• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General

Status
Not open for further replies.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I know that a lot of people really begin watching the show because of fanmade works.

This, for instance would have sold me on the show without a doubt. And a major factor in me deciding there must be something to the show was that Starcraft PMV a while back. So there is value to the fanmade content.

Also, Tokyogamer: It's not like its weird for people not to post frequently. It's called having **** to do that doesn't involve being on a web forum.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
According to that logic you should be watching like every show ever and playing every game ever because they've all probably had some starcraft crossover content made for them as well.

Flutter NiTE

Smash Lord
Ohh PonyCraft2... So amazing... And why is Espy an inbred?

Tokyo... Please dont restart >imply.

Also... Still wondering what a waifu is!

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
you used the wrong color of green, tokyo.

the meaning of waifu is kind of self-explanatory.

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
Well then put an avi of your mane. ;3
and join the friendship train.
*looks at TG's avi*
Coming from you, I'm not sure if your words mean anything there.

I know that a lot of people really begin watching the show because of fanmade works.

This, for instance would have sold me on the show without a doubt. And a major factor in me deciding there must be something to the show was that Starcraft PMV a while back. So there is value to the fanmade content.

Also, Tokyogamer: It's not like its weird for people not to post frequently. It's called having **** to do that doesn't involve being on a web forum.
Shame many people only got into it because of fanmade works, though hopefully many of those people actually like the show for what it is after getting into it.

Also I think I need to start doing some other stuff as well, other than checking the forum constantly. :(

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
They don't like the show though, they like the fanbase.
If someone likes a show strictly for fan made works please direct me their way so i can yell at them about how idiotic that is.
I wholeheartedly agree with Spelt on this one, it just doesn't make any sense. The fanbase got me interested in checking out the show, but it was the show's own merits that got me to love it.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I actually like the show...

And I don't care too much for fanmade works that aren't drawings. And that's mosrly just cyute drawings :3

Alfalfa monster is special, before anyone says anything about that :glare:

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
According to that logic you should be watching like every show ever and playing every game ever because they've all probably had some starcraft crossover content made for them as well.
Maybe if I liked all of them.

Shame many people only got into it because of fanmade works, though hopefully many of those people actually like the show for what it is after getting into it.
Sure there are some people who say they like the show for cool points, or something (which is really kind of silly considering most first impressions of bronies). But I think most of them actually enjoy the show once they start watching it, and if they do it shouldn't matter how they got started.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Some people probably do like the concept because of the fanbase.
Those poor unfortunate souls.

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
PG, be my art instructor.
Sorry Zatch, I don't think I'd be a good art instructor since I've only been at this for like 3 or 4 months and 2-4 weeks over this period of time I've been inactive.
Mostly all I use is references. Plus a guide or two if I need it and a couple of short practice sketches.

Zajice might be able to give you more and possibly better advice on the subject.

Sure there are some people who say they like the show for cool points, or something (which is really kind of silly considering most first impressions of bronies). But I think most of them actually enjoy the show once they start watching it, and if they do it shouldn't matter how they got started.
True. While I hate admitting to being a bit wrong I think I should've worded my previous post a bit differently.
Overall what matters is that hopefully people who watch this show actually like the show for what it is rather than just claiming to like it when in actuality they only become a part of this because of the fanmade stuff and fanbase.

I know I loved this show for what it is since I wasn't totally aware of it's internet popularity till after I watched every episode that I could at the time or after watching a good chunk of the episodes.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Guys,
I played a drinking game.
where whenever Edward Norton and Brad Pitt dhows up in the same scene we had to take a shot.

We watched fight club

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
my mom still thinks touche is spelled tushay.

I think it's too funny to correct her.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Congratulations to our fellow brony, Taj, for getting 3rd at Genesis in Melee Singles.

And thank you to Doll666 for getting me a Twilight Sparkle doll
and I guess I'll acknowledge you on Taj's behalf for getting him a Fluttershy doll

Heartstring

Smash Legend
oh the pony love all over genesis
i think im going to have to use the tag 'brony' at my next tournament XD
also, i confirmed myself for apex, who else?

oh the pony love all over genesis
i think im going to have to use the tag 'brony' at my next tournament XD
also, i confirmed myself for apex, who else?
I've already started using pony tags. Redd hates it and thinks this stuff is only a Smashboards fad. Everyone else from MDNOVA loves my tag. (Melee=PONY, Brawl=Trixi)

I'll be at Apex

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I've already started using pony tags. Redd hates it and thinks this stuff is only a Smashboards fad. Everyone else from MDNOVA loves my tag. (Melee=PONY, Brawl=Trixi)

I'll be at Apex
I saw the tag during that crew battle you uploaded recently. Good ****, by the way.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
San Antonio uses Pony tags already too!

Espy - Ajay
K Prime - Fshy
Slush - Ppie
Maan - Rarty
Beros - Tsprk
Me - LadyR

Also, I pony matched Maan for Rarity's title.
Loser was going to go to Rainbow Dash, and I won :)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
ill just go with pony in melee i think XD
and brony in brawl if its on a wii where i dont already have my current tag on there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom