• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Murica vs Canehdia - Game Over, MURICA WINS!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Vote: ToasterBrains

Just because he keeps voting for people.
Hahaha, reasonable deduction!
Though, what would voting for different people repeatedly prove to gain for me? Just out of curiosity.

There has been a lot of seriousness during the early parts of RVS.

It does seem kinda odd.

Meh.
That's what I was thinking, but I'm just going with the flow.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Of course I'm taking it seriously, just having a bit of trouble casting any suspicions at this early stage of the game.

Also, I really just got a kick of J's "gotta catch em all comment" so I continued. Haven't bought my ticket for the J train yet.

Kirbification

Smash Cadet
To non-Toaster players: Is Toaster usually hoppy?

You're not going to get much out of a vote victim when you stay on them for a max of ten replies. Even if they see your vote, they're not going to be in a position to care much if they think you won't push it.

Is this you being noncommittal? Not sure I like that.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
To non-Toaster players: Is Toaster usually hoppy?

You're not going to get much out of a vote victim when you stay on them for a max of ten replies. Even if they see your vote, they're not going to be in a position to care much if they think you won't push it.

Is this you being noncommittal? Not sure I like that.
I'm not trying to push anyone further than a "ah, why the heck did you vote for me" reaction. It's the first part of the first day. So far it's been nobody except Kary, maybe, but I'm positive that's only because she's been a bit more serious from the get-go.

Pushing any farther would just be a waste of my time.

(Excuse me for answering your Non-Toaster question.)

Kirbification

Smash Cadet
I don't see why information now is somehow inferior to information later. I'd rather the interaction between Kary and Pawn have happened now than during day two, because then I can go into Day two or Day 1.5 (as in like midway through Day one) with something to work with instead of a "Now's time to hit the ground running!" attitude.

If I could get a nice solid push going now, I don't see why I shouldn't.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I don't see why information now is somehow inferior to information later. I'd rather the interaction between Kary and Pawn have happened now than during day two, because then I can go into Day two or Day 1.5 (as in like midway through Day one) with something to work with instead of a "Now's time to hit the ground running!" attitude.

If I could get a nice solid push going now, I don't see why I shouldn't.
Then get a push going.
Out of Kary, Pawn, and I, or any of the others for that matter, who is the most suspicious so far, going off the little information everyone has?
It's hard to make a determination for an honest vote. However, I'm taking a risk that cycling my votes for an immediate reaction would make me look more suspicious over everyone else. Though, if I don't get an immediate reaction, I don't see why I would get a reaction later on down the road unless if I have something on the other person. Which I don't. Not yet.

Information now isn't inferior, and I didn't realize I was implying that.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Though I suppose now that I've said what I was going to do, my "votes" wouldn't yield the small results they would have yielded regardless.
Unvote.

Kirbification

Smash Cadet
Then get a push going.
Out of Kary, Pawn, and I, or any of the others for that matter, who is the most suspicious so far, going off the little information everyone has?
It's hard to make a determination for an honest vote. However, I'm taking a risk that cycling my votes for an immediate reaction would make me look more suspicious over everyone else. Though, if I don't get an immediate reaction, I don't see why I would get a reaction later on down the road unless if I have something on the other person. Which I don't. Not yet.

Information now isn't inferior, and I didn't realize I was implying that.
This is sort of a push, is it not? I'm prodding you for some nice talk, and we're getting a decent exchange. I didn't mean push as in "I got your number. Just admit you're scum," but just moreso sparking some substantial conversation.

Anything I could pull against any three of you is vapid at best, but I did express feeling that Pawn and Kary both got minor townie cred based on the little things. If I was pressed to pick one of you three, it'd be you Monsieur Toaster, but it is a bit early and information is a bit sparse for an honest vote to be made. I'm not saying you're wrong in that no lynchings need to happen today.
I might have worded it a bit wrong, but that's not really what I'm asking. I'm thinking more along the lines of committal pressure. Cycling would just get little quips like your
Hahaha, reasonable deduction!
But your vote isn't the only weapon in your arsenal! You could badger people so words could fly. We play the game with words. You've got questions posed, but it's mostly just the "I see... your thoughts?" kind of thing. I like that, but I want to see mooooore! Like, get all up in people's grills and give them a piece of your mind! See what they got to say, if they got anything to say.

