• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Ivander

Smash Legend
Also, starting with this patch, Battle Pass XP will be given out after each PvP match in addition to Events and Missions.
Oh sweet! That's decently big, even if so far, it's 10XP per win and 5XP per loss. But still, with some of the glitches taken out, all characters being able to be used for training and the Battle Pass XP for PVP, it's an overall step in the right direction.

Now one of the ones I'm hoping that eventually happens is for all characters being available for Local Multiplayer.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Oh sweet! That's decently big, even if so far, it's 10XP per win and 5XP per loss. But still, with some of the glitches taken out, all characters being able to be used for training and the Battle Pass XP for PVP, it's an overall step in the right direction.

Now one of the ones I'm hoping that eventually happens is for all characters being available for Local Multiplayer.
Most of these are good changes that recognize some big failings but I'm sorry to say they don't understand what's making Wonder Woman so oppressive

Ivander

Smash Legend
Most of these are good changes that recognize some big failings but I'm sorry to say they don't understand what's making Wonder Woman so oppressive
Oh, Wonder Woman has some notables to deal with, especially with her having a lot of kill options that are effective, but as someone who faced a few Wonder Womans online, I can understand why the Lasso was targeted, since it was so easy to spam and start combos with. 1v1s, it was not hard to counter, but I never fought a Wonder Woman who did not spam the Lasso in the 2v2s, which Multiversus is trying to base it's balance around.

The Lasso is likely the start and I wouldn't be surprised if Wonder Woman's more used kill options were targeted eventually like Banana Guard's Side Specials.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Yeah I feel they should have nerfed her up air. Also I feel like having a cooldown on the lasso is a weird design for the character, because that's her signature move, I feel that it should be available at all time and there could be other way to nerf it like smaller range or longer startup.

Edit: Also the Banana guard nerf is really weird too. Like, why nerf the damage when the problem with side special was the hitbox and the knockback? Maybe nerfing the damage will still help but it's a bit of a weird nerf for me.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah I feel they should have nerfed her up air. Also I feel like having a cooldown on the lasso is a weird design for the character, because that's her signature move, I feel that it should be available at all time and there could be other way to nerf it like smaller range or longer startup.

Edit: Also the Banana guard nerf is really weird too. Like, why nerf the damage when the problem with side special was the hitbox and the knockback? Maybe nerfing the damage will still help but it's a bit of a weird nerf for me.
If the knockback formula is anything like Smash, then affecting damage does impact the knockback.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I think I'm gonna give Multiversus a try proper soon.

I've been curious about the game since the first trailer released but I've never actually played any of the beta/early access phases.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Apparently, this patch made things worse on Xbox.

Those that play on Xbox may want to consider not playing until more patches come in.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
I was really hope the choppy framerates and disconnects would be fixed this patch, but it's kinda the same as it has been befor the patch. They really gotta fix it ASAP.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I don't want to be a doomer but the fact that the game runs worse than it did in the beta proves to me all that time redoing in the new engine was wasted. It didn't make the game look any better, the characters aren't more complex than they were before, disconnects are much more frequent and I never once had a crash I'm the old engine, but I've had three since the new release.

What was the point of all that if it just made the game LESS STABLE?!

And hoo boy I feel for the Xbox players. How did they make it worse. How could they have actually made it worse.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I don't want to be a doomer but the fact that the game runs worse than it did in the beta proves to me all that time redoing in the new engine was wasted. It didn't make the game look any better, the characters aren't more complex than they were before, disconnects are much more frequent and I never once had a crash I'm the old engine, but I've had three since the new release.

What was the point of all that if it just made the game LESS STABLE?!

And hoo boy I feel for the Xbox players. How did they make it worse. How could they have actually made it worse.
If I had to guess, the engine change was to future proof the game since the original was technically on an outdated engine. Honestly I think WB also takes some blame since they have a history of rushing things out the door.

And yeah I’m also curious about how Xbox managed to get worse post patch. It doesn’t help that I play the game on a Series X so it’s gonna be bad.

It would give them more freedom to make diverse stages if they didn't all have to have walls that stretch into the bottom blast zone
No it wouldn't, that's an extremely narrow minded point of view. There's lots of diverse and interesting stages in games like Rivals and lots of Smash's stages too can exist in a game without shields and ledge grabs. There's plenty of ways to implement blast zone walls and ways to interact with a stage while keeping a stage interesting. The idea that it's the fault of the mechanics than the actual stage design is just plain stupid.

MVS copying Smash is not and never will be a good idea, the genre will never grow with that kind of mindset.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Is anyone else having a hard time with matches disconnecting right at the start in PVP since the patch? I need to know if it's the game or my internet that's the problem.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Is anyone else having a hard time with matches disconnecting right at the start in PVP since the patch? I need to know if it's the game or my internet that's the problem.
I haven't so far after this patch. I'm probably one of the few people who hasn't had a major issue with their connection for the most part. I have lagged in matches, but only once have I ever been disconnected from a match and that was before the new patch.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I've had trouble staying in matches for the entire relaunch. It feels like, if I try to do ten games...
  • Five disconnect within the first 15 seconds or so
  • Three disconnect at some other point in the match
  • One crashes the game and I have to open it up again
  • One actually gets to finish (and the rematch is slightly less likely to disconnect)

I'm not going to lie, my Internet isn't great, but this doesn't happen with any other game. Not even Smash is this bad.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Personally, my online experience is vastly improved compared to beta. There are no random teleports, matchmaking is fast and I never had any disconnection issues.

But I can only vouch for the Steam version.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So there's currently a glitch where specific keyboard inputs on the menus will cause the cursor to freak out and start purchasing things without permission...and they're not offering refunds.

This is scarily and dangerously incompetent design at best and outright predatory at worst. It will genuinely be a miracle if the game lives long enough for us to get the Wicked Witch.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So there's currently a glitch where specific keyboard inputs on the menus will cause the cursor to freak out and start purchasing things without permission...and they're not offering refunds.

This is scarily and dangerously incompetent design at best and outright predatory at worst. It will genuinely be a miracle if the game lives long enough for us to get the Wicked Witch.
If they don't offer refunds once the glitch is fixed, I guarantee that they'll be in deep ****.

This isn't the kind of glitch you can just ignore or put a patch on and call it a day.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Looked more into it. The only instance I could find was someone who was spamming the Enter key to go through Rift dialogue quickly (from what I’m reading the game has a button to hold letting you skip dialogue). If I had to guess, the game must’ve thought it was done normally.

I hope everyone affected gets it addressed. And that in the future something to prevent accidental purchases comes (like a Yes No screen or holding the button to purchase).

As I was writing this post, this tweet came out regarding the Xbox version:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Hopefully that store issue is fixed very soon, because yeah, that no refunds thing for unintentional purchases, even with proof, is a big yikes.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
One step forward, three steps back. :substitute:

I’m unaffected by the patch because it hits none of my played characters. I don’t know if this will kill the game but their opening month hasn’t been pretty to the impressionable audience

Top Bottom