• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Murica vs Canehdia - Game Over, MURICA WINS!

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
If it wasn't blindingly obvious, if you are the cop and you're name's not pokegeof, you should say so. Because that would mean that pokegeof was lying, and must be scum.

Assuming pokegeof is the cop, we ought to lynch someone else.

Disfunk, who do you find most suspicious right now? Maybe one of the people voting for pokegeof?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If you think i'm lying, go ahead. you'll be sorry you killed your officer
Unvote
It's not because I believe you to be cop, it's because you made yourself an obvious target for scum.

Even if you're not lynched by us, you'll probably die anyway. If you don't, either you're scum or scum is trying their hardest to fool everyone.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Dis, you can go ahead and still give me special consideration as per Kary's question even though I just unvoted.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
ok guys. hi. why is nothing happening?

I think Scary and Kirbi are town.

We should probably kill someone toDay so i'm feeling like pawndidater is a fair shout.

Unless someone else turns up with a cop claim, in which case i'm fine to kill pokegeof

lemme know what you think, deadline is saturday

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

Day 1.2

1. pokemongeof - J (IC),
2. ScaryLB59, -
3. Capps
4. ToasterBrains -
5. Kirbification
6. Disfunkshunal -
7. Pawndidater2 -
8. J (IC) - pokemongeof, Kary (IC),
9. Kary (IC) - Pawndidater2,
Not Voting -Disfunkshunal, ScaryLB59, Kirbification, ToasterBrains, Capps,

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch. Deadline is at August 24th 11:59PM CST.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
ok guys. hi. why is nothing happening?

I think Scary and Kirbi are town.

We should probably kill someone toDay so i'm feeling like pawndidater is a fair shout.

Unless someone else turns up with a cop claim, in which case i'm fine to kill pokegeof

lemme know what you think, deadline is saturday
... vote: Kary
It just seems like you want to lynch someone for the sake of lynching someone. That's hardly helpful. It's mostly due to your pawn vote.

I'll flesh out more when I get to a computer. If in the case Kary decides to give me a lashing for voting for him, my answer will probably be "magic is silly".

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
For clarification, lynching someone would be helpful depending on circumstances, but the pawn thing bugs me.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
... vote: Kary
It just seems like you want to lynch someone for the sake of lynching someone. That's hardly helpful. It's mostly due to your pawn vote.
I do want to lynch someone. In fact I more or less said that.

If we don't kill anyone, scum will shoot someone who is useful, active and townie, and we'll go into Day 2 with basically the same situation as toDay.
If we get rid of someone suspicious or inactive, then we will at least have a chance of hitting scum, we will get more information from their flip, and who voted for them, and we won't have as many troublesome, suspicious players going into tomorrow.

If you don't want to get rid of pawndidater, then suggest to me someone else, please.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Fair enough, Kary. I recommend looking into Caps. He seems to just want to vote with the crowd.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Fair enough, Kary. I recommend looking into Caps. He seems to just want to vote with the crowd.
hey. if you think he needs looking into, I'm sure that you can do that. i'm not going to do the legwork for you.

if you think he would make a better lynch than pawndiddly, then tell me why.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Kary, how do you feel about Disfunkshunal?
Aw you don't trust me? Just when I thought we could be friends.:urg::laugh:

The first thing that concerns me is Kary's role in the game. He has, quite easily, become the de facto leader here with multiple people deferring to him seemingly more often or with bigger matters than with other people. This could easily be explained by his status as an advanced player but in the other two games I played, the advanced players weren't as separated from the beginner players. It could also potentially be line with his personality but with only this thread to go off of I can't say that with any degree of certainty.

The second would be Capps. He was the fourth vote on pokegeof and called for a quick ending. Besides that when everyone was trying to get poke to explain, out of the active posters at that time he seemed the least interested in hearing his side with a simple "yeah this", referring to toaster's post, and "I'm not sure why that's suspicious" vs. Toasters "why is that suspicious". The difference in that last one is that capps expressed confusion where as Toaster called for clarification. The argument could've been made that that's just not in line with his personality but he was much more interested when it came to pawn and he took a much more proactive approach. Eventually he did soften up on poke but it was too late.

Poke telegraphed his discomfort and his special role like four pages back IMO. Which is why I said he pretty much backed himself into a corner and left it at that. I could've defended him but then I would have been seen as a partner and it was no use lynching a townie.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
In addition to capps bandwagonning of course. That goes in the second paragraph somewhere

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Kary, I would do that if my laptop didn't explode on me on Monday. I'm limited to my phone and can't do much than simple replies, questions, and reading.