I kind of lost my train of thought in the middle of typing that, but basically what I'm thinking is: Being all "K, next on the voting checklist is X" is only going to get an "Uh, mkay" from passersbys. Their thought process will basically be to entirely ignore your vote and see what else there is to look at.

I'm not really here to lambast you and I didn't necessarily go into this thread with the mindset to give someone a grilling. I was just playing Saint's Row 2 so I'm feeling really edgy and tough, so my wording might have been inflected by that. I'm not meaning to hardhandedly imply that you're outright scummy, just acting a bit skirty about your vote and the niggling bug in my brain didn't jibe with that playstyle so I pointed it out. My thought process was mostly "I'm not sure he's got the right idea, maybe I should say something? Iunno, maybe that's just how he rolls. Couldn't hurt, I guess."
I'd say though that this behavior is a bit suspect. It's early in the game, yet, though, so there's not much I can say except that it kind of bugged me.

Now, Toaster isn't the only one guilty of being kind of skirty. He's at least posing questions and being talkative!

Scary, what are your thoughts on Kary's obstinateness in coaching a J vote? Do you think it's suspect or mostly innocuous?

Pokemon, answer the above as well. I want to know though, what do you know about Mafia and what familiarity do you have with it?
I might as well answer the same, since some of you may be wondering: I've played the Chat room versiony thingy EpicMafia for a decent amount of time and have had brief bouts of flirtation with forum mafia in the past, but nothing too extensive. I'm familiar enough to play a game and feel moderately comfortable, but I wouldn't say I really know what I'm doing in all honesty.
This is my first REAL experience in forum mafia, though, so I'm a bit jazzed. Maybe I've got high expectations for the pace of this game, but I want people to talk and talk goodly goshdarnit!

Capps, is Toasters' cycley behavior actually suspect, or is there just a bit of arbitrariness to your vote?

Disfunk, answer Scary's question too.

Personally, I feel as if Kary being on J makes a lot of sense because of their cooperative experience. He probably knows more about J than he does the rest of us. So, he feels as if pushing J's buttons would bear more fruit than if he pushed ours. What I figured, anyway.

Kirbification

Smash Cadet
Duh, and that's why I'm saving my vote.
I want to see everyone's random votes first. c:
Actually, I just saw this and was wondering: What between ^^^this^^^ and the present changed your mind as to preserving your vote?

also you did sort of warn that a cycle would be happening
I was originally going to cycle my vote through everybody but then this happened:

Kirbification

Smash Cadet
belated EBWOP:

What I meant by "Disfunk answer scary's question too" was "Answer the question I asked Scary"
also Disfunk should, like, talk in general

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Well you pretty much got what I was going for.
There really isn't anything to contribute to and me being "schizophrenic", as you say, with my votes is being just as effective as Kary being so (albeit somewhat as a joke) adamant about voting for J. There's nothing to back anything up right now. If they ignore my vote, it holds no weight, and there's no skin off my bones because I don't want my votes to hold much weight (at this point) anyway.

In other words, there's nothing for me to do really other than shove everyone. Though, my votes free now because there's no point anymore, because now it's getting interesting.

Kary, just for the sake of being clear, why J?
Just a joke on a fellow IC? Or are you trying to bait people into voting for him because you're an IC and could easily do it?
You know more of him than us all, but you also have more experience and that's why I'm not taking your badgering J seriously. It's probably some inside joke about him being scum a lot in other games.
So just for closure, why J?

