• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My fellow Young Link mains, I have a high level of sodium content. EXTRA SALTY

rhan

Smash Hero
Young Link + Link = Greatness.

See me and Shaeman. We're winning Pound 5...

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Young Link
Game & Watch
Zelda / Roy / Mewtwo (seriously have no idea how to order these three)

IMO

Butttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Tournament results looooooooooool

I'm gonna go on record saying I proposed that we abolish our current method of making the tier list and do it purely off matchups.

rhan

Smash Hero
rhan are there and vids of you and RC?
We wasn't on a recording station. But we did play against HBox and his partner whoever he was.. That match was pretty funny. Just as RC about it lmao

Was it Combo Beasting matches!? Or like camp mind games matches!?
More milk was drank in those matches then anything else.

Young Link
Game & Watch
Zelda / Roy / Mewtwo (seriously have no idea how to order these three)

IMO

Butttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Tournament results looooooooooool

I'm gonna go on record saying I proposed that we abolish our current method of making the tier list and do it purely off matchups.
KK get a strike going to repeal this dumb list...

rhan

Smash Hero
So.... they steal your tier template... made ******* tweaks to it.. and kicked you out of the back room?

**** this community...

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
loooool

they didn't kick me out

i left :p

andddddddddddddddd i didn't really bother arguing most of the tweaks so i'm to blame too, don't get the wrong idea lawl

rhan

Smash Hero
loooool

they didn't kick me out

i left :p

andddddddddddddddd i didn't really bother arguing most of the tweaks so i'm to blame too, don't get the wrong idea lawl
The crap? lol

I don't understand why you'd just leave..

rhan

Smash Hero
I'm already registered for Pound 5. And I'm buying the hotel rooms probably in the next two weeks lol

I usually hear about a tourney from all over. I wans't trying to be rude in my last post.

But I might head to RoM3. I forgot what the date for it was though.. If it's in November I get my weekends back so I'll more then likely attend if I got a ride.

SSBM_Sora

The Yung God
I'm already registered for Pound 5. And I'm buying the hotel rooms probably in the next two weeks lol

I usually hear about a tourney from all over. I wans't trying to be rude in my last post.

But I might head to RoM3. I forgot what the date for it was though.. If it's in November I get my weekends back so I'll more then likely attend if I got a ride.
Oh its fine. What state is Pound 5 and RoM3 in?
I want to see if i can atleast spectate!

rhan

Smash Hero
I wanna go to pound 5 soooo bad. its in Feb right? in Arlington? how close is hampton to arlington?
Yes in Feb. And Arlington is like close to borderline MD/VA. Near the capital.

From where I'm at it's a 3 - 4 hour drive.

Oh its fine. What state is Pound 5 and RoM3 in?
I want to see if i can atleast spectate!
Pound 5 is in VA. Borderline MD/VA.

RoM3 is in NY.

SSBM_Sora

The Yung God

Yes in Feb. And Arlington is like close to borderline MD/VA. Near the capital.

From where I'm at it's a 3 - 4 hour drive.

Pound 5 is in VA. Borderline MD/VA.

RoM3 is in NY.

Hmm Rhan, any pointers on Young Link against Peach and Jiggs besides Uair and Dair?

rhan

Smash Hero
Hmm Rhan, any pointers on Young Link against Peach and Jiggs besides Uair and Dair?
Bombs are your best friend. Boomerang is your buddy.

Against Peach you wanna keep her above you. Kinda like vs Samus you don't want her on the ground. Camping projectile and playing hit and run works well. It can infuriate them or cause them to play very defensively. Bombs are mainly used for keeping you alive (If you happen to still be holding on to one when you're knocked away), pressure upon shield (Dropping from above or on the shield), and to set up for uair/dair. Boomerang works better if she's like floating in the air yet away from you. Just throw the boomerang up and at her. This will force her to back up in her float. If she happens to get hit it's like a bomb. It leads into a uair/dair if you're close enough to follow up. Nair is a good way to approach too. It's our highest priority move. SHFFL Nairs work wonders too.

