• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General 2: Resurrection

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It's also because when it's just about Spike, they tend to focus pretty much solely on how much of an asshole he can be. :applejack:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So while I was on MLP Forums earlier this morning, I came up with an interesting question.

"Where would you be if MLP FiM never existed?"

As for me, I think I'd be dead.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
I started playing the mobile app again months ago, then I got stuck with the "clear fruit bats" quest. Completed that, then another "clear fruit bats" came immediately after that. Rage quit again. This update might bring me back again. Customize the Twi.

And yes, they really made Spike more of the jack of all throw away plots. Being a "baby" dragon, they can make him do anything.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
I blew all my gems on pretty hairstyles for my ponies in that game though. Of course they cost gems too. I hate that game because of its mobile game syndrome, but I play it anyway.
I have a love-hate relationship with the game. I like it cuz ponies, but I hate it cuz it's a mobile game.
Also, I think you can get free gift boxes by watching videos now. I'm trying to save my gems for whenever Discord is available, so I'd rather watch the videos instead.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Progress Report 62. Season 3 Episode 10. Keep Calm and Flutter On

Okay, I did not see THAT coming. Fluttershy I can expect to be the lenient one, but on DISCORD out of all people? That made no sense at first, but still, I'm surprised it managed to even change him the slightest.

Still, I would be lying if I said I didn't understand the lesson one can learn from it, and I'm still pretty surprised the use of the Elements weren't needed.

Final score: 4/10.

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
Late arrival to the thread. Thank you for showing me this place Zajice Zajice .

So I got a question for all the bronies and pegasisters.

What are your plans for the wait for Season Six?
Watching seasons 1-5 again. And continuing to train at Smash.

Also doubles as my wait plan for case 2 of My Little Investigations.

So while I was on MLP Forums earlier this morning, I came up with an interesting question.

Well, I wouldn't be challenging peeps to random FT10 challenges and making them wear pony avs against their will after I win

Mostly though, aside from not having one of the few shows that I enjoy watching nowadays, I would have missed out on a lot of great fan projects, namely Turnabout Storm and My Little Investigations. The former of which being part of the reason I even became a fan of the show in the first place.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Am i the only one who was really disappointed with the production quality of turnabout storm?

The story was fine, but the animation choices were just abysmal and almost made me stop watching it. :applejack:

Last edited:

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
I came in with low expectations on the whole thing so the animation quality didn't bother me. I was actually an anti-brony at the time; was watching Phoenix Wright stuff on youtube so Turnabout Storm popped up in my recommendations at one point, wanted to see if it was as stupid as it sounded (this was about a year and a half ago, so Turnabout Storm was already finished by then). Ended up getting sucked into the story and the characters, and have been a brony ever since then. Well, sorta...pretty much only liked Rainbow Dash at first from that but started warming up to everything else once I began watching the show itself.

Aside from Pinkie Pie. Didn't like her in Turnabout Storm and I still don't like her in the show.

Last edited:

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Am i the only one who was really disappointed with the production quality of turnabout storm?

The story was fine, but the animation choices were just abysmal and almost made me stop watching it. :applejack:
I hate it as much. Granted y'all are already aware that I'm pretty against most kinds of OC and/or crossover animations as is.

Nothing different. Just wouldn't have MLP collectibles and wallpapers and my Saturday mornings wouldn't be pressured in missing an episode. My dA would be significantly less pony too.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Lemme clarify that when I said animation earlier in the day, I meant the direction they took the whole series. Phoenix Wright's always been this series riddled with over the top characters and ridiculous personalities that explode when under the pressures of courtroom drama, and everything about it was shown through the simple sprite animations/sound effects that played while the characters were on screen.

I mean, for everyone that watched all 5+ hours of Turnabout Storm (I blame the ridiculous length purely on a combination of the snail's pacing, the slow animation, and the long production time with voices and actual animations), can you honestly look at that series and tell me that it feels like something that could be in a Phoenix Wright game?

I mean, just off the top of my head, look at the crazy energy and mania the first game had in its final case:

It's insane. The music overlay, the audio from the speedy text, the character animations, everything about it just bursts with energy. Everything just feels alive and in a constant frenetic motion. Even down to the shaking text boxes and screens whenever something urgent is being said or done, and even down to the highlighted text for the major lines of dialogue.

Instead, we get this:

Where's that energy at? I can't find it anywhere. In its stead is a series of poorly delivered lines, bad audio from the voiceovers, varying volume control on said voiceovers, very little chaotic movement from the characters, and overall mediocre breakdowns, something the series is absolutely riddled it from Ace Attorney to Duel Destinies.

That's not even mentioning the typos and grammatical errors I caught watching the first ten minutes of that link. Hell, Phoenix and the Judge look hideous. They clash so much with the MLP styled characters. I know that that's somewhat the point, but their pixelated sprites look so bad mixed into the rest.

Just look at the difference in objections between Wright/von Karma and Wright/Trixie. It's just so weak in comparison.

