• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Murica vs Canehdia - Game Over, MURICA WINS!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If I don't reply as often, it's cause my laptop pretty much blew sparks out of the back. :/ a week before college starts too.

Just a heads up. I'm still in wait.

Kirbification

Smash Cadet
ok gimme a sec

I'm not actively opposing the Poke wagon because I haven't caught up on the last two pages but I'mma Unvote before people get freaky

reading now

Kirbification

Smash Cadet
Disfunk would but he didn't intend on not having internet for a couple days. He didn't talk during the pregame because nothing was happening. Besides he made one WHOLE post in the sign up thread? Isn't that enough? Man you people are greedy.
Sassy.

I don't want to be a scum. I really dont.

I Unvote J.
Flustered.
To be honest I'm not sure I'd hop on the anti-Poke wagon based on this alone. I feel like this is mostly just panicked newbie, and not indicative of alignment.

I'm keeping my vote for ToasterBrains.

Mostly because I find him MUCH too active for the first part of the game. He doesn't seem comfortable in his place and has to try and go farther out of his way then most to try and figure out where people stand.
I think your stick-to-itiveness is a nice characteristic.

I don't get that vibe to be honest. I think he's got a very nice activity level and I think it seems more towny than not. Now that he's not so much cycling through votes I think he's got a good thing going.

Unvote: ToasterBrains

Vote: pokemongeof

Sorry, that comment really is just too suspicious for me. You need to defend yourself or I would advocate we all vote the same.
Or, uh, not?

This seems kind of opportunistic. I mean, he only has had two whole responses. Were you actually sold on this vote or were you just placing it to put him in a tight spot?

it was just an apology of sorts. But maybe I could have said it in a way so that I don't sound weird
Hindsight is 20/20.
Live and learn.

I know I sounded suspicious, and I may have looked like a scum. But all im trying to do is have a fun game. I shouldn't jump to conclusions just because people are curious about what I said in the past.

And the ganging up is ok. There will be allies, and there will be the opponents. Just we must make conclusions to win the game. I understand that.
Acceptance is the first step.

Since you are so new, I feel kind of bad since you basically accepted the pressure. But empathy is a cruel mistress, so I must stay ambivalent!

But, like, I generally don't like AtE's, which this is. In my limited experience, it's dependent on the perpetrator as to whether it's towny or scummy, but I can't decide which way to go for you.
However, there is a big shift in tone between "Please, I'm not scum," and "You guys are being okay." Being flustered to apologetic is a logical progression, but I'm leaning on the side of the fence that is concluding "You're not sure what to say against pressure as scum, so you're just hopping between extremes to appease the town." As in, you're unaware of how to respond as scum and decide "Well, if they didn't like that, I'll just say something I know they'll like!"
Though this could go both ways, and, because of your inexperience, I don't want to jump to one side or the other.

Someone has to be voted out first, unless someone gives as huge tell it's generally random. He's a good candidate as of this moment, if that changes I may change my mind too.
Uh this might just be my Epicmafia experience talking (which is a VERY different meta, mind), but I think a no lynch is better than a mislynch. Shouldn't we keep discussion going as long as possible? I don't see why we should off anyone yet.
Stifling discussion? Maybe. Opportunistic? A bit.

Not to be bashing anyone, but i possibly think J is somewhat suspicious. He/She (IDK which one XD) is a tiny bit suspicious
Honey, you're not bashing. This game is about finding the suspicious! For future reference: People won't take offense to you being genuinely dubious, because that's what the game is about.
That said, I do think this is kind of sketchy. You don't want to insult anyone because you don't want to be on anyone's bad side and be lynched. Granted, neither side is very keen on getting lynched, but I think this reads a tad of maladroit scum trying to reach for approval.

Also, J is an interesting choice.

Will continue reading in a minute.
Poke is looking mostly flustered neophyte scum but I think page 7 is a bit too early to be hopping to definitive conclusions. Or at least, one can be made, but I think we should let discussion go on for a bit longer to flesh out early reads.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
as an aside Capps your new avatar is too flipping cute

Thank you! That's my kid! :D

(Sneaky tactic, complimenting my child so I wont want to vote for you! SCUM! :awesome:)

In the end, I really want to see pokemongof ACTUALLY respond. I'm guessing it really was first time jitters, but he's gotta do some more talking so I can get a grasp on him. He's not winning me over.

Kirbification

Smash Cadet
He's been saying sort of weird stuff in his scare posts.
that is hella reachy

Are you just trying to divert attention? I legitimately cannot see why you would pull out those posts out of everything that has been said thus far.

