• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Ah, moving off the topic of lebron if papagenos sources are to be believed

What do you guys think the hidden cartoon network character is?

To Me: It's either Courage or the female shadow girl from Unicorn: Eternal Princess(Unless you count her as an adult swim rep)
I mean, it could be pretty much anyone really. My hope would be either Numbah 1 from KND or Grim reaper from Billy and Mandy adventure. My guess is that Courage and Dexter will be kept for later to not have to much 90s CN characters at the relaunch (assuming that Powerpuff girls, and Johnny Bravo will already be here).

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
With all those leaks and datamines stuff, I try to make a prediction of what the relaunch could look like. Keep in mind that this is just speculative, but I'm putting it in spoiler because I mentionned a lot leaks and datamines.

Characters that will be there at the relaunch or very early on
Joker:
I mean this one is obvious if you've been following leak. The character is probably already ready at this point but releasing a character near the game being pulled from store would have been awkward, but he's 100% here at the relaunch.
Samurai Jack: I feel like he's very likely, my guess is that the team will take notes from popular request and try to push some of them for the relaunch.
Powerpuff girls: Again, they just got datamine and they were a huge request, so I could see the team pushing for them to get ready for the relaunch.
Daffy duck: He doesn't really have specific leak surronding him, but I feel like he just make too much sense and again, he was a very requested character.
Scorpion: Again, no specific leak surronding him but he just make way too much sense.
Marceline: According to some leak the team wanted more female fighters so they push for her. I think it make sense and I could see her being ready for launch.
Mordecai: Another huge request, I could see the team pushing for him to be ready at the relaunch, especially because Tony said that he's a fan of the character and the show himself.

Characters that will launch later:
Nubia and Pickle Rick:
I feel like there's no real reason to have clones at the relaunch, but instead they could add them later to fill gaps between characters and updates.
Beetlejuice: This one I just feel like they're going to keep him for Halloween
Ben 10: Ben 10 will probably be fairly high priority considering how popular he is, but I rememebr Tony saying on Twitter that his moveset would be very complex so I predict that he would launch a bit later.
Animaniacs: Similar to Ben 10, huge request but probably complex moveset (assuming they do them as a trio fighters), so could be ready a bit later.
Fred Flinstones, Craig of the Creek, Wicked witch, Raven, Emmet, Daenerys, Sloth, Johnny Bravo: I put all those characters in the same category, because they were all leaked or datamine, but my guess is that they would be considered lower priority because they're not fan favorite and don't have as much request as others, so they could come a bit later.
Walter White: Yes I'm actually putting him here, because not only he's a huge request but someone in the dev team hint that he could actually come. I put him in the "will come later" category because I think they will still put more focus on WB own characters for the relaunch.

So if you follow this, there would be 7 new characters at the relaunch (total 30 characters), and around 13 aditional characters would come later (with probably more in the future if the game is successful but for now I think those will be the priority).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
With all those leaks and datamines stuff, I try to make a prediction of what the relaunch could look like. Keep in mind that this is just speculative, but I'm putting it in spoiler because I mentionned a lot leaks and datamines.

Joker:
I mean this one is obvious if you've been following leak. The character is probably already ready at this point but releasing a character near the game being pulled from store would have been awkward, but he's 100% here at the relaunch.
Samurai Jack: I feel like he's very likely, my guess is that the team will take notes from popular request and try to push some of them for the relaunch.
Powerpuff girls: Again, they just got datamine and they were a huge request, so I could see the team pushing for them to get ready for the relaunch.
Daffy duck: He doesn't really have specific leak surronding him, but I feel like he just make too much sense and again, he was a very requested character.
Scorpion: Again, no specific leak surronding him but he just make way too much sense.
Marceline: According to some leak the team wanted more female fighters so they push for her. I think it make sense and I could see her being ready for launch.
Mordecai: Another huge request, I could see the team pushing for him to be ready at the relaunch, especially because Tony said that he's a fan of the character and the show himself.

Nubia and Pickle Rick:
I feel like there's no real reason to have clones at the relaunch, but instead they could add them later to fill gaps between characters and updates.
Ben 10: Ben 10 will probably be fairly high priority considering how popular he is, but I rememebr Tony saying on Twitter that his moveset would be very complex so I predict that he would launch a bit later.
Animaniacs: Similar to Ben 10, huge request but probably complex moveset (assuming they do them as a trio fighters), so could be ready a bit later.
Fred Flinstones, Craig of the Creek, Wicked witch, Raven, Emmet, Daenerys, Sloth, Johnny Bravo: I put all those characters in the same category, because they were all leaked or datamine, but my guess is that they would be considered lower priority because they're not fan favorite and don't have as much request as others, so they could come a bit later.
Walter White: Yes I'm actually putting him here, because not only he's a huge request but someone in the dev team hint that he could actually come. I put him in the "will come later" category because I think they will still put more focus on WB own characters for the relaunch.

