• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Falcon Vids/Critique Thread

Roneblaster

Smash Hero

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Your spacing sucks. Work on it.

Other than that, it's hard to say anything because you're not playing against anyone very good.

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
Your spacing sucks. Work on it.

Other than that, it's hard to say anything because you're not playing against anyone very good.
well.. thats a little harsh.. ok man. first of all you need to move around a lot more, don't be so stiff, and against a falco use the driver a little more. I see your not shuffling all the time either. If there is any advanced technique you want to get down with ANY character its shuffling. Rubyris is right though, spacing comes from moving around a lot but not stupidly moving around. U have to move around smartly, and with falcon you have to nair more. The guy you were playing was not a really good falco so you couldn't understand what happens when you stay in one spot and shield with falco. Falco will tear falcons apart if ur spacing is off. Also don't try to be flashy with knees off the edge unless you know you can get to them especially with a falco, because if a falco phantasms to recover and your trying to be captain america off the edge, "somebody going to get a hurt"

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
well.. thats a little harsh.. ok man. first of all you need to move around a lot more, don't be so stiff, and against a falco use the driver a little more. I see your not shuffling all the time either. If there is any advanced technique you want to get down with ANY character its shuffling. Rubyris is right though, spacing comes from moving around a lot but not stupidly moving around. U have to move around smartly, and with falcon you have to nair more. The guy you were playing was not a really good falco so you couldn't understand what happens when you stay in one spot and shield with falco. Falco will tear falcons apart if ur spacing is off. Also don't try to be flashy with knees off the edge unless you know you can get to them especially with a falco, because if a falco phantasms to recover and your trying to be captain america off the edge, "somebody going to get a hurt"
Flying knees off the stage is SUUUUUPER good against Falco. Even if it's just a weak knee, it's a guaranteed kill against Falco due to how absolutely terrible his recovery is, but again, this falls under "your spacing sucks, work on it."

Standing still is bad, you're completely right, and I'll expand upon this. Falcon wants to be facing Falco as much as he possibly can. If you're stuck in your shield facing away from Falco, you're now his *****, and he's free to manipulate you to his whims. Falcon has 0 OOS options against a good Falco when facing away from him, which forces him to roll. In this situation, Falco is at liberty to dictate where you roll, and punish accordingly, which leads to more, and more damage.

I wasn't being rude, or at least I wasn't trying to be rude with my original post, but blunt honesty is the best way to get a message across.

Another thing that would help immensely in my opinion is finding someone within your general skill level, but better. Someone who can competently punish you for your bad spacing, and habits. This will help you realize exactly what you're doing wrong much faster than with who you're currently playing with.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
you werent being rude ruby. you were speaking what you felt.

yeah i know i need to play some1 better, but theres only 1 person in my area whos a better overall player than me.

i know i tend to flail around the stage like a re-re, is the best way to stop doing that is to get beaten and adjust accordingly?

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
you werent being rude ruby. you were speaking what you felt.

yeah i know i need to play some1 better, but theres only 1 person in my area whos a better overall player than me.

i know i tend to flail around the stage like a re-re, is the best way to stop doing that is to get beaten and adjust accordingly?
even if you aren't beaten, as long as he's able to punish you for it, you'll begin to improve.

Unfortunately that guy never punished you. :\

Tweeker

Smash Rookie
at low percent, n-air to grab. high percent n-air to up-air to up-air or knee. try that a little more, just dont fast fall and watch your DI wile doing the n-air.

Ryzol_

Smash Apprentice
Greenville, SC (school) Charlotte, NC(break)
In the first match against Ham you should have done 1 grab attack -> uthrown at 0:40. Would have probably gotten you a knee, and you could have at least gotten a uair.

Don't throw out sideB randomly. There is this part midway through the match where you sideB and you are so far away Ham doesn't need to move or shield for it to miss. You were very lucky he didn't grab you afterwards. When you start getting hit for jumping so much, you need to jump less and DD camp more.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Don't throw out sideB randomly. There is this part midway through the match where you sideB and you are so far away Ham doesn't need to move or shield for it to miss. You were very lucky he didn't grab you afterwards. When you start getting hit for jumping so much, you need to jump less and DD camp more.
This is great advice, the problem is im very aware i need to stop doing these, but i still do it!

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Yo dude one thing i remember when playing you is that you just sorta throw aerials out there, and with falcon, that's not the smartest thing to do.

You need to try to bait your opponent into attacking you with DD, empty sh, wavelands and what not.

Also, IIRC, your tech patterns were pretty predictable, but that comes with just experience.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Yo dude one thing i remember when playing you is that you just sorta throw aerials out there, and with falcon, that's not the smartest thing to do.

You need to try to bait your opponent into attacking you with DD, empty sh, wavelands and what not.

Also, IIRC, your tech patterns were pretty predictable, but that comes with just experience.
I throw arials out there and unlike the saying "don't afraid of anything," I am scared shitless. I will give advice later. Maybe, tomorrow.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
im uploading videos from 2 tournaments that happened to today, ill try to put the links up, but im feeling awfully lazy right now.

edit i won both tourneys

lololol

Tweeker

Smash Rookie
it looks like your shielding to much. get yourself stuck in one spot. try moving or jumping first and shield when needed. also try to reflect lasers by barely tapping the shield. dont be afraid to go in with an attack, even if he shields you can jab.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I feel like I saw a lot of nairs that were kinda just there for the sake of throwing out an aerial. I had this bad habit, and I still have to remind myself not to do it. I guess the point is make every nair have a solid purpose to it. Jump way out at opponents, then nair + DI back (or overshoot) instead of jumping into an immediate nair while DI'ing towards them (this gets you grabbed)

Top Bottom