• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Fellow Link Users

Link Lord

Smash Journeyman
In a place where people are tortured endlessly and
Who hasn't been lost to Toon Link?
Who thinks Link isn't bad at all, and is actually great when practiced and utilized correctly?
Who despises Toon Link with all their heart and soul? (<-Not me anymore.)

And finally, who still uses Link, despite any difficulties?

Lucrece

Smash Apprentice
I can't be sure about Link's overall effectiveness; I use him after my Samus and Zelda/Sheik.

Of those, the only one I can answer with any certainty is that I despise Toon Link. What an atrocious piece of design, a waste of resources.

MrPhox

Tamed Beast
NNID
Mr.Phox
3DS FC
0318-7803-7610
aye aye!

i truly do believe link has potential.

the problem about link is that he can never be strongly powered in any one direction.
speed, knockback, range, priority, area, projectile, damage, weight, recovery etc....

he is not about any one attribute, he is about a delicate balance of all his resources.

he is the man who has the right tool for the job, you just have to know when to use it. I think that takes more learning.

And granted, you can say the same about him in melee, that doesn't change his tier position.

But I do believe in him. He has the most appliable ATs and tricks IMO.

the link that I have been working on since march 9th is actually more tricky and technical than the one of melee. Not many people listened when I talked about a specific technique, so now I'm spending my time harnessing it's possibility. I don't know if anybody can actually perform this technique as good as I can or if anybody is even using it at all. It is harder to perform than wavedashing in melee. Soon I will have a video up of a link that seems different than some of the ones we've been seeing on this forum lately. Then we can judge.

oh...and the technique CAN'T be used by toon link. So it's a link specific trick!

Izaw

Smash Ace
Yea Link awesome :D but I need like 1h warmup before i really get good :p

DivineBlade

Smash Apprentice
Even though his recovery is atrocious and he lacks range with close combat. I will continue to use him.

Seventh Sword

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1951-0055-5151
Link is the Hero of Time. 'nuff said <3 (Link probably won't be top tier, but I find him to be more dependent on the talent of the player, much like Mario was in Melee, and may still be in Brawl ~o-o~).

PeeP

Smash Apprentice
What Link has lost in skill (Recovery any1?) he has made up in awesomeness.

Toon Link sucks. He is a cartoon! Who would play with a cartoon when they could play with the hero of time?

And yes I despise Toon Link AND Toon Link's rip-off of all of Link's costume. DARK TOON LINK?! Its disgusting!

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one who realizes it's possible to main Link while NOT utterly despising TL? Sure, I'd've picked Midna over him (or this guy, if it had to be a cel-shaded character), but it still doesn't change that TL's probably the best Link in the Smash Bros. series as of yet. But guess what? I don't main him. I don't even play him for fun. His statistics just don't fit my preference, normal Link still does.

Aurashade

Smash Ace
THE HALL OF FAME WHERE THE COOL PEOPLE GO
I love Link and Toon Link. they're basically the same character (not game wise, I'm saying they're both link) so if you hate one you hate both. Also, it should be link and older link. the younger version (not in this case, but in melee's) was the original, not the older Link.

Link Lord

Smash Journeyman
I love Link and Toon Link. they're basically the same character (not game wise, I'm saying they're both link) so if you hate one you hate both. Also, it should be link and older link. the younger version (not in this case, but in melee's) was the original, not the older Link.
Well, the main reason I hate TL is because we've lost so many Link mains to him. Whenever I play a Wi-fi match, there's a huge chance that I'll be fighting a TL. Then, there's an extremely minimal chance of me fighting a normal Link. I miss the people who actually train with Link to put up a challenge instead of TL users who just spam the D-Air.

I'm fine with people like you though, Aurashade, who use both and don't think one is better than the other because one takes less time to get used to, and therefore become good with.

I guess I just need some reassurance that there are still Link users/mains.

Aurashade

Smash Ace
Well, the main reason I hate TL is because we've lost so many Link mains to him. Whenever I play a Wi-fi match, there's a huge chance that I'll be fighting a TL. Then, there's an extremely minimal chance of me fighting a normal Link. I miss the people who actually train with Link to put up a challenge instead of TL users who just spam the D-Air.

I'm fine with people like you though, Aurashade, who use both and don't think one is better than the other because one takes less time to get used to, and therefore become good with.

I guess I just need some reassurance that there are still Link users/mains.
I think people should be able to play whoever the hell they want to, and you shouldn't hate a character for that, it seems to stupid to do such a thing. If anything, you hate the people who switch.

Link Lord

Smash Journeyman
I think people should be able to play whoever the hell they want to, and you shouldn't hate a character for that, it seems to stupid to do such a thing. If anything, you hate the people who switch.
...Man, you're ALWAYS right.

I guess I should stop despising him.

I'll even try to edit all of my posts saying that was my old opinion when I find the time. ...:grin::bee::):ohwell::urg:

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Link is a beast if the person using him knows how to use him properly given the match. Or that has enough talent. As for Toon Link, I love the little fella'. The reason I main Link to begin with is how much I love the LoZ series, and I like Toon Link just as much as Link.

