• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"My Music" Hits Brawl

gnosis

Smash Lord
This'll add another little bit to tournaments; it's always been an interesting experience to play on someone else's memory cards and scroll down through the names as you go down to put in your own.

Now you'll get a hint of the person's musical tastes :D.

Also, SMW Ending theme confirmed... one of my favorite video game songs of all time. I hum it all the time. And The Dark World theme? I'm assuming LttP Dark World? Another favorite of mine. Two songs I already know will be maxed out!

Personally, I'm glad that you can't just play whatever music you want. I won't bother explaining why (mentioning the thought of Dragonforce on, say, Castle Siege will do).

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
If it's a youtube video FTW, no.
I see then ...yeah I guess that makes sense probabl because of false rumors and lies like that.....
This'll add another little bit to tournaments; it's always been an interesting experience to play on someone else's memory cards and scroll down through the names as you go down to put in your own.

Now you'll get a hint of the person's musical tastes :D.

Also, SMW Ending theme confirmed... one of my favorite video game songs of all time. I hum it all the time. And The Dark World theme? I'm assuming LttP Dark World? Another favorite of mine. Two songs I already know will be maxed out!

Personally, I'm glad that you can't just play whatever music you want. I won't bother explaining why (mentioning the thought of Dragonforce on, say, Castle Siege will do).
what kind of songs do u think will make it on that Halberd Stage?

starboardman

Smash Apprentice
Playing other video game music on Brawl would be weird. That's why you have to play some drum'n'bass.

Drake3

Smash Ace
Absolutely amazing for a music Update. Just wow. So much effort is being put into this game, from every single dimension.

To the people who think the music will be rushed...there are over 35 composers. No, just no. To my knowledge, Melee mainly had Hirokazu Ando to compose the music and he did an amazing job.

This update reminded me how truly Epic this game will be.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I do what I want!

I would have said "Mario water theme ftw", but I chose to include a clip for people who are unfamiliar with it.

Sir James

The Doctor
As always, I really wasn't expecting this update (Sakurai mindgames). I doubt I'll hate any of the songs, so now I'll get a chance to hear multiple songs per stage. One single song for each stage got really old after a while. And of course, hearing old school remixes is going to be even better. It's updates like these that get me pumped for Brawl.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
As always, I really wasn't expecting this update (Sakurai mindgames). I doubt I'll hate any of the songs, so now I'll get a chance to hear multiple songs per stage. One single song for each stage got really old after a while. And of course, hearing old school remixes is going to be even better. It's updates like these that get me pumped for Brawl.
do u think we'll also get a few of the songs from Melee as well?

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
This makes me happy. We have a monthly game event and the whole room hears whatever is up on the bigscreen. If it's Melee the music can get quite grating, especially to people that don't play it.

Ianthraxx

Smash Apprentice
This update has me pumped up the most!
Just look at the customization and effort they're putting into this game... if this is indicative of the other aspects of Brawl, this game is going to be pants-*****ingly amazing.

...I also can't believe some people are complaining they don't get to add their own soundtracks. I personally never imagined that idea -- I don't know why you'd want it. Do you guys really get tired of the music? Even in Melee... I never really did... Old school Nintendo tunes all the way. XD

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
This update has me pumped up the most!
Just look at the customization and effort they're putting into this game... if this is indicative of the other aspects of Brawl, this game is going to be pants-*****ingly amazing.

...I also can't believe some people are complaining they don't get to add their own soundtracks. I personally never imagined that idea -- I don't know why you'd want it. Do you guys really get tired of the music? Even in Melee... I never really did... Old school Nintendo tunes all the way. XD
I agree with u about how the nintendo music kick @$$ even in Melee...but lets hope they dont bring the awful DK rap again XP

apparntly it looks like this forum die XP

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I thought the music update was awesome. Now we have different music options that help us to get us upbeat during battle.

Dither

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone noticed the fact that even though it's a Zelda level (Triforce icon), it specifies exactly which game it came from? (TP logo). The same thing happens with the Mario level, with the Sunshine logo.

Perhaps multiple games for each series are used? Might we have Hyrule castle again? ;)

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Best Update of the week. I mean, seriously, this is so awesome that awesome is not a good enough word.

BTW, everyone does know that all of these songs (with a few exceptions) being placed on the SSB Dojo are, with a few exceptions, Merely Samples.... right?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I see "Dark World" which is one of the most awesome Zelda songs ever made!

Now I hope even more that Isaac and a Golden Sun stage makes it in... Golden Sun has a lot of awesome music in it. ^_^

I'm still a bit worried about the lack of orchestration, though.:ohwell:

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
Yes, hopefully these are just midi renders and orchestration will come with the game.

Frogla

Smash Ace
Ok in response to those people who think that the music list is all in one. If there wasnt seprate choices why does the bottom say
Adjust how often a song will appear on this stage

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
I kno u have list of songs to choose from I kno that...but can u choose any other stage that from the same game series for example....there are 2 LOZ stages right? and u choose one of them...can u choose the song that was for the other LOZ stage as well? or just that each stage will have their own songlist and thats it...?

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Ok in response to those people who think that the music list is all in one. If there wasnt seprate choices why does the bottom say
Adjust how often a song will appear on this stage
Good one.

But, anyway, so some stages have at least six different songs... ALMIGHTY SAMURAI! You did it again.

Well, not him. The Composers.

Maricalistaro

Smash Journeyman
Out of every update on the Dojo so far I like this is my favorite one. Out of all the posts this one made me fell the most amount of joy. I like the characters ok but the stages so far are a bit of a let dow, almost all of the stages are just a main platform and some rearranged floating platforms above it, wheres the chaos and variety.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Out of every update on the Dojo so far I like this is my favorite one. Out of all the posts this one made me fell the most amount of joy. I like the characters ok but the stages so far are a bit of a let dow, almost all of the stages are just a main platform and some rearranged floating platforms above it, wheres the chaos and variety.
now that u have mentionet...I have noticed that....the only stages with at least a little bit of chaos are PS2, BoE, and the unrevealed Mario Kart one .....speaking of which....watch the Mario Kart Stage have all the Mario Kart Songs LOL

BoG

Smash Journeyman
now that u have mentionet...I have noticed that....the only stages with at least a little bit of chaos are PS2, BoE, and the unrevealed Mario Kart one .....speaking of which....watch the Mario Kart Stage have all the Mario Kart Songs LOL
I think Wario Ware, Rumble falls, skyworld, and the castle siege will be pretty chaotic, especially WW.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
I see "Dark World" which is one of the most awesome Zelda songs ever made!

I'm still a bit worried about the lack of orchestration, though.:ohwell:
Dark World? Hey, I didn't notice that! It's about time they have some LTTP representation... and with a great song!

But darn that MIDI format... it cursed Twilight Princess to atn 8.9 on Gamespot... not like anyone listens to that a******.

Top Bottom