The point is that it just doesn't feel like its a crossover that put much effort into intertwining the stylized drama of Phoenix Wright into the world of My Little Pony. Very little outside plot layout, bgms, and osts from the games are even used. It just feels like a long-winded incomplete mess that is only carried by its decent writing and modestly designed OCs.

There's so much they could've done better. You know what I miss the most now that I'm looking back at TS? Hearing the text audio bleep across the dialogue box, and hearing those not-so-subtle sound effects that corner every action and reaction in the original Ace Attorney series. I'd even let it slide if it didn't opt for sprite animation instead (which honestly might have been easier) if it opted out of voices outside of the OBJECTION, HOLD IT, and TAKE THAT clips.

Iunno. It was still fun to watch, but I just had this deep feeling of knowing that it could've been hundreds of times better if the creators actually tried to make it faithful to the series its crossing over into. There's simply not enough Phoenix Wright in the Phoenix Wright based story. :applejack:

Last edited:

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
What's everyone's favorite not-mane-character? We all know the best mane pony is
Pinkie Pie
anyway.

So I got a question for all the bronies and pegasisters.

What are your plans for the wait for Season Six?
Video games mostly with some Steven Universe on the side among a few other things.

At home playing video games probably

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Cannot believe you still have that broken font color ever since the move in 2012.

Ponies. Pony league nights when? 5v5 me bro, meow meow you can't.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'd do League nights, but not inhouses unless we get a Skype call going with everyone in it. :applejack:

Last edited:

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
What's everyone's favorite not-mane-character?
Trixie.

Granted half of that is probably from Turnabout Storm. Otherwise it would be Scootaloo, with Princess Luna coming in a close second.

Fair enough. As I mentioned though I didn't go in with high expectations and the issues I did see with it, I kinda just brushed off as it being a fan project.

Makes me wonder how well they could do with a sequel, though I don't think they plan to ever do one at this stage.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Progress Report 63. Season 3 Episode 11. Just for sidekicks

Not gonna lie here, Spike based episodes are still my least favorite at times, but this one wasn't too bad I guess. We finally got to see Winona and Tank again, which was nice, but it just got out of control until near the end when they all went on that train back to Ponyville. I laughed really hard when Winona barked in the train and Applejack joked about it, but other than that not much jokes going on here. And let me just say Angel was a total jerk in this one.

Final rating: 6/10

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
Cannot believe you still have that broken font color ever since the move in 2012.
Ponies. Pony league nights when? 5v5 me bro, meow meow you can't.
Actually was thinking back to the last time you mentioned this and tried to see if I was able to change it, but I believe I need to be premium to do that.

Also fine with league nights as well or whenever.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Damn I haven't been in this thread in forever. The Crimmis vids are pretty cool.

Did I miss something? I saw Season 1-4 and the two Equestria Girls movies.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Dang looks like I stopped at episode 13 of Season 5. No idea how that happened. Maybe I thought it was the finale? Guess I'll put it in the queue.

Last edited:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
There was a mini hiatus mid-5. Probably why.

Missed u Strong Babs~

Here's one in which LOTR Shire's orchestra teams up with AJ and AB to sing about how super alive their parents used to be.

Their parents are dead.

Thanks for bringing it up.

Real talk though, Ashleigh can sing, damn. Why is there a feelsy song in this pony Christmas album?

Last edited:

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
Those Christmas songs are great, though I do find it kinda funny that ponies are singing about it when they celebrate Hearth's Warming.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
I find it mildly annoying that the pony Christmas album released before Thanksgiving (on November 6th).
It'd made more sense if the Equestria Girls were singing this but I like ponies more, so eh.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
I prefer sooner merchandise. Better to have more time to decide whether to impulse buy or wait another day, each day.
Varied lyrics too, so a minor change could be acceptable.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Still waiting on Amazon to ****ing put up preorders for Season 5 DVDs. I blame the midseason break. :applejack:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Do the MLP DVDs come with extra content or anything? Or are they the equivalent of downloading the episodes and burning them onto a CD? :lol:

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
Fair point on the merchandise thing. I just get annoyed when they keep pushing Christmas stuff earlier and earlier for some reason :laugh:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Do the MLP DVDs come with extra content or anything? Or are they the equivalent of downloading the episodes and burning them onto a CD? :lol:
They usually come with Bronycon panel footage, and some of them have behind the scenes content and the like. It's the best quality you can find for the episodes too.

You CAN just download the 1080p episodes from elsewhere at the same quality without needing a disk to watch it, but unless you get the iTunes rips, you're gonna have to deal with either unedited commercials or the discovery logos everywhere. :applejack:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Progress Report 64. Season 3 Episode 12. Games Ponies Play

That was pretty great. I like how they made the episode so it was in the ponies point of view from last episode, but then again I'm surprised they couldn't have given Cloudsdale another chance after all these years to host the games. Seeing Shining Armor in that baseball cap was pretty neat too.

But how the Crystal Empire was the confirmed location of the Equestria Games in the end was pretty unexpected. I'd honestly cry if Cloudsdale was denied again.

Final score: 9/10

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
So when is Season 6 supposed to start? Or has a date not been confirmed yet.

Top Bottom