• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My falco (new vids 1/18/09)

Denzi

Smash Master
I only watched a couple of them; I'll watch more later.

I really liked the walljump things you were doing (although you messed up with walljump > SHDL a couple of times), I've never seen some of those done before. I also liked how you used LHDL; I haven't seen many people using that either.

Walking CG > Rinning CG.

All I can think of for now, nice Falco.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I use walking CG when im close to the edge, and running CG when im far away (to get to the edge in time), and sometimes ill do both in one chaingrab

Vlade

Social Outcast
I watched your 14th match against Kown's pit. I thought you did a good job.

Just some things that I'll point out though. You seemed to be struggling with your options OoS. Remember that you can jump straight OoS, and I don't think I ever saw you do that. Correct me if I'm wrong. Also remember that Dsmash out of shield or spotdodge is good; you seemed to use utilt a lot after spotdodges which is easier to shield and punish against an attentive player.

Sexy 0-death on the first stock ;) I thought you were getting frustrated with pit's arrows which was going to set the tone for the match, but you managed to turn the tables with that surprise. I think it was your first stock you died because you were getting hit by arrows off-stage and you tried to reflector. Just keep you recovery simple by getting to the ledge ASAP so that pit doesnt have enough time to let loose with his projectile.

But overall I think you have a fantastic falco, just work on those OoS options and you'll be doing even better.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Just some things that I'll point out though. You seemed to be struggling with your options OoS. Remember that you can jump straight OoS, and I don't think I ever saw you do that. Correct me if I'm wrong. Also remember that Dsmash out of shield or spotdodge is good; you seemed to use utilt a lot after spotdodges which is easier to shield and punish against an attentive player.
Uptilt out of spotdodge is much better than Dsmash out of spotdodge, because uptilt comes out much faster and hits twice. But yes, Dsmash OOS is very good, ill start doing that.

mongoosedog927

Smash Cadet
I only watched the two link matches and a couple of the pit's.
Your falco is pretty strong. A few errors here and there, but overall very good.

One little trick I use is this. Whenever a character is tripped by Falco's reflector, he (the character) is forced to either roll towards you, away from you, do a rising attack, or just simply get up. Falco's IAP punishes all of these options. So don't be afraid to use the IAP. IAP is a great move to create more space between yourself and your opponent. From there just use more lasers. Again good Falco!!

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Alright i updated the OP with alot more vids, including matches against quivo and sudai. come critique guys

clowsui

Smash Legend
oh god get ***** against QUIVO LOL

i haven't even watched a single video yet but he's too fsckin nasty

/cincinnati love

Blad01

Smash Lord
Wait... You don't use IAP ? oO

Your 1st match gainst UR was good but... I don't know what you were thinking at the 3d stock :s

Vlade

Social Outcast
I don't think falco ***** toon link at all, rather it's a 50:50 - 60:40 AT MOST.

But anyway I watched your matches against Quivo and I'm not sure what to say. I play against an insane toon link in perth and I just can't beat him. Anyway I think falcos are reluctant to using reflector in this match-up since it is too laggy. Which means that toon links bombs and arrows and boomerang will continue to create openings for them to attack.

What's important to remember against toon link?

clowsui

Smash Legend
Always put laser pressure on that mofo.

Bombs and arrows and boomerangs are at their best when they have a lot of ways they can be thrown. Laser pressure forces only a few bomb options, which is TL's best projectile. The pressure can be interrupted by the rang or arrows but those will only be used uncharged, which is basically a range where you have some semblance of advantage, or it'll be neutral.

Good TLs will punish predicted rolls and dodges w/ UpB, don't be ******** with that stuff. Make sure to try and get vertical kills or BAirs, TL's recovery is pretty good so you wanna try and kill upwards as opposed to off the edge/horizontal. Don't be hasty with USmash, if the TL shields it's a USmash from them and a death from you. Just take your time to kill with the USmash.

Phantasm only when you're certain you'll be out of their bomb range. Bombs are ridiculously annoying and potent chip damage tools.

Um what else...I don't remember, too late at night >_>

Denzi

Smash Master
I watched the Lucario vids, I'll watch the rest later.
Things I saw:

You got punished a lot for the AAA combo. You should be doing more Jab Cancel tricksies (esp. vs characters like Lucario who get out of it fairly quickly/easily).

You seemed to be really predictable w/ your Dairs, you might want do mix it up a bit more.

Bair > Dair > Uair in terms of aerial you should be DI'ing with.

(All I can think of for now; too late)

QUIVO

Smash Master
All Falco has to do is laser camp, phantasm/roll away, repeat. If you have a opportunity for a chaingrab, do it. If there's platforms, try to keep the TL off of them. The shine CAN be good, but becomes kinda easy to bait and punishable was the TL figures it out.

Falco just has to be lame and boring in order to win. I had a really close set with a mediocre Falco since all he did was pretty much what I said. I knew his pattern and what to do, but it was hard to punish. The reason I won was because he was spot dodging a lot and I was punishing that as well as his rolls with bairs.

Don't worry too much about being punished by Toon Link's up b. I'm the only one that really uses it. Jerm's going to start using it though.

Vlade

Social Outcast
All Falco has to do is laser camp, phantasm/roll away, repeat. If you have a opportunity for a chaingrab, do it. If there's platforms, try to keep the TL off of them. The shine CAN be good, but becomes kinda easy to bait and punishable was the TL figures it out.

Falco just has to be lame and boring in order to win. I had a really close set with a mediocre Falco since all he did was pretty much what I said. I knew his pattern and what to do, but it was hard to punish. The reason I won was because he was spot dodging a lot and I was punishing that as well as his rolls with bairs.

Don't worry too much about being punished by Toon Link's up b. I'm the only one that really uses it. Jerm's going to start using it though.
I guess you're right. I struggle to be lame and boring though lol. I'll keep this in mind next time I verse toon link.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Just watched your matches again Ultimate Razer.

I noticed you didn't use as many lasers as you normally do. Also, whenever you did use lasers, you didn't do many follow-ups. When you did follow up in the first match, first stock, you landed an usmash which resulted in the kill. I would've liked to see more of that sort of stuff in those matches (normally you follow up though). If snake is camping with grenades just SHDL. Reflector can result in you taking the hit.

I also think that you should've used more single jabs in those matches, and less AAA. You got punished several times for using the AAA. I don't think I need to explain why single jab is so superior, because you already know and you just didn't use it in those matches.

Would like to see more nair usage ;) Particularly as a dthrow follow-up. Although dair is probably a better option against snake.

mongoosedog927

Smash Cadet
I watched all of the samus matches against Xyro. Watch them closely again. I saw that you used Ground Phantasms to attack Samus every now and then. An IAP is a much better option in those situations because there is a significantly less amount of landing lag. I understand a couple ground lasers here and there but a grounded phantasm is nevered used imo. Your laser game is pretty good though. A little more lasers never hurt any Falco's game. Cgs on a samus is limited due to her weight, but you handled that very well. A misssed pivot boost grab every now and then XD, but thats not too bad. A few minor things but not too much to worry about. Great Falco and good work.

_Pope_

Smash Cadet
your falco seems to be very tight from all the vids i watched. nice pillaring with dair in some of your lucario matches too. watch that your phantasm does not become too predictable, you let some hard hits in from that. overall very good

Top Bottom