• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Bus Ride Today...

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Link to original post: [drupal=875]My Bus Ride Today...[/drupal]

The following is a summaration of events that occurred from about 1:40 PM to 2:20 PM, (EST) December 16th, 2008.

I eagerly waited for the dismission bell to ring while I sat on my stool doing my science work. The bell finally rang and I followed my usual path to my locker, where I proceeded to stuff my bag with books and walked out the double doors, but not before taking a quick trip to the restroom.

I walked across the bus loading area, passing students screaming and talking to friends, attempting to block the harsh wind in my face. I got onto the bus as usual, and greeted the bus driver like I do everyday. I sat near the front, not too far back but close enough to easily be able to talk to most the people in the very front. As I waited for the bus to leave, I slumped back and closed my eyes, but to no avail as some kid was laughing his head off, annoying me tremendously. As the bus started to pull out of the parking lot, I looked out the window and watched kids walking home, bundled up in their warm winter coats. I was just beginning to relax when my bus driver shouted to the kids in the back.

"Hey, close the window, unless you want me to turn the heat off!"
"Go ahead, we like the cold!" The kids shouted back. They however shut the windows anyways and sat back down.

It wasn't even a second after the windows were shut that I smelled something strange in the air. It wasn't a particularly good smell, but it wasn't bad either. It smelled of a very strong incense, mixed with plastic. I popped my head over the seat and looked around, and heard several people asking eachother what that smell was. I happened to look at my bus driver, and at that moment he seemed to have smelled it too, because he had this astonished look on his face, as if he just something out of the ordinary.

"That's it, we're going back." He shouted, his usual calm complexity replaced with one of fear and at the same time, knowing. Everyone was asking what was going on, what was wrong, if someone had did something bad.

"48 to base, we have a situation." He said into the bus radio, and then continued to talk, but facing down, and covering his face with the radio.

We turned around the corner, going the opposite direction we would usually be going, and then the kids in the back pulled the window down again.

"I said to put that window down, RIGHT NOW!" He shouted, as we spun around the corner.

My first thought was that something was burning on the bus, and apparently it wasn't something good. The last comment left me confused though, if it was something bad, why would you want the potentially harmfull gas inside the bus? It had to be something else, but I had no time to ponder these questions, as the bus driver had just made another sharp turn.

"Where are we going?" Said one kid.

The bus driver responded with, "You'll have to wait and see."

We pulled into a large lot, with many buses parked on spots with numbers on them. It had to be the bus garage, where all the buses resided when they were not in use. We pulled up to the fire lane and parked, country music playing somewhere in the backround. Within one minute, a man about in his 40's walked onto the bus and looked back at the students in the seats, and started talking to our driver in a hushed voice. He was excited, and came back relatively quick, this time with a man with a goatee and to be quite honest, the creepiest smirk I had ever seen.

The first man came on, said something to the driver and walked forward so he was about a meter from me.

"Who did it?" He said, in monotone voice. No one responded for a while, untill someone from the back said, "What are you talking about?" He smiled and and walked backwards towards the exit.

"This isn't funny, what are you talking about?" The kid said again. With one last glance, he smiled at us and left wthout a word.

Then the second man came, he had this excited look, and asked the same question.

"Who did it? You wanna admit it or are ya gonna make it tough?" He scanned the area, I never once took my eyes of him.

"If ya did it, ya know who you are, and you're gonna get caught. Just admit it, it's easy." No one said a thing, and he shook his head and walked off the bus.

At this point, everyone was calling thier parents to tell them they were going to be late or to pick them up. Many people were still talking on thier cell phones when this guy in about his late 20's walked on. He had blue eyes, and he was tall and skinny.

"It's better to come forward with this right now, or you're going to be in a lot of trouble. Anyone that is involved and doesn't speak out WILL also suffer consequences, and they'll be in a position no one wants to be in."

He scanned the area, and must have realized some people had no idea what was going on.

"Something happened on this bus." He looked at a kid and said, "Did you smell something?"

"Yes."

"Did you smell something?"

"Yes."

"All these kids smelled it, and your driver did too. And then, you guys rolled down the windows. It's not hard to figure out...you can come out now, or you're going to be in a bad, bad position. As in, if this turns into a criminal investigation, you will be expelled. The sheriff is coming right about now, and my advice would be to admit it and move on. Think about it."

With that, he walked off and a police car pulled up next to the bus. A girl from the back of the bus came up to the bus driver, and walked back. She looked scared, and very pale.

The sheriff then came on, and said the same thing as all the previous men, and walked off. The girl came up to the front and walked out, and began talking to the men. She came back about five minutes later, and was ordered to sit in the front. Her brother, who was the guy who asked what the men were talking about, came up and sat next to her, and began comforting her in a hushed voice.

