• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Murica vs Canehdia - Game Over, MURICA WINS!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
  • Capps called for a cop to investigate him "knowing" he would be innocent. Besides bluffing because Pokemon might die unless the scum have something else planned, the roles he could be if he isn't lying are any of the townie rolls besides miller and cop, and Godfather.
  • He seems intent on making himself look townie. If you go back to a lot of his recent posts he's just... way too in-your-face about being innocent. Like he's struggling because he's been caught, maybe?
  • Since he wants everyone to think he's town, he could be pushing on Pawn to make himself look better, and Pawn's just reacting in a way one would if they were betrayed but can't say anything about it or else they would be lynched.
Review the following quotes:
Jumping to conclusions are we?

To me, the roll of townie is one were you can't be passive, you must be aggressive. The cop has been revealed, and unless someone else claims cop I have to do what I can to protect him. If my death will save every other town member, I will sacrifice my life for the town. Even if it is only by being lynched here so others can see who decided to cast those votes and gun for me.

I will tell my fellow townies to watch who is gunning for me. They are the ones you need to look at next. Find those who look suspicious and send a vote that way fast, or you'll lose your ally and strengthen your enemy.
I didn't need that post to be a hero's exit, I needed it to get a response, and to inform my fellow townies who to look for. This game hasn't run like those normally, it takes something that aggressive now to keep us moving as our cop has been compromised much too early.
And hey, I am doing this for the town.
It just feels like all he's trying to do is a last minute appeal to emotions to everyone.
---
What if you are the Godfather trying to protect a fellow scum and direct votes my way? You've been gunning for me quite a bit as of late.
Not sure who I would be protecting.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I can be aggressive about being town because I AM TOWN. If you decide to waste a vote on my because I play the role aggressively you'll regret doing so if you are town yourself.

The cop has been called out on the first day, what do you want me to do, sit around and barely post? The best I can do is possibly draw out who else may be scum and help fellow members of the town make as best reads as they can by aggressively pushing for information. That way, if one of us dies who it seems to be me at the moment, people can take a look at who was pushing for me, or who may have tripped up when I pushed them and at least have an idea where to look seeing as how the cop being alive isn't all that likely very soon. I'm doing what I can to play the roll without being able to investigate.

What have you been doing lately for the good of the town?

Also, Kirbification, you haven't talked in while now, what are you thinking?

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I AM NOT SEEING ANYTHING PAWN DOES NOT ANSWER.

and how, HOW, pray tell, do you go from this (about pawn):

to this:

??

Well, he purposefully got out of the thread during serious discussion aimed at him to play LoL. He could be busy, but at that moment he went out of his way to be busy. I don't like that.

I wanted a more direct response then being annoyed at how I play. He's not presenting a good defense for himself, I wanted a better and more direct answer.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I mean if I wanted to play LoL I'm not going to stop myself from doing it just because my scum mate is interrogating me. :awesome:

Also... "being annoyed at how you play" could translate into "being annoyed that the godfather is interrogating his scummate" which would be pretty bad to say directly where everyone could see it. I can see why he's not saying it.

What have you been doing lately for the good of the town?
If people felt I wasn't helping/only hurting town I would have been called out on it.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I mean if I wanted to play LoL I'm not going to stop myself from doing it just because my scum mate is interrogating me. :awesome:

Also... "being annoyed at how you play" could translate into "being annoyed that the godfather is interrogating his scummate" which would be pretty bad to say directly where everyone could see it. I can see why he's not saying it.

If people felt I wasn't helping/only hurting town I would have been called out on it.
I dunno, you are aiming for a town member. And if you do keep your vote for me, when I turn up town the target on your back will be massive. I'm just waiting to see what happens, not too much time left.

To me, you are seriously out to misdirect the problems Pawn has and aim them at me. I'm starting to wonder about you.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Well, he purposefully got out of the thread during serious discussion aimed at him to play LoL. He could be busy, but at that moment he went out of his way to be busy. I don't like that.

I wanted a more direct response then being annoyed at how I play. He's not presenting a good defense for himself, I wanted a better and more direct answer.
What was so bad about pawn's reason for voting for you?

