• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Moveset swapping

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
Hey wait a sec I just thought something, if this is File Swapping only it would Desync if you tried it Online!

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
For many a long night have I lain awake wondering what the world would be like if Mario was a penguin, Link was a fiddler crab, and Peach was a headcrab zombie. Now I can rest easy, having seen what might have been.

Revven

FrankerZ
Action Replay has allready been released for the Wii Though.... let me find the link... I will edit post when found.

Edit:Here http://www.buy.com/prod/wii-action-replay/q/loc/108/204345655.html#

It won't work cause Nintendo Updated and it got blocked now.
That's actually the Gamecube AR for Wii, the one that actually isn't blocked by Nintendo's update. It's complete and utter crap though because you can't add your own codes. Yeah, my statement still stands, an AR has never existed for Wii.

J18

Smash Journeyman
holy **** this is so awesome
maluigi's looks like down syndrome
and pikachorf scared the **** out of me.
and toon knight...i don't even know
dedede is cute as hell
marolimar looks like a ******
haha i love the arwing spring
haha love the game and rob even more
ok the peach/sonic really scared me. like really. that's really scary.

ZeekeXIV

Smash Journeyman
Creepachu was pretty... creepy. If I ever saw that thing walking down the block... ...whoa.

SonicPeach was pretty bad, too. Those fingers...

Olimario was funny, though. That was the most unimpressive Final Smash I've ever seen.

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
This proves any character model can use any character model, it just looks funky. If done correctly, this could allow Assist Trophy models to play over other characters skeletons.

Thrull

Smash Cadet
Wow, the animation engine for the game is sophisticated being able to wrap those shapes onto those skeletons. Really, I'd love to see a million more of these, even though they fill me with unstoppable and convulsive laughter (whether from the absurdity or my mind cracking I'm not sure). It's so much more disturbing when you're extremely familiar with the character being disfigured. Mario's got to be one of the most scrutinized 3D models in the world.

Technically there should be... something like 600 possible combinations?

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
38 x 38 = 1444
Which is if this can only be done with Characters...

If someone can find a way to tweak this hack to allow Assist Trophy and or Pokemon models, then that number will ridiculously increase.

If someone finds out how to use the Trophy models if possible, probably not unless they can be separated from the trophy stand... I can't even fathom how many possibilities there.

WaffleGuyPerson

Smash Journeyman
Protect the children! Ganonchu has been unleashed upon the earth! Seriously, that thing looks like it will assault anything it happens to come by.

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface
Which is if this can only be done with Characters...

If someone can find a way to tweak this hack to allow Assist Trophy and or Pokemon models, then that number will ridiculously increase.

If someone finds out how to use the Trophy models if possible, probably not unless they can be separated from the trophy scan... I can't even fathom how many possibilities there.
Lolz. If they do that then people will have a playable mewtwo again.

LoginError

Smash Rookie
And Isaac, Krystal, K Rool, Ridley :O... this hack might be very popular if the way to do this is found out.
I doubt it, for the simple reason that tropys would not have "bones" which are needed for animation. The hack works by giving a characters bones the animation and moveset of another chacter, that's why "longchu" stretches, because thats where gannon's animations say its bones should be...It is highly unlikly that you could get assist trophys to work, but regular trophys would be impossible.....

mezbomber

Smash Journeyman
This guy needs to get some Pokemon Trainer in the mix. If you think Pikaman is creepy, just imagine Squirtleman!! Or ROB trying to assimilate Charizard's skeleton?!? ROB trying to look like anyone?!? If this guy takes requests, my cards are on more PT and ROB expiriments.

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
I doubt it, for the simple reason that tropys would not have "bones" which are needed for animation. The hack works by giving a characters bones the animation and moveset of another chacter, that's why "longchu" stretches, because thats where gannon's animations say its bones should be...It is highly unlikly that you could get assist trophys to work, but regular trophys would be impossible.....
No no no, the animations are embedded in the skeleton itself, trust me on this one, I had to animate something in Maya last semester, and it was pure evil the first time through. Anyways, that hack works by switching out the skeleton data from one character and inserting it into the selected character's model, which is why Pikachu's skeleton is deformed the way it it, because the model isn't made for the skeleton, and the model gets stretched.

The way AT/PK/ and possible Trophies could be allowed playable through this is instead of switching out the skeletal data, you swap out the model data. Not sure if this can be done, but if character skeletal data can be swapped, there must be a way. Trophies would only be unusable with this if the trophy stand is attached to the model itself, but if the model used for the trophy is separate from the trophy stand, then it might be possible, but since the trophies are in prerendered poses and aren't set up to use skeletons, it might not work very well.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
I want to see:

Rob as Ivysaur
Rob as Charizard
Rob as Squirtle
Chraizard as Pikachu
Zelda as Zamus
Zamus as Zelda
Charizard as Rob
Bowser as Jigglypuff
Jigglypuff as Ganondorf
Link as Toon Link
Rob as Zamus
Luigi as Zelda

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
Pikadorf is scarier than all the monsters of silent hill put together... I hope I run into these online :p

By the way how are people doing this? Where are they swapping files at?

Top Bottom