• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General 2: Resurrection

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
If you lost interest and your original reasons for watching was not enough, you probably won't enjoy yourself. Granted it's only 4 episodes in, surprises may await, but after 4 seasons, the excitement isn't add much add it was. I don't think I'll give up on it, but it's been too ingrained in my life that I see it as that it is my life. To ones own.
:phone:

Last edited:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Because after season 3, hasbro stopped going to the studio saying "put these toys in" and instead goes to the studio and asks "what do you have that we can make toys of."

And it's still one of the best cartoons on TV right now.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Dunno, both the Rainbow line and Cutie Mark Magic line seems like the Hasbro influence the show is forced to work with.
:phone:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Because after season 3, hasbro stopped going to the studio saying "put these toys in" and instead goes to the studio and asks "what do you have that we can make toys of."

And it's still one of the best cartoons on TV right now.
It's only competition is Steven Universe, Adventure Time, Regular Show, and Gravity Falls.
Even so, it's probably trailing all of those shows.

But it has ponies, so it's best. :applejack:

Unless you're talking about adult cartoons. Then there's a few more to add to the list.

Last edited:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'd say adult cartoons are a separate category. They're very different things.

I find ponies better than all of those, obviously, since I associate with it the most. I only really like Adventure Time and Gravity Falls, but neither enough to watch every episode. Regular Show lost it's charm pretty fast with me and I can't stand Steven Universe. I thought it was alright at first, but the more I see, the more I don't like it.

I think the reason for me is pone just has lots n lots of likable characters. I like almost every pony that isn't Shining Armor. Even one-off villains are likable, which is almost never the case in other cartoons. There's no character I really attach to in Adventure Time, I just like the style of humor. Gravity Falls has a couple, like Wendy, and the main two characters are charming. Regular Show characters are too one dimensional. And I dislike most everyone in Steven.

Pone also has the most interesting world. It's surprisingly fleshed out for a kid's cartoon. DEEPEST LORE.

Also ponies are cutest.

And also best animation.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Steven Universe surprised the **** out of me when we watched it at Tofer's. It easily has the darkest setting of anything I've watched since Adventure Time. :applejack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBRzC5cf9ZU
God. This scene was soooo gooood.

MLP has the smoothest animation, but definitely not the best.:applejack:

Last edited:

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
I'd SU for Pearl and maybe Garnet after less than several episodes, but haven't invested much. There's more buyable pony stuff atm.
The MLP IDW comics have a little too much freedom for my tastes.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Forgot I disabled autowatch in threads if I post in it. No wonder I been getting less alerts the past week or two.
SU seems like a nice show for tumblr people. Which isn't a good thing.

We should all watch Space Dandy. It ends and has no fanbase! Can't go wrong.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The IDW comics are fine, but I'm in the same boat as Beros.
Plus the fandering sticks out way, way too hard that it's kinda cringeworthy.

:applejack:

WalkOnARainbow

Smash Cadet
Hi everypony! Mind if I join in?:applejack:

This last episode with Apple Bloom and the Cute Mark Crusaders was my favourite.
Though, poor Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo had nightmares all night. And didn't get their cutie marks.

I really hope they get their cutie marks this season, now.

john!

Smash Hero
so guys, i was thinking... i have a pretty solid claim to being fluttershy's husbando, right? she's unequivocally been my favorite pony since like... early-mid season one. idk how waifu priority is determined, but if it's by seniority then i probably have that **** on lock.

Last edited:

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
You Prime Rei-gun
Dunno who else, but doubt the last two will fight for Fishy.

I still like Pinkie so she's still my main party ****
I believe ZzGashi also repped Fluttershy as well back then.

Other than a few random avis that I used here I've been repping Luna since when I first came to this site, which was mid season one.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Welp that hit a few Season 1 strings and (loosely) good ol' Rainbow arrogance and Applejack one-liner.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Pretty good episode. I can't remember the last time this show tugged so hard on my heartstrings like that ending did. Plus Applejack's stoicism got me. That whole scene was just beautiful.

Dash did feel painfully cuntish throughout most of the episode though. Way more than she really needed to be for this episode to work itself out the way it did. It felt unusual, even for her, and made it difficult to sympathize or whatever up until the resolution. Her antics were pretty fun and I did really enjoy the song. I hope this whole ordeal with Cloudsdale is built on in later episodes; it seems like a good place to pick up on Dash's road to becoming a Wonderbolt.

The other characters were pretty great though. This episode pleasantly surprised me.

Edit: Unexpected homage to ****-waffle.

Last edited:

yttik

Wow, this episode actually made me like Dash. Gonna have to rethink my 'best pone' tier list...

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
This episode was okay for me. There were some things that I liked tho like the whole bit with those pegasi and how it poked fun at their standard pony names. I wonder how many Game of Thrones related pics, gifs, vids are gonna be coming from this episode?

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Sweetie Belle and irony just go hand in hand.

Edit: Applejack has some strong limelight moments for little time.
SB feels a little more redeemed this time around.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Well, I missed the last 10 minutes of the new episode thanks to my computer deciding it's OS was corrupted (when it wasn't) and trying to force an auto restart which then looped between two screens. Thank you internet for helping me fix the bull**** problem.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Episode was good. More Braeburn/Silver Star is good.
CMC were kinda crap, but at least Sweetie had some visually nice moments.:applejack:

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I must be the only MLP fan that stopped caring about Mane6 at all once it stopped being about MLP.
Saw this up on reddit 2 weeks ago. Good for them. :applejack:

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Pretty sure a decent amount of us was only interested cause it used to be MLP. Otherwise it was another fighter, even though it only held interest by others just cause Laurent Faust was providing support.
MLP Fighting is Magic Fan Tribute got close enough, but then the feeling was gone.

Top Bottom