• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Munchlax for SSBB

Frogla2

Smash Rookie

Character: Munchlax
Game: Pokémon Dash!

A: Scratch (3% of damage)
A,A, :Light Punch(10% of damage)
A,A,A: A Upercut (12% of damage)
A left or right: A jab(9% of damage)
A up: Munchlax would kinda struggle upwards(7% of damage)
A down: Munchlaw would swing his fist(5% of damage)

B: Yawn-Munchlax yawns and let’s out a pink bubble from his mouth.If it hit the oppenet the oppenet will become drowzy(which will make them alot slower) and in 5-10 seconds will fall asleep. (0% of damage)

B Smash-Metronome
Munchlax waves its finger magically doing one of a few things.
Percent of this
(30%) 1. Munchlax will do a random characters smash B attack.
(15%) 2. Munchlax will get a random item.
(5%) 3. Munchlax will explode giving it 50% of damage and 75% to all near enemys.
(10%) 4. Munchlax will switch places with another character
(5%) 5. Munchlax will do nothing
(3%) 6. Munchlax will transform into a random character
(25%) 7. Munchlax will recover 10% of damage.
(7%) 8. Munchlax will turn all characters metal,asleep or frozen

B up: Mega Punch-Munchlax jumps up and slams downward in a punch which leaves small waves going forward when he lands(16% of damage for direct 2% of shock waves)

B down: Blizzard-Will shoot many crystals out of its mouth which may frezze(5% of damage a second)

Z: Just a simple grab
A with Z: Munchlax will bite the openet
Z up: Munchlax will throw them into the air and do a mini solar beam.(12% of damage)
Z down: Will throw them grownward and slam them.(6% of damage)
Z forward: Will grab them and Mega Punch (9% of damage)
Z backward: Will do a Seismic Toss and slam right on top them. (12% of damage)

Taunt:WIll wave and then pop a pokeblock in his mouth.

Size:*
Power:***
Weight:*****
Speed:**
Jump:**

Kirby Hat: Kirby will have munchlax ears.

Intrance :Munchlax will be thrown onto the feild from a pokeball and be eating a pokeblock.

Alternate costumes: Blue, Red, Sunglasses, Green

Lets embrace it now we know Munchlax will be there. It is being shoved down are throats with its ubersome at least 4 ingame appearances (Pokemon Dash, XD, Mysteroius Duengouen Red, Mysteroius Duengouen Blue,) . And all these appearances were made before it even appeared on its on generatoin game. A feat i dont think any new pokemon beat. And dont even get me started on his Japan Popularity HUGE! And anime hes in the 7th Movie and is now a star icon of the Trainers being owned by May. (Which ties With Pikachu, Meowth and Wobbuffet as top stars in the series). Nintendo even said it was the 4th gens Pikachu.

saberhof

Smash Master
kind of...maybe?...no...
interesting moveset..hmm
i guees its cool...but its impossible now for him to be in..

greenblob

Smash Lord
You could expand so much further with Munchlax's moveset. Snorlax can learn Body Slam, Hyper Beam (but I doubt Munchlax will learn this one since it's usually reserved for final evolution Pokemon), several punching moves including the elemental punches, fire/ice/lightning-based attacks, Earthquake, Shadow Ball, Rock Slide/Tomb, Fighting type moves, Surf, and much more. It is very likely that Munchlax will learn these moves as well.

Frogla2

Smash Rookie
good point i think his B attacks are good as is but i could expand on A attacks.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Mom

Smash Apprentice
is this like the third thread about him?
decent moveset... but mine pwns
MUNCHLAX MOVESET:
A- punches with left hand (1%-2%)
AA- punches with right hand (3%-4%)
AAA- bites forward with small range (3%-5%)
A>- lunges back and bites forward leaning as far as he can forward (14%-18%)
^A- sweeps upward with both his arms. (left 5%-10%)(right 6%-9%)(left has small knockback)
Adown- charges and jumps making a tiny earthquake effect effecting enemies a kkirby's size distance (10%-20%)
B- charges up a hyper beam (is one second longer then ganondorfs B) and fires a beam forward doing major dmg and has strong knockback and it after it u get the efftect as if u broke ur sheild (25%-35%)
B>- Jigglypuffs over B but is slower (13%-17%)
Bdown- rest. has same effect as jigglypuffs but munchlax stays in this state 1 second longer then she does.
^B- like kirbys up B but he boosts up and faces forward and launches himself downward (hopefully) crashing into the ground OR hitting an enemy.
Nair- pulls out his arms and legs hitting ur opponent (3%-5%)
Bair- pushes his butt backwards (5%-7%)
Dair- puts us his legs and smashes his butt on the enemy (5%-15%)(good knockback)
Uair- bites upward with small reach (3%-6%)(decent knockback)
Fair- does a small punch forward (5%-8%)(is faster then B>)
Dash- runs and lungers for the foe and if missies falls to the floor wide open for attack (6%-8%)
Forward throw- picks foe up and lets go and butt bashes him sending a good ditance (4%-8%)
^throw- barely tosses foe upward and bites making ur foe fly up in the air (5%-7%)
Downthrow- throws down oppononent and kicks opponent slowly and then while in mid-air after 2nd jump he lifts up legs and falls on opponent and it sends the opponent up in the air (5%-9%)

