• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mr Tingle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
That's true, the Japanese are the main people Nintendo is trying to please obviously.

Seriously though, can't we get something better than a 40 year old man throwing maps?

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Who the hell cares if people like Tingle? Not many people do, so that is a weak argument.

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
Hes popular in japan =P
he is a cook but he is still cool as long as he wont exist irl and srsly what if he is kens main?
some people hated g&w cuz he was anoying and some of those people have him as a main!

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
What if he is Ken's main? Who cares if he was Ken's main. I'm confused, should Tingle be in Brawl so Ken can get to play as him?

He may be popular in Japan, but Skull Kid and Vaati are even more popular.

Mr.GAW was one of Nintendo's first characteres, he was even there before Donkey Kong Mario. The GAW handhelds were successful too, what did Tingle do? Dance around like a ****** until you, inevitably, couldn't take anymore and popped his balloon and watch him drown in the water.

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
Marshigio said:
What if he is Ken's main? Who cares if he was Ken's main. I'm confused, should Tingle be in Brawl so Ken can get to play as him?

He may be popular in Japan, but Skull Kid and Vaati are even more popular.

Mr.GAW was one of Nintendo's first characteres, he was even there before Donkey Kong Mario. The GAW handhelds were successful too, what did Tingle do? Dance around like a ****** until you, inevitably, couldn't take anymore and popped his balloon and watch him drown in the water.
http://objection.4camp.net/go.php?n=391447

wait till the periods are over for somthing funny

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
If you realize Tingle is a ******, why are you arguing with me about his inclusion in Brawl?

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
Im not arguing 0.o

but tingle deserves a chance even though hes anoying and what he does in the present zelda games is fun fun =D

btw

+
=

D

Deleted member

Marshigio said:
You know he would own as him :p. There's nothing worse than being beaten by the best player in the world, who uses a middle-aged 'fairy' as an offensive weapon.

Anyways, Tingle is supposed to be really popular in Japan. Its not impossible to include him, just very unlikely, since he has no real fighting moves (even CF was a bounty hunter), his resistance to attack is incredibly low (see Great Bay), and he would generaly freak people out.

And not in a good way either.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Tingle looks like a pedophile.

Anyway, he would fit better as a stage prop, like someone said.

Also, adding a character who has void popularity in other countries, especially the States, is killing. Nobody is actually using that person, especially when that character turns out to be sucky. It would be an utter waste of space, and programming time.

Purin / Jigglypuff was a small exception, because she was actually the burninator of the whole game. If you still doubt the power of rest you should fight against a true Jiggly-player.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Tingle should be the Mr. Saturn of Brawl. After all, I gotta test the new bat on something.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
No, not the Mr.Saturn thing. Mr.Saturn would be a better character in Brawl.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
tingle as a playable character? all i no about him is that he flies in a balloo selling maps. thats all the trophy says about him in ssbm. he doesnt seem like he would pose much of a threat. whats he goanna do, blow air out his balloon into our faces? i thinkballoon fighter stands a much larger chance of being in ssbb. its was and still is a pretty popular game. plus, balloon fighters theme song has already been fetured in ssbm, so nintendo might already be contemplating balloon fighter as a character. also, the flipper item was broughtforth from ballon fight, so im just saying that balloon fighter has a better chance than tingle in MY OPINION. but, on the other hand, tingle is popular in japan, so who knows...

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
That game looks so weird. Seriously, that game looks messed up, which makes me want to buy it.

Too bad that was in Japanese though. The comic that was in the room was hillarious.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Tingle FTW
Serioulsy alot of ppl dont like Tingle since they think he's "gay". I do think Tingle adds personality. All the characters ppl want are expected and more bad *** then others., Tingle dosn't fir the norm, making him origianl. I think he could be funny and very original. And if you dont like him you could always beat him up.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Tingle FTL.

So you want Tingle because he's not normal? There are plenty of other original characters, and the fact that he may be "funny" to you doesn't mean he should be in Brawl. There's plenty of personality already too.

Yes, I'm probably going to pick up his game, but that doesn't mean I want him in Brawl.

Link'sShadow

Smash Journeyman
:grrr: Tingle was the most annoying (and most disturbing) character from the Zelda series. He laughs like Scooby Doo for God Sake :chuckle:. This guy is weird even on my standards (how does he survive to Wind Waker). I don't mind him being in SSBB if my mains get in but if I got in fight with Tingle :grrr: I WILL GO BESERK :grrr: .

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
SmashChu said:
Tingle FTW
Serioulsy alot of ppl dont like Tingle since they think he's "gay". I do think Tingle adds personality. All the characters ppl want are expected and more bad *** then others., Tingle dosn't fir the norm, making him origianl. I think he could be funny and very original. And if you dont like him you could always beat him up.
I don't mind oddballs being in brawl, but this is TINGLE we're talkin' about here. The dude creeps me out so much that I wanna send him to a black hole with a Home-Run Bat.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
To quote Hermes from Futurama.

I want to hurl the little ******* into a sack, then hurl the sack into a river, then hurl the river into space.

That is the extent to which I hate Tingle.

Redhairedpenguin12

Smash Apprentice
Ahhh Tingle that cheepstake he's like Moneybags to Spyro... anyway it might be fun just to beat him up, but I'm not really for him

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
S P I K E said:
Awww come on, who doesn't love Tingle deep inside?! =D
Me, and I agree with Hermes, hurl that river into space.