If you don't want to do it then don't bother. It just bugs me that a lot of his decisions aren't really his own decisions, if you get what I mean. Also I don't think pawn had done much anything at all.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
if you think he would make a better lynch than pawndiddly, then tell me why.
In response to that, I could say similar things to you. You haven't said anything useful about why you think it's Pawn so I'm not inclined to hop aboard the train.

In a similar way, I doubt anyone is going to do that and if you really want to lynch someone so badly wouldn't you at least make people try to do that? I mean... "because he's scum" and other superfluous comments are just silly and unhelpful.

Whereas Capps, on multiple occasions, doesn't really make any decisions for himself. For instance, he unvoted directly after I did and basically said "what he said". I mean it would be different if he didn't imply/pretty much say he was going to pretty much change his vote to someone if everyone else did it.

If you asked me, you two are my least townie reads.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Welp, not the cop either.

@Disfunkshunal; We can still be friends lol. I actually really like the case you presented against Capps. A lot of it makes sense. When you included pawn in your argument for Capps, it made me think... "If we lynch Capps, and he comes up scum, should we immediately jump on Pawn because of the previous interactions?" Same thing for vice versa if we were to lynch pawn, would we then hit Capps right away?

At the moment, either of those sound good to me, especially since no CC has challenged Poke yet.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
In response to that, I could say similar things to you. You haven't said anything useful about why you think it's Pawn so I'm not inclined to hop aboard the train.

In a similar way, I doubt anyone is going to do that and if you really want to lynch someone so badly wouldn't you at least make people try to do that? I mean... "because he's scum" and other superfluous comments are just silly and unhelpful.

Whereas Capps, on multiple occasions, doesn't really make any decisions for himself. For instance, he unvoted directly after I did and basically said "what he said". I mean it would be different if he didn't imply/pretty much say he was going to pretty much change his vote to someone if everyld bone else did it.

If you asked me, you two are my least townie reads.
I am not asking you, or anyone, to vote for pawndidater. And I probably am not going to do so, because even if my hunch about him is right, with the amount that he's posted, the amount of evidence I could bring to bear against him is slim at best. Lynching him would be a shot in the dark and not tell us a great deal.

No, the reason i've been pushing pawndidater is mostly because people have been ignoring him, and he has been ignoring the thread. Typically when you call someone scum for no reason they at least have the decency to respond in some way; your description of me as being 'silly and unhelpful' being a case in point.

But being silly and unhelpful doesn't make me scum.

Right now i'm not particularly in favour of lynching Capps, because to me he doesn't really fit the profile of a kind of nervous scum player. In terms of the tone of his posts, and the things that he has pushed so far, none of that reads particularly scummy to me.

To elaborate, for instance when he said 'i'll wait for other players to move their votes' that does not read to me as a scum player who is trying to be careful about what they say; wlhat he is saying is kinda scummy, which is why it is not the sort of thing scum players tend to say. As a comparison look at when pokegeof said 'i don't want to be scum'; which is also (presumably, based on the current lack of counter-claim), the sort of thing which a townie says because they are not being careful/nervous.

So, i'm not particularly in favour of lynching Capps. But i'm not against it. As i've said, I think Kirbi and Scary are town, i'm town, and pokegeof is presumably town. If I had a strong preference as to who I wanted to lynch, I would be pushing that now, but sadly I do not.

I am the sort of player who is not particularly up-front with their reads, and my reads don't always correspond with who I am questioning or pushing. For that I apologise, because I realize it's the sort of thing that might be hard to get to grips with when you're new to the game.

On top of this, I have a lot of thread power thanks to my activity and my position as an IC. I could probably push a few different lynches and have them go through without a hitch, but I don't want to do that. Not only because I am not sure who is most likely to be scum (mostly because of people's inactivity), but because I want to give you guys as newbies room to breathe and to do things on your own initiative.

This ended up being a kinda long post huh

Anyways, if people in general are in favour of lynching Capps, and he doesn't respond well to that, i'm more than willing to have that happen. And now I realise that that this looks like me saying 'huh I will lynch whoever town wants' but until one of J/pawndidater posts something I don't have any better alternatives to offer. Unless you just want to jam with me and get rid of the ridiculously redundant pawndidater.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Oh, things have been busy and in my direction since I've been gone! I'll post here in case people want to ask me something now specifically, but if you want to know my motifs, I'll list them.

First, I'm not cop (figure it's worth saying).

Next, let your cop investigate me. You'll have wasted a vote on the town and will regret it.