JUMP: 9 out of 10 (has kirby's jump but its a lil smaller)
SPEED: 4 out of 10
POWER: 7 out of 10
RECOVERY: 3 out of 10
WEIGHT: 8 out of 10
i wouldnt mind him in but id rather have deoxys

Stryks

Smash Hero
If theres gona be a thread for every pokemon out there, shoot me now.
Munchlax would work as a pokeball character, he would so the same as snorlax but take less time in doing the body slam but would attack in a smaller area.

TwilightKnight

Smash Cadet
Saddest part is we might end up having munchlax on this game specially since most japanese have bizzare taste in pokemon.

For example most americans prefer final form pokemon over baby form and second form while most japanese prefer pokemon like jigglypuff or pichu.

Stryks

Smash Hero
TwilightKnight said:
Saddest part is we might end up having munchlax on this game specially since most japanese have bizzare taste in pokemon.

For example most americans prefer final form pokemon over baby form and second form while most japanese prefer pokemon like jigglypuff or pichu.
That IS sad. Ltes just hope no more babys are in brawl.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Yes. Munchlax for SSBB. Totally. All the way. Snorlax is one of my favorite Pokemon and since Munchie was the first Diamond/Pearl generation Pokemon to be announced and is IMMENSLY popular in Japan, he has an ENORMOUS chance of making it in.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Not too fond of Munchlax.

If anyone from the 4th Generation of Pokemon should be represented in Brawl, it should be Lucario. (Not sure if he even is 4th Gen, but better than Muncher IMO.)

Ms. Pac-Master

Smash Journeyman
D'awwww! Munchlax in an adorable Pokemon. I really want him in, he'd be the only obese SSB fighter (unless, you know... Pac-Man... *cough*).

I'd say he's got a high chance of being in, he's already quite popular despite not being available yet.

Also, first poster's Metronome move (Side B) seems waaaaaay broken to me.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Wave Bird said:
Munchlax cracks me up so I am all for him in the game.

His Super could be evolving into Snorlax and just power-owning everyone.
And once his Super's over he....DEvolves...? Here, I'll think up a B moveset for him and what I think his super should be.

B - Metronome: Munchie does a random B move from any character in the game, even if you haven't unlocked them yet.

Forward B - Yawn. I liked the original posters idea. This IS one of Munchie's moves from the game (or at least, Snorlax can learn it) and it's very original. My only modifications to it would be the bubble is fast.

Down B - Stockpile/Spitup: While you hold B, Munchie beings to Stockpile, his cheeks growing larger. It can be used at anytime (not storable like Samus charge shot) while charging, and when it is used, Munchie spits up a mass of little ball-like objects, the longer charged the more powerful, of course.

Up B - Fire/Thunder/Ice Punch - Munchie flies upwards, fist outstretched. It alternates through the three elements. When used once, it is Fire Punch and sets the opponent it hits on fire, duh. Used twice it's Thunder Punch, self-explanitory, and thrid is Ice Punch, which freezes the opponent for a very short period of time.

Super Move - Snore. Munchie falls asleep and begins to snore. He sends out large, damaging sound waves out to one side of him that do major damage to anyone caught up in them.

Taunt - Faces the camera and yawns. Great for adding a "this is too easy" effect to the match.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
munchlax ftw! i love snorelax & well when i saw munchlax in the movie (deoxys) i was craking up its so funny

my moveset:

Movelist (specials)

B = stockpile/spit up: glows a bit & gathers energy, sorta like a charge, after charge you press
B again & Munchlax will spit a beam thingie from his mouth
(charge is fast, attack is average damage)

side+B = Random Punch: randomly picks from either dizzy, fire, ice, thunder, shadow punches
(dizzy swaps the targets moves 1* , fire burns a bit like ness pkf
ice well freezes depending on damage, thunder makes the foe stop
take some damage & then go flying a bit, shadow has a longer
range & leavs dark burn thingie like ganon's attack)

down + B = Body Slam: kinda like yoshis ground pound, but in this munchslax dosnt jump that
much, but makes a bigger shake/quake

up+B = Hidden Power: Muchslax uses hidden power below him, making him go up with a
headbutt or uppercut & some cool blue orb lights

OTHER ATTACKS:

dash attack = rollout (just 1 or 2 spins maybe able to make chains if times perfectly)
smash = megapunch
super smash = ??? hyper beam maybe?

overall:
Munchslax should be same speed or a bit slower than mario, a small target (hes not huge like his evolved form) normal jump, if he has stockpiled he should be a little slower, but he would float in jumps (higher jumps & slower falling)

as for the other costumes how about, bandana munchie, sunglasses, cape & hoodie (rap munchie :D)

Stryks

Smash Hero
I like doktursea's b moveset, it made me think diferently in him being in brawl... still I rather have Deoxys and Lucario, no offense...

kill_shot

Smash Journeyman
Good moveset.....could use a little improvement,,,,,,,
But I doubt he will be in it......he is not very pop. common.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Good moveset.....could use a little improvement,,,,,,,
But I doubt he will be in it......he is not very pop. common.
Rawr, he IS very popular. My lord, does no one read ANY of the pro-Munchlax posts? He's arguably one of the most popular Pokemon in Japan and has become the mascot of the 4th gen alongside Lucario.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
(Not that you were talking to me, but) I know how popular he is, and I know that his chances are actually pretty real. I just don't see him being able to actually bring anything interesting to the table, especially when there's different types of Pokemon that could make the game incredibly diverse.

Most of the fighters in Melee, if they were Pokemon (bear with me here), would be classified as Normal type. The only exceptions I can think of are the Ice Climbers, because of their mutliple Ice-based moves. Other characters have a single move that could be considered a type, but a single move doesn't make that character a type. Mario and Luigi's Fireballs, Bowser's Fire, and Kirby's Rock forms come to mind.

The interesting thing about Pokemon is all of their various elemental-based powers. We don't have a Brawl fighter yet that can, say, blast water at people, or attach seeds that hold down a fighter, or poison them, or dig into a level, or hundreds of other possibilities that various Pokemon could bring. Pokemon definitely has the MOST potential for bringing new and varied characters from ANY game series Sakurai is considering adding characters from. So WHY anyone would choose a NORMAL Pokemon for ANY reason, to me seems pretty foolish. Sure, he could have a moveset, he could even have a GOOD moveset, but that doesn't make it interesting.

The sad part to me is that, if Munchlax makes it in, I'll see it as a completely wasted opportunity to actually bring some cool new stuff to the game.

This entire argument also applies 100% to Meowth.

I don't know if this was necessary or not, but I didn't want to be viewed as a complete Negative Nancy. :p

greenblob

Smash Lord
Well, Pichu and Pikachu would be considered electric types, Falcon, Bowser, and Roy would be considered fire types, and Ganon, Zelda, Ness, and Mewtwo would be some type of magical/psychic type.

Also, it has been pointed out that Snorlax, Munchlax's evolution, can use a myriad of elemental attacks, including the elemental punches, ice, fire, electric, psychic, ghost, and water attacks as well as many rock, ground, and fighting attacks.

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
There are quite a few pokemon I would like over Munchlax: Heracross, Deoxys, Lucario, Blaziken, Paras and so on. Still if he does, something I've been concidering a possibility since it seems he does have some popularity, I supose I could except him as a character.

Yoshi

Smash Lord
Snorlax > Munchlax

Considering Snorlax was a Pokeball Pokemon for 64 and Melee, I don't think Munchlax special will be too evolve into Snorlax, then devolve. It goes against a lot... the theory of evolution, just Pokemon in general.
Sadly, as much as I hate that poor excuse for a Pokemon, he might make the cut. ;-;

Yoshi

Smash Lord
Yea true, but if Nintendo owned all rights to SMRPG, Boshi might have got a bit of a boost, like Birdo did. That's my opinion though

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Pyro, they will NOT CUT JIGGLYPUFF! She was in the Big Twelve aka the orignal 12 characters from SSB64. She's not going anywhere...

Iggy K

Smash Ace
And if, they for some reason, they do cut her, I'll shoot one of her haters. As for Munchlax, I don't really like it too much, but it does have a good chance to be in.

ilabb

Smash Apprentice
Munchlax is... boring. We have a normal Pokemon in Jigglypuff, we need more interesting types like, say... fighting and steel (coughlucariocough).

Top Bottom