• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Murica vs Canehdia - Game Over, MURICA WINS!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
The day began, and war started.​
Canehdia and Murica declared War!​
Day 1 begins.

1. pokemongeof
2. ScaryLB59,
3. AylasHero
4. ToasterBrains
5. Kirbification
6. Disfunkshunal
7. Pawndidater2
8. J (IC)
9. Kary (IC)
Not Voting -pokemongeof, ScaryLB59, AylasHero, ToasterBrains, Kirbification, Disfunkshunal, Pawndidater2, J (IC), Kary (IC)

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch. Deadline is at August 24th 11:59PM CST.​

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I see no reason to play along with your jokes, Kary, however obviously whimsical you may seem at the moment.

Call me lieutenant buzzkill if you must.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Oh hai.

some people would describe this part of the game as 'RVS' or random voting stage. Why? because you, as a townie, have no information to work with at this point in time.

If you were to vote for someone, it would be essentially random at this point in time. So why bother?

Well, because unless you put yourself forward and do something right about now, the game will not progress. Scum will not be found. Reads on other players will not develop.

As a result, I feel vindicated in voting J. I'm developing the game state and you should be too. Even if he is lynched and flips town it is not of particular concern because it gives me more information to work with.

So join me.

and don't do drugs!

Kirbification

Smash Cadet
I see the logic behind a Kary-based J wagon so I'mma leave him/her to it for now and see how that all unfolds.

But since I have a vote and I'mma damn well use it Vote:

Kirbification

Smash Cadet
oops clicked post instead of back on the text box

vote: disfunkshunal was what was supposed to happen.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Oh hai.

some people would describe this part of the game as 'RVS' or random voting stage. Why? because you, as a townie, have no information to work with at this point in time.

If you were to vote for someone, it would be essentially random at this point in time. So why bother?

Well, because unless you put yourself forward and do something right about now, the game will not progress. Scum will not be found. Reads on other players will not develop.

As a result, I feel vindicated in voting J. I'm developing the game state and you should be too. Even if he is lynched and flips town it is not of particular concern because it gives me more information to work with.

So join me.

and don't do drugs!
Duh, and that's why I'm saving my vote.
I want to see everyone's random votes first. c:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
and you realise that that sort of behaviour is not universaliseable, because if everyone did that then nothing would happen.

and then you vote me and make me sad. why would you do such a thing.

?
I only bothered to do it because I know nobody else would. Otherwise I wouldn't.

Why would it make you sad? This is RVS after all, teacher. :cool:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I only bothered to do it because I know nobody else would. Otherwise I wouldn't.

Why would it make you sad? This is RVS after all, teacher. :cool:
you didn't elaborate on why you voted for me. now you could say that it was random but i didn't see you roll any dice.

and it makes me sad because i'm town, and still you're throwing your lot in with the highly suspect pawndidater2

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
you didn't elaborate on why you voted for me. now you could say that it was random but i didn't see you roll any dice.

and it makes me sad because i'm town, and still you're throwing your lot in with the highly suspect pawndidater2
Keep reacting, I'm taking notes.

He's suspect because he voted for you? Duly noted.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
OMGUS all the way.
OMGUS, or 'Oh my god you suck' is usually used to explain a retaliatory vote or push, which is jusstified by the poor quality of the push/vote which prompts it.

i'm not voting you though. i'm just idly suggesting you're scum.

you're voting me because of my username?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Stop taking me seriously ._.

As with everyone else, I have no reason to vote for anyone.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
well it's obvious that no-one would trust me to be town just because of my position as IC. that would be silly to assume.

you must have been joking.
or pehaps you're scum trying to get rid of a strong player such as myself. just a hypothesis.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
but of course. i gave you two explanations and one of them was that you're scum. you would always choose the other.

this has been informative. i wonder what the other players think?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
but of course. i gave you two explanations and one of them was that you're scum. you would always choose the other.

this has been informative. i wonder what the other players think?
It's too soon to make a judgment on it, I would think. Nothing looks weird yet.

oops clicked post instead of back on the text box

vote: disfunkshunal was what was supposed to happen.
Kirb, what's your opinion on their seemingly superfluous argument?

Kirbification

Smash Cadet
Too inconclusive for concrete scrutinization.

As for Kary, a flip onto their voter seems kind of unprovoked given

but
unless you put yourself forward and do something right about now, the game will not progress. Scum will not be found. Reads on other players will not develop.
So, like, I think of his reaction as more of a mellow rebuttal. Like more of a "okay, yeah, whatever, you're on me. Are you gonna stick to that?" fishing for Pawn's reaction instead. The old fliparoo or something.
I can dig an outwardly townie vibe from that. I'd also like to trust him like deep down 'cause he's an IC but I don't want to because if he's not town I'll cry 5ever.

But, like, Pawn seemed kind of coy. He had a nice confidence though, and I can dig that. I'd think as newbie, scum would have a tizzy if they were even barely put under the radar. He didn't seem too flustered. I'd say that's a good sign for his alignment.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Too inconclusive for concrete scrutinization.

As for Kary, a flip onto their voter seems kind of unprovoked given

but

So, like, I think of his reaction as more of a mellow rebuttal. Like more of a "okay, yeah, whatever, you're on me. Are you gonna stick to that?" fishing for Pawn's reaction instead. The old fliparoo or something.
I can dig an outwardly townie vibe from that. I'd also like to trust him like deep down 'cause he's an IC but I don't want to because if he's not town I'll cry 5ever.

But, like, Pawn seemed kind of coy. He had a nice confidence though, and I can dig that. I'd think as newbie, scum would have a tizzy if they were even barely put under the radar. He didn't seem too flustered. I'd say that's a good sign for his alignment.
Sounds about right. Though, I never place trust in someone because they're an IC. They're usually the ones who can cover scum the best unless they're purposefully dropping hints to make the game easier which is lame.

Anywho, 2 on Kary, 1 on J, and 1 on Disfunkshunal...
Unvote.

Actually,
Vote: ScarySpeak up.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
And I mean that in the most "you haven't posted yet and I want to see what you have to say" least malicious way possible.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Vote: Pokemon

Gotta catch 'em all!
Malicious!!!!!!

Pretty funny reason J.
I don't really like this. Two players both voting poké without really commenting on anything? I'm sure pokegeof can defend themselves, but still.

I'd expect more from J, at least. You busy or something honeybun? Don't make me ask your alignment now!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I was originally going to cycle my vote through everybody but then this happened:
Malicious!!!!!!

Pretty funny reason J.
And now I'm not sure if I want to change my vote.
It's possible he's just being silly, but it's still strange nonetheless.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Hmm...

Funny, I'm watching the thread and yet no notifications for people posting, bad smashboards!

Looks like we have an interesting beginning here.

Top Bottom