So if you follow this, there would be 7 new characters at the relaunch (total 30 characters), and around 13 aditional characters would come later (with probably more in the future if the game is successful but for now I think those will be the priority).
The fact that Raven, Beetlejuice, and the Wicked Witch of the West all have actual voiced lines in the game heavily suggest they're all very far along in development. I don't see any reason to predict they'd be suddenly out prioritized to the extent you're suggesting, least of all for characters like Mordecai who have literally nothing concrete pointing toward them right now. Those three, alongside Joker, Pickle Rick and Nubia, and probably at least one of Samurai Jack/Powerpuff Girls/Scooby-Doo are probably the most likely of the bunch to make it in upon relaunch, but the fact that those three have voice clips push them over the edge.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
The fact that Raven, Beetlejuice, and the Wicked Witch of the West all have actual voiced lines in the game heavily suggest they're all very far along in development. I don't see any reason to predict they'd be suddenly out prioritized to the extent you're suggesting, least of all for characters like Mordecai who have literally nothing concrete pointing toward them right now. Those three, alongside Joker, Pickle Rick and Nubia, and probably at least one of Samurai Jack/Powerpuff Girls/Scooby-Doo are probably the most likely of the bunch to make it in upon relaunch, but the fact that those three have voice clips push them over the edge.
That's fair, but Tony said that the order of characters that he originally planned has changed because he wanted to put more priority on big request, which is why I'm speculating that the relaunch will come with bigger request, while others while be put on hold. But again, I could be totally wrong and I'm just speculating.

I also don't think that the amount of voice lines datamined is really a indicative of how far a character is, like Morty had pretty much nothing before release, while Rick was apparently finished and others had way more voice lines.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That's fair, but Tony said that the order of characters that he originally planned has changed because he wanted to put more priority on big request, which is why I'm speculating that the relaunch will come with bigger request, while others while be put on hold. But again, I could be totally wrong and I'm just speculating.

I also don't think that the amount of voice lines datamined is really a indicative of how far a character is, like Morty had pretty much nothing before release, while Rick was apparently finished and others had way more voice lines.
I mean it's pretty clear that Rick and Morty are very weird exceptions, what with them reusing dialogue from the show. That screams "scheduling conflict" more than anything, especially since both voices stem from one specific person.

Voice lines denote a character who is close to completion. With the sole exceptions of Rick and Morty, as mentioned above, every character released after datamines became possible (so post-Velma) had voice lines in the game: Taz, Iron Giant, Lebron, Gizmo, Spike, Black Adam, and Marvin the Martian. Every one of them had voice clips.

That's what makes the case for Raven, Beetlejuice, and the Wicked Witch of the West so compelling: they're the three characters left who have voice lines in the files but haven't been added yet. This, then, implies that they're basically finished, or at least close to it, based on when recording tends to be done.

And that's also what makes it borderline unbelievable that they'd randomly hold off on bordering-on-complete characters in order to make new ones from scratch. That and wanting a focus on big requests wouldn't even adversely affect these three: all three are incredibly popular characters in general. A popular character with ties to both DC Comics and two highly successful Cartoon Network shows, one of the most iconic villains in the history of cinema, and an 80s black comedy icon who remains popular even today. It's not like any of these three don't belong here.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

Joker:

Nubia and Pickle Rick:

Due to them also being clones, I'm expecting the PPGs to be saved for later as well. And I'm not expecting all three either. I think that we're only gonna get one.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Due to them also being clones, I'm expecting the PPGs to be saved for later as well. And I'm not expecting all three either. I think that we're only gonna get one.
The implication from the leaks and the naming convention of the datamine imply that they'll fight as one group unit.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
The implication from the leaks and the naming convention of the datamine imply that they'll fight as one group unit.
I'm not sure that they could get that to work, considering that even Sakurai himself struggled with it and it possibly led to the Chorus Kids being cut from Smash 4. And that might not be how it happens in the final version. Gizmo and Stripe were originally going to be a 2 in 1 fighter before they were separated during development.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm not sure that they could get that to work, considering that even Sakurai himself struggled with it and it possibly led to the Chorus Kids being cut from Smash 4. And that might not be how it happens in the final version. Gizmo and Stripe were originally going to be a 2 in 1 fighter before they were separated during development.
I've already proven you wrong on this in a post on the previous page. Don't ignore it this time.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I've already proven you wrong on this in a post on the previous page. Don't ignore it this time.
I was saying that it's not impossible for them to change their plans. They've got an entire year to figure stuff out and get things to work, and sometimes they can't always get what they want.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I was saying that it's not impossible for them to change their plans. They've got an entire year to figure stuff out and get things to work, and sometimes they can't always get what they want.
And I'm saying that what's currently leaked isn't any more or less labor intensive than the alternative that you're proposing. It's Duck Hunt, not Ice Climbers.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
And I'm saying that what's currently leaked isn't any more or less labor intensive than the alternative that you're proposing. It's Duck Hunt, not Ice Climbers.
I'm expecting that only Blossom is directly playable, but Buttercup and Bubbles will occasionally come out for attacks.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Just because Sakurai couldn't do it, doesn't mean others can't. Stop acting like Sakurai is this big coding God that knows anything and is able to do anything he wants.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
And if they do go the IC route for the PPGs there could also be framerate issues, especially if all four players play as the PPGs which would lead to it essentially being a twelve-character battle.