Is that question good enough, Kirbi? Or could you be posing to be so... in-your-face, because you're scum?
That was a joke. I don't like posing theories on the amount people interrogate others unless it's painfully obvious.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Actually, I just saw this and was wondering: What between ^^^this^^^ and the present changed your mind as to preserving your vote?

also you did sort of warn that a cycle would be happening
I changed my vote right after that to Kary because Kary was explain RVS so I felt appropriate that I would "randomly" vote for Kary. It was more meaningless than random.
After that I figured I would just keep going in that sense to see what happens. Biggest reaction was you, and I figured I wouldn't get a text beating from anyone else, so I unvoted.

also Disfunk should, like, talk in general
Seconded.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
@Kirbification: Kary seems like Kary, and will do this to J. Only my second game but in the first one Kary did this to J as well so nothing too much to worry about......for now.

Kirbification

Smash Cadet
Is that question good enough, Kirbi? Or could you be posing to be so... in-your-face, because you're scum?
That was a joke. I don't like posing theories on the amount people interrogate others unless it's painfully obvious.
Kirbification Quality Inspection Agency verifies that the question was in fact of superlative quality and will permit you to live approximately 3.34 more earth days.

I changed my vote right after that to Kary because Kary was explain RVS so I felt appropriate that I would "randomly" vote for Kary. It was more meaningless than random.
Kay. I'd say that lines up with your abandon-laden "Bah, screw it."

also, pawn doesn't lean townie. he's null at best.
I wasn't really meaning to imply he was a townie lean. More like if 5 were completely null, he got promoted to 5.01 or something.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Kay. I'd say that lines up with your abandon-laden "Bah, screw it."
Oh, come now. I can't say "screw it" in the beginning of the game. There's just nothing to go by yet.
@Kirbification: Kary seems like Kary, and will do this to J. Only my second game but in the first one Kary did this to J as well so nothing too much to worry about......for now.
I figured as much. I figure it's time to care about it depending on what J says about it, if he even says something about it.
LOL im a newb and i've already got 2 votes! Naw its kewl.

Vote: J

Why? Too short of a name
Speak more, it's hard to get anywhere if it's only a few people doing anything.
Do you think Kirb is being too eager to get in everyone's face?

Kirbification

Smash Cadet
Oh, come now. I can't say "screw it" in the beginning of the game. There's just nothing to go by yet.
No, that's, like, actually what you said the post after the one I quoted. I was just contextualizing it and felt like your answer made sense when applied back into the situation and what you said then if that makes any sense. I think it does sort of?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
No, that's, like, actually what you said the post after the one I quoted. I was just contextualizing it and felt like your answer made sense when applied back into the situation and what you said then if that makes any sense. I think it does sort of?
OOOOH, I didn't think you meant that literally. I see what you're saying now.

Yeah.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I want to hear more from J, Capps, Dis, and Pokemans. Not that there's much to talk about besides Kary being Kary, me being skirty, and Kirb being more detective-like than I would expect someone to be this early. Not that that's a bad thing.

Though, Pokemon, are you comfortable with the 2 votes being on you? You're not necessarily in a bad position, there's also 2 on J (and 1 on Kary and 1 on me)

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Kary, just for the sake of being clear, why J?
Just a joke on a fellow IC? Or are you trying to bait people into voting for him because you're an IC and could easily do it?
You know more of him than us all, but you also have more experience and that's why I'm not taking your badgering J seriously. It's probably some inside joke about him being scum a lot in other games.
So just for closure, why J?
I kinda already answered this in #137. It would be uncharitable of me to start a push on a newbie, someone who maybe isn't prepared to have a bunch of votes against them or what to do in that situation.

You could also ask why I'm trying to push J rather than say asking questions or talking about players who are posting. The answer to that is that, generally, votes and the waggons that they form are good for the town.

If I tell everyone to vote J and everyone jumps on board and he dies, that's perhaps not the best result. But without giving people a reason to do something, and then asking them why they did it, or didn't, you don't learn anything.

J seems to be avoiding the thread, and isn't really contributing. Maybe he is busy, i've asked him as much. Maybe he's scum and he knows I can read him like a book. I expect to keep voting him until he responds, so we can determine his alignment.

