• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Career.

Galuuda

Smash Journeyman
So....today was supposed to be the start of my career, literally. On Tuesday I had an interview with MRMC, one of the best hospitals in Florida. The interview went perfect, I was perfectly qualified for the job, the interviewer was nice. Imagine a perfect interview, both people very optimistic...yeah..We even sat down and talked about the Gators and college football...common interest.

I was asked to come back on the spot, on Thursday..(Today) to meet with a manager and go over specific details about what my job inquires.

I go into the hospital, dressed in my Sundays finest..I go up to the front desk and ask for Penny, the manager I'm supposed to be meeting with. They say to me, "You have an appointment with her?" I respond with the obvious answer of, "Yes, Lorraine (My last interviewer) said I was supposed to meet with her about the job."

They direct me to the fifth floor, I was supposed to be there at 3:30, obviously you arrive ten minutes early because you want to set a fine impression of yourself. Little fun fact.

This is where it gets good, or well...should I say for all of you. I know when I tear away all of my hopes and dreams of starting my career...this shlt is hilarious.

I walk into this room of which there are four ladies, I ask for Penny obviously, they direct me into her office. Her office smelled horrendous, melted cheese, bio hazard bins with underwear in them, yeah...that sweaty ball smell. I give an appropriate greeting of: "Hi, I'm Josh it's very nice to meet you." She says, "Hi, are we supposed to have an interview?"

Let me just tell you in my mind how pissed I was to hear those first eight words leave her shlt infested mouth: I was angry, and when I say angry, I mean FCKIN ANGRY. My eyebrows went up in disbelief to say the least.

She calls Lorraine, and she doesn't pick up, so she left her a voicemail of: "Hi, I have a young man (Let me tell you another little something that pisses me off, how old do you have to be to an old lady before you are no longer a "YOUNG MAN." **** off with that garbage.) telling me you already told him he received the job, come up to my office when you receive this please, thanks." Twenty minutes of me being mind-fcked that she didn't know I was coming and garbage infested smelling office later, Lorraine comes up to her office.

I stand my ground and greet her once again and I'm thinking to myself: Okay everything is going to be fine, Lorraine must remember me, she's going to tell her I got the job, we're going to start going over important issues...

Absolutely wrong, one-hundred percent incorrect. She comes in and sure, she remembers me, she better fckin remember me..bltch.. but she doesn't remember telling me that I actually received the job. I reminded her that she did...indeed...say....that I got the job.

She rambles on, digging deeper into the rabbit hole of lies and tells Penny that this was supposed to be a second interview. This is two fellow employees vs. a newcomer (SUPPOSED TO BE) employee. How are you going to say you scheduled ANYTHING when....Penny doesn't even know I exist? Right...

It is not..looking...good. I wanted to yell at the both of them, not only did she FORGET to schedule the appointment, but now I guess it's a second interview rather than a job. I told myself: "Screw it...I'll do the second interview." They were nice enough to do it a half hour later, when Penny was available.

You all may not know this, but as a person getting interviewed..and an employee, I'm professional, and I'm very....VERY aware of this. I know interviews, and not by quantity, but by quality. I've done very few interviews, and I don't think there has been one where I haven't received an offer for a position.

This woman..was the absolute worst interviewer I have ever talked to. Here is a scene for you: Her office..(raunchy smelling one.) Her face...this is the face of a cardiac nurse who has been working in the cardiac department of a hospital which is known for being top fifty in the world in the cardiac department. A smile was non-existent.

To sum up this hour interview, in terms of myself, it went terrible, beyond belief bad. There wasn't a "Tell me about yourself" question. There was no resume, there was no personality (Which is what 70 percent of your interview is based off of, or supposed to.) It was pretty much just a written test of Q & A. I leave the office dissatisfied, and politely saying, "It was very nice meeting you, I appreciate you taking time out of your schedule."

I walked out, not looking at my phone, not washing my hands on the way out of the hospital, not caring if I have that awkward ride down the elevator with ten other people, which I don't know who have herpes or not. I walked out...in such anguish, hate, and disgust, that I didn't even care if my car was stolen.

It's hard to explain the walk of shame I had out of those automatic doors, mainly because I believe I was at a blank state at that point.

Either way, flame this or enjoy this, I just felt like writing down my day because it's always better to laugh at it than stare at it in anger....or so i think, lol.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Ugh... that's awful.

I wouldn't be surprised if the lady that did the 2nd interview purposefully asked you irrelevant/strange questions to make it seem legitimate that you didn't deserve the job (since she obviously wasn't planning on giving anyone a job).

Galuuda

Smash Journeyman
I don't believe so. I always notice your name because of its light-pink shade, though. Lol.

Galuuda

Smash Journeyman
This is Ocala, not Orlando/Miami. We only have two hospitals. ORMC has no positions available.

KeeLime

Smash Rookie
Sorry to hear that man,
btw if you live in Ocala we should play some time...

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Just remember: the interview is also where you decide whether you want the job or not. The moment that meeting became a second interview, you knew you didn't want the job. Penny's presentation was obviously terrible, and she obviously didn't have very good people skills. Even if it had been a simple misunderstanding, and they still offered you the job, do you think you would have accepted it? I sure wouldn't have.

Galuuda

Smash Journeyman
Just remember: the interview is also where you decide whether you want the job or not. The moment that meeting became a second interview, you knew you didn't want the job. Penny's presentation was obviously terrible, and she obviously didn't have very good people skills. Even if it had been a simple misunderstanding, and they still offered you the job, do you think you would have accepted it? I sure wouldn't have.

I would've one-hundred percent taken that job if they offered it to me after that. To me this hospital is like an ivy league school. It's rated one of the top in the U.S. That's a pretty big deal, if they would've given me that job that would've served me well for 3-5 years, if not more.

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
This sucks man. I work in career counseling at UF and I know that whenever we find out that a company or organization that recruits at UF then treats their interviewees like this, we pretty much blacklist them.

Also, you should just move up here to Gainesville and come work at Shand's Hospital.

Galuuda

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to hear that man,
btw if you live in Ocala we should play some time...
It's all good, I'm pretty much over it. And sure i'd like to learn melee at some point, BTW i have a question for you, are you traveling to Winterfest by chance? And a followup question of...if I were to pay gas am I able to go with you?

The only way I'd be able to hitch a ride is if you were just going on saturday (melee) and coming back after everything is done. If not it's awl good.

Loto

Smash Ace
It's all good, I'm pretty much over it. And sure i'd like to learn melee at some point, BTW i have a question for you, are you traveling to Winterfest by chance? And a followup question of...if I were to pay gas am I able to go with you?

The only way I'd be able to hitch a ride is if you were just going on saturday (melee) and coming back after everything is done. If not it's awl good.
play melee with me then. :D

and go to winterfest. lol

Galuuda

Smash Journeyman
Haha I know how bad I am at the game because well..I never play it, and I know how stupid it can be to face someone thats not on your skill level for more than 5 games. :[ I'm going to winterfest to win SF IV, lol.

DRN

Smash Lord
well i mean, what's going on now, have they called you back about the job or anything. Granted it's disorganized, something could've came from the interview ;/

-pervatasaurus-

Top Bottom