• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Murica vs Canehdia - Game Over, MURICA WINS!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Someone, open to anyone, give me opinions on the differences between Poke's entrance and Scary's entrances
Malicious!!!!!!

Vote: Pokemon

Pretty funny reason J.

LOL im a newb and i've already got 2 votes! Naw its kewl.

Vote: J

Why? Too short of a name
Well we know this: Scary aligned his vote against Poke with you, J, whereas Poke voted for J. They're in opposition to each other.

However, I can't assume much from this as they're probably just being silly. That doesn't make it any less of an opposition, though.

Kirbification

Smash Cadet
oh it didn't register in my head that that was like something that was meant to elicit responses. I might as well answer it because it doesn't really harm anything to

They both came in and kind of shirked off their respective votes (Toaster on Scary [no longer applicable], Scary and J on Pokemon) but I feel like the way Pokemon drew attention to the fact that he was a newb is somewhat worth noting. Maybe not a big hit for the records, but something to keep in mind in case referring to his inexperience becomes a recurring trope. Surely we're all a bit newbish here so I don't see the need to point it out and scoff at it. I think if he pulls the newb card a lot, he could be trying to set himself some kind of escape route if he were given the question "Are you dumb or scum?" In this case, he could just say, "Well, the first, duh" and let it be.
Of course that's a ways away and pending on the variable of him actually making it an ordeal so, like, yeah.
But I'd like to put up for the records that I don't like how he entirely ignored my question. U: I think that might be in part to how he might not have given the thread a thorough read and went ahead to post anyway.

Also there's the voting. Pokemon's was kind of OMGUS but he says otherwise--J voted Pokemon firstly, Pokemon votes J back. I think that's something to think about, but not, like, hard. Given that Pokemon, like the most of us, is still a mafia toddler, being a bit OMGUS isn't terribly telling. Not to mention it may not have been intentional OMGUS given the silly reasoning he put out later. It's not, like, unintentional OMGUS (as in, he would have been completely unaware of J's vote and voted J) because he acknowledges the votes against him.

Scary's vote was kind of sheeping--J voted Pokemon firstly, Scary votes Pokemon secondly. The proximity of the two voteposts kind of works in this reaches favor, but
Of course I'm taking it seriously, just having a bit of trouble casting any suspicions at this early stage of the game.
leads me to dissuade myself from actually making any allegations of sheepiness.

I might just be overthinking in the wrong areas, but I feel as if both Pokemon's and Scary's entrances are just kind of like "there's this, but I can't really say anything too hardcore about it until he posts more."

so to summarize:
don't like how Poke drew attention to newbness
don't lke how Poke ignored my question
Poke might have OMGUS'd but this isn't too much in either way
Scary might have been sheeping but probably wasn't

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Well, Kirb, who's your least townie read so far then?
Seems like you don't like Poke and he made all of 1 post.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Kirbi, which of Poke/Scary is scummier of the two?

Could Poke/Scary be apart of the same scum-team?

Kirbification

Smash Cadet
Can't say I really dislike Poke as far as scum/towniness is concerned, because that's mostly dependent on how he treats those two things I disliked. Disliked was used more in lieu of "Will keep an eye on the fact that" or something akin. If he treats what I dislike in the ways I described, he'll definitely go down the scale into scummy.

That said, my least townie read would have to be Poke because of how little I have to work with, yet finding things to dislike. I could scale it like I did with Pawn, 5 being neutral, and Poke's score would be a mostly meaningless 4.95 but interactions with him are still early yet. I'm not terribly comfortable voting him for an actual lynch atm, but to appease Kary who requested votage I'll give it a go.
Vote: Pokemongeof

Kirbification

Smash Cadet
@J I'd say Poke is the scummier of the two. Scary's more null for me and I feel as if Poke is the ever-so-slightest scumlean.

I wouldn't rule out a Pokescary scum team. I haven't really thought about who might be scumbuddies honestly, so that's more of an "Uh, yeah, I guess," than anything.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
belated EBWOP:

What I meant by "Disfunk answer scary's question too" was "Answer the question I asked Scary"
also Disfunk should, like, talk in general
Disfunk would but he didn't intend on not having internet for a couple days. He didn't talk during the pregame because nothing was happening. Besides he made one WHOLE post in the sign up thread? Isn't that enough? Man you people are greedy.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Disfunk would but he didn't intend on not having internet for a couple days. He didn't talk during the pregame because nothing was happening. Besides he made one WHOLE post in the sign up thread? Isn't that enough? Man you people are greedy.
Oh, hey, there you are. A bit testy, nonetheless.

I don't want to be a scum. I really dont.
Try to bold the Vote or Unvote commands.

Also what do you mean by this sentence?

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I'm keeping my vote for ToasterBrains.

Mostly because I find him MUCH too active for the first part of the game. He doesn't seem comfortable in his place and has to try and go farther out of his way then most to try and figure out where people stand.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I wouldn't call it testy just playfully sarcastic. The last part should've made that clear. Only scum would fail to pick up a joke IMO.

pawndidater2

Smash Journeyman
Listen. My post maybe was short, but I tried expressing myself without making the post too long.

I don't want to be a scum. I really dont.

