• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
We talked about Ryu yesterday and I thought about more video game characters that we could get in the game. I think that something different that this game could do compare to Smash is getting more Western games. I think Scorpion is very safe considering WB make the game, but the other big western fighting games could be Killer instinct. Microsoft own Killer instinct so it might be hard to get a character from this into Multiversus, but Master chief is in Fortnite despite being multiplatform too so who knows, maybe they would accept. Maybe we could get something from Assassin's creed since it's one of the biggest Western video game franchise and I think Ubisoft could be easy to deal with. Geralt from the Witcher also comes to mind, not sure if CDR would be open to it but with the success of the series it would make sense.

D

Deleted member

We talked about Ryu yesterday and I thought about more video game characters that we could get in the game. I think that something different that this game could do compare to Smash is getting more Western games. I think Scorpion is very safe considering WB make the game, but the other big western fighting games could be Killer instinct. Microsoft own Killer instinct so it might be hard to get a character from this into Multiversus, but Master chief is in Fortnite despite being multiplatform too so who knows, maybe they would accept. Maybe we could get something from Assassin's creed since it's one of the biggest Western video game franchise and I think Ubisoft could be easy to deal with. Geralt from the Witcher also comes to mind, not sure if CDR would be open to it but with the success of the series it would make sense.
Iirc WB pushed the Witcher 3 in some regions so there is a bit of a connection

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
There's other games Warner Bros. Owns or Has They can make.

Such as The Midway Arcade Library, The LEGO Games, F.E.A.R., and Scribblenauts

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Speaking of, I wonder if a Fortnite character is on the table? Fortnite is hyper-iconic, has a ton of moveset potential, and has essentially an infinite amount of skin potential . Rumors say that Epic and Warner are fighting because of Multiversus (with the latter not giving any new skins to the former), but that makes no sense because FN and MVS are in completely different genres. Even if it is real, cross-promoting each other would be an excellent way to make it water under the bridge (On Epic's side, there are still plenty of MVS characters that could be added into Fortnite like Shaggy, Arya, or Garnet).

D

Deleted member

Speaking of, I wonder if a Fortnite character is on the table? Fortnite is hyper-iconic, has a ton of moveset potential, and has essentially an infinite amount of skin potential . Rumors say that Epic and Warner are fighting because of Multiversus (with the latter not giving any new skins to the former), but that makes no sense because FN and MVS are in completely different genres. Even if it is real, cross-promoting each other would be an excellent way to make it water under the bridge (On Epic's side, there are still plenty of MVS characters that could be added into Fortnite like Shaggy, Arya, or Garnet).
Multiversus has built in epic store support so I don't think there is anything to those roumors.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
This is how Gandalf gets in, his assets get repurposed to create the Wizard from Gauntlet
Haha, ya and they should also add the dungeon haunting grounds from Gauntlet: Dark Legacy while their at it.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Ryu was mentioned earlier in the thread and it actually got me thinking about the weirdest dream match idea that makes complete sense when you stop and think about it for a few seconds.

Ryu vs Shaggy, both come from franchises who are known to crossover with a lot of things in their respective mediums so them fighting would be funny lol

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Ryu was mentioned earlier in the thread and it actually got me thinking about the weirdest dream match idea that makes complete sense when you stop and think about it for a few seconds.

Ryu vs Shaggy, both come from franchises who are known to crossover with a lot of things in their respective mediums so them fighting would be funny lol
And as Scorpion is a likely addition, FG fans can finally have an official Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter crossover that they've been dreaming about for decades.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I was playing Reindog for the first time and he's actually very fun, but imo it feels like a miss opportunity to make the oc mute. For a game that put so Much love on characters interactions and dialogues it would have been interesting to hear what he would say to the other weird characters.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I was playing Reindog for the first time and he's actually very fun, but imo it feels like a miss opportunity to make the oc mute. For a game that put so Much love on characters interactions and dialogues it would have been interesting to hear what he would say to the other weird characters.
And Didn't They Say He Had an Actor Too? Where was that actor?

Though in terms of having Reindog mute, there seems to be some instances were i heard a small sound from him.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
And Didn't They Say He Had an Actor Too? Where was that actor?

Though in terms of having Reindog mute, there seems to be some instances were i heard a small sound from him.
Yeah I'm guessing the actor just did a few dog noises.

By the way, am I the only one that the Rick and Morty stages is like extremely loud? I can barely hear the announcer (who is already pretty loud), let alone other characters fighting. I know it's a beta but the sound mixing in this game is pretty bad.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I wonder if this is one of those things that they'll end up exploring more in the future. One of the most interesting things about Reindog is his background yet without any story mode implemented, it kinda falls flat.

When his character isn't very established, there's not much point in writing dialogue for him. Then again, he's not even the only silent character so I can't complain much.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I wonder if this is one of those things that they'll end up exploring more in the future. One of the most interesting things about Reindog is his background yet without any story mode implemented, it kinda falls flat.

When his character isn't very established, there's not much point in writing dialogue for him. Then again, he's not even the only silent character so I can't complain much.
That's fair, but I wasn't really expecting like Tom & Jerry to talk since they never do in the show. But with Reindog he's an original characters so they could do anything with him and give him more personnality.

