• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Also, now that I think about it, I kind of hate the fact that Shaggy's moveset is based on a dead meme (which imo was never funny to begin with). I get that he was meant to be the basic character of the game like Mario is to Smash, but I feel like this role would actually fit Bugs Bunny better for example and they could gave Shaggy a moveset based on actual thing he do in Scooby Doo. Oh well, at least Velma fits this role so I guess it ain't that bad.
I very much agree that Shaggy's moveset is no longer funny and wish it were more like, well, Shaggy.
As it is there are only two moves in his entire kit that have anything to do with Shaggy as a character, and then a bunch of Goku moves. Then almost all his skins are kung fu themed. It doesn't feel like I'm playing as Shaggy at all.

That said, I disagree on Bugs being given the designated basic character role. His moveset having a lot of tricks to play with fits Bugs to a tee. You basically have to be Bugs Bunny to play Bugs Bunny.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I very much agree that Shaggy's moveset is no longer funny and wish it were more like, well, Shaggy.
As it is there are only two moves in his entire kit that have anything to do with Shaggy as a character, and then a bunch of Goku moves. Then almost all his skins are kung fu themed. It doesn't feel like I'm playing as Shaggy at all.

That said, I disagree on Bugs being given the designated basic character role. His moveset having a lot of tricks to play with fits Bugs to a tee. You basically have to be Bugs Bunny to play Bugs Bunny.
Oh yeah don't get me wrong, I love Bugs moveset and I wouldn't change him at all, but for a game design perspective you want the "basic" character be one of the most well known on the roster. Like in Nasb it would be weird if say, Gerald have the "shoto" moveset and SpongeBob have a more complex set. So I feel that in that way, Bugs could have been the more basic character because I don't really see who else could have fit that role. Or I guess that now that I think about it, it could have been Superman.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Oh yeah don't get me wrong, I love Bugs moveset and I wouldn't change him at all, but for a game design perspective you want the "basic" character be one of the most well known on the roster. Like in Nasb it would be weird if say, Gerald have the "shoto" moveset and SpongeBob have a more complex set. So I feel that in that way, Bugs could have been the more basic character because I don't really see who else could have fit that role. Or I guess that now that I think about it, it could have been Superman.
I guess Batman could have fit the bill, he's arguably the most well known overall out of the whole roster.

Either way, I'm not crazy about Shaggy. Hell, everyone in the game talks about his insane powers and Batman and Superman are warning him not to lose control, but all he really does is Ryu moves, a DBZ charge and some kung fu stuff. Wow.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
So what are the expectations for tomorrow announcement? I'm expecting 2 or 3 characters reveal, with at least one of them being a "top 10" request (like Daffy Duck or Samurai Jack). I'm expecting also a release date and at this point I think the game will release sooner rather than later. I think at the latest we will have to wait for early April, but I could see the game dropping as early as next week. Aside from that they're probably going to show a bit of the new battle pass with new skins and I hope they give us a clear roadmap of when characters will drop in the future (every month?), because a clear roadmap was really something missing from the beta days. I'm also expecting way more maps (maybe 4-5 new stages) because that was one of the big criticism of the beta.
My dream pick is Ben 10, but I'm keeping my expectations tempered for tomorrow. I can see them announcing one or two new characters and stages. Most likely Joker and Daffy Duck, as well as a release date and content roadmap.

Mr Hairyman

Smash Cadet
If two characters are being revealed tomorrow, I’m predicting one will be a new series and the other an extra rep (I agree about Samurai Jack and Daffy). But if there are three, then I am going with Harry Potter as the third.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

The Multiversus returns May 28
Damn I was expecting... more new stuff? I know he said more news will come until May but after a wait that long I feel like he could have shown at least one new challengers.

Still, at least we saw concept art of 2 new stages. For those wondering, it's Townsville from Powerpuff girls and Dexter's lab. Could mean that characters from those franchise are coming too.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Kinda weird to announce a new mode and then not talk about what the mode actually is the

Dexter and PPG feel as good as confirmed now

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Anyone else notice the big ominous face of the brain looming over them?
we've known about a WB water tower stage for a while and a one in leaker said the stage would have "animaniacs references" so it's likely those balloons ( there's one of the earners on the other side) appear on the stage.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Dexter wasn't even in the datamines, so it's weird that he's being prioritized here.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Dexter wasn't even in the datamines, so it's weird that he's being prioritized here.
it's been more than a year since the datamines and they've been working behind the scenes, I don't think we can fully go off them anymore. They have likely moved things around a lot. (though they could do a lab stage without Dexter but I dobut it)

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

People are theorizing the launch season will be animation themed
And based on the characters we know of, specifically animation of the 90s. Animaniacs, PPG, and Dexter's Lab are all from the 90s.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I hope we still get the Wicked Witch of the West.
We defintely will eventually, but my feeling is that the characters order were changed to prioritise some big request (both Powerpuff and Dexter were really big), so I could see the first few characters being more "Cartoon Network" stuff and Wicked witch would launch a bit later in the year.

LimeTH

Smash Lord

People are theorizing the launch season will be animation themed
And based on the characters we know of, specifically animation of the 90s. Animaniacs, PPG, and Dexter's Lab are all from the 90s.
Johnny Bravo too, it that is him
90’s Cartoon Network/KidsWB is sorely missing from the roster so I am 110% game for that.

My main hope is that the PPG aren’t all crammed together, and that if Dexter is indeed playable, he has his earlier Tartakovsky design, rather than the stiff boxy one from the Savino seasons. Not only because of personal preference (I hate the Savino seasons so much guys oh my god they’re awful) but the taller, leaner Dexter of the Tartakovsky seasons would lend itself better to the kind of animations needed in a platform fighter.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Relaunching the game with a 90s cartoon season would make a lot of sense, a lot of the big request fits this categories. I could see the game relaunching with Powerpuff girls, Dexter, Animaniacs and Samurai Jack (maybe Daffy Duck too, he doesn't specifically fit the 90s theme but he was heavily requested and it seems the trailer had a lot of Looney Tunes teasing). I still hope we get more live action stuff, but for a relaunch you really want to start with a bang and it make sense to starts with the Cartoons that everyone was requesting and keep the more "niche" and weirder stuff for a bit later.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
What am I supposed to be looking at? A super blurry picture?
these where I'm the wall behind Tony. People think they can see Johnny. (though it's way too blurly to tell)

The I hope they don't drop live action or more out there characters completely, but more CN characters where overdue

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Relaunching the game with a 90s cartoon season would make a lot of sense, a lot of the big request fits this categories. I could see the game relaunching with Powerpuff girls, Dexter, Animaniacs and Samurai Jack (maybe Daffy Duck too, he doesn't specifically fit the 90s theme but he was heavily requested and it seems the trailer had a lot of Looney Tunes teasing). I still hope we get more live action stuff, but for a relaunch you really want to start with a bang and it make sense to starts with the Cartoons that everyone was requesting and keep the more "niche" and weirder stuff for a bit later.
Daffy as a character had a bit of a renaissance in the 90’s/2000’s so he’d still fit, I’d say. Hell, Looney Tunes in general had a huge 90’s resurgence and they haven’t reached that level of mainstream popularity since then. They had whole Looney Tunes stores in malls.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Samurai Jack isn't 90s. It started in 2001.

darkvortex

Smash Lord

nevermind lol

Top Bottom