As we got to her stop, she walked of with her brother, and as the bus pulled away, I could see the biggest smiles I have ever seen on thier faces.

*Incase you can't figure it out, she either knew or was the person who was smoking, as it turned out, marijuana. This was my first experiance with an illegal drug bust, and it was pretty...strange.

*2nd day update: The girl and her friend were smoking it in a pipe, and the girl decided to step up since her friend would have gone to jail, he's one of those you know...bad kids. =P

Moral: Don't smoke drugs, especially illegal ones on a bus.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622

That's it? I thought it was going to seem biological weapon or a bomb or maybe even some meth...

Huh, maybe I'm just desensitized due to all the minorities I live next to. :bee:

I'm not racist, calm down...

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob

That's it? I thought it was going to seem biological weapon or a bomb or maybe even some meth...

Huh, maybe I'm just desensitized due to all the minorities I live next to. :bee:

I'm not racist, calm down...
I'm glad you're okay NAKEDeDeDe.

You mean you'd rather it have been a bomb so that the story would have been more interesting?
:laugh:

A lot of kids nowadays are complete pains.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
I smoked in some stupid places back in high school, but never THAT stupid. That's just asking for it.

paulleh

Smash Apprentice
first of all, why would anybody smoke that stuff anyways, and on a BUS!? who is stupid enough to actually smoke on a bus and actually think they could get away with it.
Well written though, I really enjoyed the read.

D

Deleted member

I remember when I saw a kid smoking IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PARK. I went to the Police Station next door and reported them for laffs.

ndayday

BRoomer
Thanks guys. I was thinking about making it more interesting, but if I was going to that I would have to think of how a sheriff would deal with a bomb on a bus. :laugh:

The scary part is these kids grow the stuff, sell it, and are involved in other illegal actions...which you can use your imagination on.

Link to original post: [drupal=875]My Bus Ride Today...[/drupal] It had to be something else, but I had no time to ponder these questions, as the bus driver had just made another sharp turn.
I can't believe nobody has caught that yet.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I can't believe nobody has caught that yet.
On my first read through, I was going through my mind:

He can't ponder such questions, as the Bus Driver just ran over a Smash Ball.

I caught it, and I'm sure someone else did too.
Good read, and sorry you have to deal with that kind of idiocy.

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
I want a blog from the smokers that confessed saying WHY they decided to smoke ON A BUS.

I assume everyone is OK, though.

ndayday

BRoomer
Michigan, in between Detroit and Lansing, and south of Ann Arbor. I don't know why I didn't just say Livingston County, Michigan.

There aren't tons of minorities, since as you may know, the leader of the KKK once resided here. It's sad really, because MOST everyone is over that now.

Flamingo

Smash Lord
Wow, and yeah, some of my family lives in michigan... lots of like opportunity for things like that to happen in some places up there imo. But yeah... I can't believe that they would actually think smoking...anything on a bus would go unnoticed. B/c usually the drivers are pretty attentive, and more importantly there is ALWAYS a tattle tale on the bus hehe.

Oh and I might have overlooked this in the story but was this a middle school bus or a high school bus? Id assume it was HS

ndayday

BRoomer
Yeah, it's high school. It's not like it doesn't smell or anything either...it's pretty distinctive. Stuff like this happens quite a bit around where I live, (The girl actually lives just down the road >__>) but I had never had it happen right in front of me.
In this particular case, no one told--everyone is scared of the these kids that are involved with this kind of stuff, I mean...they're big...and muscular! =P

I just can't wait to see what the rest of the school year will be like...we have quite a variety of outcomes at our school. Last year, there was a bomb threat. -__-

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Yeah, it's high school. It's not like it doesn't smell or anything either...it's pretty distinctive. Stuff like this happens quite a bit around where I live, (The girl actually lives just down the road >__>) but I had never had it happen right in front of me.
In this particular case, no one told--everyone is scared of the these kids that are involved with this kind of stuff, I mean...they're big...and muscular! =P

I just can't wait to see what the rest of the school year will be like...we have quite a variety of outcomes at our school. Last year, there was a bomb threat. -__-
Oh geez, where is this at? Because if you're talking about West Aurora, then I feel your pain. :ohwell:

D

Deleted member

Michigan, in between Detroit and Lansing, and south of Ann Arbor. I don't know why I didn't just say Livingston County, Michigan.

There aren't tons of minorities, since as you may know, the leader of the KKK once resided here. It's sad really, because MOST everyone is over that now.

Oh, this was Detroit? I lived in Flint and 3/4 of my hockey team were weed addicts, nothing suprising in this story.

Jenkins

Smash Lord
wow way to go! smoking on the bus with the windows up. GOOD JOB!

Top Bottom