• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Munchlax eats the Competition away!

METROID MAN

Smash Journeyman
I saw someone on a diffrent forum trying to argue that Metaknight may have been demoted from playable character because the lack of a profile. This was about two days before the profile update finally went up, ironically.

alright, sorry about that metroid guy.

no, lol... its fine was was just pulling your leg...
...very hard...
joking

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
YA, ya, that was uhh, that was me. it was me who said the thing about the bat. ya. so , ummm i just wanted to add that, just, y'know, say that it was me, who, uh, said that earlier and um, just y'know..
NEVER ADRESS ME AS ANYTHING BUT METROID MAN, BECAUSE IF YOU DO, WELL LET'S JUST SAY YOU WON'T EVER FORGET THE NAME AGAIN!

so, um ya... we cool?. yaaaaa, we cool, dont worry about it...... yet
HI METROID PERSOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh: Im j/k j/k calm down (^^)v

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
that's pretty interesting actually, I hadn't thought of that. stupid me!

Munchlax should evolve when he eats a smash ball. it's been suggested he evolve when he eats a certain amount, but I like this idea better. O.o

Oh...and yes, everyone gets pissed at him. But if he DOES evolve, you can't be pissed anymore, because Snorlax is da ***** bomb, yo!

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
What are those two little blue poofs shooting from Munchlax in the last screen?
The item probably turns into a puff of smoke before he eats it.

Actually, goldeen has a split-second hitbox during her flopping at the very tip of her horn, and it's about the equivalent of getting hit with a bomb-omb.
ATTENTION NOOBS: HE'S JOKING. I dunno if everybody finds this as obvious as they should.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Aww, man! I wanted Munchlax to be a playable character! In fact, he was one of my most-wanted Pokemon characters, next to Deoxys.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
What about Lucario people?

Honestly, I didn't see anyone else other than Lucario, Pikachu, Jiggs, Mewtwo, and maybe Pichu making the final roster. But now that there's PT (which I'm sure no one saw coming), I think it should be PT, Lucario, Pikachu, Jiggs, and Mewtwo. That's it, no more Pokemon until SSB4. But then we should only get one more.

One more Pokemon in every Smash that comes out from this point on, otherwise we'll just be overrun.
And maybe there can be more PTs? Like a Psychic, a Bugcatcher, one of the Gym Leaders...

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I wonder though, usually, one item appears at a time if it's set on Medium, and if Munchlax appears on the stage (I hope no one mentioned this), how long does he stick around? Until he finds an item to eat?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I wonder though, usually, one item appears at a time if it's set on Medium, and if Munchlax appears on the stage (I hope no one mentioned this), how long does he stick around? Until he finds an item to eat?
Or perhaps Munchlax will only appear from a Pokéball under the given condition that at least one other item is present on the stage? Too early to say, but I would wager that he would probably wait around for an item, or at least for a little while.

The Duck

Smash Champion
Theories on Munchlax

I found this update to be rather interesting for something of the 'eh, not too exciting' variety.

I'm sure that this new PKMN will move at a gait that's slightly faster than Mr. Saturn's was in Melee, and that Munchlax might actually speed up a little to go after an item when it spots one. I don't know if it can jump, and it doesn't look like it can. I can't say if it would let itself fall off of the stage by walking or not...it's a 50/50 chance from my perspective.

Since it seems to get larger as it eats, it might move slower after each feeding. Now, I'd also assume that it would last for maybe 15-30 seconds, and with each item it eats, its time left might go down a little, so that if it stumbled upon a bunch of items, it wouldn't last long. Dunno if grabbing an item at the same time it does will do anything special, as there weren't really item grapple struggles in the last games, but that could change here.

Perhaps hitting it hard enough could force the item back out, giving it back a little of its speed and time, or maybe just speed. That is, if hitting it works at all. Either way, it would likely just use minimal damage, if any, against players that get between it and the item it wants. As far as specific items it eats goes, it might become stronger or weaker depending on what body-altering item it eats, and might, every once in a while, spit back something it doesn't like, creating potentially dangerous projectile weapons from clobbering items that may be picked up if they land again.

If it eats a Smash Ball, it might do nothing at all, or it could evolve into a Snorlax with increased power and would likely go away instead of reverting after using its attack. And if it eats a PokéBall or an Asist Trophy, it might take whatever was in there with it when it vanishes or might let what was in there out to attack.

I actually think that Snorlax will return once more, because this creature, while of the same species, behaves a lot differantly from the way Snorlax did in the other games. Munchlax might just eat the items and walk around, but I have a feeling that some variety will be added. Of course, this is all speculation.

Now the Brawl site says "Any item it gets, it eats! It’s kind of hard to tell it to stop, though." They didn't say it was impossible, but if there'll be a way for the unleasher to maybe get it to turn away, it's tough to say what. Maybe the player's taunt would do the trick?

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I wonder.....

Can he eat final smashes? that'd be so friggin funny final smash pops up someone just happens to throw a pokeball near it.... nyamnyam bye bye final smash,

Top Bottom