• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Murica vs Canehdia - Game Over, MURICA WINS!

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Do any of you guys watch friends? There was one episode where Ross tried to kiss his cousin and she freaked out and asked what he was doing. In his mind, he kept saying "say something" "ok this is the longest someone has not said something ever". Then he said something really stupid and then he said, in his mind, "yeah I really shouldn't've said anything".

I feel like that's Pawn right now :laugh:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Do any of you guys watch friends? There was one episode where Ross tried to kiss his cousin and she freaked out and asked what he was doing. In his mind, he kept saying "say something" "ok this is the longest someone has not said something ever". Then he said something really stupid and then he said, in his mind, "yeah I really shouldn't've said anything".

Way off topic, but I laughed SO much at that episode! XD

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Yyyyeeeaaaaah. I don't know whether to feel bad for or be suspicious of the guy.

pawndidater2

Smash Journeyman
Basically everything he said last page just sucks to me. His entire play seems to be "Look at me I'm a freakin townie :D" while trying to make me out to be scum based off reasons he hasn't even outed:
I have my reasons. Maybe witchcraft isn't a bad way to describe it after all.
I'm also kind of fed up with him, I clearly answered all of his questions (except why I want him dead which was somewhat obscure satire in the third quote of #353 / #356) and he still has the nerve to say I'm not talking.

I also don't get this
You are talking NOW.
Which he posted when the only things I'd posted since this
Seriously, why wont you talk? I can barely get a single word out of you. I suspect you are so worried of saying something wrong, you try to not say anything at all.
were tech support junk.

I just really hate his play and even if he isn't scum I don't want to have to deal with it.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I just really hate his play and even if he isn't scum I don't want to have to deal with it.
Why are you playing mafia if you don't want to deal with how someone may want to play?

And if you'll just throw votes around just because you don't like someone, EVEN IF THEY ARE TOWN my vote stands.

I also don't get this
You haven't been talking much until now until this last bit in the thread you have barely said a thing, I think that isn't that far out there of a claim.

Basically everything he said last page just sucks to me. His entire play seems to be "Look at me I'm a freakin townie :D" while trying to make me out to be scum based off reasons he hasn't even outed:
Lack of communication, not wanting to answer questions, and to quote it again:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Hey Kary, since you are here, you still solid on that read of pawndidater, or do you have different opinions now?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Hey Kary, since you are here, you still solid on that read of pawndidater, or do you have different opinions now?
Did you miss the part where I referred to my read on pawndidater as a hunch? That i'm not really sure who is scum?

Don't try and appeal to me.

Explain why you're voting for pawndidater, are you trying to get a response from him, or do you think he is scum?

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Did you miss the part where I referred to my read on pawndidater as a hunch? That i'm not really sure who is scum?

Don't try and appeal to me.

Explain why you're voting for pawndidater, are you trying to get a response from him, or do you think he is scum?

Woah, I was just seriously asking if you still felt that hunch, I wanted to know what you thought, no other motives.

I do think he's scum. Reasoning:

Lack of communication, not wanting to answer questions, and to quote it again:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Why was anything pawn did scummy rather than him being frustrated with you?

y

why would pawn say something like this if he was scum?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Basically everything he said last page just sucks to me. His entire play seems to be "Look at me I'm a freakin townie :D" while trying to make me out to be scum based off reasons he hasn't even outed
I agree that he's being particularly in-your-face about being town... which hurts more than helps his case.

But then Pawn did these things:

Are responses scumplay now?
Also stop saying "my fellow townies." It's killing a deep part of my brain.

Either I'm suddenly dyslexic or this sentence makes no logical sense.

This also makes no sense.

Can we please not.

He just went through all of my posts and said I'm pretty null. Do you even read.

