• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Murder that attempt- How you 'dorf that move part 2- R.O.B's D-tilt

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
Just make sure that you tech after the fair. If you miss it and sheik has needles fully charged, they COULD needle lock you -> ftilt-> more shenanagins

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Reason?
Even though his F-tilt can lead into almost anything, his D-tilt can do that as well, is faster, lets you trip and is an infinite on a stage with a ceiling on the wall.

Terodactyl Yelnats

Smash Ace
NNID
Perseids_Tero
Well overall I'd consider it better.

It has more range
His hurtbox doesn't go out nearly as far
Has pretty good shield stun
It's a better spacing option
It's angling is really really REALLY good
Better priority

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I suppose a short-hopped Choke can bypass it. Assuming R.O.B. has you against a wall, you can attempt a Dark Dive as fast as humanly possible to try to get the hell out of there.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
ROB's D-tilt is not his best bread and butter spacer. It's annoying if he gets you while you're shielding it, so don't shield or stand idly in his D-tilt range.

Aside from that you're going to be powershielding ROB's slower moves, most of your spacing is best done with the threat of aerials, so ROB's D-tilt is not too much of a concern against your spacing. His F-tilt however has stupid anti-air properties on the other hand.

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
His D-tilt is a great move for Shield poking and is a faster move overall so it cannot be punished as easily as F-tilt if missed. Also it is a better move for follow up options than F-tilt as long as the ROB doesn't spam D-tilt mindlessly.

Though I must say that the properties of F-tilt like range, better spacing, priority combined with follow up options are threatening as well. Together with his projectiles it can really hurt Ganon because of his priority, it can keep distance with Ganon.

However, I wouldn't say it's worse than D-tilt but equally threatening(in my opinion).

Well, if you guys want, you can discuss F-tilt. I won't be here for a while, anyway.:awesome:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
We should discuss ROB's Nair.

Land Chasing is hard when he's using a Nair to cover his landing.

T.testLP

Smash Cadet
I know what we should discuss! It's one of the most important moves in the characters arsenal, everyone fighting that character is advised to watch out for. It's incredibly dangerous, even costing you a stock if you don't avoid it.

Ganondorf's Flame Choke

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I guess I should help with this stuff as a Robot user... Rob's nair is slow and has some startup. I think you can dodge it on reaction or uair them before the hitbox is out if you can. The move is pretty strong and has little ending lag so you gotta abuse the startup. Oh and this move tells a lot about the Rob player. Many Rob's like me use it mainly for killing and others use it for spacing.
So find out which kind are you fighting. Then you know when to avoid nair and everything. Kinda hard to say anything from Ganon's side since I haven't played the MU with Ganon D:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
The ROB I'm facing uses it both for spacing, landing and killing.
He makes it fresh for KOs with grabs, pummeling and camping.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Seems like a crappy Rob to me then. Nair should be used either for spacing or killing. If it's not fresh is sucks for killing and it does low damage so it's not even good for damage racking. And it's slow so it's unreliable.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I'm sorry, but you failed to understand everything I wrote :|

CCST isn't crappy at all.
He's a good (campy) ROB.

If it's not fresh is sucks for killing
Well... That's why I said he makes it fresh using camping and pummeling.

He generally doesn't use it for damage racking, but he gets me with it from time to time.
Its purpose is to cover his landing, after all.

No offense, but I've got a feeling this discussion is hopeless.

Top Bottom