ᑐᑌᑎᑕ

Smash Cadet
And if they do go the IC route for the PPGs there could also be framerate issues, especially if all four players play as the PPGs which would lead to it essentially being a twelve-character battle.
You are the only person saying they'd work like the Ice Climbers lol. Even the leaks imply it's one entity (like Duck Hunt), not three. If they're one entity no such issues would exist.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
You are the only person saying they'd work like the Ice Climbers lol. Even the leaks imply it's one entity (like Duck Hunt), not three. If they're one entity no such issues would exist.
What you’re saying sounds more like Poisandra in Battle for the Grid than Duck Hunt.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
And how exactly does Poisandra plays like? no seriously i've never played battle for the grid
She occasionally summons Sledge for some attacks. Which is how I think the PPGs will play. I think that you will really only control one girl (that being Blossom) and she occasionally summons the other two for attacks, considering the fact that each girl has a signature power that only they can use (Blossom has ice breath, Bubbles has a sonic scream attack ala Black Canary, and Buttercup can summon tornadoes).

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
She occasionally summons Sledge for some attacks. Which is how I think the PPGs will play. I think that you will really only control one girl (that being Blossom) and she occasionally summons the other two for attacks, considering the fact that each girl has a signature power that only they can use (Blossom has ice breath, Bubbles has a sonic scream attack ala Black Canary, and Buttercup can summon tornadoes).
Or potentially simultaneously play as them as one, blossom could be the main girl who's front first but the moveset can have bubbles & buttercup do other attacks too.

What could go wrong?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Or potentially simultaneously play as them as one, blossom could be the main girl who's front first but the moveset can have bubbles & buttercup do other attacks too.

What could go wrong?
Again, framerate issues if all three girls are on screen at the same time, as that would lead to there being twelve high quality models on screen. The most this game appears to handle is eight (in matches where all four players play as Tom & Jerry) and I've never seen a match like this so I wonder how the game runs it.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Again, framerate issues if all three girls are on screen at the same time, as that would lead to there being twelve high quality models on screen. The most this game appears to handle is eight (in matches where all four players play as Tom & Jerry) and I've never seen a match like this so I wonder how the game runs it.
We shall believe it when we see it

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You're acting like it would be a Pyra-but-no-Rex situation. It's not. All three are characters made up of the simplest shapes imaginable. Again, Duck Hunt.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I just wanna know, how good does the game run if you're playing a four player match if everybody plays as Tom and Jerry?

Last edited:

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
I just wanna know, how good does the game run if you're playing a four player match if everybody plays as Tom and Jerry?
If the servers don't change, any additional latency wouldn't be too noticeable :4pacman:

But seriously, I don't really remember any latency issues with T&J, and considering other characters have graphically intensive summons (Steven's Watermelon, Rick's portals and Meeseeks, Bugs' rocket and safe) I can't see how two other Powerfuff Girls would be impossible to implement.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
If there's one thing I hope for when the relaunch happens above anything else, apart from new content of course, is better marketing/communication. Obviously you need content to market things but in the entire time the Open Beta was well... open, I saw like 1 or 2 ads for it without actively hunting.

The lack of content that wasn't cosmetic after Marvin didn't help matters.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
It looks like WB are sending out emails
I've tried to answer that server to show support, but i left a mark on it because it didn't give me much freedom of options from the video games questions they ask if i played and it was wasting my time from my stuff.

Last edited:

Mr Hairyman

Smash Cadet
I hope PFG do more challenge events like the Cromulons stage for the relaunch. Maybe for unlocking characters (like a day or two in advance), skins, and more stages.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Well, we made it to the final week of the Multiversus Open Beta being open. I'll have a post about my two cents later but first some reminders:

1. If you want to clear the Battle Pass now is the time.
2. Unless you have a stash of Gleamium all premium unlocks are unavailable until the relaunch. Gold based unlocks (including all characters) are still available to buy.
3. Once the Open Beta closes, both Training Mode and Local Play (both of which have all characters unlocked) will remain open.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Well, we made it to the final week of the Multiversus Open Beta being open. I'll have a post about my two cents later but first some reminders:

1. If you want to clear the Battle Pass now is the time.
2. Unless you have a stash of Gleamium all premium unlocks are unavailable until the relaunch. Gold based unlocks (including all characters) are still available to buy.
3. Once the Open Beta closes, both Training Mode and Local Play (both of which have all characters unlocked) will remain open.
Will Arcade Mode still be open?

Mr Hairyman

Smash Cadet
Here is the FAQ on the MultiVersus website, it goes over details about the beta shutting down and relaunch towards the bottom.
This is what it says about game modes after the shut down

Last edited:
Top Bottom