I Unvote J.
It's okay to have long posts. It's actually kind of counterproductive to try and keep it short.
If you don't want to look like scum then do something. So far you've made a vote for no reason when there was plenty going on and then apologized for looking scummy. You're not making a good case for yourself.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Unvote: ToasterBrains

Vote: pokemongeof

Sorry, that comment really is just too suspicious for me. You need to defend yourself or I would advocate we all vote the same.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm keeping my vote for ToasterBrains.

Mostly because I find him MUCH too active for the first part of the game. He doesn't seem comfortable in his place and has to try and go farther out of his way then most to try and figure out where people stand.
I like talking. I don't like when people are just silent so I do the opposite of that. Why does it bother you that I'm trying to figure out people's stances?
The very fact that you're expressing distaste towards information collection is hardly townie.

I am quite comfortable. c:

I wouldn't call it testy just playfully sarcastic. The last part should've made that clear. Only scum would fail to pick up a joke IMO.
Scum must be fun at parties.
I apologize that I picked up your aggravated statements as meaning you were aggravated.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Sorry, that comment really is just too suspicious for me. You need to defend yourself or I would advocate we all vote the same.
I'll jump on the train if and only if he does something that's more meaningful than newbie rabble. You guys can all look deeper at it than I do, and that's fine and dandy, but I don't find it cause for concern.

He just seems a bit nervous is all.
Though I am uneasy that you're implying that you would be in support of ganging up on him.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I'll jump on the train if and only if he does something that's more meaningful than newbie rabble. You guys can all look deeper at it than I do, and that's fine and dandy, but I don't find it cause for concern.

He just seems a bit nervous is all.
Though I am uneasy that you're implying that you would be in support of ganging up on him.

Someone has to be voted out first, unless someone gives as huge tell it's generally random. He's a good candidate as of this moment, if that changes I may change my mind too.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Someone has to be voted out first, unless someone gives as huge tell it's generally random. He's a good candidate as of this moment, if that changes I may change my mind too.
Indeed.
I'll have a vote by the end of today. And by today, I literally mean August 18th.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Poke, it's ok to be nervous. Most of us don't have too many games logged and I feel a bit of a uneasiness in your post but it also seems like nerves as well.

My problem is your statement of "I don't want to be scum, I really don't"

You already sound defeated as if you've been caught. If you are town, this is not something you want to convey to the audience. There's time to turn it around but right now I like where my vote is.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Poke, it's ok to be nervous. Most of us don't have too many games logged and I feel a bit of a uneasiness in your post but it also seems like nerves as well.

My problem is your statement of "I don't want to be scum, I really don't"

You already sound defeated as if you've been caught. If you are town, this is not something you want to convey to the audience. There's time to turn it around but right now I like where my vote is.
Yeah, no matter how many times I read that statement I interpret it as "Agh. I'm scum but this sucks. Can I just not be?"

Though I'm not taking it in that way for the time being.
I think I'll decide whether or not I want to vote for him based on his next reply.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Is there really time to turn it around? He can say he didn't mean that, that it was just poor word choice but will that lower all eyebrows? He can, from this point onward, make posts that sound more in line with townie motifs but the argument could be made that he's covering his tracks plus depending on how he does it people could point out a discrepancy between his earlier posts and his later posts and still condemn him. He doesn't have a lot of options right now.

@Toaster
You can't honestly expect me to accept that halfhearted apology.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Let me help.

Unvote

I don't think we should end the day just yet. A little more from Poke first before anything. The last game I played was my first and I burned myself something awful day 1 but I trudged on. There's still plenty of time in the day so find some traction before you get buried.

@Disfunkshunal: I agree that it's gonna be hard to dissuade everyone but I'd like to see what else he says under this pressure. Could be good or bad, who knows?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Is there really time to turn it around? He can say he didn't mean that, that it was just poor word choice but will that lower all eyebrows? He can, from this point onward, make posts that sound more in line with townie motifs but the argument could be made that he's covering his tracks plus depending on how he does it people could point out a discrepancy between his earlier posts and his later posts and still condemn him. He doesn't have a lot of options right now.

@Toaster
You can't honestly expect me to accept that halfhearted apology.
*brings nose to the ground* Forgive me, for I have Disfunk'd dishonored my family.
There is time to turn it around, but it all depends on his next post. His very next post could very well make it or break it for him, poor guy. However he reacts to the pressure will say a lot.

Then again, he could just be too nervous and new to know any better.

This day is going to end much sooner than expected, it seems.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Not that i'm asking you to apologize, or that an apology is even necessary.

Moreover, just say what you think of everyone ganging up on you like this.

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
I know I sounded suspicious, and I may have looked like a scum. But all im trying to do is have a fun game. I shouldn't jump to conclusions just because people are curious about what I said in the past.

And the ganging up is ok. There will be allies, and there will be the opponents. Just we must make conclusions to win the game. I understand that.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I know I sounded suspicious, and I may have looked like a scum. But all im trying to do is have a fun game. I shouldn't jump to conclusions just because people are curious about what I said in the past.

And the ganging up is ok. There will be allies, and there will be the opponents. Just we must make conclusions to win the game. I understand that.
Hm. You should do one of the following:
-Read from page 3 to this page and tell me who think is the most suspicious.
-Give everyone a reason why they shouldn't vote for you.

As it stands, it's not improbable that you're nervous this game, and I can imagine being one of the only two scums in one of your first games (if not THE first game) would be nerve wracking.

Why shouldn't I vote for you?

Top Bottom