• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Man, I hate to be the one who's going "stop complaining," but the doomposting on other websites is ridiculous.

They've gone to insulting the devs, when I'm pretty darn sure a lot of these issues are the fault of Warner Bros mandates.

And that aside, it's vicious. I have my own big issues with the game, but geez it's like these guys want it to fail spectacularly.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Man, I hate to be the one who's going "stop complaining," but the doomposting on other websites is ridiculous.

They've gone to insulting the devs, when I'm pretty darn sure a lot of these issues are the fault of Warner Bros mandates.

And that aside, it's vicious. I have my own big issues with the game, but geez it's like these guys want it to fail spectacularly.
I don't know if it's true, but the mood towards the developers was apparently very bad during the beta too. The developers tried to communicate with the players during the beta testing and the attitude towards them was apparently so bad they stopped communicating at some point.

Probably best to stay off the sites for now or at least ignore the doomposting and simply keep an eye out for updates and whatnot. Or if it's too hard to avoid to simply let others bring any new updates here.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Yeah there's a reason devs are generally reluctant to communicate with players and especially in the current climate, it's absolutely not worth all the bull**** you have to put up with on a daily basis. **** lowers morale and that can shine through in the updates.

Communicate the issues in a civil manner, it shouldn't be this hard

osby

Smash Obsessed
Multiversus is in a pretty rough shape but I agree that a lot of complaints I see making rounds is either in bad faith, unconstructive or is plain misinformation. The devs did outright say that they didn't have time to reimplement some features from the beta and are obviously working on them so I think waiting for an upcoming patch may be better than ad hominem attacks.

For what it's worth, I'm actually having fun with the game. I already have quite a few characters unlocked from the beta and Rifts mode was just what I needed to enjoy the game without going online for matches. An easier way for people to play as their faves would go a long way to make the game more fun for now.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Kinda weird to have Jason before Crystal Lake, but can't complain. There's definitely some weird things with how development has gone the last year.
With us getting Townsville and Dexter's Lab before the actual characters, and the Game of Thrones stage getting added super late into the beta, it's probably gonna happen a lot with future stages.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
With us getting Townsville and Dexter's Lab before the actual characters, and the Game of Thrones stage getting added super late into the beta, it's probably gonna happen a lot with future stages.
Actually wondering if we’re going to get Dexter earlier than we think, considering the next rift seems to be centered around the Lab, and this is probably where the RoboDexo boss is going to come into play. Unless they do something stupid like “Stripe steals the RoboDexo” I can’t imagine Dexter not getting involved.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I actually wouldn't mind getting more stages that aren't tied to fighters.

Don't get me wrong, they still should give existing franchises their home stages (especially Tom & Jerry and Gremlins) but it's fun to broaden the selection up a bit. Some franchises really lend themselves to stages better than fighters and vice versa.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

Yeah I actually agree, I saw many people complaining about the battle pass, so I was very scared of how it turned out, but I was surprise to see it's actually very fair compared to other games. I only played twice this week and by doing every weekly challenge and most dailies, I was already level 9. So at this rate, I should complete the battle pass in 8 weeks. Also, people were complaining hard in the beta when we used to gain battle pass xp from playing the game because it felt grindy, so I'm assuming this is why they made the change to focus more on challenges which gives more xp and progression feels better.

They're already playable so what's the point
The joke is that many people where calling Mojo Jojo disconfirmed because of his appearance on the stage, so I called the same thing with Tom and Jerry.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah I actually agree, I saw many people complaining about the battle pass, so I was very scared of how it turned out, but I was surprise to see it's actually very fair compared to other games. I only played twice this week and by doing every weekly challenge and most dailies, I was already level 9. So at this rate, I should complete the battle pass in 8 weeks. Also, people were complaining hard in the beta when we used to gain battle pass xp from playing the game because it felt grindy, so I'm assuming this is why they made the change to focus more on challenges which gives more xp and progression feels better.
That's fair, and I'm liking the new mission system a lot more. Though, it wouldn't hurt to give some sort of reward for just playing matches.

I'm at Battle Pass level 10 without much effort and it's nice that Fighter Currency only requires level 15.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Actually wondering if we’re going to get Dexter earlier than we think, considering the next rift seems to be centered around the Lab, and this is probably where the RoboDexo boss is going to come into play. Unless they do something stupid like “Stripe steals the RoboDexo” I can’t imagine Dexter not getting involved.
With all these datamines coming out and nothing hinting towards Dexter at all, I kinda doubt Dexter will be coming soon. Maybe later, but definitely not now or in a week.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
With all these datamines coming out and nothing hinting towards Dexter at all, I kinda doubt Dexter will be coming soon. Maybe later, but definitely not now or in a week.
I thought about that but they managed to keep Agent Smith a secret so I dunno, anything’s possible.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
We got some looks at upcoming stages, specifically The Cat Concerto, Acme Labs, and Camp Crystal Lake. The cinematic for the new Jason rift also has some interesting assets that might be used for the Gremlins stage, Midnight Screening

Images gone, can anyone describe them for me if you saw them before

Kinda weird to have Jason before Crystal Lake, but can't complain. There's definitely some weird things with how development has gone the last year.
would you rather Crystal Lake come before Jason? That'd be way weirder

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Images gone, can anyone describe them for me if you saw them before

would you rather Crystal Lake come before Jason? That'd be way weirder
Spoilering these.

The initial gif got removed, but it was basically inside a grand piano with keys moving up and down in the background with a giant Tom playing it; the foreground where you stand seemed to be the piano strings.