Or we could just kill him, that'd tell us.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Kary *blush* stahp. So much attention can go to a boy's head. I just got off a 11 hour work day. Not really in the mood for mafia but a better introduction. Hi newbies! I'm J and I'll be one of your IC's.

I have been playing the game for about 3ish years now and have played over a hundred games on this site. I love this game because of the psychological/sociological factor of it all. If I am not posting that often lately, it's due to the fact that I am working a lot at my two jobs. However, I'll try and make comments/posts every night if I can.

If you have any urgent questions just let me know!

Okay game talk: Kirbi is like my biggest town-read. Kary needs to slow himself because he is looking really silly at the moment. Poke's return vote on me holds some tells to his alignment in my personal opinion. Toaster at the moment is playing like toaster which, to answer Kirbi's question, is a bit hoppy. I feel if Toaster is in fact scum, he will slip sooner rather than later (sorry bro!), but for now nothing really to go off of. Scary is just a cool dude, nothing alignment telling at the current time.

Questions: Someone, open to anyone, give me opinions on the differences between Poke's entrance and Scary's entrance.
@Newbies: How does Kary's persistance and eagerness for my wagon feel to you? Do you think his intent is more towny or scummy?
@Kirbi: I want you to give me who you believe is your strongest town-read, a.k.a. the person you trust most at the moment.
@Toaster: Give me bullets as to why you jumped around from votes.

Uhm, I feel I am good for now so if any of you have questions for me or things you would care for me to look at please let me know. I will be here and out of here posting tonight if you are in the thread. If not, I'll be back tomorrow evening!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
@Toaster: Give me bullets as to why you jumped around from votes.
Bluh, but I explained it was for a weak reason.

• RVS.
  • Better than sitting and doing nothing.
  • Chance of easy instant reaction.
That's it. No other reasons.
I have no vote on anyone anymore because I got a big reaction from Kirb and I know nobody else would respond to it.

J here is really the only I know that I have played with (that I can remember) so, according to him, I guess I'm hoppy. I do tend to be out earlier, much to the chagrin of my team, because of weak strategy and not enough dedication to the game. That was a while ago, though.

This time I was only doing it for the sake of doing it, but now that we're getting somewhere, I've since stopped.

But that's enough about me. I'd ask other people questions but I'm having issues developing reads on anyone but maybe a townie kirb.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Unvote

for now but I have more thoughts waiting in the wings. Someone should tell me who they think is the most suspicious so far; show me with a vote why don't you.

peace

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
But that's enough about me. I'd ask other people questions but I'm having issues developing reads on anyone but maybe a townie kirb.

Don't be afraid to ask questions at all. Just make sure they are relevant and then ask the person you want.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Don't be afraid to ask questions at all. Just make sure they are relevant and then ask the person you want.
That was my problem in other games, I just couldn't do that for some reason.

But this game I intend to, I just have nothing at the moment. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for something weird, but there's nothing more I can question that what I've already done so. I want those who I called out in #151 to speak up first.

Kirbification

Smash Cadet
Questions: Someone, open to anyone, give me opinions on the differences between Poke's entrance and Scary's entrance.
@Newbies: How does Kary's persistance and eagerness for my wagon feel to you? Do you think his intent is more towny or scummy?
@Kirbi: I want you to give me who you believe is your strongest town-read, a.k.a. the person you trust most at the moment.
As per Kary, I felt like it made sense because he seemed kind of eccentric and because of what I spliced out at the tail end of #136. I think it's a towny thing for Kary to do. I had skimmed a few past games (like, the first ten pages of a handful or so of games) and I've seen Kary pop out of the gate with some impressive enthusiasm so I was mostly just thinkin' "kay I feel alright with this." I was a bit unsettled with him saying with confidence that you were scum, but I just attributed that to playful snark between you and him or something.

As for my current strongest town-read, I'd say Kary. I liked the way he interacted with Pawn and I thought his push on you was, at its core, made with decent towny intentions (getting reads on a familiar player).

Kirbification

Smash Cadet
Though, like, I'm not too confident on any reads. I wouldn't say Kary is a particularly strong town-read, just my current strongest.

Top Bottom