• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Guys, I have an idea for a giant sized character that isn't Godzilla or Kong

View attachment 386545
Of course this hinges on them either A) being willing to add a character not in the movies or B) the movies getting all the way to God Emperor, but it'll all be worth it for the Worm Dictator
I see this and raise you Paul Atreides riding a Sandworm and letting said Sandworm do all the fighting.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So, now that we know the release date and how the game is doing...

When do you think we'll get more news? Will we get an update before May? Will it be a simple relaunch with new content appearing later?

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
So, now that we know the release date and how the game is doing...

When do you think we'll get more news? Will we get an update before May? Will it be a simple relaunch with new content appearing later?
Honestly I'm not expecting any news before May. As far as new content goes, my original predictions was that we would have 4-6 characters at relaunch day, but with them showing nothing at their big presentation I doubt we'll get more than 3, and even that seems optimistic. I wouldn't be shocked if Powerpuff girls is the only newcomers at relaunch and then others are coming later.

Honestly I'm not expecting any news before May. As far as new content goes, my original predictions was that we would have 4-6 characters at relaunch day, but with them showing nothing at their big presentation I doubt we'll get more than 3, and even that seems optimistic. I wouldn't be shocked if Powerpuff girls is the only newcomers at relaunch and then others are coming later.
If that's a realistic prediction following their presentation, then they better hope changing the user software from Unity to Unreal Engine pays out.

Oh, who am I kidding? It's gonna flop all over again because of bad word of mouth.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Guys, I have an idea for a giant sized character that isn't Godzilla or Kong

View attachment 386545
Of course this hinges on them either A) being willing to add a character not in the movies or B) the movies getting all the way to God Emperor, but it'll all be worth it for the Worm Dictator
Featuring this as an alternate skin...
k7qjw1y3pj341.jpg

Greenhorne Ethan

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-4106-6771-3326
Does anyone have any ideas for enemies in the PvE mode? I thought the apple-throwing trees from The Wizard of Oz could make a neat enemy (with an accompanying fighter) before I even remembered the PvE mode.

In general, a Smash Run/NASB2 campaign kinda all-star cast of enemies would be great.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Does anyone have any ideas for enemies in the PvE mode? I thought the apple-throwing trees from The Wizard of Oz could make a neat enemy (with an accompanying fighter) before I even remembered the PvE mode.

In general, a Smash Run/NASB2 campaign kinda all-star cast of enemies would be great.
The Martians from Looney Tunes
Ice King's Penguins from Adventure Time
Corrupted Gems such as Watermelon Tourmaline from Steven Universe
Gremlin Enemies from Gremlins
and The Green Ghost/Phantom Shadows from Scooby-Doo!

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

The white walker from Game of thrones.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Turns out this is false.

The material used was older marketing for a previous Happy Meal to celebrate WB's 100th year.
I knew something seemed kind of fishy. The MVS Happy Meal promo is trading cards, and they wouldn't have opened the relaunch with nothing but DC characters. Hell, the heads being all DC characters in itself felt suspicious. It would have varied more if it were really for MVS.

Last edited:

Donaldtoon

Smash Cadet
I knew something seemed kind of fishy. The MVS Happy Meal promo is trading cards, and they wouldn't have opened the relaunch with nothing but DC characters. Hell, the heads being all DC characters in itself felt suspicious. It would have varied more if it were really for MVS.
Agree, there no way Dexter, Powerpuff Girls, Samurai Jack and Marceline are not in

Friends456

Smash Rookie

Yeah because if that was the case then MultiVersus might as well have been Injustice 3 but luckily it isn't

darkvortex

Smash Lord
I do think all three of those will happen over time (Joker is siad to have been close to done, Flash has been heavily romored to be the other DC character papa genos teased, robin just makes sense) but all at once would be crazy

darkvortex

Smash Lord
If they do robin it'll be Titans or they'll do Damian to the in with Brave and the Bold. Nightwing feels most likey though

darkvortex

Smash Lord
I believe a writer for MultiVersus confirmed that the DC characters are from an original DC universe created for the game, so I don't think they'd make an specific existing incarnation the default skin for any character. Does Dwayne Johnson Black Adam have his own voice lines?
Yes

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
If they do robin it'll be Titans or they'll do Damian to the in with Brave and the Bold. Nightwing feels most likey though
As they added Black Adam to tie in with the movie I think they will probably go for Damian Wayne if a Robin was going to be added to the game. Damian is the Robin they're focusing on the most right now anyways.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Maybe, but my guess is that they'll saved him for a Halloween event in October, which would also be near the sequel release in September.
Honestly I don't think they'll wait. Like, going off of what we know from leaks and datamines, he's been done for a while now. At this point I'd be shocked if he wasn't a launch character.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
I do wonder if they might not try as much "theming" this time around , considering infamous they where for missing deadlines first time around

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I do wonder if they might not try as much "theming" this time around , considering infamous they where for missing deadlines first time around
If they want to avoid this happening again, they have to space out character releases. I've said it a thousand times, but them burning through their entire backlog in two months screwed them over HARD.
If they spread it out to a character a month, by the time the shutdown happened, Marvin would have just come out. If they want to have consistent content releases at a steady clip, they gotta slow the **** down. Not only did this affect their deadlines, no character got any time to breathe or be talked about before the next one came out.

Also, just wanna say real quick, I got a new contender for a top wanted character.
1711640692556.jpeg

Put 'im in, buddy.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
How many new characters do you think there will be at the relaunch?

Top Bottom