Why was it worse than Toaster's reasoning for his vote? Why was it worse than Disfunkshunal's?

He doesn't need to present a defense right now because your argument is literally 'that's not a good enough reason'. And he can just say 'it is too a good enough reason'.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I dunno, you are aiming for a town member. And if you do keep your vote for me, when I turn up town the target on your back will be massive. I'm just waiting to see what happens, not too much time left.
No doubt that will be the case if you turn up Town. You're acting like I'm not expecting it in that case.
Then I'll go bye-bye the second Day, and people will just be down another Town. Hey look, I can claim sides too.
To me, you are seriously out to misdirect the problems Pawn has and aim them at me. I'm starting to wonder about you.
Something tells me you're missing out on the fact I'm calling both of you scum.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
And hell, the only reason I'm calling Pawn scum is the little theory that I'm currently sticking with. If I'm wrong I'll back off on Pawn.

Depends on which way you flip Capps.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
And hell, the only reason I'm calling Pawn scum is the little theory that I'm currently sticking with. If I'm wrong I'll back off on Pawn.

Depends on which way you flip Capps.
So, you think I'm the godfather?

I'm guessing I can't convince you otherwise. Though you'll find your theory is wrong, I can 100% guarantee that. Currently, I don't see a better target then Pawn so he's getting my scrutiny.

If you didn't have me or Pawn to look at, who would you vote for?

What was so bad about pawn's reason for voting for you?

Why was it worse than Toaster's reasoning for his vote? Why was it worse than Disfunkshunal's?

He doesn't need to present a defense right now because your argument is literally 'that's not a good enough reason'. And he can just say 'it is too a good enough reason'.

Toaster actually explained he has a theory that I may be the Godfather. He has some logic behind his thoughts, even if it is wrong. Last Disfunk posted, he himself said Pawn looked suspicious because of how he was posting, just like I am.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Man Ryu, you seriously made me do a double take! :rotfl:

I mean, I know I'm dyslexic but I seriously thought I'd lost major track of things!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
So, you think I'm the godfather?

I'm guessing I can't convince you otherwise. Though you'll find your theory is wrong, I can 100% guarantee that. Currently, I don't see a better target then Pawn so he's getting my scrutiny.

If you didn't have me or Pawn to look at, who would you vote for?
It's hard to say with the current levels of inactivity people have.
I'm sure others will agree with me on that.

It wouldn't be Kary because I have a hard time with him. Probably because of his experience, but I honestly can't tell his intentions yet.

It would probably be J or Kirbi just for the sake of making them defend themselves or something. They haven't said a lot in a while.
It'll be easier on Day 2.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
On that note, real life situation came up. I might check back in once or twice but don't expect anything huge from me until tomorrow.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
It's hard to say with the current levels of inactivity people have.
I'm sure others will agree with me on that.

It wouldn't be Kary because I have a hard time with him. Probably because of his experience, but I honestly can't tell his intentions yet.

It would probably be J or Kirbi just for the sake of making them defend themselves or something. They haven't said a lot in a while.
It'll be easier on Day 2.

I will agree wholeheartedly that J and Kirbi need to get more active. It's kinda been an issue this game has had in general, lack of communication from people, it seems like you have to swing tons of votes in a direction to get people to talk, I see why you did so at the beginning of the day now.

In all honesty this game has been kinda wacky overall, but embracing the chaos makes it interesting.

So, I guess I do want to ask extra much now for J and Kirbi to say something now, I want to see what's going on with you two.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I take this back. I really really want to vote for Capps. I want for him to be dead. I am not very convinced he is scum though, just eugh.

Well that is seriously a 100 degree change in direction. Explain yourself here.

You don't think I'm scum, but you wanna vote me out. Why do you want me dead that badly?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Well that is seriously a 100 degree change in direction. Explain yourself here.

You don't think I'm scum, but you wanna vote me out. Why do you want me dead that badly?
Haha I remember in my games before this one, both of them, I would usually feel super dejected and offended at things like that. I'm wasn't the most strong person in that regard... it brings back memories. *shudder*

But on a more serious note, it's probably the same reason Pawn's voting for you. *shrug* The way your playing is hurting town more than helping it, I think, and it's rather... for a lack of a nicer way to word it, annoying.

