• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Murica vs Canehdia - Game Over, MURICA WINS!

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Nah, I'm actually curious as to what J will say. It's just kinda obvious that either Kary does think I am innocent and doesn't want to vote me yet, or is scum and too afraid to place a target on his back in case I die.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
You think I'm just pointing out the obvious, but I'm trying to pin motivations onto Kary's actions.

What would you say Kary, if the fact you haven't already voted for me when you so badly wanted to, would point to you being scum? You might be afraid of having gunned for me, then voting for me right away would make you look like scum, so now you are extra sure you want to wait for J to maybe help cover you.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Kary just used one of my favorite all-time gifs I've used. So Kary can live past toDay for me because of that.

Also posting coming in a bit yay.

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
Srry 4 my inactivity. In Cali til 31st.

Man there has been a bunch of heated discussion. Still haven't heard j answer my question.

If he did, somebody tell me

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Srry 4 my inactivity. In Cali til 31st.

Man there has been a bunch of heated discussion. Still haven't heard j answer my question.

If he did, somebody tell me

J was supposed to write a post:

Kary just used one of my favorite all-time gifs I've used. So Kary can live past toDay for me because of that.

Also posting coming in a bit yay.
but it's been quite more then a bit, over a half hour now.

Kirbification

Smash Cadet
Haha I should post more just so you can get a read on me? I like you and everything man but you're not that special. I gave my 2¢ already and there's nothing left to add.
i am the specialllesssst!!!!!!

hello I'll be able to read a bit today not like at this specific moment in the temporal continuum but probably after I have lunch and do a nice walk around town

I was kind of busy for the past few days trying to get my ducks in row in time for the advent of school but I should be able to herp about a bit this weekend.

For the first week of school (which starts monday) I may be semi-V/LA depending on how much I actually feel like fulfilling my professional obligations but we'll have to see

but yes I am here today and you may be able to expect a catchup from me depending on how much time SR4 and faffing about absorbs

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

Day 1.3

Deadline in 11 hours

1. pokemongeof -
2. ScaryLB59, -
3. Capps - Disfunkshunal, ToasterBrains, Pawndidater2, Capps,
4. ToasterBrains -
5. Kirbification
6. Disfunkshunal -
7. Pawndidater2 - ScaryLB59,
8. J (IC) - pokemongeof,
9. Kary (IC) -
Not Voting - Kirbification, J (IC), Kary (IC),

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch. Deadline is at August 24th 11:59PM CST.

Kirbification

Smash Cadet
since capps is tentative noose victim du jour I'mma give him a more exclusive vetting than the other posts for now

I mean I'm still reading everything but Capps is getting a special look if you know what I mean

I'll reread overNight to solidify my thoughts as to the other constintuents of the process

To summarize my basic thoughts pre-Pokeclaim, I thought Poke was hella scummy and that Capps was next in line.
I believed Capps was being kind of opportunistic and just generally weird. At the time, I wasn't very comfortable to vote him based on that alone not to mention that Poke was still preceding him at the moment in my priorities list

but then

Next, let your cop investigate me. You'll have wasted a vote on the town and will regret it.

"The most practical purpose a Vanilla Townie has is its capacity to draw the Mafia's Night-kill away from power roles via Day play."

From the Mafia Wiki. I have been making moves and following certain responses in hopes to make someone trip up and possibly protect the cop. Now it seems I know who the cop is, so now it's up to the reads I think I have made within that time from people reacting to my suspicious behavior for my vote. It's been very worthwhile, as now my behavior has gotten the opinions and actions on almost everyone in the thread, and I feel I know now who is with me in the town.
[/quote]

Two things about the first sentence:
1. "your" cop. word choice. Maybe a subconscious wording folly? hrrrmmmmm
2. Directly provoking cop to investigate. Seems like something the GF would aim for, is it not? Think about it, acting really itchy, making weird declarations, acting generally scummy. Like, when I read this sentence, all of his actions made sense to me in the past few pages. The GF would soooo want to be investigated and he figured tact be damned. It was like a revelation and all of his weirdness made sense.

Then, for the quotation:
Thanks for the info man. But, like, k? Seems like you're trying kind of hard to justify your actions but I don't think it's really applicable. Like, you wouldn't be drawing the maf's nk with this play. You'd be preserving your own life from nk's because you were acting suspicious, assuming you eluded the noose. I really don't like this implication of the quote. It's like he's trying to act all methodical and intellectual as a scum who just majorly chucked up or doesn't know where to go next. Like, I don't see the townie intent in this at all. It reeks.
And then the paragraph following it is like just an extension of weird pretentious malarky that I can't logically understand.

