• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My fellow Zelda mains, I have a problem

Dayzin

Smash Journeyman
Play defensive.
Don't charge in until you see an opening and your average opponent will be foolish enough to give you one after a while.
If the distance is short enough, then Hyphen Smash.
Zelda's U smash has a disjointed hitbox, it can easily drag anyone into it, and it's powerful.
Or you could roll dodge near then and d smash then hug.
Plus if your playing defensively, you can reflect any projectile back at them with Naryu's sweet Love, that puts you at a good advantage.
If you got the balls, then Hyphen Smash, if not then spam Din's passionate Fire until they try to close in, then Hyphen Smash.
Remember, Defense is the best Offense.

And there is no problem with being predictable, as long as you have your game set.
Also be wise to remember that predictable does not always mean avoidable.
Idk, i do good when i approach with zelda, only time i camp is if there offstage thats when i blast with dins. There is truth to what u are saying though, if your not somewhat defensive with zelda you won't do good.

Paladinight

Smash Apprentice
Over there! no, no, the one on the left or is it t
Ummm.....I don't like know much, but I fight like 2 campers weekly and all I can say is use 'unique` approaches. One time (only did this out of pure luck) I ledgewarped into a sweetspotted bair on a Pikachu.

But since you transform when they are killing percent just SHAD and if you get hit try to shrug off the little damage and land a fresh u-smash or d-smash.

Also how do you DPC?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I usually camp & try to bait my opponent with Din's, but some characters can absorb Din's, so it's not really the best way.

I've tried hitting the control stick up & C-stick down simultaneously, which gives Zelda this floaty, jump attack thingy, & it worked sometimes. Idk if that helps <_<

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I don't main with Zelda, but she is a choice I would play.

Try getting Nairs in. They seem to have a protective veil around her sides for some time if you short hop it.
It's kind of difficult attempting to approach with N-airs.

Although the hit box is pretty decent, as it surrounds almost completely all of Zelda's body, there are two vital weaknesses.

1) The range is pathetic. If you're trying to approach with N-air, a person with a longer range can easily counter than, ie characters with swords, or long kicks, specifically Marth's F-air.
2) When you land, you're vulnerable, especially since it's combined with the tiny range. You'd have to short hop in a mind rambling manner, & time it accordingly.

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
N-air isn't a good approach, like Kaffei said.

It has not-that-good priority. I'd hate to FF-nair on someone with a good u-smash/tilt...

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
It'd be hilarious if a Zelda tried to approach with a FFN-air at a high % and then be U-tilted by Snake. looool XD

So anyways....don't use FFN-air or N-air as a realiable approach =)

XD

Kaffei

Smash Hero
It'd be hilarious if a Zelda tried to approach with a FFN-air at a high % and then be U-tilted by Snake. looool XD

So anyways....don't use FFN-air or N-air as a realiable approach =)

XD
Anyone who would use that technique in a serious manner to approach would probably lose. Rofl.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Oh my gosh...
I just played an incredibly grounded and campy olimar in tournament and got 2 stocked almost every game. I even went shiek and I don't even know shiek that well :O

I'm so sad =(

But everytime I get like this I get this determination to beat that type of character EVERY SINGLE TIME! Count on me to be testing all of Zelda's options against that awful weed and its grass minions XD

The amount of times I spammed din's! I felt like a spammer myself but I had no approach and no sense of direction!

...........Any tips? ;D

-Mars-

Smash Hero
No, Olimar is one of Zeldas toughest matchups. I try to use some Farore's for mindgames and such and occassionally i'll approach with lightning kicks.

Safest approach against Olimar is a methodical powershielding walking approach. This isn't particularly safe either due to his massive grab range and general range on most of his attacks.

Try to get into fsmash range and work from there, there really isn't all that much you can do.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Marsalus you seem to know sheik quite well?
Any tips on defeating Olimar with Sheik? Apparently they break quite even (so I've heard).

I'm just SO glad Zelda has Shiek :)

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Marsalus you seem to know sheik quite well?
Any tips on defeating Olimar with Sheik? Apparently they break quite even (so I've heard).

I'm just SO glad Zelda has Shiek :)
Nair to jabs.......works everytime. Nair goes through Pikmin spam or most of whatever else he has for anti-air options. Immmediately jabbing also prevents you from being grabbed; unlike most grabs, Olimar doesn't have the usual grab armor. Jab cancel into whatever you like then rinse and repeat.

Sheik edgeguards him very well, dsmash sets up perfectly for that. Olimar players will use the whistle to try and avoid the gimp so nair is your best option offstage. Double jump nair and then chain hog....actually harder than it sounds.

Needle camping is viable as well. He's going to have some problems working around it so mix in some needles whenever you can

Villi

Smash Lord
Get the pikminz off of you with Zelda's nair if you use her instead of Sheik. She doesn't have it tooo bad, but I dunno much about the matchup. I do know that nair is a non-elemental attack, so it'll get rid of yellow pikmin.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
nayru's knocks them off too as long as they aren't stuck on the top of your head, and it'll protect from getting more stuck on you.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I used nair and nayru's a lot, but he would either run under me to USmash (if I did SH nair), or punish the ending lag of nayru's with a grab.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I used nair and nayru's a lot, but he would either run under me to USmash (if I did SH nair), or punish the ending lag of nayru's with a grab.
Get far away before you use N-air or Nayru's.
That's easier said than done, but bleh.

One thing for sure, don't let the pikmin get to you in the first place.

Top Bottom