As for difficulties... just tough through them! Get over the obstacle or get over yourself! That's what Link was built for.

foolmasterz

Smash Apprentice
I love Link! I will never sway from him. he will always be my main.
P.S. i dislike young link with a determined ferocity.
I've been using Link since the OLD days. If your good with link, hes nearly unbeatable. the only reason he is low teir is because people don't know how to use him correctly.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
foolmasterz: spoken like a true ignorant fanboy. ^_^

Seriously, I love link. i've been neglecting him for other chars (bowser, G&W, wario) and I need to brush up on the ATs, (due to lack of my own game/wii), but I've trying being decent with him ever since 64, when all I did was spam down B, up b, and jab.

But also, don't hate toon link. He's a different char, that plays enough differently that you shouldn't be *****ing.

MetalFace

Smash Rookie
I have used Link since 64. He has been my childhood really, with the ocarina of time being the first zelda game I played. I´m a super zelda fan. Sadly, and I don´t know why I say it, but I feel this Link is akward. I don´t have the fun I had playing with him in melee. Although I still use him, I use Ike more, as you can see. Also, don´t hate TL, he is as much a Link as the Hero of Time, although he will never be beaten (FTW).

foolmasterz

Smash Apprentice
Its not htat i hate people that use TL, its just that i dislike his move set BECAUSE i was expecting a pretty much complete Link clone, but im really akward with his aerials and i just cant use him very well. I am completely ignorant of TL because i never use him cos im just no good with him.

Warriors

Smash Journeyman
Link is the best character in this game, no doubt
I will always main Link

lots of love to the other characters though, even toon Link
who I don't hate that much

MetalFace

Smash Rookie
Not really crying, just pointing out what bothers me. And I dunno bout the complete clone thing, that´s probably why they took out Roy and Dr. Mario, but I unno really.

KratosAurion192

Smash Ace
Who hasn't been lost to Toon Link?
Who thinks Link isn't bad at all, and is actually great when practiced and utilized correctly?
Who despises Toon Link with all their heart and soul? (<-Not me anymore.)

And finally, who still uses Link, despite any difficulties?

I've been lost XD

I declared TL as my main but I still use Link.
I think you just have to be really **** smart to win.
Why hate toon link in all of his lack of pig catching?

EDIT: Why is there so much hate on TL anyway? People should be rejoicing that SOME form of link has potential to be top tier....

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
I like Link better. Toon Link has some *****ing recovery and an equally *****ing air game though. I dislike his sword range/weight/projectiles though.

MetalFace

Smash Rookie
oh my god who cares they're just characters you're acting like they're political figureheads for god's sake.
Well maybe people are trying to decide which character to pick .What do you care if we do talk about them by the way?

P.S. **** politics .

Aurashade

Smash Ace
Well maybe people are trying to decide which character to pick .What do you care if we do talk about them by the way?

P.S. **** politics .
shut up

they're characters in a video game, for christ's sake. Not only that, but their original form are extremely alike. You have to make a big deal about it, acting like it's a nuclear meltdown or some garbage. People should just play whoever the **** they want to and not play "top tier" characters and just play who they Like. That's what I do and I can kick all your ***** at this game with one of the worst characters.

Tubs_linkstar

Smash Rookie
yea screw toonlink ive been loyal to link since 64 ... should be top tier or at least mid ... so underrated lol

foolmasterz

Smash Apprentice
jeez Aurashade. It is just a game. if people want to have discussions about it, thats their choice. no need to be a jerk about it. Perhaps we think it fun. something to do in our spare time. no need to ***** out at everyone.

KratosAurion192

Smash Ace
yea screw toonlink ive been loyal to link since 64 ... should be top tier or at least mid ... so underrated lol
I thought this was really, really funny....

The way I see it Toon Link is STILL LINK. Hell even their games are run on the same engine. It was my same feeling with Link and Ylink in melee, and those two were even in the same game!

People that hate TL right now, I can only think of two reasons:

1. They are one of the ******* who thought WW was dumb just because of the graphics (come on people! Graphics don't make a game!)
2. They are just jealous TP Link isn't getting as much praise.

It took what? 4 fails with Links (although I still believe after watching the uprising of Ylink near the end of melee I think as more players became smarter with his projectiles we would have seen him higher than Link as well) to get one that has at least POTENTIAL for something greater than just mid-teir. Be HAPPY one of them might at least have some glory before we find out how fox is broken this time around...

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
**** you guys i play brawl with the mario kart weel
**** that's more hardcore than playing with the Wii zapper =[
Well, it's about time I learned Brawl with the Wii fitness board!

PS. **** this TP vs Toon Link in Brawl discussion.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Heck I saw a Link get a 0% kill once. He through his windrang (whatever it's really called) at the start of the match at a DK charging his punch, some reason instead of hitting him it just pushed him off the edge, so funny so so funny :p

Top Bottom