• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MunkAid 8 - October 24th - Western NC (Melee Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I won't disappoint. I'll make sure to it that I also dress like him at the tournament.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Haha. Bill got chewed out for making a SUGGESTION.

I agree with him on the suggestion. Draw a bigger crowd with what currently turns heads.

Foxy

Smash Master
And ruin what could be a great Melee event?

No thanks.

Most tournaments have both games... every now and then we're allowed exceptions.

IT ISN'T ABOUT BIGGER TURNOUT.

IT'S ABOUT ****ING PRIDE. IT'S ABOUT ****ING POWER, IT'S ABOUT BEING A BAD-*** MOTHER WHO DON'T TAKE CRAP OFF NOBODY!

cle (also a play off cool runnings)

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
But it's not up to you to make the decision, Foxy. It's up to the TOs. If they're in it to make a "legendary event" with Melee only, then that's their prerogative. If they're in it for profit, who knows how they want to get it done. If I remember correctly, due the to turnout of Jubilee (not sure which one) someone had to pay out of their pocket a good sum of money.

Foxy

Smash Master
But it's not up to you to make the decision, Foxy. It's up to the TOs. If they're in it to make a "legendary event" with Melee only, then that's their prerogative. If they're in it for profit, who knows how they want to get it done. If I remember correctly, due the to turnout of Jubilee (not sure which one) someone had to pay out of their pocket a good sum of money.
lolwut

Just like Bill, I'm just weighing in with another opinion; of course I have no more say than anyone else, and I'm not trying to convince any TO's.

But from the feel of the event, it's a revival of an old-school Melee tournament series, and it seems to me like they'd be more concerned about bringing that back than adding Brawl for the sake of turnout/cash.

And luckily, I don't hassle TO's too much, because when I have issues with other tournaments, I go and host my own.

ruin is a strong word.
I wanted a strong word.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
Stop being a douche Foxy, I wasn't trying to make this into anything and to be honest I think it was quite obvious. Zio was sticking up for me because you are unnecessarily escalating it.

Foxy

Smash Master
geeez, i guess after all the nc drama everyone takes stuff way too seriously, can't just throw in an opinion at random without people having to come in and "stick up" for others and such

i honestly don't even care lol, just gave my thoughts on a whim

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
wtf this thread was cool until just now. :mad:

get out with the pointless drama already!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Come on guys, not in the Munkaid thread. This has a freakin **** legacy. You've made your points, now let Munkey make a call if he feels like he should.

Twitch, I can probably pick you up.

I forgot what else I was supposed to respond to.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Looool you know how much he hates that stuff. Remember that one time at.....your tournament I think? Everyone jumped in and someone was laying on him in the back and he freaked out. Claustrophobic thing I'm pretty sure.

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
rofl at karn's twitch didn't eat any of the pizza and then was hungry later on...

out of the kindness of his heart pp decided to make a food run for his brother...

twitch got in the car...then others piled in until 9 people were in pp's vehicle...

then twitch popped out...

pp left without him lol

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I do.

I'll probably end up taking my own car. Seven will have his. I'll talk to Seven about how we split this up.

I'll probably pick up Twitch and you guys, and seven can get any gboro people that wanna go, along with phil.

That's my guess right now. I'll get back to you when I talk to him this week.

MunkeyX2g

Smash Ace
Melee or Melee&Brawl?
I love the enthusiasm... but I don't see how this could be an issue guys

I promise I weighed out all my options long before I made the thread...
I just don't see the point in having them both.
I only like melee.
I want to dedicate 100% of our time to melee...
I've been told that a lot of tournys are kinda rushed when trying to fit both games in... plus I don't like the split atmosphere...
and I don't care about a large turn out....
I would love for you all to come... but Lozr, Twig, PP, MikeG, Dolphin, TheKidz, Karn, Yay and all the other people that are hyped for melee should be more than enough to make this tourny amazing

but if the only way to get you to come play melee is to have a brawl tourny... sorry =[

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Melee or Melee&Brawl?
I love the enthusiasm... but I don't see how this could be an issue guys

I promise I weighed out all my options long before I made the thread...
I just don't see the point in having them both.
I only like melee.
I want to dedicate 100% of our time to melee...
I've been told that a lot of tournys are kinda rushed when trying to fit both games in... plus I don't like the split atmosphere...
and I don't care about a large turn out....
I would love for you all to come... but Lozr, Twig, PP, MikeG, Dolphin, TheKidz, Karn, Yay and all the other people that are hyped for melee should be more than enough to make this tourny amazing

but if the only way to get you to come play melee is to have a brawl tourny... sorry =[
q f t

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom