• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"My Music" Hits Brawl

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Dark Mountain Forest Theme (the track that plays when you're in Death Mountain or Skeleton Forest iirc) > Dark World Theme

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Dark Mountain Forest Theme (the track that plays when you're in Death Mountain or Skeleton Forest iirc) > Dark World Theme
thats from a Link to the past right?

hmm...that would be kind of awesome if the Z.R.E.O. team helped along with remixing the Zelda music for Brawl....no strike that...the ZREO team IS BETTER when comes to Zelda remixes...nothing against the original composers for the game of course (^^)V

baheffron

Smash Apprentice
I'm still clinging to hopes of fully orchestrated tracks... but alas, it looks as if this isn't going to happen. :( A lot of the tracks that I thought were pretty mediocre on the sound clips that they have given us (like zelda theme or ridley theme) would sound amazing if they were done with a live orchestra. The midi just ruins some of the songs.

Oh yea, and Dark world theme owns the dark forest theme :p

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
I'm still clinging to hopes of fully orchestrated tracks... but alas, it looks as if this isn't going to happen. :( A lot of the tracks that I thought were pretty mediocre on the sound clips that they have given us (like zelda theme or ridley theme) would sound amazing if they were done with a live orchestra. The midi just ruins some of the songs.

Oh yea, and Dark world theme owns the dark forest theme :p
yeah I kno tight? wasnt melee done with an orchestra as well?

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Both are from LttP, and both play while you're in the Dark World. The Dark Forest Theme only plays in the areas I mentioned though, and it's much better than the Dark World Theme (wtf baheffron >_>)
I see...yeah I remember the song just wasnt sure of the title of it though wonder how it'll turn out though

~rh

Smash Lord
I'm definitely rockin' The Zelda song on Pokemon Stadium.

~rh

Smash Lord
Ohh, I see. :cry:

I misunderstood, I though he said we can play any song we want on a stage, not the preset amount that he was actually talking about.
Da mn, that would be nice for Zelda music on PKMN stadium though, haha

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Ohh, I see. :cry:

I misunderstood, I though he said we can play any song we want on a stage, not the preset amount that he was actually talking about.
Da mn, that would be nice for Zelda music on PKMN stadium though, haha
tru it would be kind of sweet...funny...Weird as hell though but awesome

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I'd like to hear a Kirby music update. I loved the music in the Kirby games; they match the stages so perfectly.

A "Together We Ride" Fire Emblem music update would be excellent as well.

-Knight

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
I'm still waiting for a Mother 3 music update, since I love the game's music so much. And of course, like I mentioned earlier in this topic, Phendrana Drifts.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
I'm still waiting for a Mother 3 music update, since I love the game's music so much. And of course, like I mentioned earlier in this topic, Phendrana Drifts.
its a shame that I never playe earthbound...they should make that available to down load...and where have I heard Phendrana Drifts b4....wait METROID right??

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
its a shame that I never playe earthbound...they should make that available to down load...and where have I heard Phendrana Drifts b4....wait METROID right??
Yes, it's from Metroid Prime.

And not to sound rude or anything, but is it necessary to reply to every single person's post in this topic? Hell, you've joined just a couple of days ago and your post count is already going through the roof. o_O

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Yes, it's from Metroid Prime.

And not to sound rude or anything, but is it necessary to reply to every single person's post in this topic? Hell, you've joined just a couple of days ago and your post count is already going through the roof. o_O
Im not used to it here still LOL but thank fully Im not double posting anymore XP

Yeah, 80+ posts per day is a bit excessive O_O
im still trying though :(

blayde_axel

Smash Master

Anybody else want to wager that there's going to be another Smashing Live! CD? That'd be awesome.
Well, I'd be kinda miffed if they remade the music live and left it MIDI for Brawl... like they are.

Actually, I believe they'll have Orchestrated pieces... just sparingly. I mean, that's a lot of pieces to do in...Two years? NVM, WE NEED LIVE!

blayde_axel

Smash Master
But still, couldn't you imagine how awesome The Underworld would sound with a live orchestra! They could have it in brawl!! But no... we are cursed with MIDI. After all that talk... BOO!

Well... MELEE MUSIC FOR BRAWL!