Against Jiggs. Same strat. Camp camp camp. Uairs/Dairs are the best killers. Nair works wonders. Except Jiggs plays more in the air. So boomerangs angled upward is more effective then trying to chuck bombs at her. If either or projectile connects then you can follow up if you're close enough to. Jiggs has some priority in her fair and nair to hit the boomerang back though. So that's something to watch out for. If she misses a rest punish it with Dair and nothing else.

Hope that little bit of info helped... Kinda just got off work and tired...

I should be at Pound 5 for sure as well. I live in MD/VA. Arlington is like 20 minutes away from me. :p
You **** right you should!

Zone

Smash Champion
Although I believe young link kicks zeldas butt. But she handles peach just as well as you guys and although I hear falcon isn't so bad for you guys but falco isn't so bad for us.

We have just as much chance beating marth as you guys we have a really easy time with ice climbers. I also believe we can do about just as you guys vs puff. I can accept that you can handle fox better cuz fox can combo us just as good as he combos peach. Most of those lower tiers we dominate just simply by
Having marth type range with our kicks. Zelda gets hard ***** IMO only by shiek falcon and a fox who knows the matchup.

SSBM_Sora

The Yung God

Bombs are your best friend. Boomerang is your buddy.

Against Peach you wanna keep her above you. Kinda like vs Samus you don't want her on the ground. Camping projectile and playing hit and run works well. It can infuriate them or cause them to play very defensively. Bombs are mainly used for keeping you alive (If you happen to still be holding on to one when you're knocked away), pressure upon shield (Dropping from above or on the shield), and to set up for uair/dair. Boomerang works better if she's like floating in the air yet away from you. Just throw the boomerang up and at her. This will force her to back up in her float. If she happens to get hit it's like a bomb. It leads into a uair/dair if you're close enough to follow up. Nair is a good way to approach too. It's our highest priority move. SHFFL Nairs work wonders too.

Against Jiggs. Same strat. Camp camp camp. Uairs/Dairs are the best killers. Nair works wonders. Except Jiggs plays more in the air. So boomerangs angled upward is more effective then trying to chuck bombs at her. If either or projectile connects then you can follow up if you're close enough to. Jiggs has some priority in her fair and nair to hit the boomerang back though. So that's something to watch out for. If she misses a rest punish it with Dair and nothing else.

Hope that little bit of info helped... Kinda just got off work and tired...

You **** right you should!

Ahh thanks, i'm just using all the pointers i get from different Young Links and see what i can do.

Moncus

Smash Rookie
Man what you said about young link being not a good character makes me go think wtf. Are you serious? I kick so much *** with young link i cant get over it. If your good enough you can overcome whatever they throw at you. Ive been playing with YL for 10 years--- i've got every move down by heart and act very precisely. I've never participated in a torny tho sadly : ( my bloods pumping to see where i rank up and how many i can take down with YL and make them think :psycho:wtf:psycho:

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
well it's hard to say you kick *** if you havent been to a tourny. for instance, Ive been playing sheik since the game came out, but shes only my third best. thats just how it is.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
I'll be playing my first unofficial tourny with ylink the 9th of october. its a smashfest featuring the best of Missouri at my house. and ill use him at hot dickings remix in st. louis.

SSBM_Sora

The Yung God
Hopefully i go to MassMadness on Oct 2 and use young link there.
If not, I'll use him at Souper Bowl.
Anyways, i was playing KDJ's Fox today and he ***** me. Nair all my boomerang and dodged my arrows and bomb. I got *****.
I want to do it again..

Laijin

Smash Hero
Hey guys. First off, I'd like to say I won a small local tournament yesterday with my Young Link. To be fair, I did use Sheik for half the tournament, but I played Young Link only in grand finals. In GFs, where I was really warmed up I did some absolutely **** combos. Can't wait to see the vids.

I remember one combo I did was like several u-airs on the platoform in Pokemon Stadium into a d-air. Because of his DI and the fact he was using Fox(fast faller), I was able to continue my u-airs by dropping through the platform as he was about to hit it and doing another u-air underneath him as I was falling through and repeat until I felt his percentage was high enough for a d-air. =)

I'll post up vids as soon as I see them up

Top Bottom