The ACME Labs Prototype
1717523428372.png

The Camp Crystal Lake Prototype with description
1717523469137.png

Faso115

Smash Lord
Did power pledge end? Im leveling up characters but can't claim rewards. It's still there for me

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Did power pledge end? Im leveling up characters but can't claim rewards. It's still there for me
Not sure, but it seems to be closed? For me it now says "Claim till jun 6".

I've looked at the other events, like the Agent Smith one, and on the menu it says "Open till jul 23", but in the agent smith menu itself it says "May 27 - Jul 30". So pretty much after the event is finished, you still have a couple days left to claim your rewards.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
For what it's worth, there's only fifteen rewards from it - five groups of perk currency, five groups of fighter currency, four groups of battlepass currency (if I recall correctly), and one reward of Gleamium. Mine now says "claim until June 6th" because I finished it. (playing a character for the first time counts as leveling them up, which made it go by much quicker)

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
I've looked up a random MultiVersus review, for the Power Pledge Drive event it says "Open till jun 6". Makes me think they either made a typo or closed the event too early.

I also briefly saw the Shark Reindog skin in the store as a bundle, but now it's not there anymore.

Edit: Also the batman vs joker event has been added, coming jun 11

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
https://x.com/AusilMV/status/1798131062998175761 What if it's for Ami and Yumi since his show is based on music and works very well as 2 on 1 fighter
My guess is Marceline. She has her bass guitar, and could stance change into a monster form.

I’m sticking hard to the idea a 2-in-1 fighter isn’t happening with this game’s emphasis on 2v2 and having duos as co-op partners. Unless it’s a stance change where one character turns into a separate form, but not two separate characters.
Closest we’re likely to get is the PPG and there’s three of them.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Few quick things the team is working on according to their Twitter:

Performance Improvements
Return of Post Game Stats
Option to turn off Team Colors
Iron Giant

Also, the option to buy lives in the rift mode is not intended and has been addressed.

Edit: Should probably clarify the last point a bit.

A bug allowing people to access later rifts was patched out. Through this, people discovered the second highest difficulty let you buy lives. It is likely this is what they’re referring to since it never mentioned it. Only the highest difficulty does.

Note that users also discovered that lives recharge (10 minutes per life, 6 max (so an hour)).

It works like say… stamina from Fire Emblem Heroes.

Edit 2: The tweet called it a sample, meaning there’s more being worked on than just these items.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
All these stages end up feeling kinda samey, don't they?
Ledge grab? 🚫

Infinite wall cling/climb? ✅

Performance Improvements
Iron Giant

Also, the option to buy lives in the rift mode is not intended and has been addressed.
Are they going to do anything about not being able to exit rift battles without restarting the game?

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
Yeah, i'm glad that MVS is not yet another platform fighter trying to ape Smash melee for the dedicated internet group that's actually small and not the more casual group that enjoys smash for the stupid things u can do in silly games.

That said, it's weird how many "scrapped" ideas are making it into the launch game. Feels like they are walking back bad decissions instead of accidents u know

Ivander

Smash Legend

Performance Improvements
Iron Giant

Edit: Should probably clarify the last point a bit.

A bug allowing people to access later rifts was patched out. Through this, people discovered the second highest difficulty let you buy lives. It is likely this is what they’re referring to since it never mentioned it. Only the highest difficulty does.

Note that users also discovered that lives recharge (10 minutes per life, 6 max (so an hour)).

It works like say… stamina from Fire Emblem Heroes.

Edit 2: The tweet called it a sample, meaning there’s more being worked on than just these items.
Okay. That bit about the lives makes more sense because it's very clearly intentional with the last difficulty. Learning that it's actually the 4th difficulty that's not supposed to have lives compared to the 5th difficulty and therefore shouldn't be able to buy lives in the 4th difficulty makes more sense.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
If only people on Reddit and Twitter would realize this is what they ment with the bug. Now people are saying PFG are trying to save face by lying about it being a bug when the feature was obviously only for the Looney difficulty. The screenshot with the "buy lives" feature that I've seen shared around even says it's on the Insanity difficulty. It's a weird bug overal, but people are seriously overreacting about it honestly.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Not having ledge grabs is unique, I'm glad MVS is willing to stick to different things than just Smash.
Rivals of Aether doesn't have ledge grabs or ledge hangs, it just gives characters good recovery tools. If game mechanics are making stages less interesting and diverse to accommodate for them, then maybe they aren't good mechanics at all?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I still wish we had a universal shield of some kind. Dodging is all fun and games until your opponent reads your 50/50 airdodge for the nth time.

Maybe I just need to git gud at parrying and use the projectile reflection perk. :4pacman:

Faso115

Smash Lord
I'm gonna ramble for a bit for a conspiracy of mine

So Ghostface got leaked for MK1. We actually known for a while since lines referencing him have been in the code for a while. And that made me wonder how likely he could be for MVS.

For starters, MK1 and MVS are under WB games, so it wouldn't too difficult to negotiate the license for 2 separate games i suppose. Then there's also the chance that ghosty could line up for Season 3, since that one might start in october at the earliest, Halloween time, making ghosty perfect for a BP hero like Jason was.

Also how both Roger Jackson and Matthew Lillard are in this game, so reprising the role is not that complicated (Stu can be a variant if they want to go the extra mile)

Downsides? Well there's a huge list of characters in the files with voicelines and it seems they are far more likely to drop before any wild theories i may have. But that never really was hard evidence, some of those character might be like Marvin and might stop gaps in case games doesn't have some content ready in time

Top Bottom