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
This update was my favourite by far.

Just...the design looks amazing, and the fact that there's going to be so many tunes in this game is just phenomenal.

Music ftw.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
When I first saw the title of the update, I thought it was going to be about being able to load your own music into the game to use as stage music. And I was thinking "Snap, a kind of nifty feature that I'll totally never use."

But then when I actually read it, I was pleasantly surprised. Now I can play on just about any stage and be sure that I'll have a decent song to fight to.

However, I must say, I'm not loving the white (well, more grey than anything, I think) menu look. I suppose it's a nice contrast to Melee's darker menu, but I prefer the darker to the light. This Brawl screen (which I first start worrying about when we saw the "Names" Game Mode update), seems too washed out to me. I liked the boldness of the black from Melee. This lighter theme bores me. But I'll save true judgment for when I see more screenshots of the thing.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
However, I must say, I'm not loving the white (well, more grey than anything, I think) menu look. I suppose it's a nice contrast to Melee's darker menu, but I prefer the darker to the light. This Brawl screen (which I first start worrying about when we saw the "Names" Game Mode update), seems too washed out to me. I liked the boldness of the black from Melee. This lighter theme bores me. But I'll save true judgment for when I see more screenshots of the thing.
I completely agree about this. Hell, my desktop wallpaper and winamp skins are always dark colored... I just prefer it. But on the other hand, the Wii-esque "revolution" look is kinda cool. hell, maybe Sakurai'll give us multiple themes.

... purpose rhymes with circus...

burrito

Smash Lord
I'm curious about "The Hidden Mountain & Forests" song. What do you think it is?

Xenesis

Smash Journeyman
I like this update a lot.

If just for the fact that it means we might get the full platter of K.K. songs on the Animal Crossing Stage.

Devastlian

Smash Lord

hmm...that would be kind of awesome if the Z.R.E.O. team helped along with remixing the Zelda music for Brawl....no strike that...the ZREO team IS BETTER when comes to Zelda remixes...nothing against the original composers for the game of course (^^)V
Oh gawd no...ZREO is probably the single worst collection of remixes I've ever heard. >.<

yeah I kno tight? wasnt melee done with an orchestra as well?
Some songs were but a lot of them were MIDI.

I'm curious about "The Hidden Mountain & Forests" song. What do you think it is?
Well, the Dark World Forest and Mountain Theme mentioned before is the only instance in a Zelda game where the mountain area and the forest area shared the same song that I can remember...though, I guess it could be a remix of a Mountain Theme and a Forest Theme (maybe the ones from LA since they're both remixes of the Zelda Theme themselves...<_<).

Also, concerning the using our own music from an SD card:

lol, like mainstream music can compare to video game music

Plus, cuss rhymes with circus...<_<

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land

Z.R.E.O?! you must be kidding..:urg:

I am glad they aren't the one making music for Zelda . <_<

Sinvoid

Smash Apprentice
Now the my music is a cool idea. Ive been a zelda fan since it came out and the music is one thing thats kept me attached forever. Even if it was just on that 16-bit console. Now i can see myself playing on the mario stages which i usually dont like and just playing zelda music all the time. Now just imagine if they were to release a patch that lets us play our mp'3s to our wiis thatd be Sick!.

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
Now the my music is a cool idea. Ive been a zelda fan since it came out and the music is one thing thats kept me attached forever. Even if it was just on that 16-bit console. Now i can see myself playing on the mario stages which i usually dont like and just playing zelda music all the time. Now just imagine if they were to release a patch that lets us play our mp'3s to our wiis thatd be Sick!.
O_o they better. I have so many songs..that would be perfect for Brawl. The 13th Battle, Tension Rising, Schezero Di Notte, Desire For All That Is Lost, Coup De Grace, etc. etc..

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
all KH songs...hehehe

I peronally love this update...cant wait till next week

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Hm... I could be reading too much into this, since common sense and some of Sakurai's previous words would suggest that a stage's soundtrack is limited to songs from that particular universe, but...

Of course, if you want to, you can limit a stage to only one song, or make every song in the game equally likely to appear.
Probably a bad translation or a problem with clarity or something of the sort, but with Sakurai, who really knows?

Top Bottom