I do wonder if we'll get more story in the game. The official site kind of imply that Reindog is somewhat important but like you said, with no story mode it feels incomplete and it feels like there's no point to all that. Maybe they'll find a way to add more story later but with the game being free I'm not expecting a big story mode.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Honestly, the way they've handled Reindog as a whole is really weird. You would think that they would make the OC a key part of the marketing and/or one of the starter characters, but that isn't what they did. He's barely in any of the trailers (Shaggy and Batman instead serving as the mascots), he's one of the most complex characters in the game, and he's not really free (instead just being one of the rotating weekly trial characters). I'm beginning to think the only reason he didn't meet the same fate as the other OCs was because they were really low on Support Class characters and needed to keep him (which even then doesn't make much sense)

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Honestly, the way they've handled Reindog as a whole is really weird. You would think that they would make the OC a key part of the marketing and/or one of the starter characters, but that isn't what they did. He's barely in any of the trailers (Shaggy and Batman instead serving as the mascots), he's one of the most complex characters in the game, and he's not really free (instead just being one of the rotating weekly trial characters). I'm beginning to think the only reason he didn't meet the same fate as the other OCs was because they were really low on Support Class characters and needed to keep him (which even then doesn't make much sense)
The only thing justifying Reindog's presence in the game is that he's the cutest thing who deserves the world, thanks for coming to my TED talk.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
But I think the licensing could be the problem.
(Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not 100% sure)
Explain Eleven then? She's not Warner Bros.

And plenty of non-Disney properties that apparently appeared in Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers.

I is confused how does this work?
The only Nintendo character I’m expecting in MultiVersus is a Pokémon due to the connection with WB. However, the character would be Nintendo-exclusive.
Bu-b-but anyone's possible...At least that's what Multiversus said regarding non-Warner Bros. characters...

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I feel the anyone’s possible deal with MultiVersus is…tenuous to say the least. Given that Disney characters are off the table, Paramount not liking Warner and Ubisoft being exclusive to Brawlhalla…anyone is not possible.

Nintendo might be tricky due to the lack of 1st party Nintendo IPs present on other consoles. However, a lot of companies can seem to work well with WB like Universal for example.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Why did the devs say non-Warner Bros. characters are possible then?

Maybe they should had worded it better and would give the assumption anyone was possible. Wasn't there a leak regarding Naruto and Wreck-It Ralph being in this game?

In that case. Mario when?

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Why did the devs say non-Warner Bros. characters are possible then?

Maybe they should had worded it better and would give the assumption anyone was possible.

In that case. Mario when?
Just because they aren't taking third-party characters off the table completely doesn't mean that Multiversus is MUGEN and every character under the sun is an equally likely addition.

Let's be realistic here. Looking at the characters we got so far, it makes sense to assume that the majority of the characters we'll get will be from Warner Bros-owned comics/cartoons with some live-action ones. There'll probably be a good amount of guest fighters if this game stays around for a long time but if Smash is anything to go by, their additions will be relatively few and far in-between. WB works with movies and animation so characters originating from that kind of media may have a good chance if they have enough fan demand or popularity.

Him being a big video game icon shouldn't equate to Mario being an inevitable or even likely pick.

(also something use spoiler tags something)

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
That also still doesn't explain Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers that had non-Disney properties featured...How does that work?

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
And what about that one leak saying Hulk, Naruto and Wreck-It Ralph are in the game?

And I thought Disney and Warner Bros. hated each other being the rivals they are? Hmmm...

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You know I wouldn't actually doubt the possibility of Goku getting in.

Folks couldn't get him in Smash so Multiversus is probably the next best thing they can think to request him. If the demand is strong enough I could see it.

Hell Shonen Jump should make another attempt at another platform fighter. One with more of a budget to it this time. Pretty sure fans would eat it up.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
That's fair, but I wasn't really expecting like Tom & Jerry to talk since they never do in the show.
Do They Never?

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
The "Everyone could get in" quote has been taken so much out of his context. The context was this on some FAQ:

"PFG developer ‘Veigar’ was asked: “Is it possible we have second party characters?”

They responded: “Yes, anything is possible. There’s a reason we didn’t name the game WB Brawlers.” "

So yeah they're open to non WB characters, but the anything is possible doesn't have to be taken so literally. We are never ever getting a Nintendo character in this game, I mean, the game isn't on a Nintendo console, it's just so obvious that they would never accept considering how stingy Nintendo is.

The "anything is possible" just meant non WB characters could get in, not that every characters in the universe could get in the game. People should really temper their expectations with the roster.

D

Deleted member

It'd worth noting that eleven is currently missing from the files

Even if guest characters do happen, the thing that makes Mario unlikely to me is that Nintendo seemingly don't do multiplat stuff. Epic where unable to get Samus for Fortnite dispite planning her. I dobut the devs would want a character locked to one platform.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
The other fighting games Warner bros owns tend to have quiet a number of guest fighters for some reason, it wouldn't surprise me if we got a few here lol

Top Bottom