• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General 2: Resurrection

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Dude if they're saying the show is dead then they're not part of the fandom. They're bandwagon-ers. Therefore the fandom does not think the show is dead. See: everyone else in this thread.

As for Nightmare Night at Dallas, I'll go if Espy and Slush would go but I'll doubt that'll happen. We're already attending San Japan for Smash, Espy would rather not a brony con, and maybe I prefer Fiesta Equestria for being in Houston, but I think it didn't do too well.

:phone:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Zajice Zajice Thanks for sharing that. I love Pinkie so much. <3
I understand that I shouldn't pay attention to what other people think, but I can't help but feel that the minority is always louder than the majority, which irritates me.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
That handsome ************ EoS brings up a good point. Pony shirts are expensive as hell. I can't burn 30 bones on something like that.

Rest of season 6 looks awesome, but I'm definitely kinda iffy on the content shown. It'll be kay regardless tho.

MLP isn't dying. I don't think it's expanding like it did in S1-2, but it's got a stable fanbase that doesn't just canter about aimlessly. It'll be fine.

That said, Gravity Falls is an unfair comparison. That show blows MLP out of the goddamn water and into deep space with how amazing it is. I still hold that if FiM was able to get the audience rating that Gravity Falls had, that we'd have a much deeper, far more complex MLP than we have now.

Show's still good tho. Just not Gravity Falls good. :applejack:

Last edited:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
That handsome ************ EoS brings up a good point. Pony shirts are expensive as hell. I can't burn 30 bones on something like that.

Rest of season 6 looks awesome, but I'm definitely kinda iffy on the content shown. It'll be kay regardless tho.

MLP isn't dying. I don't think it's expanding like it did in S1-2, but it's got a stable fanbase that doesn't just canter about aimlessly. It'll be fine.

That said, Gravity Falls is an unfair comparison. That show blows MLP out of the goddamn water and into deep space with how amazing it is. I still hold that if FiM was able to get the audience rating that Gravity Falls had, that we'd have a much deeper, far more complex MLP than we have now.

I still think comparing shows is incredibly unfair. That guy ruined that show for me, hence why I'm not watching it.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer

Oh, I love hyperboles! They're such fun little literary playthings~ "Yeah, pone ascends to godliness up in the heavens while Gravity Falls sinks deep into the bottom of that dark lake it supposedly blew MLP out of." Eeee, how fun~

In reality though, I'd put them on around equal ground. GF's one of the the popular recent western cartoons I actually like. I like both shows for different reasons.

GF's definitely worth a watch, Spider. Don't count it out cause somebody was a butt about it. A lot of people would've missed out on pony that way!

Dude if they're saying the show is dead then they're not part of the fandom. They're bandwagon-ers. Therefore the fandom does not think the show is dead. See: everyone else in this thread.

As for Nightmare Night at Dallas, I'll go if Espy and Slush would go but I'll doubt that'll happen. We're already attending San Japan for Smash, Espy would rather not a brony con, and maybe I prefer Fiesta Equestria for being in Houston, but I think it didn't do too well.

:phone:
Fiesta Equestria had issues with poor management and poor financial planning, so they're kinda hurting. Might take 'em a bit to recoup and fix their mistakes. Nightmare Nights is strong and going steady though. I'd like to go to it myself.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Zajice Zajice I know it is, because I have seen it, and it is fantastic, but I have no desire to finish it for a few reasons, most of which are personal. That one guy is the least of my issues, but it's the only one I can speak vocally about.

I just don't like comparing both shows, or really anything. It makes it unfair and won't allow it to stand on its own merits. That's just me, though.

Last edited:

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Not sure if Zaj's opinion put GF was lower than FiM or missed the cue that Espy's opinion had GF over FiM overall.
Or I'm just spouting **** just so I can

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I apologize for any problems I added. Stuff like this has been lingering on my mind for a while, and I didn't want to start anything. Sorry.

Element of Smash

Scrub Lord
The Apples, those war criminals.

Fiesta Equestria has pretty bad mgmt. Money problems from year 1. I mean, they did get Hey, Ocean! to play, and it was one of the best shows of my life! But they went way over budget with that. It just wasn't worth going to Houston for me after the second time around turned out to be so mediocre. I really do hate that city.
GF was amazing. I loved it dearly. And they actually ended it wonderfully.
I'm also really loving Steven Universe right now. The fandom at large is kinda trash, but the show itself is astonishingly profound, and invites it's fair share of introspection, criticism, and commentary artistic and social. Highly recommend.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Houston is so, so, so so so bad. If my friends that played Smash weren't so awesome I'd never visit. :applejack:

Yeah Steven Universe is another godlike show. I just wish episodes didn't take actual years to pump out. For 15 minute slots it's almost criminal. Also yeah never associate with the fandom. They're the only fandom I'm aware of that almost made an artist attempt suicide because she drew a character from the show with a different body type than what she canonically had. :applejack:

Element of Smash

Scrub Lord
Yeah Steven Universe is another godlike show. I just wish episodes didn't take actual years to pump out. For 15 minute slots it's almost criminal. :applejack:
Right?! 3 months of "I promise there are new episodes coming, please don't hurt us!", and were are just now finally getting new Steven Bombs.
But I am loving the new eps so far. So...whatever.

I'd love to go play Smash in Houston. Jake and Mojo are homies. But...I'd have to go to Houston, and I know they'll just come to Dallas. So why would I do that?

They're the only fandom I'm aware of that almost made an artist attempt suicide because she drew a character from the show with a different body type than what she canonically had. :applejack:
I...actually didn't know about that. Wonderful.

Last edited:

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
I only put up with Houston because most of my relatives from my dad's side lives there. They almost made me go to the 1st Fiesta Equestria because they were curious but I'm glad that fell through.

Most of the recent generation cartoons deserve praise. It's just the fandom is filed with new gen fools.

Element of Smash

Scrub Lord
I only put up with Houston because most of my relatives from my dad's side lives there. They almost made me go to the 1st Fiesta Equestria because they were curious but I'm glad that fell through.

Most of the recent generation cartoons deserve praise. It's just the fandom is filed with new gen fools.
The first FE was probably the only one worth going to tbh.

I'll probably be going to NMND, EFNW, and maybe BronyCon, if I can swing that many plane tickets. Between cons and tournaments, travel gets expensive,

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I like how that Legends of Everfree pretty much showed us all the important bits of the movie.
We've practically seen how this plays out now. :applejack:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Apparently that changeling can talk. Only Chrysalis can talk. WHAT IF CHRYSALIS CHANGED INTO A CHANGELING?

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
Juri released yesterday, my birthday is today, and more ponies on Saturday.

This is a good week. :3

Top Bottom