, there are more than 4 mario tracks in Melee, and Brawl is sure to have more. They're obviously not isolating tracks from the same universe (since tracks from other Mario games are available for Delfino Plaza).

As for the bolded statement, I think Delfino Plaza will get the same list of songs as the other Mario stages, so the track called "Delfino Plaza" won't necessarily be on top. The top track will likely be a very ubiquitous, classic Mario theme that isn't specific to one game.

starboardman

Smash Apprentice
What they need, as far as music tracks go... is the song from Metal Gear (the first one on NES) when you first start the game and you are walking around out in the jungle... that would rock. A few more Kid Icarus tracks would be cool too... and and and and and.... um......... that's all i can think of for now. :chuckle:

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
)

I wonder if they'll bring back 64 or melee songs. I personally want the Mesprit, Azelf, Uxie battle theme. it was awesome.

Oh man, I will have that battle music on all the time. It always got me pumped up. Way too good.

I'm loving this update, and personally I was so into the Pokemon Stadium theme when I listened to it. This is just one of those little things that will make brawl a favorite among Wii owner everywhere... well except for the people who don't like the smash bros. franchise... but those people should die anyway.

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
I disagree with your overall premise. First of all, there are more than 4 mario tracks in Melee, and Brawl is sure to have more. They're obviously not isolating tracks from the same universe (since tracks from other Mario games are available for Delfino Plaza).
"Universe" typically refers to the series. So all those songs are part of the Mario universe. And if each stage does have a separate list of songs, there will obviously be more than four Mario songs (at least eight, and probably twelve or more).

As for the bolded statement, I think Delfino Plaza will get the same list of songs as the other Mario stages, so the track called "Delfino Plaza" won't necessarily be on top. The top track will likely be a very ubiquitous, classic Mario theme that isn't specific to one game.
Hm. I didn't consider that. On the one hand, it would be a little disorganized if your first look at the Delfino Plaza section of the list was a bunch of question marks with the actual choice not visible until a page down. But that doesn't mean it's impossible, especially if a couple of alternate songs are available without needing to find the CDs for them first...

What we really need is confirmation on the Bridge of Eldin music (I'm pretty confident that the Ocarina of Time medley doesn't belong to it). If it's anything other than "Title (The Legend of Zelda)", then I'll know for sure that I'm wrong. And putting the "title" song and "main theme" on top would certainly fit your idea perfectly in that case.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Hm. I didn't consider that. On the one hand, it would be a little disorganized if your first look at the Delfino Plaza section of the list was a bunch of question marks with the actual choice not visible until a page down. But that doesn't mean it's impossible, especially if a couple of alternate songs are available without needing to find the CDs for them first...

What we really need is confirmation on the Bridge of Eldin music (I'm pretty confident that the Ocarina of Time medley doesn't belong to it). If it's anything other than "Title (The Legend of Zelda)", then I'll know for sure that I'm wrong. And putting the "title" song and "main theme" on top would certainly fit your idea perfectly in that case.

To add to my thoughts earlier:

Sakurai said "basically, there is only one song that plays on each stage", so since songs can be unlocked, you probably only start with just one track per stage, meaning its frequency is at 100%. As you unlock more, you gain access to its slider which is initially at zero.

I could be wrong though. In particular, the generic tracks like "Main Theme"
might very well be available from the start.

Top Bottom