• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Goal with Ike.....

•Col•

Smash Champion
To kill someone with a fully charged Eruption.

So far, I've thought of a few things... Mostly involving teamates and such.... Marth doing his infinite grab release on Ness/Lucas... Or maybe something like Pikachu's chaingrab on Fox/Wolf.... Or Ike's "Penguin Throttle" glitch against DDD on Corneria...

So.... Does anyone have any other ideas to help me complete this goal? xD

Anything would be appreciated... =P

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
A lofty goal you've set for yourself there. I guess I'll give some pointers.

1) You actually shouldn't be aiming for a fully charged Eruption. You should be aiming for a Flash Eruption. You can do this by waiting just before the fully charged attack occurs. Ike will turn bright orange. Upon releasing the button, it will do 34% to them and 0% to you. As opposed to a fully charged Eruption, this will kill Mario off the top of Final Destination at 10%.

2) I've gotten one of those on a Meta Knight that I'd knocked far away, he floated near the corner, and when he tried to shuttle loop into me, died a very humorous death. Your best bet is to continue using Eruption as an edgeguard in singles.

3) In 2v2, of course, your listed things work. Do be careful to space so your team-mate doesn't die either, haha.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
well then I really can't help you, A fully charge eruption would seem like it could only be accomplished if everything went wrong for the opponent.

•Col•

Smash Champion
A lofty goal you've set for yourself there. I guess I'll give some pointers.

1) You actually shouldn't be aiming for a fully charged Eruption. You should be aiming for a Flash Eruption. You can do this by waiting just before the fully charged attack occurs. Ike will turn bright orange. Upon releasing the button, it will do 34% to them and 0% to you. As opposed to a fully charged Eruption, this will kill Mario off the top of Final Destination at 10%.

2) I've gotten one of those on a Meta Knight that I'd knocked far away, he floated near the corner, and when he tried to shuttle loop into me, died a very humorous death. Your best bet is to continue using Eruption as an edgeguard in singles.

3) In 2v2, of course, your listed things work. Do be careful to space so your team-mate doesn't die either, haha.
No. It must be fully charged.

It's much more shameful for the other person and much more satisfying/humorous for me and others. :p

EDIT: As for the edgeguarding... What character takes the longest to recover? I'm thinking it might be Luigi... I almost got a fully charged one off as and edgeguard against a Luigi in a serious match once... Anybody got any ideas that would make it even easier for me? Maybe Frigate Orpheon since there's no ledge on the right side....

In fact... How long does it take to fully charge Eruption?

flame013191

Smash Cadet
I think it takes about 4 and a half to 5 seconds to charge up completly. =P You might be able to do it to Luigi, Dedede, or maybe Diddy Kong.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Oh how that would be satisfying to hit with a full eruption, it sounds like to me Ike cries out "NOOOO!" when he thrashes his blade down.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I would also like to try that to. My best guesses on how to do this are

1. In a 2 vs 2 match

or

2. Mindgame them into dying from the Eruption.

Wanderer7

Smash Rookie
a fully charged erupt? allow me to introduce to you the Ice Climbers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD9UvR6H9q0

they will rack up damage, from one side of the screen to the next, when there is enough damage they will forward throw to you from a safe distance. you unleash the finisher. fully charged.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I got a fully charged neutral b with Roy once. The other person thought he was safe hanging on the edge, he wasn't. >_>

Your best bet is edgeguarding.

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
I've done it twice, all to the opponent's fault.

Once, it was Meta Knight, and he was trying to get tricky on the ledge to avoid getting damaged by Eruption, and I just held it there and he gave up and tried to climb up. His invincibility frames dodged the first few miliseconds of the fully charged Eruption's hitbox, but the hitbox lasted long enough for it to hit him and kill him instantly.

The other time was against R.O.B. Again, he was trying to get tricky by using his hover to keep from getting hit by Eruption, but he flew just close enough for the tip of the very top of the fully charged Eruption to hit him and he died.

Really, it just seems that it needs to be used as an edgeguard, and if they don't present an opening before the charge is over, then just let it go if it looks like they may be able to get hit by it. It's only 10% damage, tough it out.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I would like to hear Kirk's opinion on that.

Coincidentally Olimar is who we're brushing up on the match-up sticky.

And is it just me, or do the blast lines seems different to me? I am not sure if it's something with playing the actualy game and watching it, or for some reason I think they are shorter in the Japanese versions.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Oh hey! o-o Does that mean there's enough time to fully charge an Eruption if you break someone's shield?

That's what it looked like in that vid, at least....

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I can never break anybody's shield unless I'm Marth, and even then it still takes me some luck.

•Col•

Smash Champion
I can never break anybody's shield unless I'm Marth, and even then it still takes me some luck.
Yeah... Marth's shield breaker is crazy... xD

Still though... Shield Breaks DO happen every once in a while... Next time it happens, I'll get my chance to a fully charged eruption... >:]

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
This doesn't seem like something kirk would actually be into. He does love eruption but hitting with a fully charged one is like one of those wouldn't it be awesome if it happened. There isn't really anyway to set it up your opponent just has to be stupid.

Also there isn't enough time to charge eruption if a shield breaks it seemed like that guy either doesn't know how to gain control back when it does break of he didn't care.

•Col•

Smash Champion
This doesn't seem like something kirk would actually be into. He does love eruption but hitting with a fully charged one is like one of those wouldn't it be awesome if it happened. There isn't really anyway to set it up your opponent just has to be stupid.

Also there isn't enough time to charge eruption if a shield breaks it seemed like that guy either doesn't know how to gain control back when it does break of he didn't care.
Ah... Oh well...

Looks like I'll just have to do something in a team match, then... xD

Guilhe

Smash Ace
I’ve almost did it in an actual match. Luigi was charging his side B in a mobile platform while I was in the main body of the stage (a custom stage) charging Eruption. While I was charging Eruption, I remembered I would have to unleash it eventually while Luigi could hold his side B for as long as he likes it. So I’ve let go of it while it wasn’t too late. My mistake…

I forgot that when fully charged, the hit box from Eruption perpetuates for a longer time. If he was willing to punish me for using Eruption, he would release his side B immediately after I’ve let go of the B button (what he actually did), but then he was going to be hit anyway by the perpetuated hit box (which I believe he didn’t know about). I lost the opportunity for such an epic blow…

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Hey Guilhe, don't worry about it, at least you had that chance, the closest I've ever come to a planned Full Eruption was just punishing a Jigglypuff's rest, but sadly I had to let go or I knew I was going to get something before Ike could drop Ragnell to the floor. :(

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Haha, I managed to pull off a fully charged Eruption online just today, just felt like saying it.

Of course, the match was over 5 minutes, so I couldn't save it. Actually, I use Ocarina so I can save replays of any length! My mission now is actually uploading it, as I don't have a capture card (It was a good, close match regardless of the Eruption kill).

Top Bottom