• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General 2: Resurrection

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
I can't stand EG. Turns the whole thing into some dumb High School drama. Nothing of what I liked about MLP carries over; even the main characters seem worse.

Hoping next year's movie turns out good...

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I can appreciate what they've done with Sunset's character going off of my knowledge of her, but there are just so many reasons for me to dislike it.

The idea of a pony becoming a human is just...bleh, to me. I've said it before in this thread: I don't like humanization. Not only does it happen to an exclusive character who could've easily appeared in the main show or say a film that doesn't involve a human world and still receive her character development in an overall similar way, but it also happens to one of the main characters, so that doesn't help me gain a more positive opinion of it. Almost everyone else is just a human counterpart, and in either case, the idea of it still bothers me, though the latter case (human counterparts) is one I've grown to be more okay with.

I've considered watching some of the films (definitely going to skip the first one no matter what) but I've yet to have gone through with it. The whole human thing still doesn't settle well with me, but to each their own. :p

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
Sunset is a good character from the little I've seen of it, but I wish she'd move back to Equestria so she can be in the main show instead.

Starlight has kinda taken that role already though.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
If we could have both Sunset and Starlight in the show that'd be great imo. I could see the two of them getting along well.

Though, I doubt Sunset will ever appear in the main show unfortunately. The main show rarely ever ties into anything that has happened in EG. Nothing that has happened in any of them has ever mentioned by any character, Sunset, the Sirens and the like are never brought up either, and the very few appearances from pony Flash Sentry have been minor cameos.

I guess that could change someday, but going from all of this so far, it seems like they want the show to be a separate thing from EG, despite it being canon. I won't personally complain about that outside of anything involving Sunset, though.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
If Rainbow is 20% cooler then Fluttershy is 20% Cuter and best pony

Though Flutters and Dashie moments are adorable and their Singing voices just sound amazing together

Rainbow is tied for Second place though for the mane 6 placements :lol: But her and Fluttershy moments are one of my favorite parts of Mlp

Also I want Baconmane Shimmer to come back to Equestria and be a pony again..
if not then at least bring her back so she can see Princess Celestia.. this is something that's overdue and I NEED to see this happen and get those feels that are bound to happen upon this reunion

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
While I still don't completely agree with the EG designs, even moreso how the toyline made it cringy as much as I find RD to be as well, I still gotta collect them Twi.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've watched all the EQGs. They get progressively better with each one because they actually start to connect with the real Equestria in some capacity. 2 and 3 both could've fit perfectly well as stories for the actual horses with a little rewriting. They're all about harnessing Equestria's magic and only barely had anything to do with school. The biggest draw of the 3rd one is a classic, naive, dorky Twilight from early S1, since it has her original human self instead of pony Twi. That said, they're still not as good as the show, purely because there's no horses.

Toy line is forever atrocious though. They look 10 times worse than the actual designs, and the actual designs aren't that great to begin with.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I feel like the 4th EG movie is going to either completely suck, or be just passable. :applejack:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
as long as Sunset Shimmer returns to Equestria it will be a success in my book :lol: that's all that really matters :4pacman: there's too many ways this EG series can end right now lol

Last edited:

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
Friend of mine is going to BronyCon...hoping he can nab an Ember plushie for me, if there happen to be any there.

Personally, I'm too anti-social to go to any kind of convention. And admittedly...some of the "mega fans" scare me. Not just pony-specific, but in general. S'why I'll probably never go to something like Comic-con either.

...thinking on it, maybe a Fluttershy av would be more appropriate for me...

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Friend of mine is going to BronyCon...hoping he can nab an Ember plushie for me, if there happen to be any there.

Personally, I'm too anti-social to go to any kind of convention. And admittedly...some of the "mega fans" scare me. Not just pony-specific, but in general. S'why I'll probably never go to something like Comic-con either.

This is one reason why I have Fluttershy as best pony. I can relate to her more than the other ponies.

I'm still going to Bronycon. Though I won't be going to Baltimore until the 7th. I'm planning on getting an autograph from Tara and maybe Ashleigh but we'll see :lol:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
You can be a "mega fan" and not be cringe-y. I'm probably on the farther end of the scale in my pone obsession, but I don't make it obnoxiously obvious. It just takes finesse, which many lack.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
You only need knowledge of the cringe videos and stories of early years to know what any fandom is capable of. I want to consider myself on the moderate end of of mega-fan considering my pony collection, moderate obsession for Twilight Sparkle (not like the cringe guy who was telling everyone of step off cause he's married to Twilight Sparkle), pony apparel, pony fan art, and the need to watch the episode on TV the time it first airs or it will bother me. Otherwise be humble IRL.
:phone:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion

I understand how you feel. If I ever went to a convention, it would be for the merch/panels/show staff, not socializing... and being around cosplayers would make me uncomfortable...

Element of Smash

Scrub Lord
I understand how you feel. If I ever went to a convention, it would be for the merch/panels/show staff, not socializing... and being around cosplayers would make me uncomfortable...
Those are actually the reasons I love going to cons. It's very much a social thing for me. Like, I can order merch online. But the homies gather at the cons.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Cons are probably one of the few places that antisocial people can be social, because everyone is gathering under something they can all relate to. For me, it'd be to meet all the friends and artists I've met online to shoot the **** and just hang out and horse all over the place.

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
Cons are probably one of the few places that antisocial people can be social, because everyone is gathering under something they can all relate to. For me, it'd be to meet all the friends and artists I've met online to shoot the **** and just hang out and horse all over the place.
I think the problem is that I don't relate to ponies that much either. At best I'm just a casual watcher who collects a few pieces of merchandise here or there. Wouldn't really have much to socialize about. I'd be wandering a sea of unknowns, not knowing what to do and without much to say. This thread is as far as I've gone when it comes to being a part of any section of the fandom.

Fighting game tourneys are the only kind of "convention" I attend as I don't have to really socialize to compete.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I did go to E3 twice in my life, but Bronycon? That's a bit of a stretch. I've always been too afraid to expose myself as a brony to anyone except for my fiancée.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
I don't even social with the brony fandom. Closest I get is Smash players who are. I'd sooner meet them in tourneys than at a Brony Con. FZ and PG visited us in TX just to shoot the shizzles. RIP Slush's solo shizz apartment.
:phone:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Did zajice just steal my ****?
:applejack:

Also most bronies are lame so i avoid conventions like the plague. Unless they have smash tournaments with money or moneylike prizes.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Forgot after the smashfest thursday when buying shizz at wally werld someone said nice shirt to me. Haven't heard that from anyone in awhile but prolly cause I haven't been wearing my pony shirts lately.

My all light blue outfit, but san japan and plain light bloo shirt I had was dirty so I wore the DJ one from Ajin I think.

Top Bottom