Rest assured, that's not why I'm voting for you. Haha.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Well the thing is, if we just kill you and you flip town then I can shrug my shoulders and go look at some other people.

Or in all likelihood put my feet up, because if scum have any sense they'll shoot me over inactive pokegeof.

If we don't lynch you, then not only do I have to go and run back through the whole thread trying to get better reads on people who've posted 2-3 times,

but at some point someone will say 'huh but I still think Capps is scum' and I will either have to go out on a limb to defend you or end up having to lynch you anyways.

It would be orders of magnitude easier for me to just kill you. Not only is there a chance you are scum, but your townflip would give us a lot of information as well.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Haha I remember in my games before this one, both of them, I would usually feel super dejected and offended at things like that. I'm wasn't the most strong person in that regard... it brings back memories. *shudder*

But on a more serious note, it's probably the same reason Pawn's voting for you. *shrug* The way your playing is hurting town more than helping it, I think, and it's rather... for a lack of a nicer way to word it, annoying.

Rest assured, that's not why I'm voting for you. Haha.

Oh I know it isn't standard and it may be quite annoying, but I'm honestly finding it to be quite effective, at least for me personally. I'm getting a lot of reactions at the very least, and it gives me and others more to make reads on. It's the best I can do for the town now.

Town kinda is screwed from the cop coming out that soon. To me, I'm doing the only thing I can to try and still give town a fighting chance. I've read around a bunch of mafia before playing this (as my experience in these kinds of games is based on games of a similar nature but not exactly mafia) and I've seen that sometimes this aggressive play really does turn out good for town though it doesn't look so at first.

I quoted that post from the Mafia Wiki for a reason, it's what I'm trying to do.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
oh yeah. who do you consider to be active?
I'll just make it easier on myself since I really have to go in a bit and say anyone who has posted since page 8. So not so much "active" as "posted relatively recently".

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Oh I know it isn't standard and it may be quite annoying, but I'm honestly finding it to be quite effective, at least for me personally. I'm getting a lot of reactions at the very least, and it gives me and others more to make reads on. It's the best I can do for the town now.

Town kinda is screwed from the cop coming out that soon. To me, I'm doing the only thing I can to try and still give town a fighting chance. I've read around a bunch of mafia before playing this (as my experience in these kinds of games is based on games of a similar nature but not exactly mafia) and I've seen that sometimes this aggressive play really does turn out good for town though it doesn't look so at first.

I quoted that post from the Mafia Wiki for a reason, it's what I'm trying to do.
I think losing the cop advantage would lessen the chance of people mislynching due to Miller or Godfather roles. It's not necessarily a bad thing.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Well the thing is, if we just kill you and you flip town then I can shrug my shoulders and go look at some other people.

Or in all likelihood put my feet up, because if scum have any sense they'll shoot me over inactive pokegeof.

If we don't lynch you, then not only do I have to go and run back through the whole thread trying to get better reads on people who've posted 2-3 times,

but at some point someone will say 'huh but I still think Capps is scum' and I will either have to go out on a limb to defend you or end up having to lynch you anyways.

It would be orders of magnitude easier for me to just kill you. Not only is there a chance you are scum, but your townflip would give us a lot of information as well.
So look at that, being alive or being dead I could possibly be useful information wise now to help the town. And you all called me crazy ;)

Don't be lazy, try to get those reads on the people who posted 2-3 times. It will be worth your time I promise.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I think losing the cop advantage would lessen the chance of people mislynching due to Miller or Godfather roles. It's not necessarily a bad thing.

We still have more then likely lost a very valuable tool, as we still haven't had a counter claim of cop.

Though have Kirbi and J posted since Pokemongof said he was cop? If not, they need to post more then ever now. They could be the one person we need to see if that was a lie or not.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Oh god... I came here to play mafia, not get involved in rated X works of film. :p

So... I guess we hope to somehow get back on topic?

Top Bottom