• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My first tournament tomorrow... olimar or game and watch??

Yambert

Smash Rookie
I'm about equal skill level both, my 2 best characters for sure.

Olimar is super unpredictable and spammy... but he's gimped so easily.

He can camp opponents with pikmin but he doesn't have a tech chase like game..

I love juggling with olly's up smash and up air but nothing beat's the turtle bair approach.

I CANT DECIDE

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Use your knowledge of your opponent as the key to choosing a character if you think it'll be of any help. Nobody said you can't alternate between both. =P

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Hello there my suggestion would be instead of boasting their strengths find their weaknesses. This way you can visualize how they would react if they encounter different types of enemies. I usually do that if I go to a tournament and cannot decide what to use during the tournament. I hope this helps you let me know.

Thai Slim | goji juice benefits
this is probably the first time a ****ing bot contributed to a thread

****ING LOL

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'm about equal skill level both, my 2 best characters for sure.

Olimar is super unpredictable and spammy... but he's gimped so easily.

He can camp opponents with pikmin but he doesn't have a tech chase like game..

I love juggling with olly's up smash and up air but nothing beat's the turtle bair approach.

I CANT DECIDE
Number one rule: Depends if you're playing for money or not. Olimar is an overall better character, and you shouldn't be getting gimped if you're camping with Toss and playing your ground game correctly. G&W i has quite a bit of priority, and 9 Judgment is ****. He also has somewhat more KO potential over Olimar.

Blissard

Smash Lord
I think the KO power for them both is about the same, since both their smashes have out of the wazoo power for tiny (err...flat) people. It really depends on the MU's, and also, your mood XD If you feel like spamming stuff with huge hitboxes and grabbing everywhere, use Oli. G&W is more closed range, but his aerials are f***in **** (for the most part...).

And of course, don't do stupid things like running into Luigi's with Oli...

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
pick gaymen watch, he is the most annoying character to verse ever.

Life

Smash Hero
Try MK.

Failing that, I'd suggest switching between the two depending on stages. I'm not sure which of the two is better on any given stage though I imagine GnW is better on counterpicky stages and Oli is better for flat stuff--I could be wrong tho.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
G&W man.He is FAR harder to kill and his recovery and aerials ****.

Also, InferiorityComplex.

Your avatar ALWAYS reminds me of this.

Life

Smash Hero
I meant better than GnW. Good to know tho.

Also, @Lord Megatron: Glad you noticed. Is photoshop (actually GIMP in my case, potato potahto) not a wonderful thing?

Dynamite

Smash Apprentice
Pick Ganon.

Lol. But seriously I think G&W is the better choice. Good air game, good ground game, and has a reliable recovery.

Top Bottom