• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MSC#5 M.A.S KAMI NO BACHI 03/27/10 Winthrop Harbor, IL $400 IN GUARANTEED POT BONUSES

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Every time I come to one of these tournaments something magical happens.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Indiana isn't too far.

Although I don't remember where the exact location in the state the next is at.

edit: Also I'll do shoutouts in the results thread.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
i tthought that webster is having monthlies at winthrop harbor cafe place. then doing another tourney series like everywhere. i must be wrong since the next one of these winthrop harbor things is in indiana
no, i believe that the indiana one is the next midwest circuit event for brawl. this MAS tourney was part of that circuit.

goods hit, kels!!! m2k, better get a new circuit board for your **** button.

cosmo went all zelda? wow....what a friggin beast.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
i tthought that webster is having monthlies at winthrop harbor cafe place. then doing another tourney series like everywhere. i must be wrong since the next one of these winthrop harbor things is in indiana
No...

The Next MSC Circuit Event is in Indiana. Aka MSC #6.

The next Raging Storm Circuit Event is in MN. April 17th.

The next Winthrop Harbor Monthly is still next month on April 24th.

Just thought I post some corrections for people that feel confused. ^_^

hunger!

Smash Champion
No...

The Next MSC Circuit Event is in Indiana. Aka MSC #6.

The next Raging Storm Circuit Event is in MN. April 17th.

The next Winthrop Harbor Monthly is still next month on April 24th.

Just thought I post some corrections for people that feel confused. ^_^
oh sweet. thanks dk

john!

Smash Hero
Fun tourney. Hopefully I'll get better and not lose again to the ppl I lost to this time. But I did all right overall and they deserved the wins.

HUGE thanks to the Chicago people who gave me a ride at the last minute, and booo to the people who were supposed to give me a ride but left without telling me.

SO's maybe in results thread.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Did losers semis get recorded?

John we told you like 3x that we didnt have room and that you should find another ride....

Kels88

Smash Lord
I 4 stocked Kels Fox with Roy and it's recorded I want to see it

please upload all the melee vids
I wasn't even serious that match. Play him against me next time in tournament and we can go to FD every match.

Edit: You better step it up M2K. Just wait til i polish up my Falco.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
I wasn't even serious that match. Play him against me next time in tournament and we can go to FD every match.

Edit: You better step it up M2K. Just wait til i polish up my Falco.
No Johns. Play falco!

john!

Smash Hero
Huh? I didn't say anything to anyone regarding a ride. Don't drag me into this!
I'm not mad, but I was only told that you might or might not have room. I thought when you were about to leave that you would check and let me know. Not once did I get a definitive "no, we don't have room", it was always "maybe". Sorry if there was any miscommunication. I got home all right so we might as well drop it.

Sveet told you multiple times
Oro told you at least once
I told you at least once
Chris told you at least once

Are you brain deaf or something?
Lol @ TGD making assumptions. And what does it mean to be "brain deaf"... are there other types of deaf not involving the brain? You're too funny.

ORLY

Smash Master
Did you ask me to check or something? I don't remember anything like that; I was very tired and half asleep for about an hour before we left.

Glad to hear you got home though.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
yeah I want to see it too. And it's recorded, so we can!
losers finals wasn't too close sadly (3-1) but here is what happened in winners semis

game 1
zelda vs fox on battlefield
I have kels OFF THE STAGE at high % on his last stock and he upBs at me and i fail to edgeguard him somehow. then i lose the match. I was really sad so I went back to the same stage and kels went sheik (what a ***** LOL) so I switch to falco (this is the only match in the entire bracket that I was not zelda)

game 2
falco vs sheik on battlefield
I get an early lead, he tries to bring it back, but I win the match, he picks Stadium so I'm thinking he'll go back to fox, and I switch back to zelda. he switches to fox

game 3
zelda vs fox on stadium
Another close last stock game that I lose :( if I got my edgeguard off in the first game I would have won the set

and here is a message for RAY CHUN: lets play 500 sheik dittos so I can beat kels when he counterpicks to sheik LOL

john!

Smash Hero
By "you" I meant anyone in the group as a whole, not you personally. I'm definitely not mad at you personally, I'm glad you showed up at this tourney. You don't need to feel guilty or get involved in this. Like I said, we might as well drop it because it's done in the past.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
By "you" I meant anyone in the group as a whole, not you personally. I'm definitely not mad at you personally, I'm glad you showed up at this tourney. You don't need to feel guilty or get involved in this. Like I said, we might as well drop it because it's done in the past.
Don't be dumb, it's obviously a turn of phrase.
And what from "We have 4 people and a TV in the backseat of a car did you not understand.
I even said there was even room enough for Chris and I to wear seatbelts.

There wasn't enough room even for someone like Mellow.

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
I shouldve placed higher in LT -_-

QQ

I am honestly debating ONLY entering LT next time because i KNOW i can place in that. T-T

Tomacawk

Smash Master
losers finals wasn't too close sadly (3-1) but here is what happened in winners semis

game 1
zelda vs fox on battlefield
I have kels OFF THE STAGE at high % on his last stock and he upBs at me and i fail to edgeguard him somehow. then i lose the match. I was really sad so I went back to the same stage and kels went sheik (what a ***** LOL) so I switch to falco (this is the only match in the entire bracket that I was not zelda)

game 2
falco vs sheik on battlefield
I get an early lead, he tries to bring it back, but I win the match, he picks Stadium so I'm thinking he'll go back to fox, and I switch back to zelda. he switches to fox

game 3
zelda vs fox on stadium
Another close last stock game that I lose :( if I got my edgeguard off in the first game I would have won the set

and here is a message for RAY CHUN: lets play 500 sheik dittos so I can beat kels when he counterpicks to sheik LOL
tl;dr
no johns

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Mario will be in grandfinals next time so it would be less boring to watch waffles. lulz

But seriously though, Meneil for best Ike in IL?

Wafles

Smash Lord
Mario will be in grandfinals next time so it would be less boring to watch waffles. lulz

But seriously though, Meneil for best Ike in IL?
=( two F's
also kirk is better imo, he just doesn't go to enough tourneys

How surprising that Meneil and M2K were in GFs? I agree. Not everyone who placed in the top 10 were Ike.
I'm not suprised an ike main (and a good one) can make it to grands in low tier. Someone who can place pretty well in regular brawl with Ike is obviously going to have an easier time in low tier.
Ever since the tier list change I think Ike has even less competition, but whatever.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wow, I didn't think it was possible, but each tourny is better than the last. Illinois is still Ike-land. But I'm still kicking myself for my own Low tier performance. Theres always next time XD

Gonna go train up so I don't choke next time. Also gonna do some training and finally take Spikes off his pull-up mm high horse. I'm comin' t' get ya!

(INSERT MEGA X HYPE HERE)

Top Bottom