• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music City Smash

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Ya know, over on Dustloop, the BB community gets hated on too... for no reason. I don't see how people can judge communities on what they play. It's like racism, but with games. :confused:

Like I said, I'm impressed on what you guys have going. The fact that the community works as a whole to balance and tweak a game is amazing.

Hopefully, BB got some well-deserved attention at this gathering. Maybe we can get 20+ players to join next time. :laugh:

Oh, and btw Milln, did I fight you in an SC4 tournament back in January? There was an Amy player I fought, and he looked just like you.
Man I love fighting game communities. They try to be stupid and are not ashamed.

Milln

Smash Champion
^^....

._.

; ;...
SLash you're silly. XD

Man I love fighting game communities. They try to be stupid and are not ashamed.
If you're being a jerk, then shut up ya jerk.
But if you're being nes n00b then <3

Ya know, over on Dustloop, the BB community gets hated on too... for no reason. I don't see how people can judge communities on what they play. It's like racism, but with games. :confused:

Like I said, I'm impressed on what you guys have going. The fact that the community works as a whole to balance and tweak a game is amazing.

Hopefully, BB got some well-deserved attention at this gathering. Maybe we can get 20+ players to join next time. :laugh:

Oh, and btw Milln, did I fight you in an SC4 tournament back in January? There was an Amy player I fought, and he looked just like you.
Yar, GG players h8 BB for whatever reason. I don't even understand. But yes, as KO answered for me, you sure did. Back when I played Soul Calibur 4. Wheeeee!

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Yar, GG players h8 BB for whatever reason. I don't even understand. But yes, as KO answered for me, you sure did. Back when I played Soul Calibur 4. Wheeeee!
They view it as the "scrub" version of GG cause it is easier technically, is more "broken," and has less options overall (no FRC pressures, less moves you can use in general, etc). This is not me talking this is just what I have observed.

Milln

Smash Champion
They view it as the "scrub" version of GG cause it is easier technically, is more "broken," and has less options overall (no FRC pressures, less moves you can use in general, etc). This is not me talking this is just what I have observed.
Well they sirry

Astaroth136

Smash Rookie
I knew that was you! But it clicked in my head after I left. All day I was thinking, "I've seen this guy somewhere before." You should've brought it up and made me feel bad for not remembering you. Likewise, I thought it was odd that you already knew who I was, but I figured someone told you about me or something. XD

And yeah, I feel like GG players hate BB just because it isn't GG. It's not called Guilty Gear, so don't expect it to be Guilty Gear.

Milln

Smash Champion
I knew that was you! But it clicked in my head after I left. All day I was thinking, "I've seen this guy somewhere before." You should've brought it up and made me feel bad for not remembering you. Likewise, I thought it was odd that you already knew who I was, but I figured someone told you about me or something. XD

And yeah, I feel like GG players hate BB just because it isn't GG. It's not called Guilty Gear, so don't expect it to be Guilty Gear.
I figured you remembered me. XD

But what I have bolded in the quote sounds fairly familiar... hmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Lulz, the good thing about this game is that right now I know absolutely what I need to work on, and I'll be working on it leading up to the next B+ BatGG. DI, Teching, and recovery are the 3 absolute major things.

Can't wait to see the matches that were recorded and such for analysis + entertainment.

Uh... I would give shoutouts, but idk where to start so... I'll leave this out for later possibly.

I really got more of an appreciation for Brawl+ after this tourney though, I think it was Alex that explained it to me in words, I forget.
Yeah I'd love to see those hard core matches we had man, though some of those matches I rather not see (I got owned big time in doubles lol). Oh and KO you must have misheard me before, or I might have misspoke. I go by Mr.P not Mr.B, its short for Mr.Pickle.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Yeah I'd love to see those hard core matches we had man, though some of those matches I rather not see (I got owned big time in doubles lol). Oh and KO you must have misheard me before, or I might have misspoke. I go by Mr.P not Mr.B, its short for Mr.Pickle.
lol i was wondering who the hell you were on smashboards. I asked your teammate (kain i think) and I said "Mr.B right?" he said yeah. but i can see where it all went wrong lol.

btw i waiting on a reply from Jason at the Game Galaxy to see what he says about BiWeeklies.

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
His teammate wasn't Kain D:, Kain's my homie and such.

And cool beans about the biweekly thing. As far as I'm concerned anybody can run it, it just seems like no one wanted to step up so I voluntered.

uhhhhh.......

Man... I don't even feel like playing vBrawl as of late @_@

-Chad-

Slackerator
Let me know the date for the next one prz, I want to come hang out and have funsies.

Work isn't going to stop me from going to tournies I want to go to, I've stopped caring as much about my job :X

Milln

Smash Champion
Let me know the date for the next one prz, I want to come hang out and have funsies.

Work isn't going to stop me from going to tournies I want to go to, I've stopped caring as much about my job :X
Should prolly care moar. Jobless Chad = Lack of Funds Chad = SadChad = MillnSad D=

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
Milln...you don't know how much I appreciate you holding that BB tournament. As long as you'll hold more, I will do my best to be at every single one. I'm sorry I didn't hang with you as much. ;-; Next time, for sure.

_MidnighT_

Smash Apprentice
ah, B+ and BB was great. ggz pplz. <3 everyone. <3 all-encompassing shoutout

and lee, ur tager was <3 amazing stuffz

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
lol i was wondering who the hell you were on smashboards. I asked your teammate (kain i think) and I said "Mr.B right?" he said yeah. but i can see where it all went wrong lol.

btw i waiting on a reply from Jason at the Game Galaxy to see what he says about BiWeeklies.
Well I'm glad that its all cleared up anyway lol, and slash is right about my teammate not being kain, it was acid (lol he was the only one from my crew that could make it).

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
vBrawl + Melee..? ew...

I doubt I'll come to any of that combination as I'd much rather to come to two events I would enjoy rather than only one.
see this is what i thought too but people want vBrawl too (i have no idea why) but im just doing what people want. I was just gonna play Melee anyway. Im gonna actually practice now.

If more people would rather just do Brawl+ and Melee one bi weekly then Brawl+ and BB another one id rather do that.

Rayku

Smash Lord
I almost wish I lived in Tennessee. You guys are really all awesome

And you know which game is better as a community.

Rayku

Smash Lord
I would love to go, but I don't know of a way I could get a ride. I'm a bit out of your way on the road to North Carolina.

Astaroth136

Smash Rookie
ah, B+ and BB was great. ggz pplz. <3 everyone. <3 all-encompassing shoutout

and lee, ur tager was <3 amazing stuffz
Hah, thanks man. Your Nu wasn't too bad either. To be just an 11 person tournament, the BB competition was surprisingly tough!

Sorry I didn't stick around for casuals. I knew my friend was getting tired, and we were both starving by the end of it...

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
Every time you hate on vBrawl, God kills a kitten. Think of the kittens! ;A;

I for one can't wait 'til the 29th!

*Gets all the textures she has on her B+ card on her vB card as well and commences moar practicimatizing*

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Every time you hate on vBrawl, God kills a kitten. Think of the kittens! ;A;

I for one can't wait 'til the 29th!

*Gets all the textures she has on her B+ card on her vB card as well and commences moar practicimatizing*
i dislike cats so it all works out. lol jk. Most of us would rather play Brawl+ than vBrawl.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Actually, i played brawl plus a lot in tennessee during those 2 days, and i still find vbrawl a lot of fun for me. Brawl plus has its moments as well, with some sillyness added

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure i'm amazing at Zapataur.
It's addicting. And has awesome music.

I'll be playing this the rest of the night, and then play it every day from here on.

if I keep averaging 50,000ish points per game (whether thats good or bad, idk xD) then I can hopefully assist with small boosts every night, if I play a good 10-15 rounds per night, then thats at least half a million...har. theres my goal.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Actually, i played brawl plus a lot in tennessee during those 2 days, and i still find vbrawl a lot of fun for me. Brawl plus has its moments as well, with some sillyness added
Well that is cool dude, if you're able to have fun with vbrawl after playing brawl+ then good for you. I'm just used to people who play it never wanting to go back to vbrawl lol.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
sigh, Im finally uploading the vids from this tourney. Sorry for the slowness. I got like 75% of them recorded and Milln will finish later. Its gonna take me all day to upload. Keep an Eye out for the uploads.

Top Bottom