And then he goes

I will tell my fellow townies to watch who is gunning for me.
to inform my fellow townies who to look for.
like you know you're going to be innocent, so you insist that you're town because when the cop investigates you and outs that you're innocent you can be all smug and like "told you"
but really insisting it so incessantly doesn't help your case and just perturbs me more than anything. if it weren't done in such excess I wouldn't give a fudge, but since you did it every like 3 posts it was just worthy of eye-rolling. like as either alignment that was really bad and weird play.
but like considering the context, it seems p. scummy to me

also like where does this whole "lynch who's voting for me" thing come from. if you need 5 votes to die and there's 2 scum, 3/60% of them will be town. if you're trying to act scummy to purposefully get lynched to be reverred as the sacrificial lamb for the better of town or whatever, I'm not liking this logic. If this IS your logic, don't bring it into other games please. Or at least, don't throw it down D1 or whatever. I'm sure this kind of approach might have some sort of merit but I think it's super raunchy and not beneficial to anyone at this point, especially since you're acting genuinely scummy and not just like "oh sort of but not really" scummy.

also like this a lot:

What if Capps was a Godfather trying to sell out his fellow scum Pawn to make himself look good? If the police investigated him, if I remember correctly, he would appear innocent.

Just a thought I had.
'cause Capps priorities are super whacked.

He's getting pestered from multiple directions and he feel as if his best bet is to tunnel Pawn based on some hella shoddy logic? Like the whole "That's all I need" or whatever and a vote onto him was just a massive "what" but now that it's developed into like an actual push I'm just not following the logic.

and if you're being legitimate about tunneling Pawn I don't get your logic because I don't see being frustrated as either tell because I would've been frustrated too. Like how many times did he respond to you when you said:
I do think he's scum.
not many, really.
kind of hypocritical coming from the guy who said Toaster was

Jumping to conclusions
But like, ultra real talk:

Capps is basically my numero uno target right now. I am not opposed to hammering before deadline but I really want to hear from J beforehand. not only is he hunkalicious and totally a sight for sore eyes but I think he needs to say a bit more before D2 so he's not that much of a gray area.

To state my opinions on other peeps with some brevity:

Pawn is frustrated--not really telling to me. I think his responses were bad but I can't hold that against him because he wasn't given much to work with. If Capps flips scum I will take that whole "Capps/Pawn scumteam" thing seriously though.

Kary is still looking good to me. The sudden flip onto Capps kind of peals of a scummate getting flustered with another scummate's slapdash play but that's a BIG reach. Everything else he did seemed a-okay to me.

Toaster is alright. I liked his connection.

I think Funk's posts are sufficient atm. I mean the activity is still "below average" or whatever but I think his arguments appeared well-thought out and nicely summarized. I feel bad for badgering him considering all I'm really doing is popping in once every few days to vomit everywhere

uh I think that's it? if I didn't say anything about someone it means I don't think much of their actions or just forgot.

Kirbification

Smash Cadet
oh my massive jesus christ formatting uh I think you can still get what I'm saying

if not I'll fix but for now chinese food

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
This will be all the more fun if I die when I flip town, I'll have to watch all the priceless reactions when telling the truth turns out to be telling the truth. ;)

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
so there's no point waiting for J

there's nothing good about getting yourself lynched D1

and there's no point in playing if you're not going to post anything.

Kirbification

Smash Cadet
since I stated with such staunch temerity that I'm not afraid to hammer, I guess it's only curteous to warn y'all

I'mma hammer in, like, an hour given nothing massively drastic happens that changes my mind.

just thought I'd, like, say that.

Kirbification

Smash Cadet
Vote: Capps

It's been like an hour so

fun fact: i was expected like [.b][/b] to show up so I kept clicking the bold button and was liek "why you no work" and I actually got like legitimately frustrated and was about to consult you guys for assistance but then I started typing and it was bolded and I was like lol oh

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I honestly don't think Capps would flip scum considering his play after he voted himself and it just doesn't read as scum pulling a gambit to try and save his life. I think he actually honestly thinks lynching himself will be the best answer to the dayphase. I'd actually rather lynch someone like Pawn who does absolutely nothing and when he does come in here, it's still nothing. I know I may be sounding a tad hypocritical with my little posts that do not have much of anything but I just don't feel that he is actually trying that hard at all. I mean what I have seen of Pawn when he does play is that he actually tries to do something or anything.