PS: What episode is that from, I can't really remember, but I think's its the episode where to go fishing and find the lost city of Atlanta, GA :) FUNNY!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Wow...crazy thread.

One of usual reasons why a character has a chance is that either A) They've had their own game, or B) They play a major role in the series.

He does both now. Other than Majora's Mask, you can't beat the other Zelda games without him(not counting FSA since it's just a remake of the original Four Swords, but anyway), meaning he is a major character.

Amongst the actual major characters in the Zelda series, you've got Link, Ganon, Zelda, Ganondorf, Vaati, Shadow Link, and Tingle. They actually are the major characters.(Sheik's 1 game appearance doesn't make her a major character, regardless) Some could also say Impa, but three games with varying personalities doesn't work.

Do I want Tingle in this game? Not really, but to say he'd be a terrible character to add is just stupidity.(and some opinions) If anything, all I can think of is lack of moves, no more, no less. Seriously, people, just because you don't like the character doesn't make them terrible. Bashing is just stupid.

mooseproduce

Smash Ace
Tingle isn't a terrible character to add, persay, but considering that they're not adding 80 characters, it just seems like there's much better choices available.

If you want to pretend like you are Nintendo and have the audacity to define what it takes to be a Smash character, then yes-- Tingle has his own game and an argument could (I guess) be made that he's a "major" character (although really, just because you need his maps to complete the game... that's pretty weak for a definition of "major"). So, y'know, I'm not going to make a statement like "THIS PROVES THAT NINTENDO WILL NEVER PICK TINGLE", but at the same time... realistically... I think they'll spend their roster positions on characters that are, frankly, more suited to a fighting game. Yes, even a crazy fighting game-***-platformer like Smash.

PS: I was never creeped out by Tingle; I just took him in stride. The character that really caught my eye was the Happy Mask Salesman. What a BIOTCHIN' character. :D

PSS: Tingle's site there is off the rocker. :D I love it.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I must say Im all for Tingle in Super Smash Bros Brawl. We must admite that there have been alot of Character Disc. The thing is more then half of them are senseliss. Cloud in Brawl for instance.

Tingle actually has something to offer. There are alot of Zelda character topic floating arounds, but none hold much water. Alot of Zelda characters are one timers, only dealing with a few games. Tingle is universal. He appers in almost every Zelda game since Majora's Mask.

Not only that but he's unique. I was surprised how ppl didn't like Wario's intro in the video. They though it was stupid and that it was not the same Wario. Frankly those people are wrong. Wario is a disgusting greedy fellow. A fart attack wasd totally expected. Its not a Wario Ware thing either. Look in the Wario Land 4 player manual to find out. He is also the same greedy Wario. Infact the whole reason for Wario Ware was for him to make cheap games and con his friends ouit of money. Now why did I just ramble about Wario? Tingle is the same way. In Zelda, there is a serious tone. Ebven the Cel Link was serious. Tingle, on the other hand isn't. He brings a different personality to the Zelda world. Even in Brawl, which has a serious tone, and is more darker, he could the the odd little ray of sun shine.

Also he has some good uses for movesets. First theres his magic words. Of course his ballon for recovery. He has bombs which he can throw at people. He could perhaps have a move dealing with Rupees.

Also dont think "Who would use him for there main?" or "He'd just be a bottom tier". First the teir list is flawed. Also who cares about main? Really, this game is ment to be fun in the first place. Its a party game for crying out loud. You pick a character and go beat someone up. In fact Im good with all 26 characters. I also know alot of people who would go gaga for Tingle.

Also the argument "There are better character" is flawed. There are many characters Tingle is above. The only characters that should be before him are the definates (like Diddy and Ridley) and the new franchised(like Olimar). When you start looking at second characters from a franchise, Tingle sticks out. He is unique and could add an interesting persona to this game. He is much better then any other Zelda character you could pick(besides the ones already in Melee). Besides, if you dont like him, beat him up.

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
I definitely want him in Brawl. Why?

1. He's the most frequequent returning Zelda character after Link, Ganon, and Zelda (and all three are already in so he doesn't have to compete with them).
2. His moveset will most certainly be original. He can't be a clone of anyone in the game thus far.
3. He is getting his own spin-off. Brawl would be an excellent ad for his game, and could make Americans want the Tingle game to go to the states (Nintendo is scared nobody outside Japan will buy his game).
4. With Pichu probably leaving, we need another weak guy to take his place and beat the **** out of. Tingle will be that man. He could also be the smallest character in the game, taking Pichu's slot.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
The three characters they have (excluding Y. Link on purpose because I don't think he shouldbe back) are enough and Tingle himself is just a bad idea anyway so I'm going to say no.

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
The three characters they have (excluding Y. Link on purpose because I don't think he shouldbe back) are enough and Tingle himself is just a bad idea anyway so I'm going to say no.
Zelda is their third best selling franchise. If you believe they won't be giving anymore Zelda characters in Brawl, you are really really stupid.

Tingle, Vaati, and Skull Kid have the best chances to be the next character from that franchise.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
If another Zelda character is in it I think it should be Skull Kid or Majora to be a villan to Y. Link. Tingle would be towards the end of the list of Zelda characters I would want in.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
They don't need to overkill Brawl by using fifteen characters from one series they should spread out the series that are representated to attract a wider audiance you just seem bias towards the series so you have no right calling me stupid when if you think about it they already have the Zelda fans with those three characters and could ultimately sell more copies the more franchises they represent so if you ask me your the stupid one for wanting to narrow the franchises represented and overkill a single franchise that is already well represented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom