• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Can't find any major WB characters with Whip Swords so I assume it's something they've made up for a character or the terminology is slightly misleading
Closest I could find was the sword from Pacific Rim.

Not 100% certain on it though.

The way I see it, there's three options:

A.) We're getting yet another DC Comics character.
B.) Amethyst from Steven Universe decided to do something new with her weapon of choice.
C.) The leakers have jumped to conclusions again.

Donaldtoon

Smash Cadet
Now i thinking Amethyst it's more likely than Blake since Ruby it's problably gonna be the first RWBY rep

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Seems as though news of the return may be soon, and not just because of McDonald's.

Specifically, the game was recently relisted (though I admit it could have been earlier) on Epic Games Store but gives an error message when attempting to click it.

Also, apparently GameStop has a page on their website now.

Finally, the Xbox store page was supposedly updated, however, I can't confirm if it was or not since I have the game installed on my Xbox at the moment.

None of these are definitive signs of a return, but I think it's safe to say we could get news this month.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Quick update:
Epic Game Store listing is gone.

I guess it was put up early (or taken down late)?

Also since there was no update on the Xbox thing I’m calling it an error in reporting.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
So final predictions: I think the game will relaunch with Joker, Daffy Duck, Scorpion and Samurai Jack. If we're lucky and we're actually getting more than that, I think Raven, Powerpuff girls and Mordecai have high chances too but since this is live service and stuff I could see some characters being on hold on purpose.

I think that for new stages, we're going to see Arkham asylum, the pit from Mortal kombat and something from Looney Tunes at least, maybe more I don't really know.

For gameplay changes, I think it will still be mostly the same but with more fluid movements and less floaty. I'm hoping there's some sort of story mode with seasonal single player events or something.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Let’s not get to excited. After all WB has recently said they’re planning to kill off their gaming division

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Calling Joker, Jack, Daffy and maybe Raven \ Marcaline at launch.

I think the first year will be a mix of characters we've had hints at like PPG, Flash and the in stuff like Wonka, Barbie, Dune.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
nothing quite like doubling down on the style of game that your recent big flop was
Kill the Justice League wasn't F2P, but either way it is the wrong time to focus more on live services.

I'm currently working on a sequel to my Multiversus video and now the clock is ticking
How far along are you on that? Because you could still tie it into the relaunch when that drops.
We are back!
Quick get your final predictions in!
  1. Joker and Blue Beetle - Joker was part of the speculation, and Blue Beetle was given a theatrical feature in the year since.
  2. Wile E. Coyote - If we're sure his big break is never happening, at least give him this.
  3. Fred Flintstone - Adds another Hanna-Barbera character to the roster, and one that isn't part of Mystery Inc.
  4. Jon Snow - An unexpected pick for MultiVersus, but still a popular GOT character.
  5. Ruby Rose - We did have that RWBY x Justice League duology recently.
  6. Beetlejuice - Better late than never.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
How far along are you on that? Because you could still tie it into the relaunch when that drops.

1. Joker and Blue Beetle - Joker was part of the speculation, and Blue Beetle was given a theatrical feature in the year since.
  2. Wile E. Coyote - If we're sure his big break is never happening, at least give him this.
  3. Fred Flintstone - Adds another Hanna-Barbera character to the roster, and one that isn't part of Mystery Inc.
  4. Jon Snow - An unexpected pick for MultiVersus, but still a popular GOT character.
  5. Ruby Rose - We did have that RWBY x Justice League duology recently.
  6. Beetlejuice - Better late than never.
Jon Snow would make a lot of sense, but if anything according to datamine Daenerys is planned and I don't recall Jon Snow being mentionned. Not saying that he's not coming, of course he would make a lot of sense but it's to keep in mind.

Top Bottom