Gonna just go word-vomity since I am here now and actually at a keyboard and able to do things. So now that the playfulness is over for the most part of the game and we are going to be finally getting to the nitty gritty, time for some real posting. I don't think Capps is town and I would like for him to not be lynched toDay. If someone deserves to go, we have other options. I'm going to be putting my vote on Pawndidator because I would rather get rid of a crapshoot read/someone who isn't even trying over someone who is here and exuding town tells over that others. Yes, his earlier play was opportunistic and his wording got very befuddling when saying to investigate him but this is a newbie game. Words will be jumbled in the beginning of it all.

Kirbi is probably my favorite player so far this game regardless of alignment because he is playing a very logical game which makes me want to call him town moreso than anyone else at the current time. Probably the slot that I would like to bounce things off of and get more in depth. Scary is another person I am reading as town as well but more so for different reasons like I am feeling that is gut. It's also I have yet to see anything scummy from him and I'm also happy to see he likes to go against the grain up until now where it is coming close to deadline which is understandable. Kary is a null and will most likely stay as such until later on in D2 where I can flesh him out better with connections. Poke is cleared town as of this point since he claimed cop and no one else did as well so that just gives us someone we know is town and we can count on later on. Gonna bold this for that special person:

@Bodygaurd: Do not claim or acknowledge this in the thread but you need to protect Poke/Your biggest town read. Don't make it known in thread and just flip a coin or something but Poke is a cleared townie and keeping him around with his PR will help us in the long run. Keep the mafia guessing to make them scared as to who to NK.

Toaster is a null read of mine at the current time. Nothing really sticks out besides just likes to jump around. He is explaining himself but I still want more if anyone can understand what I mean by that. I really do feel that Toaster is more likely town but meh. Gonna have to re-read him to find intent/purpose. With Disfunk, I feel he is more null-leaning scum because his attitude seems very forced regarding when people have been pressuring him this game and makes me want to beliieve that he is scum and someone I will be looking into the most toMorrow if I am still around. Disfunk just rubs me the wrong way and I would morely like him gone but there is not enough time to build a case and get that pain train rolling right now.

Then there is Pawn who is just....not here and not doing anything to aid town and since the only wagon is him or Capps, I have to vote to get out Pawn over Capps because I would rather have one of my town reads than a question mark to try and determine later on in the game. I know Kary/Scary have their votes on him so with mine that would only mean we need two more to flip the wagons which is doable with Kirbi and someone else like Toaster who would join the wagon if he saw it had more of a majority.

Sorry for not being here that much by the way. I have been swamped by work and other things lately so I will try to be in here more now that I am fully caught up to things and ready to go.

Vote: Pawndidater2

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
It seems I had forgotten to watch this thread, no wonder I was having trouble remembering to come back to this game. Anyways, that problem has been eradicated.

Kirbification

Smash Cadet
aw man

now I feel like a donkey's rank anus 'cause J was cooken up a post and got stifled out by my eagerness to hammer

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Yup, let's just hope I didn't stick my foot so far into my mouth if Capps does flip scum.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I have been jumpy anyway, huh. Eh, sorry.

Night night, hoping for something interesting soon.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Sorry for bring relatively inactive today, it was my unofficial first day of college.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Day 1.4

1. pokemongeof -
2. ScaryLB59, -
3. Capps - Disfunkshunal, ToasterBrains, Pawndidater2, Capps,
Kirbification,
4. ToasterBrains -
5. Kirbification
6. Disfunkshunal -
7. Pawndidater2 - ScaryLB59, Kary (IC),

8. J (IC) - pokemongeof,
9. Kary (IC) -
Not Voting - J (IC),

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch. Deadline is at August 24th 11:59PM CST.

Capps, The American Eagle, Vanilla Townie has been lynched.

Deadline for Night 1 is August 27th 11:59PM CST. Send me your night action by then.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

Kary, The Justice League of America, Vanilla Townie, has been night killed.

It is Day 2.

1. pokemongeof -
2. ScaryLB59, -
4. ToasterBrains -
5. Kirbification -
6. Disfunkshunal -
7. Pawndidater2 -
8. J (IC) -
With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch. Deadline is at October 2nd 11:59PM CST.

MOD note: Day was extended 2 days to test who is active if I need replacements.

Top Bottom