Meh. To be honest I don't find anyone suspicious. But is it uncommon to call someone a scum?
Backpedaling. Hrrrmmmm. Caught overextending perhaps?

Also, it's not uncommon to call someone scum because all games have scum and they must always be caught. What did you mean by this question, though?

My vote sticks, Kary, want to end the day?
still sounding a bit stifley of da convorsashuns and opportunistic
I'd say "oh he's just super confident" but then you said
Not 100% confident,
and I was like "mmmmmmmkay"

Granted, 100% is a big number and being 100% confident in something is basically setting yourself up for failure. So, about how confident are you? I know he's your lynch candidate du jour so I know you've gotta be like 60+ or something but give me a number so I can see.

that apology and lackluster response makes him a fine candidate. Someone has to go first, and my vote is staying that was.

If he turned up town, I guess my random first guess was bad, the most I could do was look at the behaviors that brought along his death and look at them with more suspicion.
also I don't like how you say his actions make him a fine candidate and then you say this is basically a "random first guess." Probably just a wording folly but it stuck out because of how your other posts read to me.
Random would not be the word you are correct, my decision based on not as much data as I would like would be better. Still, I'm not changing my vote until Pokemongof convinces me I should.

I know this don't worry. I was asking more to see how you reacted to and assessed this situation of a possible early lynch.
oh ok, well yeah.

Never hurts to ask, reactions are always worth noting.

I'll change my vote when others do.
uh I thought you would only change your vote if Poke convinced you that you should, not if the bandwagon veers in a diff. direction

I've decided I'm probably he's probably going to be the first person I talk to in the event that toDay's lynch is town.
well in the case of Poke personally
but sameish
I said I'll change my vote when others do, because anyone can say they have a roll where they can investigate, but just be lying. If others think they trust this assertion, I will reconsider. But for now, I have nothing to go on.
I don't see how sheeping to the crowd instead of sticking to your guns is a valid strategy. Would you really vote Pawn if everyone else did, even if you weren't personally in accord? Seems like a weird way to go about a lynch.
Also for the last sentence, you mean nothing to go on in relation to a Pawn lynch, right?

Alright, then I shall change my stance on the matter, thank you for clarifying.

I wont change my vote yet though, as I do want to see Prawndoodles actually say a bit more then he has before I make a decision. If he does keep that quite though, I'll reconsider.
wait what I'm confused

Kary literally just said that it is the result of ~super special magic~ that he knows the alignment of Pawn, and you say that you're changing your stance? Can you reword that to me, because I'm really not sure I'm getting you right now.

To recapitulate, Poke is still looking panicked newbscum and Capps is looken kind of suspish if you catch my drift.

also some minor addendumbs because I don't feel like going back through my post to find the appropriate placement:

I'm actually against rushing through the Day, as a rule. It's tempting sometimes, but you just don't learn as much.

Besides, I don't know if you're aware, but it's an open setup, and certain roles are known to be town. I don't want to lynch anyone without giving them a chance to claim one of those roles.
I agree. Give poke a chance to vouch for himself and claim if we get that far into a lynch.

Why are they weird?
Poke, if you actually did mean to assert that J is looking suspicious, I would really appreciate if you answered the question above.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Sorry, I'm a bit dyslexic and at times sentences make complete sense to me, but not to others. Let me try to clarify all that I was saying.

that is hella reachy

Are you just trying to divert attention? I legitimately cannot see why you would pull out those posts out of everything that has been said thus far.

Backpedaling. Hrrrmmmm. Caught overextending perhaps?

Also, it's not uncommon to call someone scum because all games have scum and they must always be caught. What did you mean by this question, though?
You are seeing why pokemongof still looks sketchy to me.

My sureness that he is scum is such at this particular moment, that I will not change my vote unless others give me reason to, when I said until others change their vote, I should have been more specific and said something along the lines of "until other actions I see happening may convince me to evaluate my decision" as there are many things that could happen to change where I want to vote.

wait what I'm confused

Kary literally just said that it is the result of ~super special magic~ that he knows the alignment of Pawn, and you say that you're changing your stance? Can you reword that to me, because I'm really not sure I'm getting you right now.
To me it was looking like Kary was possibly asserting that an investigation roll was used. Kary said that was not the case, so I changed how I was looking at the situation.

I agree. Give poke a chance to vouch for himself and claim if we get that far into a lynch.

Poke, if you actually did mean to assert that J is looking suspicious, I would really appreciate if you answered the question above.
I'm waiting on this too, I really will stick to my guns here unless some event is momentous enough to change how things look. Come on pokemongof, talk to us.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
So wait are pplz allowed to say what role they are if they have a special role?

Are you asking because you have a special role?

I could say I was any role I wanted probably, or at least insinuate it so people might see. You don't HAVE to come out and say it.

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
gotcha.

Also i've been pretty bad defending myself. First trying to look innocent, then try to apologize my way out of it.

As you can see, the only person that i have my eye on is J. but he hasn't been posting as much. Why is he waiting on the sidelines, watching our decisions be made?

Also, I haven't been that suspicious to anyone else. And I see that some people are trying to convict me due to my previous posts. We cannot jump to conclusions yet; after all, I was being honest in those posts.

And finally. Why were those posts made by J weird?

From looking at J's posts, it seems he/she pinned me as a scum right at the beginning of the game. He really hasn't posted that much ever since the game started. So, without really explaining why he is trying to lynch me, he already has.

J, if your trying to convict me as scum, give me more reasons why.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I know I sounded suspicious, and I may have looked like a scum. But all im trying to do is have a fun game. I shouldn't jump to conclusions just because people are curious about what I said in the past.

And the ganging up is ok. There will be allies, and there will be the opponents. Just we must make conclusions to win the game. I understand that.
Just a warning here but do no edit your posts in the future.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Day 1.1

1. pokemongeof - J (IC), Capps
2. ScaryLB59, -
3. Capps
4. ToasterBrains -
5. Kirbification
6. Disfunkshunal - Kirbification,
7. Pawndidater2 - Kary (IC),
8. J (IC)
9. Kary (IC) - Pawndidater2,
Not Voting -pokemongeof, Disfunkshunal, ToasterBrains, ScaryLB59,

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch. Deadline is at August 24th 11:59PM CST.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Hi guys. Let me talk about roles briefly, because there have been a few questions.

Firstly, this is an open setup. This means that all the players know what roles are in the game. Here's the list, taken from the rules in post #1:

4 Vanillia townies
1 Miller (uninformed)
1 Cop
1 Bodyguard
1 Godfather
1 Goon

All of these roles are divided up amongst all of the players.

Vanilla townies have no special abilities, only their vote and ice.
Mafia goons are like vanilla townies; they have no special powers. But because they are mafiosi they get to talk to other mafia members, and between them, kill a player each night.

The bodyguard may choose one player each Night phase to protect, and if that player would be killed, the bodyguard dies instead.
The cop may investigate one player each Night phase, in order to find out if they are innocent (town) or guilty (scum); but see also below:

The godfather is a mafia player who appears innocent if investigated.
The miller is a town player who appears guilty. This player does not know that they are the miller; they think they're a vanilla townie.

Now, you are NOT allowed to post, quote, or otherwise directly copy information from your role PM. Sharing that kind of information can break the game, so this is srs bsns.

however, you are welcome to say what your role is. If you're the cop, you're allowed to say as much. You can say you're the cop even if you're not; this is all within the rules.

I should also talk about claims (saying what your role is). In general, you want to keep your role to yourself.

The short version is, because this is an open setup, if only one person is claiming to be a given power role, you can be sure that they have that role.
If two people are claiming to be a given power role, then there's something fishy going on.

I may cover who should claim what, and when, in a later post.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Guys if you're voting or unvoting someone it's a big help to just put it at the start of your post.

Ruy, have a look at these please.

Day 1.1

1. pokemongeof - J (IC), Capps
2. ScaryLB59, -
3. Capps
4. ToasterBrains -
5. Kirbification
6. Disfunkshunal - Kirbification,
7. Pawndidater2 - Kary (IC),
8. J (IC)
9. Kary (IC) - Pawndidater2,
Not Voting -pokemongeof,Disfunkshunal, ToasterBrains, ScaryLB59,
Why are they weird?
The first post is just him asking Kirb questions after Kirb compared yours and Scary's entrances.

The second one is just nudging him to answer the second question because he didn't.

Vote: PokemonSorry. It just seems like you're grasping for straws.
ok gimme a sec

I'm not actively opposing the Poke wagon because I haven't caught up on the last two pages but I'mma Unvote before people get freaky

reading now

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Err... Didn't I have a vote on Pokemon already? Hm. Though his longer post was more fleshed out, I'm not faltering my vote just yet. His defense for his previous votes was that he was "being honest". I think claiming one's own honesty is a bit off.