Holy gawd.
o;ze54wey906mj 354mk4sehjn8i$N}wgy0 #QWA72Q6H34-KO6-T]W39J

can we just

Vote: Capps
Now, really, Pawn. His way of being adamant is quite off, I agree, but your response to it is just... bad.
"It's killing a deep part of my brain". "Can we please not." "Do you even read." "Holy gawd". "*faceroll on keyboard* can we just *vote*"

I can't really find any good things to say about any of this. It's as if he said something to trip your oh-crap sensors and you're just not trying.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I mean that doesn't particularly make you scum, I just kind of like progress more than ...whatever that was.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Why was anything pawn did scummy rather than him being frustrated with you?

y

why would pawn say something like this if he was scum?

So that someone might look over it like it was nothing but still possibly send a vote my way. It slipped under your radar didn't it? Could be an incredibly clever way of looking innocent when he isn't.

I would say his terrible lack of a decent response shows he's afraid of being called scum. He doesn't react to it well, and the pressure is getting to him. He's frustrated because he can't find a good response to being called scum, and he's tripping up now.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
so you think that pawn has an incredibly clever way of looking innocent,

but you also think that he's tripping up and getting frustrated?

how does that fit together?

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
so you think that pawn has an incredibly clever way of looking innocent,

but you also think that he's tripping up and getting frustrated?

how does that fit together?

It COULD be. Really, it just looks like he's desperately throwing things out at this point. Or it could accidentally be a "good play".

(Really to me, if he just wants to vote someone out because a play-style annoys him, why is he playing mafia at all? It's not relevant, but I really would like an answer.)

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Why does it look more like he is desperate than he is just frustrated at your play?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but it is just you voting for him, right? Why would he be desperate?

And I'm pretty sure that he said he finds you scummy and annoying.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
What i'm really struggling with here Capps, is that you seem certain that pawn is scum.

I look at the thread, and sure there's things I don't like about pawn's responses, but I don't read him as obviously being scum.

I see other players looking at his reaction and saying 'well this is bad, but i'm not sure it's scummy'.

And in all of this, I do not understand how you've come to the conclusion that pawn is desperate, that he is buckling under pressure, that you're certain he's scum.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
What i'm really struggling with here Capps, is that you seem certain that pawn is scum.

I look at the thread, and sure there's things I don't like about pawn's responses, but I don't read him as obviously being scum.

I see other players looking at his reaction and saying 'well this is bad, but i'm not sure it's scummy'.

And in all of this, I do not understand how you've come to the conclusion that pawn is desperate, that he is buckling under pressure, that you're certain he's scum.

Mostly, it's that every time I've accused him of being scum, I've gotten extremely lackluster answers from him in his defense. He's been very quiet until now as well, only talking when he absolutely has to. He may just not be an excellent speaker so he doesn't talk much, but boy he can't take being called scum well. I have other suspicions myself, but as of now he seems like a good vote if I want to hit scum.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
defense against what?

can you remind me what things pawn didn't answer? Because as I recall you had no reason for voting pawn in the first place.

How is he supposed to defend himself against nothing?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
What if Capps was a Godfather trying to sell out his fellow scum Pawn to make himself look good? If the police investigated him, if I remember correctly, he would appear innocent.

Just a thought I had.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
defense against what?

can you remind me what things pawn didn't answer? Because as I recall you had no reason for voting pawn in the first place.

How is he supposed to defend himself against nothing?

Look back a bit after the little bit of tech support, and see ToasterBrains himself asking for him to give me a straight answer, and me obviously agreeing on that.

Look at the answer I got, "I'm sick of how he plays, can we vote him out?" No answer to this:

Seriously, why wont you talk? I can barely get a single word out of you. I suspect you are so worried of saying something wrong, you try to not say anything at all.
And now he's not saying anything at all... Again. After having to think over his answer very carefully to word it right. I'm sorry, he's either really bad at wording a response or too afraid on outing himself to, I'm going with the latter. Either way, a great summary seems to be:

I feel like you've given up regardless of your affiliation.

I couldn't agree more.

What if Capps was a Godfather trying to sell out his fellow scum Pawn to make himself look good? If the police investigated him, if I remember correctly, he would appear innocent.

Just a thought I had.
What if you are the Godfather trying to protect a fellow scum and direct votes my way? You've been gunning for me quite a bit as of late.

Top Bottom