"The most practical purpose a Vanilla Townie has is its capacity to draw the Mafia's Night-kill away from power roles via Day play."

From the Mafia Wiki. I have been making moves and following certain responses in hopes to make someone trip up and possibly protect the cop. Now it seems I know who the cop is, so now it's up to the reads I think I have made within that time from people reacting to my suspicious behavior for my vote. It's been very worthwhile, as now my behavior has gotten the opinions and actions on almost everyone in the thread, and I feel I know now who is with me in the town.

In this case, I want to wait for my vote until pawndidater actually says some more myself. I don't have enough info there yet and I want to see him talk before I make a final decision.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I am not asking you, or anyone, to vote for pawndidater. And I probably am not going to do so, because even if my hunch about him is right, with the amount that he's posted, the amount of evidence I could bring to bear against him is slim at best. Lynching him would be a shot in the dark and not tell us a great deal.

No, the reason i've been pushing pawndidater is mostly because people have been ignoring him, and he has been ignoring the thread. Typically when you call someone scum for no reason they at least have the decency to respond in some way; your description of me as being 'silly and unhelpful' being a case in point.

But being silly and unhelpful doesn't make me scum.

Right now i'm not particularly in favour of lynching Capps, because to me he doesn't really fit the profile of a kind of nervous scum player. In terms of the tone of his posts, and the things that he has pushed so far, none of that reads particularly scummy to me.

To elaborate, for instance when he said 'i'll wait for other players to move their votes' that does not read to me as a scum player who is trying to be careful about what they say; wlhat he is saying is kinda scummy, which is why it is not the sort of thing scum players tend to say. As a comparison look at when pokegeof said 'i don't want to be scum'; which is also (presumably, based on the current lack of counter-claim), the sort of thing which a townie says because they are not being careful/nervous.

So, i'm not particularly in favour of lynching Capps. But i'm not against it. As i've said, I think Kirbi and Scary are town, i'm town, and pokegeof is presumably town. If I had a strong preference as to who I wanted to lynch, I would be pushing that now, but sadly I do not.

I am the sort of player who is not particularly up-front with their reads, and my reads don't always correspond with who I am questioning or pushing. For that I apologise, because I realize it's the sort of thing that might be hard to get to grips with when you're new to the game.

On top of this, I have a lot of thread power thanks to my activity and my position as an IC. I could probably push a few different lynches and have them go through without a hitch, but I don't want to do that. Not only because I am not sure who is most likely to be scum (mostly because of people's inactivity), but because I want to give you guys as newbies room to breathe and to do things on your own initiative.

This ended up being a kinda long post huh

Anyways, if people in general are in favour of lynching Capps, and he doesn't respond well to that, i'm more than willing to have that happen. And now I realise that that this looks like me saying 'huh I will lynch whoever town wants' but until one of J/pawndidater posts something I don't have any better alternatives to offer. Unless you just want to jam with me and get rid of the ridiculously redundant pawndidater.
Unvote
Fair enough, Kary. And I just think being silly and unhelpful doesn't... well... help. But I see what you're getting at anyway.

Oh, things have been busy and in my direction since I've been gone! I'll post here in case people want to ask me something now specifically, but if you want to know my motifs, I'll list them.

First, I'm not cop (figure it's worth saying).

Next, let your cop investigate me. You'll have wasted a vote on the town and will regret it.

"The most practical purpose a Vanilla Townie has is its capacity to draw the Mafia's Night-kill away from power roles via Day play."

From the Mafia Wiki. I have been making moves and following certain responses in hopes to make someone trip up and possibly protect the cop. Now it seems I know who the cop is, so now it's up to the reads I think I have made within that time from people reacting to my suspicious behavior for my vote. It's been very worthwhile, as now my behavior has gotten the opinions and actions on almost everyone in the thread, and I feel I know now who is with me in the town.

In this case, I want to wait for my vote until pawndidater actually says some more myself. I don't have enough info there yet and I want to see him talk before I make a final decision.
You're assuming you're not the miller. If the cop investigates you (and if the cop is Pokemon, he's not killed), you could be the miller and have a negative result anyway. Not sure if it would be wise to ask the cop to do that.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Unvote
Fair enough, Kary. And I just think being silly and unhelpful doesn't... well... help. But I see what you're getting at anyway.

You're assuming you're not the miller. If the cop investigates you (and if the cop is Pokemon, he's not killed), you could be the miller and have a negative result anyway. Not sure if it would be wise to ask the cop to do that.

I do guess that is a fair point, didn't think about that. Hopefully the rest of my post rings through though.

Top Bottom