Just for good measure:
vote: Pokemon

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
Sorry for that answering that question.

So, is there anyone who I feel confident is a townie?

The answer to that is yes. I think Kary is a townie. Why? Because Kary is one of the only people who is trying to get answers instead of convicting so early. Now Kary isn't necessarily protecting me, but at least he/she is playing the game smart. If, Kary is playing smart, that is.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Questioning everyone actively isn't a magic way to clear yourself from being scum. Scum can put up that facade as easily as a town can. How can you be sure Kary is town based on that, Pokemon?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Is Kary "playing smart" just because he isn't going to vote for you this early?

Remember, I was the same way until you slipped in my eyes.

Kirbification

Smash Cadet
I have a vote? That's news to me.
naw you don't RR's just being a sillypants

You are seeing why pokemongof still looks sketchy to me.

My sureness that he is scum is such at this particular moment, that I will not change my vote unless others give me reason to, when I said until others change their vote, I should have been more specific and said something along the lines of "until other actions I see happening may convince me to evaluate my decision" as there are many things that could happen to change where I want to vote.
okay so I get what you mean then

tho "others change their vote" is a pretty big leap from "I see suspicious activity from the source in question."

Holy moly! Wall of Kirbification.

Catching up after recovering from dying due to heavy duty workout.
oh man workouts

i like to yoga
low intensity
cleanses the soooooul

From looking at J's posts, it seems he/she pinned me as a scum right at the beginning of the game. He really hasn't posted that much ever since the game started. So, without really explaining why he is trying to lynch me, he already has.

J, if your trying to convict me as scum, give me more reasons why.
I think you're misconstruing J's RVS vote as a legitimate pegging for scum, which is kind of a mismatched OMGUS move in a weird inadvertent way

Quote the posts you feel J had "pinned" you as scum and explain why you believe they're him being convinced of your scummage. Unless I've missed something pretty big, I'm not really sure what you're talking about.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I think you're misconstruing J's RVS vote as a legitimate pegging for scum, which is kind of a mismatched OMGUS move in a weird inadvertent way

Quote the posts you feel J had "pinned" you as scum and explain why you believe they're him being convinced of your scummage. Unless I've missed something pretty big, I'm not really sure what you're talking about.
but J is still voting pokegeof, right? at this point you have to consider that as a serious vote.

Kirbification

Smash Cadet
but J is still voting pokegeof, right? at this point you have to consider that as a serious vote.
oh yeah votes are a thing

but, like, he specifically referred to J's posts so I was thinking that was his main complaint per se so i was liek "le whaaaaaat"

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
oh yeah votes are a thing

but, like, he specifically referred to J's posts so I was thinking that was his main complaint per se so i was liek "le whaaaaaat"

YOU SAID "le"

CANADIAN CONFIRMED!!! :awesome:

I'd like to see more from J and Pokemongof for sure though, talk guys talk!

Kirbification

Smash Cadet
YOU SAID "le"

CANADIAN CONFIRMED!!! :awesome:

I'd like to see more from J and Pokemongof for sure though, talk guys talk!
oh my holy maple syrup i guess it's time to turn in the hockeysweat-stained towel eh

also, I know I'm sort of harping on Disfunk (uns uns uns [that wasl ike a dance club beat]) to be more yappy but I would like to hear more from his as well and also J and Poke like Capps said

I mean Disfunk's spoken but it wasn't anything too substantial and I'd just like to go into Day 2 with a baseline of what I feel about erryone.

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
Questioning everyone actively isn't a magic way to clear yourself from being scum. Scum can put up that facade as easily as a town can. How can you be sure Kary is town based on that, Pokemon?

To be honest, I cannot 100% say that Kary is a townie. All I can do is use the information in front of me and make a inference.

Also, if anyone still believes im scum, I am actually a cop.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
It looks like Pokemon might get picked off if he isn't lynched. If he isn't scum pretending to be a cop, anyway.

If nobody counter claims then day two will be interesting.

Unless Pokemon doesn't die at all.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
oh my holy maple syrup i guess it's time to turn in the hockeysweat-stained towel eh

also, I know I'm sort of harping on Disfunk (uns uns uns [that wasl ike a dance club beat]) to be more yappy but I would like to hear more from his as well and also J and Poke like Capps said

I mean Disfunk's spoken but it wasn't anything too substantial and I'd just like to go into Day 2 with a baseline of what I feel about erryone.
Haha I should post more just so you can get a read on me? I like you and everything man but you're not that special. I gave my 2¢ already and there's nothing left to add.

Top Bottom